Labor NPC Campaigns thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:24:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor NPC Campaigns thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25
Author Topic: Labor NPC Campaigns thread  (Read 25146 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: June 08, 2021, 01:45:17 PM »
« edited: June 08, 2021, 01:56:43 PM by Scott🦋 »

Pensacola, Florida1
drive-in mega-rally, social distancing enforced in non-vaccinated section - livestreamed on FL Labor Website

Hello, Florida!

Well, it's been quite an active week for me, from Nebraska to Pennsylvania to right here in Pensacola: the Western Gate to the Sunshine State, where after over a year of social distancing, both Floridians and out-of-staters are coming out in droves to enjoy the state's luxurious beaches. Under Governor Chávez's leadership, more and more Floridians are becoming fully vaccinated. The state is once again open for business. Tourism is booming. And the people of Florida like what Labor is doing for them!

But the signature achievement of the Chávez administration is Florida Doesn't Sink, a new initiative to make Florida a national leader in combating climate change while getting as many Floridians vaccinated as possible. And by all accounts, Florida has been successful on both fronts. Climate change is of particular concern to cities and states along the coast, and failure to act now will result in cities from Pensacola to Miami under water. But we must continue investing in renewable energy. We must scale back Florida and the nation as a whole from our dependency on foreign fuels as well as fossil fuels.

With Governor Chávez's leadership on this issue in Tallahassee, and Labor's continued leadership in Nyman and our Red-Green New Deal law, we are going to cap emissions and go completely carbon neutral! We're putting our stake in adaptability. In solar. Wind power. And we are also taking a hard look at nuclear for states where health and safety risk is minimal. But no mistake: an energy plan that does not look towards those energy resources, and past coal and gas, is not a plan at all.

The second major pillar of Florida Doesn't Sink, the Governor's plan to lead the state past the pandemic and rebuild our economy, has also been met with resounding success. As of now, over 10.3 million Floridians have been vaccinated. 85% of Florida's seniors have been vaccinated. Florida's case positivity has been below 5% for more than three weeks, and cases in seniors have been below 5% for more than three weeks.

How else can I say it, Florida? The Sunshine State is winning with Labor. We're winning so much that our opponents are saying to Governor Chávez, "Please, Mr. Governor, we're winning so much! Can we please have a loss for once?". And the answer to that is a resounding no! No, we must keep winning!

And with that winning comes a legacy for our children and our grandchildren to enjoy. The dream that Floridians will no longer have to worry about the possibility of their homes sinking under rising sea levels, will be realized. Our goal of a return to a full state of normalcy for our economy and schools is rapidly approaching. We're getting it done this year, and we're getting it done with Fidel Chávez as governor and Sev as your next president!

Polarized as politics may be in Tallahassee, Governor Chávez is leading with this guiding principle in mind: One Florida. Urban and rural, coastal and inland, people of all races and creeds. From the white sands of the Pensacola beaches to the Everglades down south. And together we're going to reelect Governor Chávez with a mandate in both chambers of the Florida statehouse!

With me is retired Lieutenant Colonel Sam Davis, an Iraq War veteran and lifelong Pensacolan. Also with me is Dr. Bridgett Cohen, who's witnessed the very worst of the pandemic we are finally emerging from. Both are running for Senate and House, respectively.

Thank you, Pensacola! Dave bless you, Dave bless Florida, and Dave bless the Republic of Atlasia!

1. https://www.rbfishingcharters.com/fun-facts-about-pensacola-beach-florida/
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #576 on: June 08, 2021, 02:33:49 PM »

Tallahassee, Florida1
drive-in mega-rally, social distancing enforced in non-vaccinated section - livestreamed on FL Labor Website

Good afternoon, Tallahassee!

It is such an honor to be here, with Governor Chávez and so many Labor leaders and legislators, as well as candidates for statehouse, here outside the State Capitol!

First, I want to speak to you today about an issue that is severely under-discussed, and it's an issue that sadly only one region has gotten right. That issue is taxation.

Where I live in Wyoming, I pay a single tax to the federal government on an annual basis. No state taxes. No local taxes. And because I'm not incredibly wealthy, I don't need to pay a cent to the regional government in Denver. This is because in Frémont, we assumed all powers for both taxation and funding of state services. Our neighbors in Lincoln and here in the South, sadly, have not. And as a result, working Floridians have to foot the bill for every service they get here. And the need for state and local taxes in these states is not only a burden, but it has considerably restrained what Florida can do for you. It has also restrained the potential for much-needed job creation as we emerge from the pandemic.

Governor Chávez has been a superb leader here in Tallahassee, but even he laments that the South has not taken these appropriate measures to reduce the burden on the state budget, as well as taxpayers. And so while I will not use this opportunity to blast any particular individual or party, especially when two of our three regions bears this problem, I want to make a direct appeal to the Southern capital in Nashville, not merely as an outsider but as someone who's seen what commonsense budgeting has done to make a region prosperous.

I am calling upon Governor LouisvilleThunder and the Southern legislature to come together and craft a budget that fully funds the states, thereby eliminating the need for state and local taxes.

That will help the people of Florida, and it will also help poorer states like Louisiana get their own financial house in order. But it is only thanks to Florida's growing economy that the Governor has been able to implement popular initiatives like Florida Doesn't Sink. And so once again, I stand with Governor Chávez in our call to action from Nashville.

History has shown that, here in Florida, appealing to regional leadership makes a difference. Just months ago, a man in this state who was wrongly convicted by the name of Henry Segura was dutifully pardoned by Governor LT, after myself and leaders here in Tallahassee presented the evidence of this miscarriage of justice.

And so I commend the Governor - both governors, really - for doing the right thing and standing on the side of justice! But there is still work to be done, both in Tallahassee and Nashville.

Florida stands as a shining example of how great state leadership can overcome the challenges we face - from race relations to criminal justice reform to COVID to climate change to budgetary matters. We stand proudly here today, outside of this great Capitol, as a state that faced adversity head-on. Those accomplishments, not the petty politics of partisanship, is what moves us forward as one state, one region, one nation, one people.

But, biased as I am, I'd say Labor's been doing a heckuva job in confronting these problems, with current and future generations in mind. And so I urge Floridians to reelect Governor Chávez and vote Labor up and down the ballot!

Thank you, Tallahassee. With that, I'm proud to introduce your governor, Mr. Fidel Chávez!

1. https://visittallahassee.com/partners/florida-capitol-complex/
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #577 on: June 08, 2021, 05:42:59 PM »

Crestview, Florida1

Hello, Crestview!

It's been quite a treat touring the Panhandle, from Pensacola to the Capitol Building in Tallahassee. I've been to many beaches in my lifetime, but few rival the beauty of the white sands of North Florida.

Florida is like a microcosm of Atlasia as a whole: a growing, diverse state, with a wide variety of industries and miles of natural beauty. There's not a doubt in my mind that Florida has earned its reputation as a retirement hotspot. That type of migration grows Florida's economy, and with more than half of Floridians vaccinated under the Governor's Florida Doesn't Sink initiative, already we are seeing the fruits of that swift, decisive action.

Our opponents call us a machine party, and they present themselves as liberators from Labor's time in power. But we both know that, absent Labor's steady-handed leadership and Labor's original initiatives - most of which received multi-partisan support - we would not be living in this New Great Society we've constructed from the ground-up. Atlasia has come a long way after we hit the reset button, and under this new constitution, we hope to better represent the people. And these NPC elections, and the newfound power of the individual states, have created a more direct avenue for citizens to demand change and create change at home.

Our states and regions truly are the laboratories of democracy.

But now, I want to talk about an issue that's near and dear to thousands of Atlasians. That issue is how we are treating our men and women in uniform, especially those who come home from combat. In the real-life United States, we heard thousands upon thousands of horror stories. Vets who were denied or delayed care. Vets who were improperly treated and forced to live on the streets or turned to drugs. Vets who became so desperate under the government's neglect that they took their own lives.

Thanks to bipartisan healthcare reform efforts, our public healthcare system has been streamlined and made more efficient. That affects veterans in a tremendous way, and especially those in vet-heavy states like Florida.

I have made it a priority, as an NPC leader for my party, to recruit a diverse array of state and local candidates of all backgrounds: men and women of all races, creeds, and sexual orientations. And I've also had the pleasure of recruiting many veterans, and meeting those veterans one-to-one and getting to know their families.

With me today are two very respected members of Crestview's community: retired Lieutenant Dan Matthews, an openly gay veteran who was discharged when the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy was in place and fought for change in policy. Lieutenant Dan, as he prefers to be called, is a shining example of what LGBT Atlasians have done for our country. And now he wants to fight a different battle as your next State Representative: the battle against climate change, COVID, systemic racism, and homophobia. He will truly be a voice for our great military, and for those groups the government had previously disenfranchised.

Also with me is Admiral Camila Lopez. The only daughter of Mexican immigrants, Admiral Lopez is another example of Atlasian exceptionalism, and what Mexican-Atlasians and women have done for our country in the armed services. She wants to fight for the same things in Tallahassee as Lieutenant Dan wants to fight for, and Governor Chávez has been fighting for.

The Labor Party understands that a great society which neglects its veterans is not a great society at all. And with these two freedom fighters in Tallahassee, Florida will continue to prosper.

1. https://neconnected.co.uk/4-best-things-to-do-when-you-visit-crestview-florida/
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #578 on: June 09, 2021, 06:43:20 PM »

Honolulu, Hawaii1
limited-capacity event; masks mandatory for unvaccinated attendees, optional for those with proof of vaccination - livestreamed on HI Labor Website

Aloha, Honolulu!

It's great to finally be in Hawaii after a long flight from Florida! I've been very fortunate to use this month's campaign cycle as an opportunity to soak up those fresh waves and meet with local business owners in the tourism and hospitality industries. Honolulu is ready to get back on track, Governor Abercrombie is ready to get back on track, and the great state of Hawaii is ready to get back on track!

Yesterday I met with Florida's governor and discussed his widely popular, and successful, Florida Doesn't Sink initiative: a blueprint for leading his state out of the pandemic and addressing the existential threat to life as we know it: climate change. Now Labor understands that failure to combat these threats effectively, and climate change in particular, will be to the detriment of man and animal. And that's especially pertinent to coastal and island states like Florida and Hawaii. That is why Labor has been leading on this issue, passing the Red-Green New Deal in Nyman to make our country carbon neutral and free from our dependency on foreign fuels.

Governor Abercrombie and I both see Florida's approach as a model for the nation. And Hawaiians have great leaders from Honolulu to Denver to Nyman who are all on the same page, working together towards a common cause that is impossible to achieve without cooperation with other nations. Atlasia cannot face this challenge alone. We need cooperation from the international community to enforce environmental standards and transition to a fully green economy.

But I, for one, believe that our union is strong. The values embraced by Hawaii are the same values embraced by Frémont. We never neglect our states, coastal or inland, far as they may be from continental Atlasia. And folks, the Frémont model is working for Hawaii.

I've always believed in autonomy for our states and regions, and Hawaii is no exception. Local control is essential to any functioning democracy. And in here in Hawaii, we look to our local leaders first and foremost - leaders like Governor Abercrombie, who knows how to run in her state best.

And so I urge you, the people of Hawaii: reelect Governor Colleen Abercrombie and progressive Labor majorities in the House and Senate! And when we do that, we're gonna elect Senator Sev and Senator Blair to the White House and send my good friend, FalterinArc, back to Nyman as your subregional senator!

Thank you, Honolulu! Dave bless you, Dave bless Hawaii, and Dave bless the Republic of Atlasia!

Governor, come on up!

1. https://www.extraspace.com/blog/moving/city-guides/things-to-know-about-living-in-honolulu/
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #579 on: June 10, 2021, 10:49:55 AM »

Lakeland, Florida1

Good morning, Lakeland!

Here we are at Lake Mirror Park, the crown jewel of the City of Lakeland. I chose Lakeland as the next stop for our tour because, as you all well know, Polk County is the top citrus-producing county in all of Florida. And I'm pleased to have members of the Florida Farm Bureau Federation in attendance today.

The growing, picking, processing, and selling of citrus generates nearly $1 billion in tax revenue annually to support schools, highways, and health care services. Nearly 76,000 Floridians are employed by the citrus industry or related businesses, and that number exceeds the total labor force in 45 of Florida's 67 counties. Citrus also has a positive environmental impact in the state, as modern citrus groves allow for large areas of undeveloped land which provides an excellent wildlife habitat and a natural buffer between farmlands and urban development.2

Thanks to stimulus measures undertaken by Labor leadership in Nyman and implemented by Governor Chávez, these citrus farms have weathered this pandemic. Areas affected by hurricanes have also received substantial aid, particularly small family-owned farms, many of which are owned by black and Hispanic Floridians. But COVID-19 is not the only challenge our farmers are having today.

While I consider myself a supporter of free trade, the fact of the matter is that the continued illegal dumping of Mexican agricultural commodities into Atlasia has created even more hardship for Florida farmers. Nina Fried, Governor Chávez's Agricultural Commissioner, has taken a proactive role, working closely with the Florida Fruit and Vegetable Association and the state's Division of Marketing to track this issue as well as to lobby for federal policy changes that will promote domestic produce production. And this is one issue the next Atlasian government must address.

Governor Chávez and Commissioner Fried have also forged a strong partnership between farmers and schools, as well as food banks, by continuing to fund the Feeding Florida Program. This program eliminates crop waste by purchasing cosmetically blemished produce from local agricultural producers and providing them to households in need. Thanks to the Feeding Florida Program, schools may work directly with local producers to purchase products using their own school food service accounts.3

Farmers and consumers alike will always have Labor to rely on, for promoting domestic production and business. And to provide Governor Chávez with needed reinforcement, In the election for State House, I have recruited Bill "Butch" Valentine, a local farmer, to promote continued funding for these programs and lobby for better enforcement of existing trade rules so that Florida agriculture workers get a fair deal out of our relationship with Mexico. For Senate, I also have with us Mason Riddle, a farmer himself as well as a member of the Florida Farm Bureau Federation.

Before I hand the stage over to Mason, I would once again like to thank members of Florida's citrus and agriculture community for turning out here in Lakeland. It's going to be a close state, ladies and gentlemen, so don't forget to register! As we often do, we have recruited local volunteers to set up booths on both sides of the venue so that they'll be eligible by Election Day.

Thank you, Lakeland, and thank you, Florida! I have faith in all of you! We are going to reelect Governor Chávez and return him to Tallahassee with a strong mandate in both houses of the legislature!

1. Photo courtesy City of Lakeland.
2. https://www.visitflorida.com/en-us/eat-drink/facts-about-florida-citrus-oranges.html
3. https://www.fdacs.gov/Consumer-Resources/COVID-19-Information/COVID-19-Information-for-Businesses
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #580 on: June 10, 2021, 05:31:48 PM »

Naples, Florida1

Hello, Naples! It's great to be here on my first stop in South Florida.

Folks, there's an elephant in the room, and only one party seems to have expressed any interest on the issue or, to my knowledge, taken a stance. That issue, of course, is rent and the cost of living. Naples, while not the most expensive city in Florida to live, is nonetheless higher than the state average.

One of the large contributors to that, in addition to the overall attractiveness of cities like Naples, is strict rent control. In Labor, I helped move our party in the direction against strict rent control policies, and while many of these issues are best addressed at the local level, Governor Chávez has helped forged a consensus in the legislature against those policies at the state level.

While some might decry Labor for turning our backs on renters, nothing could be further from the truth. We support tenant rights, we support fair housing policies, and during the pandemic, we placed a moratorium on evictions in order to curb the spread of COVID-19 and guarantee shelter, so that people could remain safe and healthy during lockdown periods. These were a necessary measure, and as the economy reopens, we have been steadily and responsibly removing these moratoriums provided that doing so is not to the detriment of the public health.

But the problem of cost of living, and high rent, is a simple one. The fundamental law of economics is that the cost of goods increases when demand outpaces supply. And so when we restrict supply, by not building houses, by discouraging small landowners from renting out, the cost inevitably goes up. This results in less, and more expensive, housing, and creates a lose-lose situation for everyone involved. Landlords lose out because they cannot rent out. Tenants and would-be renters lose out because they are priced out of their communities. And South Florida was ground zero for this problem when Governor Chávez first came into office.

Now folks, I am by no means an apologist for bad landlords. I spent two years in a tiny makeshift "apartment" with my mom that had previously been a shed. There was no insulation. Our bathroom was located inside my landlord's house. It was, if I can be personal, a very miserable experience taking care of my sick mother under these conditions.

There are landlords who game the system to their advantage, cut corners, dodge building codes, evade taxes, toss good tenants out when they are a day or two late on their rent. I know it, because I've lived it.

But NIMBYism is a tried and failed way of doing things, and we have countless examples throughout the country of NIMBYism and strict rent control inflating the cost of living. These policies hurt the very people they are intended to help. And the same party that has guided Florida through the climate and environmental crises by listening to the experts is the same party that listens to economists. Diverse as economists are in their opinion, there is broad consensus between economists on the left and right that strict rent control is a bad deal for everybody.

The candidates that Labor has recruited throughout Florida, especially here in South Florida where the cost of living is highest, understand this. Florida needs leadership that understands this problem, in Naples and in Tallahassee. Mayor Gerard Schroeder understands this and has implemented local reforms. And as your next senator, he will be an advocate for policies that lower the cost of living throughout Florida.

Ladies and gentlemen, Mayor Gerard Schroeder!

1. https://opalunpacked.com/top-things-to-do-in-naples-in-september-through-december/
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #581 on: June 10, 2021, 08:22:26 PM »

Clewiston, Florida1

Good evening, Clewiston!

Before I get to the main topic of my speech, I would like to politely rebut a point one of our opponents made at another event in the state. Contrary to what my friend, Weatherboy, claims, I am not piggybacking off of anyone's rhetoric but my own. In fact, much of what I said in that speech is exactly the same as what I told the now-banned former Representative Matthew! This individual, who wore a wig and prosthetic breasts and was publicly known by his pseudonym "Jessica", specifically advocated for strict rent control policies during my last term in the Atlasian Senate. I rebuffed him, and I am on record for having opposed strict rent control for a long time.

That is my policy, that is Labor's policy, and that is Governor Chávez's policy. But this highlights an important contrast between Labor and the Democratic Alliance: while one party likes to talk about an issue on the campaign trail, the other party has a record of actually leading on the issue and pursuing these important initiatives.

With that having been said, I would like to swerve to another issue that has been polarizing in Labor and the nation at large. As senator, I stood up to the national party and voted against the federal "assault weapons" ban, believing this to be an ineffective and polarizing idea best left at the local level.

I believe there ought to be a national consensus on these hot button issues, to leave issues such as gun control and abortion to the states and regions. I have always been a strong supporter of local control. It is good for the game, and it is good for honoring the consent of the governed. But I want to make clear that Governor Chávez's policy on the right to bear arms is the same as the policy Ted and myself ran back in February.

In Florida, we support the status quo. We do not support further restrictions on gun ownership for law-abiding citizens, as we understand that criminals do not follow the law. And in a state as divided as Florida on the issue, I do not want our party to run as culture warriors. But, at the same time, what works best for Miami isn't necessarily consistent with the values of small towns like Clewiston, where gun ownership is a longstanding tradition.

Governor Chávez supports commonsense restrictions on gun ownership: the ones which are absolutely necessary to keep these weapons out of the hands of criminals, domestic abusers, and terrorists. But he has consistently opposed proposals to implement mandatory buyback programs, or to establish a state gun registry. He has always remained faithful to his oaths to uphold the state, regional, and federal constitutions, all of which protect the right to keep and bear arms.

It is a stance that is consistent with the Governor's "One Florida" philosophy, where all people have a seat at the table. Whether they support Labor, Federalists, DA, or Liberals. Urban and rural. Coastal and inland.

Our candidates for House and Senate, Mr. Phil Meyers and Ms. Kelly Lane, are both avid hunters and gun rights supporters. Like you, they are law-abiding citizens who don't want Tallahassee to track the number of guns they own or dictate how often they are allowed to buy one. And they will never compromise on an individual's right to defend themselves and their loved ones.

A continued Labor government led by Fidel Chávez will protect the rights and safety of all. And now I'd like to introduce our first speaker, Mr. Phil Meyers!

1. Fred Ward - U.S. National Archives and Records Administration
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #582 on: June 11, 2021, 11:48:05 AM »

Scottsbluff, Nebraska1
drive-in mega-rally, social distancing enforced in non-vaccinated section - livestreamed on NE Labor Website

Hello, Scottsbluff!

It's great to be able to return to my home region, and specifically here in the Mountain/Interior West where I am running to be your senator under the Fifth Constitution! And I'm glad to have Governor Nelson with me and his support as we move together as one state, one region, and one nation.

Throughout my tour of the other states up for election this month, I have learned much. In particular, I have learned about the hardships that small and family farms have experienced throughout the pandemic. Needless to say, we are fortunate to have these farms with us today. Governor Nelson and the legislature have done a spectacular job keeping this state afloat and getting our people vaccinated.

While I was meeting with the Governor, we talked a little about the expectations for this state in the coming summer. I remarked that other states' governors are anticipating a tourism boom after a year of enforced social distancing measures and closed amenities. Well, here in "flyover country" we're setting expectations a bit lower! And even Bob quipped that Nebraska, true to its tourism slogan: "Honestly, it's not for everyone."

[audience laughs]

Perhaps not, perhaps not. But it is at the center of our nation's breadbasket, and that creates jobs for tens of thousands Nebraskans, especially here out west in the Panhandle.

But meeting with Governor Chávez and Ag Commissioner Fried back in Florida, I learned that not only are our nation's farmers having to bear the pandemic, the ensuing economic devastation, and the natural disasters brought on by climate change that only make farming that much more difficult - they are also dealing with unfair and illegal trade practices in the agriculture industry that, as your next senator, will be one of my first priorities.

The illegal dumping of Mexican agricultural commodities has created a strong disadvantage for Atlasian farmers. That is why one of my first acts as a member of our new Senate will be to introduce an Atlasian version of the Defending Domestic Produce Production Act, based on a real-life version of the law heavily supported by Florida's leaders and agricultural community.

But we know that this crop-dumping affects farmers all throughout the country.

That is a campaign promise on my end. Because neither of the governors I spoke to about this issue are equipped to deal with it themselves. And while I support free trade and acknowledge the benefits it has provided for Frémont and the country, I also recognize that these benefits have not been universal.

In order to get rural Atlasia on the move again, we must restructure our trade laws so that all players are on an even playing field.

So what does my plan for domestic production actually do? Current law requires petitioners to demonstrate harm as measured from a nationwide and year-round perspective, and this bill would acknowledge the unique circumstances of seasonal fruit and vegetable farmers who are directly harmed by Mexico's practices in various geographic regions during different seasons. The bill itself has already been written, and needs only minor tweaks before it can be presented.

But a vote for me is a vote for a senator with a plan. We're going to fix the term length discrepancy between regional and at-large senators. We're going to ensure that the new system works for everyone.

And I will work closely with governors and members of the agricultural community in pushing for this change at the national level. And here in Nebraska, you'll always have an ally in Governor Nelson!

Governor, why don't you say a few words?

1. Photo by Ben Prepelka | Ben Prepelka Photography
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #583 on: June 12, 2021, 10:28:13 PM »

Braddock, Pennsylvania1
drive-in mega-rally, social distancing enforced in non-vaccinated section - livestreamed on PA Labor Website

[Atlasian Hearts plays in the background as Scott walks onto the stage; the song fades out]

Hello, Braddock! How are we doing tonight?!

[Audience cheers]

Folks, I am so glad to be here with Governor Bakersfield and our two candidates for statehouse. Brad Summers and Lisa McKinley are going to be superb representatives in the House and Senate. Both of them have lived in Braddock for their entire lives. They've seen how unfair trade policies decimated their hometown. Because somewhere along the way, we lost focus on what made us successful.

It's not about business versus workers. It's not about handouts. It's about rebuilding our cities and investing in business so that they can create more jobs here in towns like Braddock. We need to invest in training and technological development, and give our workers - many of which lost their jobs - new opportunities and a path to success.

Governor Jo has made huge investments into our public infrastructure. We're fixing our roads, our bridges, our airports, broadband. We're revitalizing manufacturing, securing Atlasian supply chains, and making things here. The new Civilian Conservation Corps has done great work here in Braddock and other cities and towns that have been forgotten in the new economy.

Governor Jo has never sold out our workers and never will. I said it in my first campaign for Governor Bakersfield and I'll say it again: unions built Western Pennsylvania.

Our communities are only as strong as our weakest link. Labor understands that. While we are a big tent party and occasionally have disagreements, what binds us is our commitment to the marginalized. To the unemployed. To the rural and urban poor. To people of all races and identities. To the LGBT community.

Because those are the people that make Atlasia great. That is Atlasian exceptionalism.

When you cast your vote this month, vote for the party that has a proven record of dedication to our workers and environmental conservation. And we reject the notion that we must choose between economic prosperity and our environment, because they go hand-in-hand.

Be sure to register if you haven't already; we have volunteers on both sides of the field to help sign you up. Let's reelect Allentown Jo and give her a mandate.

Thank you, Braddock! Dave bless you, and Dave bless the Republic of Atlasia!

1. Photo: Andrew Rush/AP Photo
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #584 on: June 14, 2021, 12:22:58 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2021, 12:42:12 AM by Scott🦋 »

Perdido Key, Florida1

Hello and good afternoon, Perdido Key!

Well, a few days ago the head of the NPC campaigns for the Democratic Alliance came here to give you all a little "tantrum speech", to use this city to air his grievances against myself and downplay our party's consistent messaging against overly-restrictive rent control policies. This "speech" was really not more than that.

Well, rather than continue this passive-aggressive back-and-forth between the former president and myself, I thought I'd come Perdido Key to give you folks a real speech tailored to your issues - not just to attack our opponents. I think that's what communities like Perdido Key really deserve, wouldn't you say, folks?

[audience cheers]

I thought so.

One point Labor has been stressing in all our state campaigns is that actions speak louder than words. We don't just talk about an issue, we act on what we believe and stand on principle. And Labor will work with anyone who wants to achieve these common goals. On that point, there is no disagreement. We listen to the scientists on climate change and COVID and we listen to the economists, particularly in the rare instances in which there is a consensus between them.

And the solution to homelessness and high rent is fewer regulations and more building. We don't want to turn this into a partisan issue, only to establish that Labor has been there and has done that. We're giving the people of Perdido Key and communities throughout the state what they really need, and that's not petty drive-by mud-slinging.

Governor Chávez's "Florida Doesn't Sink" initiative has enjoyed broad support from Floridians, and in Tallahassee, despite Florida being a deeply divided state comparable to its real-life counterpart. The issue we need to tackle, first and foremost, is and continues to be climate change. Whether we act on this issue is the difference between coastal communities from here to South Florida underwater! And the Governor has proven that his priorities are in tune with what is best for Florida.

And when you reelect Governor Chávez and send him a strong mandate downballot, we're going to continue building on the progress we've made. We're going to continue building our infrastructure with the renewed Civilian Conservation Corps. And we're going to pay the people who install that infrastructure $15 an hour, and we're going to continue fighting for living wages as those workers return to the private sector.

Now is not a time to be at each other's throats, now is a time to be hopeful and optimistic about Florida's future. We're going to create more green jobs as we transition from fossil fuels. We are going to keep this state and this Republic on the path to energy independence.

And we are going to banish and confine this terrible pandemic to the history books! Are you with me, Florida?!

[audience cheers]

Labor is proud of what we've accomplished in Florida. And we're going to continue building on those accomplishments. Once again, I was able to recruit some great Labor volunteers to register new voters in this upcoming election. Because even though the polls might have us ahead now, we're running like we're 20 points behind. And here in Florida, every vote counts. You can ask Al Gore about that!

Thank you, Perdido Key! Remember to register if you haven't already before you leave, and remember to vote maroon up and down the ballot this June!

I believe in you, Florida!

1. https://www.beachguide.com/PerdidoKey/sandy-key
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #585 on: June 16, 2021, 05:41:12 PM »

Santa Fe, New Mexico1
drive-in mega-rally, social distancing enforced in non-vaccinated section - livestreamed on NM Labor Website

Hello and hola, Santa Fe!

It is an honor and a privilege to be speaking to you all today with Governor Santos and various members of the Labor Caucus in the House and Senate.

I have high hopes for this state, and confidence that we are going to reelect Governor Santos and send him back to the capitol with a mandate in the statehouse. Polls show that a whopping 60% approve of what the Santos administration has accomplished! Governor Santos' policies and success have been compared to none other than that of our own First Minister Truman up in Denver. New Mexico is currently THIRD in the nation for vaccinations, no thanks in small part to legislation shepherded by former Speaker Siren and concurring legislation here in the state capital.

The Governor has also been very transparent, with weekly livestreams via his "Say, Luis" program. That is Frémont at its best. That is setting an example for other states to look towards.

But before we elect Governor Santos, there is an equally important election coming up this very weekend, in which I am running to be senator for the Mountain West region which includes this state. And I would be remiss not to follow the Governor's example in demonstrating transparency by speaking to you all today and outlining my priorities for the new Senate.

I'm going to fight for protection of our national parks system and public lands. I'm going to lobby for fair, staggered terms between our regional, subregional, and at-large senators. I'm going to aid our next president, Sev, and be an outspoken voice for sensible foreign policy and the cause for peace, while also keeping bad actors like China in check. And I'm going to support policies and goals like those in the Red-Green New Deal, because climate change is an existential threat that directly affects all of us.

And you know that Governor Santos will always have my ear in doing what's best for the people of New Mexico and the Mountain West.

I will also continue to maintain a public office so that people can follow my record, the legislation I introduce, floor statements, and votes. If you help elect me, I will be as transparent to the Mountain West as Governor Santos has been to New Mexico. And that is a statement that can be backed up by a record of activity and honesty, as I strove for in my last term in the Senate.

Now the pundits may differ as to how and where Labor is most likely going to be successful in the federal and state elections, but if there's one thing that 17 years of following elections has taught me, it is that every vote counts and nothing can be taken for granted.

So get registered, vote this weekend, and then get back to the polls on the 28th and reelect Governor Santos along with a commanding Labor majority in the statehouse!

Thank you, Santa Fe! Dave bless you, Dave bless New Mexico, Dave bless the Commonwealth, and Dave bless the Republic of Atlasia!!

1. Earth Traditions and The Death Midwife | https://deathmidwife.org/santa-fe-nm
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #586 on: June 17, 2021, 03:05:11 PM »
« Edited: June 17, 2021, 03:31:54 PM by Scott🦋 »

Omaha, Nebraska1
drive-in mega-rally, social distancing enforced in non-vaccinated section - livestreamed on NE Labor Website

Hello, Nebraska! It's good to be here once again with Governor Nelson, as well as our candidates for statehouse, Mayor Marshall Tucker and Councilmember Samantha Wiggins.

Well, this marks my final speech as candidate for Senate. Although, regardless of who wins this weekend, I fully intend on returning to the state and making our last pitch for Nebraska Labor in the capital city of Lincoln. But this weekend, Nebraska has a choice, as does the rest of the Interior West, in electing our next government.

A couple weeks ago, we saw the Democratic Alliance make a brief, and unusual, attempt at swaying you all by running hard-left in a state that has traditionally been conservative. Since then, they have endorsed federal candidates who are clearly on the political right side of the spectrum. But even here in Nebraska, where their candidate for governor is running against non-existent tax cuts, is apparently still unaware that state and local taxes do not and have not existed in Frémont, despite Mr. McHenry being a member of the state Senate!

The Democratic Alliance simply does not know Nebraska or Frémont, otherwise they would not continue running on falsehoods here in just about every campaign since their infamous Alaska campaign. And they certainly wouldn't be running a campaign that is so out of tune with the people of this state.

But while our opponents are working on their political identity crisis, let's turn to the positives. Governor Nelson has been a dealmaker who's built consensus in the capital. All of his initiatives have enjoyed bipartisan, tri-partisan, quad-partisan support and so on. Governor Nelson has demonstrated a willingness to work with anyone, of any party, to make Nebraska and cities like Omaha one of the best in the nation to raise a family.

And like Governor Nelson, I intend on working with any president and any senator to achieve common goals that benefit the country, protect our environment, and create good-paying jobs for the Interior West. In the Senate, I voted multiple times for elder statesman North Carolina Yankee as PPT. I did that because he earned the confidence of the body, in his years of public service, to carry out the duties of a non-partisan, non-ideological position.

We see that here in Nebraska, where the Federalist Speaker has enjoyed the support of a Labor majority.

And we are going to reelect Governor Nelson and, with him, great candidates like Mayor Tucker and Councilmember Wiggins who both have sterling records of managing this city and leaving none of its residents behind.

The people of Nebraska are smart. They know when someone's trying to pull the wool over their eyes. And they can have confidence that Governor Nelson will continue working in a way that is to the benefit of more than just his party.

I would like to thank Nebraska for giving me a venue to run my first campaign for Senate in a very long time, and I want to thank Governor Nelson for supporting me in my bid. Indeed, despite our differences and occasional criticisms of each other, we as Laborites stand for the same fundamental goal of guaranteeing universal access to health care, to jobs and opportunity, and for safe neighborhoods.

You all have some very important choices to make this month, Nebraska. I hope that I can have your support for my campaign this weekend. And as I've said, you can bet I'll be here before the 28th for a huge rally in Lincoln. We take nothing for granted here in Frémont, despite its partisan lean.

So get registered, vote this weekend, and then head on back to the polls to reelect Governor Nelson and a robust Labor majority in the statehouse!

Thank you, Omaha. Dave bless you, Dave bless this great state, Dave bless Frémont, and Dave bless the Republic of Atlasia!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm headed back to Wyoming to meet with my campaign team in anticipation of this weekend's elections. But first I would like to introduce our next speaker, Mayor Marshall Tucker!

1. https://www.visitomaha.com/blog/post/travel-with-a-local-omaha-nebraska/
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #587 on: June 21, 2021, 02:12:51 PM »
« Edited: June 21, 2021, 02:17:22 PM by Scott🦋 »

Senate Victory Speech
[socially-distanced rally in Jackson, WY, broadcast throughout all of the District 2 states, including Nebraska and New Mexico]

Good afternoon, Jackson! How are we doing today?!

[audience cheers]

I gotta say, this was an exciting election. Frémont, the Mountain/Interior West, and the rest of the nation had a choice, and we chose to build on the progress we've made on state, regional, and national levels, to fix the economy and provide strong leadership throughout this pandemic. As always, Labor delivered. And we're going to keep building on the New Great Society in our transition to a new government.

I want to congratulate Utah Neolib on his campaign. He has been very gracious in the results tonight, and I wish him well. Let's give him a round of applause!

[audience applauds]

And I also want to congratulate all candidates, both those who won and those who lost, for keeping things interesting for all of us. And I will look forward to working with them

I want to thank all my volunteers. I want to thank everyone who helped us get to this point. And I want to make a special shout-out to dead0man. It means a lot to me to win this election with bipartisan support. It truly does.

Ladies and gentlemen, our campaign has won the state of Nebraska!

[audience cheers]

That was no small feat, helped in large part by Governor Bob Nelson and his campaigning on my behalf. Thank you, Governor!!

But as we transition to the unicameral Senate, we need strong, committed leadership in both the executive and legislative branch. That is why I will run to be the first President pro tempore of the new Senate.

We need a leader who can be here full-time, and we need a leader with experience. I want to work with Senator Yankee and Vice President-elect Blair: two individuals I respect very much, and will be honored to work with.

As has been the case in the past, I will be an impartial leader who will always exercise fair and proper judgment. And in anticipation of that, I have written a modified version of the Senate rules to guide the single chamber, which I will link to below.

After these rules are debated and amended, my first priority will be to introduce a constitutional amendment merging the regional elections with the subregional elections, and raising the term length of At-Large Senators to four months.

Those are my priorities for the new Senate, and I look forward to getting to work on day one.

Congratulations to our new president, and congratulations to all the winners of this election. Win or lose, we saw a lot of spirited campaigning this month and I'm proud to have been a part of it!

And now, the real work begins.

Let's keep moving forward. I see a bright future for this country: a renewed confidence in our economy, and a post-COVID world. Now is a time for optimism.

Thank you, once again, to my supporters this evening! Dave bless you, Dave bless Fremont, and Dave bless the Republic of Atlasia!!

My new Senate rules proposal changes very little, but I still urge all senators and senators-elect to read through the bill. On the first day of the new session, VP Blair will need to introduce the rules package as the very first bill/resolution we consider. Comments and amendments will be needed.

The rules package might be read here. Smile
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #588 on: June 23, 2021, 12:33:34 AM »

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania1
drive-in mega-rally, social distancing enforced in non-vaccinated section - livestreamed on PA Labor Website

What an honor it is to finally be here, in the City of Brotherly Love!

You know, Pennsylvania has kind of been a sleeper race this month. And by sleeper race, I mean everyone else has pretty much been sleeping as I'm the only one in either party who's bothered to campaign in the state for the entire cycle so far. Tongue

But today, Pennsylvania, we have a choice to make: Labor, which cares about this state and has passed popular reforms to fill our budget deficit, and two other major parties, neither of which has officially acknowledged the results of the presidential election!

Indeed, neither their candidate nor the party apparatuses have released any statements acknowledging President-elect Sev's win. There have been talks of lawsuits, a desperate last-ditch attempt to split terms with the President-elect, and all sorts of nonsense which I'm not going to even mention here. But as we enter the third day after the election, the losing side simply refuses to concede and respect the will of the voters.

To quote that losing candidate, I will ask you: "Had enough?"

I don't know about you, folks, but I think it's time we put this long, hard-fought election behind us and worked together to build "a more welcoming Atlasia", as my friend Senator Yankee often emphasizes in his campaigns. You all came out and voted this past weekend, and today we're going to reelect Governor Jo and deliver a great victory for Labor in the Keystone State!

And I believe, with all my heart, that we are going to elect Governor Jo with such a mandate that we're gonna put her over the top on the first round, along with comfortable majorities in the House and Senate!

I've been fortunate to meet with people from all across the state, from Pittsburgh to Philly. And well, what I've seen has been nothing short of enthusiasm for Governor Jo and her progressive policies.

I know they're going to vote, but we need more than a big first showing for Governor Jo. No, we need an outright win today, to send a message against the lawlessness against the Southern Governor and his enablers. And Governor Jo will tell you, before a single call has been made, that she will honor the results of this election regardless of the outcome, whether that means she wins, loses, or we all gotta turn out again for her in the next week.

And I cannot emphasize enough just how important this is. Those of us watching international news witnessed the actions of a failed campaign that refused to acknowledge the results of a fair and free election. This "Big Lie" that this campaign propagated led to needless death and destruction. We saw that. We lived through it. And speaking for myself, the events of January 6th renewed my appreciation for a functioning government that operates on the Constitution - not the actions of an angry mob.

A vote for Governor Jo and Labor downballot is a vote for democracy and the preservation of our institutions. A vote for Labor is a vote against the unhinged radicalism currently embodied by the Southern Governor. A vote for Labor is a vote for free and fair elections and that old Atlasian tradition and dignity in accepting a fair loss.

Here in Philly is where our nation's original Constitution was drafted. It is where the Thirteen Colonies declared their independence. It is this city and its heritage which understands this so well.

So get out, register while you still can, and let's deliver a decisive victory FOR democracy and AGAINST lawlessness!

Thank you, Philly! Dave bless you, Dave bless the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and may Dave always bless the Republic of Atlasia and all it stands for!!!

1. https://www.philafound.org/
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #589 on: June 23, 2021, 01:07:50 AM »

Allentown, Pennsylvania1

Hello, ALLENTOWN!

[audience cheers]

I think I know why you're happy today!

[audience roars]

Yes, yes! Ladies and gentlemen, we have one of your very own in the back tonight. I know her simply as Jo, but you might know her as Governor "Allentown Jo" Bakersfield!

[audience roars even louder]

I gotta say, folks, it's been a little lonely campaigning across the Keystone State, but you'll rarely find better company than Governor Jo. She's been with Labor every step of the way in advancing our policies. She's been a soldier in the fight against COVID-19, for vaccinations and for workers. And now, she is a fighter for fair and free democracy.

Like millions of Atlasians across the nation, she's ready to move on from last weekend's nasty election and focus on Pennsylvania. Governor Jo never forgot her roots or the people who sent her to Harrisburg. She's dealt with budgetary restraints in a way that has kept her reputation as an excellent leader for the state.

Sadly, all we know about the opposition is two things: one, that even on the first day of the state elections, neither of them have introduced a viable alternative to Governor Jo. And two, only one one of the largest parties has acknowledged the winner of the election. It astounds me that certain individuals refuse to acknowledge the result, when we all know firsthand what happens when one candidate or party refuses to acknowledge defeat.

It depletes confidence in our election system. It paths the way to violence and to mob rule. It is the stuff of strongmen dictators.

But while it is true that certain party leaders have refused to acknowledge President-elect Sev's victory, this is not true of all people who supported LT. And that is why I am making a direct appeal to voters of all parties, who at the very least are entitled to leadership that governs on law and order, and not mob rule.

Now Governor Jo will be speaking to you all very soon, but first I'd like to introduce you to Dr. Frank Bishop, our candidate for House, and Ms. Sandy Goldfield, our candidate for Senate. Both are running against Federalist incumbents this month, and it is they who will expand our majorities at the capital when you give Governor Jo a sweeping round one victory today!

Pennsylvania, it is time to once again roll up our sleeves, register, and head to the polls. While a first-round lead for our candidates is very promising, let's give her a majority in round one for what will hopefully be a preview of the upcoming state contests this month.

I believe in you, Allentown. Dr. Bishop believes in you. Ms. Goldfield believes in you.

And now, without further ado, GOVERNOR JO BAKERSFIELD!

1. https://uncoveringpa.com/things-to-do-in-allentown-pa
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #590 on: June 23, 2021, 02:31:43 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2021, 05:17:14 PM by Senator-elect Scott🦋 »

Scranton, Pennsylvania1

Good afternoon to Scranton: the Electric City, home of, well, another president whose opponent had some problems conceding and respecting the will of the voters!

So here we are on day three since the election, and the Southern governor still refuses to concede, sporting "President-elect" before his name and now accusing moderator YE of "mod trickery" for not giving him special treatment. You know folks, it's really sad that this is what we've come to. The non-President-elect's insistence that he won an election that he did not. The arrogance of this individual can only appropriately be described as Trumpian. And we are fortunate to have averted his presidency, and we're certainly fortunate that he is not in the White House today.

We are a democracy, not a dictatorship. We govern on the rule of law, not on the ambitions of any one individual. So what do you say we all tell Louisville Thunder to pack it up and head back to Kentucky?

[audience cheers in affirmation]

The refusal of his party and of the Democratic Alliance to publicly acknowledge President-elect Sev's victory is counterproductive to a functioning democracy. I am speaking, of course, not of the voters themselves - many of whom regret their vote for LT because of his actions - but of the party establishments.

So to my friends in the Federalist Party and the Democratic Alliance: if you voted for Mr. LT last weekend, and have come to regret that vote, I hope you will join us in sending a message today against those who are trying to wrestle control from Governor Jo and our representatives and senators in Harrisburg, and against those who refuse to accept the election results for what they are.

And, as I have stated before, Governor Jo has pledged to accept the outcome of tonight's results regardless of what they are: win, lose, or a runoff. But I think we really ought to put her over the 50% mark today, so that the people of Pennsylvania can firmly and unambiguously express their opposition to the lawlessness we are seeing from Governor LT.

The candidates I have with me today are Mayor Hunter "Corn Pop" Schneider, who is running to be your next state senator. Also with me is Scranton councilwoman Wendy Hughes, who is running for State House.

Both have ran in, and lost, close elections in their careers before. It is a very humbling experience. But we only have a game, we only have a country, when people who lose elections acknowledge their loss and then move on to make change elsewhere, as Mayor Schneider and Councilmember Hughes have done.

I can confidently say that a vote for Labor is a vote to preserve our democratic institutions. So whether you are in the Labor Party, Federalist Party, Democratic Alliance, Liberal Party, Peace Party, and every meme party in between, I implore you to turn out and register your dissatisfaction with this betrayal against the voters.

But time is running short! To the people of Scranton and the people of Pennsylvania, get registered and VOTE!

And to Louisville Thunder: CONCEDE!

Thank you, Scranton! And I'd like to introduce our candidate for Senate, your mayor, Hunter "Corn Pop" Schneider!

1. https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/21/politics/scranton-street-name-biden-trnd/index.html
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #591 on: June 24, 2021, 04:16:43 PM »

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii1
drive-in mega-rally, social distancing enforced in non-vaccinated section - livestreamed on HI Labor Website

Aloha, Kailua-Kona!

It's great to be here speaking to you all, from here on the Big Island. Kailua-Kona plays an important role in the history of this great state. It was established by King Kamehameha I to be his seat of government when he was chief of Kona before he consolidated rule of the archipelago in 1795. It was later designated as the capital of the newly unified Kingdom of Hawaiʻi. The capital was later moved to Lāhainā, and then to Honolulu.

This town functioned as a retreat of the Hawaiian royal family, as well as place where Hawaiian culture became fully unified.2

Its role in making Hawaii what it is today is enormous, and we would be remiss to neglect that history. However, the news out of Honolulu has been troubling, as your state senator, Laura Baker, has led a fringe group of rogue senators trying to obtain independence for Hawaii.

It has long been the position of Frémont Labor to allow home rule, not just for Hawaii but all our constituent states, while at the same time maintaining that the union is mutually beneficial to Hawaii, to Frémont, and indeed, the Republic of Atlasia. That has never changed, and under Governor Abercrombie, it never will.

But individuals like Senator Baker ran on the promise of supporting social progress, environmental preservation, and economic growth. She did not run on her personal pet projects, nor did any of the other senators who followed her lead out of the party. Senator Baker wants people to exercise their protest against our great union by abstaining from the election entirely. I must say, I find it rather ironic that Senator Baker expects to obtain her goals by having people sit out the election. Elections, after all, are what decides the fate of these states!

Senator Baker is truly a rebel without a cause, or even a clue! And the woman who will succeed her, State Representative Leilani Nishihara, is running as a staunch defender of both our union, as well as Hawaii's rich traditions and culture.

Labor is the only party that has a serious plan, and once these rogue senators are tossed out on the 30th, Governor Abercrombie will emerge with a commanding majority in the House and Senate, and be able to focus on the real issues facing Hawaiians today - particularly, climate change.

I have no doubt that it is a reflection of the rogue senators themselves, and not on the people of Hawaii, that they would prioritize futile secession efforts over the long-term stability of the state they so claim to love and represent. The people of Hawaii know better than to fall for such disgraceful publicity stunts. Representative Nishihara reflects your values, Governor Abercrombie reflects your values, First Minister Truman reflects your values, and President-elect Sev reflects your values.

We will always defend the interests of Hawaii. And while we will not impede on home rule, neither will we let attention-seekers like Senator Baker and others lead you astray.

A vote for Labor is a vote for a return to sanity in Honolulu. And so it is imperative that you exercise your right to vote, and cast out the purveyors of this nonsensical vanity movement.

To ensure that as many people turn out as possible, we have recruited volunteers to get you all registered in time for Election Day. A vote for Governor Abercrombie and the Labor Party is a vote for stability, rather than uncertainty. A vote for Labor is a vote for Hawaii, not just the privileged few who want the limelight all for themselves.

And a vote for Labor is a vote for keeping our islands above water. That, after all, is the existential threat facing Hawaii today. That is what will restore confidence in a government that is unanimous in its support for Hawaii's best interests.

I will now pass the mic to Representative Nishihara, and her plans to help unify Hawaii at the side of Governor Abercrombie.

Thank you for having me, Kona! And remember to get out, vote, and elect people with records of accomplishment - not those who put the people of Hawaii second to their time in the local and national news.

And now, Representative Nishihara, come on up!

1. https://www.hawaiimagazine.com/how-to-wander-kailua-konas-alii-drive-on-the-big-island/
2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kailua-Kona,_Hawaii#History
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #592 on: June 25, 2021, 11:46:49 PM »

Ad: A Lie Far, Far Away
To air in Nebraska, New Mexico, and Hawaii

[Yellow text roles over a black background, while a softer, more playful version of the "Star Wars" theme song plays. A reader narrates.]

Long ago, in a state far, far away, the Democratic Alliance ran on protecting Alaska's Permanent Fund by running on an anti-environmental platform.

[The text folds into disappearance, followed by a clip from a past radio ad with the following poster on the screen:]

Alaska Radio Ad in Markets Listed Below

Quote from: Blue Collar Male Narrator
Alaska is one of the most beautiful, greenest states in Atlasia. Just look around us.

Don't let the Green Party tell you it isn't. They decided to team up with Labour. Did you know Labour's platform includes a provision that calls for the nationalization of our energy companies? The very same companies that are the lifeblood for all Alaskans and the PFD*. Don't let the Greens and Labour take money out of your pocket. Vote Democratic Alliance!

* = Permanent Fund Dividend. Alaskans know it as the PFD, an annual check from an investment fund where a portion of Alaska oil revenues go.

[Return to first screen, sans music and scrolling]

And now, the Democratic Alliance wants you to think it never happened.

A couple days ago Scott came to Omaha and said, among other things, that the DA is “continuing to run on falsehoods here in just about every campaign since their infamous Alaska campaign.”

Well I have to ask the Senator, what campaign? The one where you made up in your head that we said you were gutting the Permanent Fund? I ask you to look through a word of what I said up there and you’ll find that what I talked about never touched it. I campaigned on many things up there. Civility. Green tourism. Green energy.

[The clip of the speech rewinds]

we said you were gutting the Permanent Fund?

said you were gutting the Permanent Fund?

gutting the Permanent Fund?

[Return to the main screen]

So what DID the Democratic Alliance campaign on again, Weatherboy?

This month, hold the Democratic Alliance accountable. Vote against the dishonesty. Vote Labor.

[This ad paid for by the Labor Governors Association.]
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #593 on: June 26, 2021, 04:20:54 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2021, 06:24:04 PM by Senator-elect Scott🦋 »

St. Augustine, Florida1

Hello, St. Augustine!

Well, it's great to be back! I must say, flying back from Hawaii to Florida, this campaign has definitely felt like a vacation to me. And our new government swears in less than a week, so I'm soaking in those rays and getting tanned and rested in time for what's bound to be a tumultuous, historic, defining time for our country!

Folks, the election date may have been extended, but the 30th is rapidly approaching. And I don't mince words when I say this is a turnout contest. We need people to vote. That's why I've brought along volunteers from Flagler College to set up booths to get you all registered. We need young people. We need seniors. We need people of all races and heritages. With a coalition like that, we will be unstoppable. And that is the coalition that will reelect Governor Chávez and send him back to Tallahassee with a mandate.

Under Governor Chávez, a friendly statehouse, President-elect Sev, and a de facto Labor coalition Senate, Florida will never sink. And while I give individuals in the opposition credit for supporting the same proposals - including, yes, the Democratic Alliance - I believe that is a clear testament to what Floridians prioritize most. That is the rising sea levels, which threaten our coastal cities. That is clean water. That is personal security as well as job security.

These are issues where the Governor has forged common ground and consensus in a politically polarized state. Governor Chávez is a unifier. He is an honest man who embodies the grit and the integrity we so value in a politician.

And so do the two people seated behind me: St. Augustine Councilmember Natalie Cruz, who is running for Senate, and local environmental activist Tish Brat, who is running for House. These two women represent Florida at its best, and they, like Governor Chávez, understand the urgency of addressing climate change.

But their districts are very competitive! And that is why we need we many voters as we can get to head to the polls on the 30th and elect them as reinforcement for Governor Chávez's agenda and policies.

They will always put St. Augustine first and listen to their constituents. That is how Governor Chávez leads. That is how Governor Santos in New Mexico leads. That is how Labor leads.

So if you do one thing after this rally today, St. Augustine, come on up and register if you haven't! I already see lines forming around the booths we have set up.

Folks, we are going to win and win big. But we take no election for granted, nor should you.

I will now introduce our next speaker, Councilmember Cruz.

Thank you, Florida! I love ya!

1. https://www.hotels.com/go/usa/things-to-do-st-augustine
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #594 on: June 26, 2021, 09:52:27 PM »

Orlando, Florida1

HELLO, ORLANDO!

I gotta say, folks, what a city! It truly is unlike anywhere else in Atlasia. And I must say, Walt Disney knew what he was doing. He had a vision, and that transformed the entire culture of this city. Mr. Disney is a perfect example of Atlasian exceptionalism, and the effort he and others put into this dream is remarkable.

But let's get to the brass tacks. Folks, you got a great leader in Governor Chávez. He's managed to clean up the state in both a physical and political sense. He, like every Southern and every Lincoln governor, is under the burden of funding state services while keeping taxes low. I don't mince words when I say that triple taxation must end. That is what I believe. And that is what Governor Chávez believes.

And that is one issue I think we all ought to be unified on, and demand tax reform from Nashville. The hardworking people of Florida should not have to live under the burden of triple taxation.

But in spite of this, Florida's economy has improved. The Governor's "Florida Doesn't Sink" program has resulted in millions getting vaccinate. And let me tell you, folks, it works. Nearly all COVID deaths are among the unvaccinated.

So with that, I think it's very clear that Florida ought to steer the course. Governor Chávez knows this state, and as a consensus-builder he has brought great change to this state, in revitalizing our economy, re-opening businesses in a responsible manner, and of course, getting as many people vaccinated as possible.

That, and environment conservation, are the main focuses of "Florida Doesn't Sink". And it works. We are breaking records in vaccination numbers and cutting emissions. It is remarkable how Governor Chávez has been able to unite people in all parties, and that is why I'm glad to have him here to speak to you all!

[audience cheers]

This is a defining moment for the state and country, as we emerge from this terrible pandemic and return to a state of normalcy. No doubt that faith in leadership was tested over the past year, and Governor Chávez is meeting or exceeding his own goals for the state.

And now, it is my honor to introduce the man himself, who is focused on the long-term prospects for Florida as he is now. I gotta tell you people, the man never sleeps! And I was so happy to receive a call from him to help campaign in Orlando on his behalf.

Ladies and gentlemen, your governor, Mr. Fidel Chávez!!

1. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/north-america/united-states/florida/orlando/articles/orlando-travel-guide/
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #595 on: June 27, 2021, 05:41:36 AM »
« Edited: June 27, 2021, 06:06:09 AM by Senator-elect Scott🦋 »

Lincoln, Nebraska1

Well folks, I kept my word to ya. And seated behind me is one superb governor who understands the needs of the state and the people who sent him here.

I am so glad to finally be here in the city of Lincoln!

You know, Governor Nelson and I, as you've been told, do not always see eye-to-eye. But we share a very similar vision for the state and the country: opportunities for all, special privileges for none, a generous welfare state that keeps Nebraska families afloat. And we have achieved these things through compromise and bipartisanship.

I am proud to say that I won Nebraska in last week's elections in a huge upset. We saw multiple voters split their ticket: LT voters who voted Labor downballot, and Sev voters who voted for conservative and non-Labor candidates for Senate.

Nebraska is, at heart, a conservative state. And while Labor acknowledges that compromise is necessary to win conservative states, our opponents in the "centrist" Democratic Alliance are running a candidate to Governor Nelson's left.

Folks, we know this is nothing more than naked opportunism. And it shows that they don't know Nebraska.

But the Labor Party does. Governor Nelson does. And so does the Liberal candidate for Lieutenant Governor, John Hughes. Here in Nebraska, we do things a little differently; we work on a multipartisan basis to bring great things to working families in this state.

I can confidently assure you all, despite the media buzz, that Labor is fully unified. Labor is why politics here in Lincoln isn't cutthroat or ineffective because of gridlock. Labor understands how to win by coalition-building.

And I have to say, if it weren't for Governor Nelson's hard work on my campaign, we never would have won this state. But our campaign did, because our values reflect those of small town Atlasia and what elitists on both the right and left dismiss as "flyover country".

I recently got off a long Discord conversation with Senator Yankee on how to manage this new experiment of a unicameral legislature. Senator Yankee is someone I have had great admiration for, and in multiple elections I have even endorsed his Senate campaigns, because his wisdom and experience are indispensable to any functioning legislative body.

I mean what I say that I will work with anyone in any party to move our country forward. I have a long record of passing progressive legislation with conservative support. And AtlasCare, which Liberal Senator Ishan wishes to expand, is a product of compromise. I'm proud to have worked with Senator Yankee on this legislation, as well as Justice PiT. We expanded freedom of choice and implemented reforms to keep private insurance in check.

During my time as First Minister, Frémont became the only region to abolish for-profit insurance and replace them with German-style sickness funds. We retained freedom of choice, while at the same time achieving universal healthcare through the AtlasCare program. Both Federalists and Laborites boast about creating AtlasCare. But folks, that is a testament to the value of reaching across the aisle.

We see the same thing here in the Cornhusker State, in the Capitol, where Representatives put their ideologies aside and elected who they thought would be the most competent and impartial Speaker. And no doubt our Federalist Speaker, a moderate who routinely works with our Labor majority, has played a huge role in de-toxifying politics in Lincoln.

That is why 54% of Nebraskans approve of the current administration. That is why Nebraskans want to stay the course.

And hopefully, we will see similar cooperation in the Atlasian Senate.

But even the Democratic Alliance has acknowledged Frémont's funding of local services. Governor Nelson has spent taxpayer dollars responsibly. And yes, he has cut regulations that made it harder for small farms to compete with the big factory farms. Removing barriers to entry is essential to any prospective business. The people know Bob Nelson. And Bob Nelson has always stood with farmers, the rural poor, and job growth in growing cities like Omaha. That's what matters.

In conclusion, the Labor record in Nebraska, and the civility in the State Capitol, proves that we're not against compromise or working across the aisle. I am proud of the Labor record in Nebraska. And so do over half of Nebraskans who want to see Governor Nelson and Lieutenant Governor-hopeful John Hughes build on what they started.

On the 30th, vote Labor up and down the ballot. Vote for the people who know Nebraska and not people who don't even understand Frémont's tax policy despite being a member of the State Senate! Elect Bob Nelson and John Hughes, and vote Labor downballot!

Thank you all so very much. And now, I would like to introduce our next speaker. The man who's stood with this state and changed politics for the benefit of the average citizen.

Lades and gentlemen, please give a big round of applause to your governor, Mr. Bob Nelson.

Thank you, Lincoln! May Dave bless this great state, and may Dave bless this great republic!

1. https://www.nebraskarealty.com/blog/post/lincoln-nebraska
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #596 on: June 28, 2021, 11:51:28 AM »
« Edited: June 28, 2021, 05:45:35 PM by Senator-elect Scott🦋 »

Key Biscayne, Florida1

Good afternoon.

First, I would like to express my deepest condolences, and my prayers, for the people of Miami this week, in light of the recent building collapse. I understand that both the Mayor and the Governor have been working diligently on searching for and identifying the people we've lost, and I wish both them, and the people and families who are affected, the absolute best as we continue to recover from this tragedy. To the audience out here, let us pause for a moment of silence.

Thank you.

Out of respect for the people of Miami, I have chose not to campaign there at this time. But I recently came across a great article in USA Today, about how this tragedy has unified the large Jewish community which inhabits the city. One Jewish nonprofit center has been helping the effort by handing out food, water, and clothing to the people who lost their homes and family members in the aftermath.

All of Miami has been emboldened by these recent events. But I wanted to speak to you today about an issue that is complex and uncomfortable, but nevertheless must be addressed.

In recent years, we have seen an unprecedented rise in antisemitic hate crimes, brought on by far-right wing extremism and what would appear to be, on certain segments of the left, an indifference to this epidemic or even the enabling of these attitudes and behaviors.

Much of the antisemitism on the left stems from conflict in the Middle East, and the illegal settlement building and mistreatment of Palestinians by the Israeli government. Make no mistake, we in the Labor Party find these actions reprehensible. They are a grave injustice to Palestinians and Arabs, both those living in Israel proper and those outside, and they are an impediment to peace. And pending the results of July's elections in Israel, I for one would like to make the first step in forging a new peace deal that will pave the way to Atlasia recognizing Palestinian statehood.

But regardless of its motives, we in Labor condemn antisemitism in all its forms, both from the left and the right. As socialists and social democrats, we value the humanity in all people, regardless of ethnicity, religion, nationality, and background.

The Jewish community plays a tremendous role in shaping the cultural identity of our country and this state. And we stand with them unconditionally in times of tragedy. And like many, I am moved by how the Jewish community has come together for their home city. That truly is Florida at its best.

But like the rest in Labor, I will not rest until antisemitism is cast into the dustbin of history.

With the loss of the Greatest Generation comes with the loss of those who remember the Holocaust, and the atrocities they witnessed and reported after liberating the Jewish people from Hitler's regime. And should we fail to learn from history, from how prejudice and intolerance leads us down the path to genocide, we can be assured that those atrocities can happen here or elsewhere.

I stand with the Jewish community, and in particular, Holocaust survivors and those who are descendants of Holocaust survivors, in saying, "Never again".

So as we combat racism and social injustice, let us combat all prejudice. And let us not let our disagreements with the Israeli government reflect on or motivate any animus towards the Jewish people as a whole, a great and diverse people who have endured great hardship throughout the history of their existence.

Labor stands for peace and justice for all Atlasians, and unlike certain foreign left-wing parties, we condemn antisemitism wherever it arises and promise never to let that define us in our causes.

Thank you, Key Biscayne. Dave bless you all, and Dave bless the city of Miami in these trying times.

1. https://luxlifemiamiblog.com/the-david-siddons-group-just-sold-460-n-mashta-dr-in-key-biscayne/
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #597 on: June 30, 2021, 10:52:20 PM »

Orlando, Florida

Good evening, Orlando!

This election, voters across the Sunshine State have a chance to send a message in this closely contested election. That in these troubled times, actions count over words. That true progress trumps vague platitudes. And perhaps most importantly, show confidence in the institutions of democracy that this nation was built upon, and that all good Atlasians hold sacrosanct.

There's been a lot of loud talk recently - ranging from alarming allegations (since thankfully withdrawn) that the presidential election was 'stolen', to character assassination against Labor officials
attempting to respond when opposition parties attempt to co-opt Labor's own accomplishments. But in these times, activity and an eye towards progress continue to be the defining traits of good government. And it is absolutely essential that Florida, one of Atlasia's largest, fastest-growing state sets the trend in a good way, and casts a vote of confidence in bold, progressive government that will protect Florida from poverty, systemic racism, and climate change - a government that will NOT let Florida sink!

Months ago, I came to this state and promised a New South, a new style of progressive governance that would lead all of Florida - not just the rich - into a prosperous future. And despite what detractors might say, Governor Chavez is delivering! With his signature Florida Doesn't Sink plan and various other initiatives, he's working tirelessly with legislature Laborites and local communities to fund education, invest in historically marginalized communities, and create climate change and renewable energy solutions to keep cities alight and afloat. But our fight isn't done yet. Folks, Florida needs another term of Governor Chavez! Florida needs another term of a governor, a government that is not afraid to act for the people of Florida! Under Governor Chavez, the Sunshine State has taken the fight to COVID and inequality and has turned from the Jim Crow policies of the past to a bright, prosperous future. Let's keep the momentum going and return Governor Chavez and a solid Labor majority to Tallahassee.

Thank you, Orlando! Don't forget to get to the polls and vote up and down the ballot for your Labor representatives. Now, I'd like to pass the mic to the man himself, your excellent Governor, Fidel Chavez!

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #598 on: August 14, 2021, 06:20:20 AM »
« Edited: August 14, 2021, 06:55:26 PM by Senator Scott, PPT »

St. Paul, Minnesota1
drive-in mega-rally, social distancing enforced in non-vaccinated section - livestreamed on MN Labor Website

Good morning, St. Paul!

As Labor's accomplishment under Governor Bayroom-Coons is yet to be reported by the GM, I am kicking off Labor's planned tour around the country in my first capacity as Local Elections Coordinator. Minnesota, you have always been good to me, and I'm proud to be representing this great state in the Senate. As Senate leader, I've led a divided Senate towards consensus after consensus on what is best for the Atlasian people. Trade is fundamentally one of those issues, as I have pursued initiatives for our nation to overhaul the tax code so that corporate profits cannot be hidden in tax havens. We're putting our workers first as the main drivers of our economy, and I've done my part as leader to enforce a new ideal: Atlasia first, but not Atlasia alone.

Setting a fair playing field will require a cooperative relationship with our trade partners and allies, and well over a hundred nations have recognized the need for a global overhaul, to mitigate the greed that leaves our nation poorer, and the needs of hardworking Minnesotans last.

And those hardworking Minnesotans includes no shortage of immigrants, particularly those of Muslim faith. It is one of the reasons why we need to empower our nation, one state at a time, to meet the challenges that China poses to the world stage. In July, the Senate invested in the resettlement of 150,000 refugees from countries where their lives and their families' safety might be in jeopardy. We have taken China's abuses to the world Muslim community head-on by strengthening our sanctions against goods produced by Uyghurs and other Muslim minorities who have suffered and been subject to indoctrination and numerous human rights abuses by the People's Republic of China.

It is my position that while the Second Korean War helped to reinforce Atlasian strength across the globe, our true strength lies in our values. Atlasia is at its strongest when we stand boldly for our principles, for human rights and for immigrants who come to enrich as well as assimilitate into our culture, by celebrating the rights that our constitution affords us. On that front, I will never quit to defend the Atlasian way of life and right to pursue happiness for both our native-born and our non-native born.

The great spirit of cooperation that inhabits this state - that great union between the farmer, the teacher, the blue-collar worker, the immigrant, our families, and our democratic values - meld as one uniquely Atlasian culture. Out-of-staters call it "Minnesota nice." Here in the Twin Cities and stretching throughout to our lakes and farms, it's just another Tuesday.

So I hope you will join us in this campaign, to reelect Labor and continue to respond to the needs of the people. As we eagerly anticipate the Game Moderator's first report, it is my hope and expectation that Minnesota receives a grade of good health. That includes vaccinations and our efforts in combating COVID-19 and the new Delta variant.

But I caution you, folks: we cannot mask or socially distance our way out of this pandemic. Fremont has had a spectacular rollout, and the number of fully vaccinated people only increases. Over 90% of patients hospitalized are the unvaccinated, even with the Delta variant.

And so I say let's stay the course. To quote the great Paul Wellstone, "We all do better when we all do better." This month, vote for Labor candidates up and down the ballot. Reelect Governor Bayroom-Coons with a mandate to continue our economic recovery, and elect senators who share your values. The party that does that, is the Labor Party.

Thank you, St. Paul, and thank you for being my first visit after so much time off the campaign trail! Dave bless you all!

1. https://www.visitsaintpaul.com/discover-saint-paul/neighborhoods/downtown/
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #599 on: August 14, 2021, 10:10:56 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2021, 10:15:34 PM by Senator Scott, PPT »

Hot Springs, Arkansas1
drive-in mega-rally, social distancing enforced in non-vaccinated section - livestreamed on AR Labor Website

A fine howdy to the good people of Arkansas!

You know, whether Mr. Peanut updates us or not, I fully intend on running a high-speed campaign throughout the nation for Labor. While we bemoan the decline of the Peace Party, and all it has contributed in the last four years, we celebrate a new beginning.

We in the Labor Party welcome Governor Chapman. And we also don't suppose things that were not originally reported as my good friend, Senator Cao has in this state today. GM Peanut has simply not released a full report on the administrations of each of our states up this month! But I am here to officially welcome Governor Chapman into our party, and to officially kick off Labor's campaign in Arkansas.

While we have yet to learn of the progress this state has made since Governor Chapman took office, he informs me that things have been moving well in a polarized state. With the Peace and Labor parties now fully unified, we can take this state in a radically new direction from that of the government in Nashville.

And folks, while we don't have all the information yet, I can tell you what we do know: that the current Southern Governor, Louisville Thunder, has gone rogue by delaying the process in his trial currently pending before a jury. While that mess is all sorted out, I'd like to remind the people of Arkansas that people like Buck Chapman are keeping this corrupt governor in check. His actions have been bad for the South, bad for Arkansas, indeed, bad for the country and the game.

I repeat: we need a check on the government in Nashville, so long as the Southern people are being led astray by this rogue governor. I don't need the GM to tell you folks that doxxing is wrong, and that Governor Chapman is fully opposed to it. I don't need the GM to tell you all that giving the Federalist Party a mandate, by ousting Governor Chapman and installing a puppet of the regional administration, is the wrong move at this time.

We are, however, in the midst of an economic recovery under the leadership of President Sev and the Senate. Labor proposals to strengthen our country have passed, often with overwhelming support from the other parties, and I am fully confident in the governor's competence and even-handed approach in Arkansas. This is the same leadership I try to replicate in my role as Senate leader. This is the same type of leadership Labor advocates for everybody.

It is such an honor to be here with the governor, and with two of our candidates on the stage: Senator David Chamberlain and Representative Maddie Bost. Both are former Peace members who have since joined the maroon team. And they are both seeking reelection in their competitive districts this fall.

Make no mistake: Labor is the party of peace. Not under the two years of Labor leadership has our country been at war. Instead, we have been building coalitions abroad and keeping our people afloat at home. We stand for Atlasia first, but not Atlasia alone.

We also stand against corruption in all its forms. We stand against doxxing fellow Atlasians, as the Southern Governor has done. We stand against the politics and the types of division he has sowed for the people of the South. We stand against liars, con artists, and people who are fundamentally threatening to Atlasian society, regardless of party and regardless of the office they occupy.

I am telling you, Arkansas, that the choice this month could not be more clear! Elect a lackey for corrupt regional leadership in Nashville, or stand with Buck Chapman. Take a stand FOR good government and FOR Arkansas values!

The question standing before Arkansas today could not be clearer: do you elect a party backbencher in Jay Hammersmith, or do you reelect a governor who stands for all of Arkansas? For what it's worth, I can assure you that Buck Chapman will accept the results of this election, whether he wins or loses. He will not cross his arms, smear, and attempt to deny the opposition of a victory in the way that Louisville Thunder tried to do!

Thank you, Arkansas, and Dave bless all of you!

1. https://redoakridge.com/hot-springs-profile-spa-heaven-so-much-more/
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies