Seattle hosts Segregated Diversity Training for Employees (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:33:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Seattle hosts Segregated Diversity Training for Employees (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Seattle hosts Segregated Diversity Training for Employees  (Read 3614 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 10, 2020, 05:18:10 PM »

Also how is individualism "racist"?
If theres ever a moment that the word cultural Marxism actually makes sense one could use it here. I do wish there was a better word that captured that feeling without the anti-Semitic nature of Cultural Marxism.

Individualism is racist because it forces you to judge a person by their own actions instead of by the group they belong to. Wokies don't realize that that's precisely what makes it not racist.

But plenty of conservatives don't judge people by their actions. Every time a Republican loses an election somehow it's because the "blacks" in the inner city stuffed the ballot boxes. When you stop doing that then maybe you can call yourselves individualists.

"When you stop doing that?" Who is the "you" that you are referring to in that sentence? Republicans? If so, I'm not a Republican. Right-wingers in general? Well, if you'd like to paint the entire vast spectrum of the right, which covers everything from libertarian capitalism to ethno-fascism, with the same brush... then I guess that's your prerogative. But ironically, this is precisely why anti-individualism is so harmful. It allows you to judge an individual by their membership to a group instead of, you know, actually listening to what the person is saying to you.

I didn't say you were a Republican and specifically said conservatives. There are plenty of right-wingers from all over the spectrum who push the idea of voter fraud in black areas. Even moderate Mark Kirk said East St. Louis would jigger the vote against him. Really my point is that a lot of right-wingers want individualism for themselves, but like to judge people on which group they belong too.

My two cents. I can tell you from first-hand personal experience that Republicans overwhelmingly believe that "urban Wink" voters commit wholesale voter fraud in most big cities.

That said, I really don't see why that reality impacts an analysis of "individualism".
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 07:22:00 PM »

Because a lot of people who use the term "individualism" like to be treated as an individual, but don't view others in the same manner. That is just one example of a bias. Personally the only people I've seen using the term "individualist" really aren't any less judgmental than anyone else.

We only got to talking about black voter fraud because you brought it up and asked me to denounce it for some reason. How would you feel if every time you tried to make a point, a right-winger said "Okay leftie, maybe I'll take you seriously when you guys stop trying to collectivize the farms and shoot everyone who wears glasses"?

Don't they? Tongue
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 08:32:25 PM »

What is the hypothetical rationale behind this anyway?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 07:48:24 PM »

something about getting in touch with your whiteness in order to overcome it.

Okay, does anyone have a non troll answer?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies