Seattle hosts Segregated Diversity Training for Employees (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:39:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Seattle hosts Segregated Diversity Training for Employees (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Seattle hosts Segregated Diversity Training for Employees  (Read 3647 times)
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« on: July 12, 2020, 11:25:08 AM »

A fair number of Atlas posters thoughts can be summarized as "Let me be racist in peace".

GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 12:15:16 PM »

A fair number of Atlas posters thoughts can be summarized as "Let me be racist in peace".

Do you think segregating people for a day is a good idea?

Yes because people who do this type of training have to account for the completely insane ways some white people react. I've read a lot about this and it's crazy the anger, entitlement, and fragility they are encountered with.

If you find this type of training unwanted or even patronizing, don't be a damn racist at work, admonish your white coworkers when they are racist. It's 2020 already and we shouldn't have to be doing diversity training, the fact we do is the real outrage.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 12:31:45 PM »

Do you think segregating people for a day is a good idea?

Yes because people who do this type of training have to account for the completely insane ways some white people react. I've read a lot about this and it's crazy the anger, entitlement, and fragility they are encountered with.

If you find this type of training unwanted or even patronizing, don't be a damn racist at work, admonish your white coworkers when they are racist. It's 2020 already and we shouldn't have to be doing diversity training, the fact we do is the real outrage.

Do you think people are reacting negatively because they're being segregated based on race? I would react negatively to something such as that. If we're really trying to end racism that is not the way.

I agree that admonishing white co workers who are racist is needed, but you don't need to make the workplace 1959 Alabama for a day to accomplish that.

You can dislike training such as this and also not be racist. This isn't an either or.

Not all the training is always separated. But one of the key factors that is common is that some white people feel they're being "attacked" and usually go on the defensive, some even freakout, cry, insult the trainer, or even justify their racism because of "stuff like this". I would imagine the separation like most things was done for the benefit of whites.

I mean you seen that same attitude in this thread. Liberals are going to lose because of "stuff like this". If you're not a racist what's so hard about sitting through the talking points, maybe learning something, while you're being paid.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 01:11:58 PM »

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies