Labor NPC Campaigns thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:40:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor NPC Campaigns thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 25
Author Topic: Labor NPC Campaigns thread  (Read 24951 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: May 04, 2021, 08:43:41 AM »
« edited: May 06, 2021, 04:45:51 PM by KaiserDave »

Vermont is LABOR Country: Burlington

Friends, comrades! I could not be happier to be back home in Vermont! Happier still to be campaigning in this land, which is truly connected to the soul of this nation. In fewer places that we would like can one man sell something he grew from the ground to another man, without the obstruction and machinations of the monopoly power. In is the spirit of honoring Vermont's agrarian traditions, and traditions of commerce, that I denounce the current Federalist Administration.

In their pursuit of so called "pro business" policies, they undermine and betray the farmers and small businesspeople they claim to protect. With their tax giveaways and incentives, they are rolling out the red carpet for the monopoly power. Already we are seeing the growth of big business investment, which indeed has provided prosperity for many, it cannot be denied. But this is just the beginning, in time Vermont's small businesses and small farmers will lose greater and greater shares of the market to the aggressive force of big business. Vermonters try and get by yes, they try and make a profit absolutely, but there is a communitarian spirit here. A neighborly one. We've seen it with COVID-19, as everyone stood together to protect their neighbors and the most vulnerable. It is a beautiful spirit.

But the outside big businesses that the current administration has rolled out the red carpet for, do not have that spirit. They have the spirit of profit margins and resource extraction, which will have dire consequences for our state. And it's not just big business that the current Governor is rolling out the red carpet for, but also COVID-19, with her selfish and strange rejection of basic protective measures in government building. It is truly time to move on! Move on from a tax code that benefits the well connected out of state businesses to one that benefits those who live on and work the land in Vermont, move on from an administration that does not share the communitarian spirit of the people.

The party of Vermont is the party of LABOR! So on election day, vote maroon up and down the ballot, and we shall have a great Vermont!

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #401 on: May 05, 2021, 12:06:43 AM »

Jackson, Wyoming1
socially-distanced event, livestreamed on WY Labor Website

My friends, it is a high personal honor and privilege to be with you all in my favorite city in my favorite state: my home, Jackson, to be accompanied by my friend, your governor, Wynona Thomas.

Let's all give her a big round of applause for being with us today to kick off her reelection campaign, to capitalize on all the progress made since last year with a phenomenal legislature.

True to our word, Wyoming Labor has kept your interests at heart. We've made great strides in making COVID-19 vaccines universal and accessible to all corners of the state, no matter how sparsely populated. From Nyman to Denver to Cheyenne, Labor has distributed these to all cities big and small, and cooperated with reservations to serve our Native people.

We have diversified our state economy so that it is not dependent solely on non-renewables, and put the state on track to transitioning to a green economy both through investments in innovation and retraining. Blue collar unions, including those that work with non-renewable energy such as fossil fuels, have endorsed Labor's energy plans, including our plans to retrain workers and transition them to jobs that let them utilize the same technical skills they acquired working on the coal fields.

It's great rural states like Wyoming, like Montana, like North Dakota, like South Dakota, and throughout Frémont, that can attest to Labor's record of promoting tech innovation and green energy to bring new jobs to economies centered around one or a few select industries. Young people will only stay if we promise them opportunity, and the freedom to pursue a livelihood here at home.

Economies that keep families together, particularly those in the "sandwich generation", who carry the weight of breadwinners, parents, and caretakers for their aging parents.

The great state of Iowa recently elected a new government that is going to take its state in a vastly new direction than the Federalists did, as voters recognized what was at stake in that election and understood which party had their interests at heart.

Labor has proven itself time and time again in Frémont. We expanded job opportunities. We improved infrastructure and public transportation, which people are taking advantage of as our way of life begins moving back to the pre-pandemic normal. We protected your freedom of speech and right to bear arms. We've delivered on responsible sex education as part of our effort to reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies and abortions.

I am so proud to be a Frémonter, and I am proud to live in a state where communities aid and depend on each other in a state where self-reliance is not only a staple, but often a necessity for survival on such rugged terrain and vast landscapes.

I'm calling on you, Wyoming! Reelecting Wynona Thomas and send her back to Cheyenne with a heavy mandate in the legislature!

Thank you, Jackson! I look very much forward to seeing you all again soon!

1. https://www.papercitymag.com/culture/jackson-hole-billionaires-wyoming-guide-hotel-finds-best-restaurants-yellowstone/
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #402 on: May 05, 2021, 01:07:15 AM »
« Edited: May 05, 2021, 01:20:10 AM by Speak No Evil for one month »

Salt Lake City, Utah1
socially-distanced event, livestreamed on UT Labor Website

Hello, Salt Lake City!

I cannot express how fortunate I am to be here to speak with you all today at the State Capitol alongside my cousin, your governor of this great state, Eric Udall!!

I would tell you all that, as someone who's known Eric from such a young age, I can very much attest to his work ethic and leadership. From president of his high school graduating class to one who graduated at the top of his class at Brigham Young, Eric has always had that can-do attitude that defines great leadership. And since late last year, the people of Utah have seen the values that are commonly instilled by their families reflected in their governor and leadership here at the Capitol.

No doubt that family plays such a valued role in public life here in Utah. It's a trait we're used to seeing that spreads from the Rockies all the way to the Midwest, but the people of Utah are bound by a unique history and a particularly strong sense of community. Utah has sometimes been called Atlasia's last vestige of the 1950's, in no small part because church attendance and civic engagement are still highly valued.

Utah has been one of the most welcoming states to refugees and immigrants, because in those people, many Utahns see their ancestors who worked so hard to flee religious persecution and build this great state. It is simply a testament to the state's culture that no human being be left behind, regardless of where they're from or what they believe.

And in what might be the most trying time of our nation's history, Utahns continue to demonstrate their devotion to their family, state, and community. I would be remiss to ignore the role of the LDS Church in particular, and President Russell Nelson's efforts to coordinate distribution of mutual humanitarian aid throughout the state.

And now as we begin to look forward and return to pre-pandemic normalcy, we look at what opportunities lie ahead. Utah is blessed with its scenic routes and parks, its canyons and mountains, its ski resorts here up north, and what many consider to be the crown jewel of the state, the Great Salt Lake.

All these things make Utah to be one of the top tourist destinations in the country, regardless of season. And now that the state is rapidly reopening, the upcoming summer will bring a new influx of jobs in the hospitality and parks sector that were lost in the pandemic.

Eric was thrilled when I, as your senator, introduced legislation to revive the Civilian Conservation Corps, as a way of jump-starting our economy by providing thousands of living wage jobs and keeping our environment clean and safe. Particularly in Frémont, where forest fires are becoming ever-more common due to climate change, it is incumbent upon us to elect stewards of our public lands.

When private industry used the pandemic to tempt the government here and in Denver to lease our parks for development, your Labor executives and legislators both stepped up and said no, Utah is not for sale. And so long as a robust Labor government continues to work for the people in the Capitol behind me, the people of this great state have an ally.

Utah will remain one of the best states in the country to raise a family and start a business. Our neighborhoods will remain safe. Schools will continue to be fully funded and educate model citizens. Immigrants who follow the law and contribute to society will always be welcome. Religious liberty will always be defended.

You can count on seeing me again very soon, Utah. And now I'm going to step aside and hand the mic over to my cousin, Governor Eric Udall!

1. https://kslnewsradio.com/1940218/uhp-prepares-for-more-protests-at-utah-state-capitol/ (Credit: Paul Nelson)
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #403 on: May 05, 2021, 07:29:25 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2021, 04:44:33 AM by Speak No Evil for one month »

Billings, Montana
socially-distanced event, livestreamed on MT Labor Website

Hello, Billings! It's great to have the opportunity to visit this state, and to campaign with so many candidates for legislature in addition to helping reelect Governor Fudrucker. I truly am biased when it comes to the Mountain West, and I feel like these states have forged an identity of their own in this great country of ours.

There is a certain neighborly atmosphere in so many of our towns and cities that can only be outmatched by the Midwest. And indeed, it is appropriate that we share territory with our nation's bread basket, extending all the way to Iowa and Minnesota.

It is also essential to our economy. Family farms took heavy hits in this pandemic and many were forced to shut down. We also learned about the reprehensible health and safety violations in a South Dakota meat plant.

In an environment where family farms are forced to close while factory farms get away with murder and literal animal abuse. To our farmers and small business people in agriculture, I will say that you know you could never afford to pay for these OSHA violations and remain in business. Your own water quality is at the mercy of corporations and factory farms which pollute our lakes.

Alas, the Big Ag lobby in Helena is very powerful, and without a united government, these corporations cannot be put in check.

Labor is, and has always been, the party of small farmers and ranchers.

We extended subsidies in the 2019 farm bill by investing more than $10 million in subsidies to small farmers.

We look after our rural communities and invest in them so that they may be viable in an industrialized nation.

We don't give special breaks to Big Ag, and we resist any attempt to deregulate or lax our health and safety standards, or only to selectively prosecute small farmers while shielding the big players who are guilty of animal abuse, exploitation, and environmental destruction,.

Small farmers have a partner in Governor Fudrucker, and we need to return him to the capitol with a firm mandate against this lobbying. Dr. Anthony Hall, who is going to be speaking next, will explain Labor's plan against corruption and corporate favoritism. He is currently running in the Senate against one of the most outspoken supporters of Big Ag.

Next to him is Nancy Briggs, a local librarian who grew up in a farming household and is currently running to be your next representative in the House.

Before I pass the mic over to Dr. Hall, I want to once again thank the great people of Montana for affording me the opportunity to speak to you all today. Dave bless you, Billings. Dave bless Montana.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #404 on: May 05, 2021, 10:03:17 PM »
« Edited: May 06, 2021, 04:45:43 PM by KaiserDave »

Vermont is LABOR Country: Essex

Friends! Comrades! It brings me the greatest pleasure to be back in Vermont, and believe me I plan on spending a lot of time in my dear home. Nothing brings me more pleasure than being among the maples and the pines, and appreciating the good sense and community spirit of the people of the state. I must say I helped myself to some maple sugar candies for I speak today, and I look forward to enjoying more of those in my future stops.

Folks I have been very busy these days, working with the legislators to change this region. And we have. We have folks. With your hold we consigned the Philly Plan to the dustbin of history. It did not serve the people. That is the essence to everything Labor does in government. Serve the people. The Philly Plan didn't serve the people. It was ineffective, it resulted in mass abdication of responsibility, and bureaucratic incompetence. And everybody knew it! So myself and the Labor Party led the charge to toss it! Even over the obstructions of one in our party we did away with it because the Philly Plan did not serve the people.

There is someone else who doesn't serve the people. Joanne Campbell. She is not serving the people. She has acted selfishly, highly selfishly with her disregard of basic COVID-19 protocols. Her actions in refusing to implement basic protocols in government buildings have shown her disregard for her constituents and particularly for those who try to serve the public every day! Out here in Vermont people are showing a deep sense of compassion with their vigilance against the virus. And with vaccines emerging, we are heading towards a brighter tomorrow. But Governor Campbell is more focused on her aimless crusade against sensible measures than on serving the people. She does not deserve the votes of Vermonters

The record of the Labor Party is clear. Millions of green union jobs nationwide, leading the fight against COVID-19, and in Lincoln, I have personally signed two bills on schools. One opening them with sensible protections, and one establish better, fairer hours for students and teachers that will improve our schools. The Labor agenda in Vermont is distinctly different from the selfish and destructive agenda of Governor Campbell. It is an agenda that serves the people, and that is the agenda of myself, and that is the agenda of my party.

Thank you Essex, and thank you Vermont. See you all again very soon!

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #405 on: May 06, 2021, 09:58:28 AM »
« Edited: May 06, 2021, 04:45:38 PM by KaiserDave »

Vermont is LABOR Country: Brattleboro

Friends! Comrades! I am pleased to be on the third tour of the great state of Vermont! As I have said in all of my stops in these great states, it brings me the highest joy to tour this state, more then I ever receive in the legislative work of government. But folks it is work that must be done for the good of the people, and it is work I carry out wholeheartedly. In the last Council, and thankfully indeed it was the last council! I signed bills to promote the well being of all Lincolnites. I signed bills to open the schools, I signed bills to open these schools with better, fairer hours, and I signed bills to roll back extremely excessive regulations on basic firearm ownership. This measures may have been opposed by the single Labor Councillor, but they were the right thing to do. I assure you ladies and gentlemen, the candidates of the Labor slate are in line with this school of thought, my school of thought, that Labor is the party of the people, and you my friends are the people.

The Federalist Party has long claimed to be the party most in tune with the values of the people of Vermont. But this my friends, is a fiction. I will tour this state aggressively to prove this fact. In my tours I have spoken to those employed by federal programs initiated by my party, I have spoken to families who have greatly benefited from the social safety net built and refined by the Labor Party, and I have spoken to many who continue to be outraged by the inane proposals of Federalist politicians in Nyman to cut taxes for the super rich, and many more outraged when right politicians here in Lincoln tried to do the same. But Labor was on the front lines of the fight, shoulder to shoulder with the people of Vermont.

The values of compassion, community, and respect that have been practiced and upheld by Vermonters for generation, these values friends are thoroughly my own. But they were rejected by the callousness of Governor Campbell with her flagrant disregard for basic COVID-19 protective measures. And she continues to side with right wing politicians when they try and cut taxes, even when it is singularly the taxes of the wealthy. She is not on the side of the communities of Vermont, and if she is re-elected she will continue her complete inability to serve the people.

This can only change with a vote for Labor. So my friends, when you go to the polls vote maroon up and down the ballot. If you are planning on voting Liberal or for the DA, rank Labor second, if you want to vote Labor, I ask you to rank the Liberals or DA second. We must do everything to remove Governor Campbell from office, and return power to the people of Vermont.

Thank you friends! The trail continues!

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #406 on: May 06, 2021, 11:10:32 AM »

Lubbock, Texas
socially-distanced, masks-mandatory event, livestreamed on TX Labor website

Howdy, Lubbock! It's a pleasure to be back in the great state of Texas with former Vice President Scott and your excellent Governor, Ramsey Bryant!

A lot has changed since our rousing, people-powered victory last October, and not necessarily for the better. While Governor Bryant and your Labor representatives have been working hard in Austin to deliver on our bold plans for the future of the Lone Star State, obstructionist Rich Man Federalists have stood in the way at nearly every turn! And, their selfish bill-blocking knows no bounds. When we tried to respond to the Energy Crisis that took over a hundred lives and left thousands more Texans out in the cold, they chose to handicap our response instead of coming together with us to work towards fixing Texas's broken energy infrastructure. Last cycle, we warned Texas that a comprehensive upgrade to renewable energy was needed - and instead of heeding it, Federalists did the exact opposite. And if you re-elect them to the state legislature, they will obstruct and obstruct until the next dozen energy crises pass. Regular working Texans who don't have swanky mansions with personal power generators cannot afford this delay!

Last October, we made a promise to Texas - that if y'all elected a Labor government, that the state's energy grid would be entirely revamped. And, while we've been blocked at every turn by an obstructionist Rich Man Federalist legislature, that promise still stands. We will expand clean energy, like solar and wind power, across the state, bringing thousands of well-paying, sustainable jobs to rural Texas. We will research nuclear power and unlock the power of the atom to keep millions of Texan homes alight. We will comprehensively evaluate and upgrade the struggling Texan power grid, and work with local energy companies and neighboring states to ensure that even the most intense winter storm cannot leave millions of Texan households freezing in the cold. And, most importantly, we'll do all this while putting the people of Texas first - we'll invest in job retraining programs and ensure that former fossil fuel workers are first in line for new local energy jobs, and we will prioritize protecting the poor and the homeless from increasingly volatile weather cycles. This winter showed us that climate change, and critical problems within ERCOT, can no longer be ignored - so, let's not elect a state government and a Governor that will be content to fiddle as Texas freezes! Let's re-elect Governor Bryant and elect a strong Labor majority to the statehouse, and give us an overwhelming mandate to pursue the reforms that the Texan energy industry desperately needs!

Thank you, Lubbock! Once again, it's great to be back in Texas. And now, I'd like to introduce a good friend of mine and one of Atlasia's boldest advocates for the little guy - former Vice President Scott!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #407 on: May 06, 2021, 12:18:23 PM »

Plainview, Texas

Good morning, Plainview!

There's no way to sugarcoat it - North Texas has been struggling. Jobs have been leaving - just recently, Plainview lost over two thousand jobs when Cargill jumped town when drought decimated the farming industry. And, these problems will only worsen - the Ogallala Aquifer, a lifeline for North Texas farmers since the inception of settlement here, is running dry, and if action is not taken thousands of households will be left without water, whether to plant crops or to drink. This is a catastrophe in the making, and it is past time for Austin to take action.

Labor's plan for North Texas is twofold - bring in jobs and energy independence through renewable energy expansion, and provide immediate assistance to increase environmental sustainability and maintain the Ogallala Aquifer's dwindling water supply.

Here on the Great Plains, the potential for wind and solar power is endless. Unlike in the cities, there's no shortage of open space, so it is very much possible to power every North Texan home with clean energy. And, just as important as the sharp decline in carbon emissions that would result is the new construction jobs that clean energy expansion will bring North Texas. Instead of jobs exiting due to drought or economic struggle, we can start bringing in well-paying employment opportunities with long-term stability to small towns like Plainview. Not to mention the benefits to energy stability in the wake of extreme weather like we saw this winter - by diversifying and expanding energy sources while working to repair and improve energy infrastructure across Texas, we can prevent mass blackouts while also maintaining energy independence as a state.

And, Texas Labor will also take on the issue of sustainability - which is increasingly important as nature becomes increasingly unforgiving due to climate change. As the people of Plainview know, droughts have been worsening here, and if scientists's warnings about the Ogallala Aquifer running dry in 20 years prove true, life on the plains will get extremely difficult, extremely quickly. That's why Texas Labor will advocate for a strong, science-based response to this impeding catastrophe. We'll work with local farmers, universities and researchers across state lines to develop a plan to sustainably utilize the resources of the Ogallala aquifer, and assist struggling small towns in drought mitigation techniques. Instead of electing a government for and by big cities, let's elect a government that will care about small towns and the little man. Let's elect a government that will actively help North Texas rebound, a government that actually cares when the wells begin running dry in small towns. Let's elect a Labor legislative majority to the Statehouse this month.

That's why I'm here today with your next State Representative, Ron Sedgewick. Ron's family has been farming here in Hale County for four generations, but with drought conditions worsening here their yield has become increasingly small, and their margins tighter and tighter. He knows that action must be taken to keep working families here in Plainview and North Texas afloat, and is tired of Rich Man Federalists obstructing good, necessary policy from their suburban mansions. If elected, Ron will be a tireless advocate for farmers here in North Texas that have been crunched between increasingly intense droughts and the COVID-19 pandemic, and will be a true fighter against Federalist obstructionists who seek to derail the people's agenda to protect their own pocketbooks. And now, I'd like to take the opportunity to welcome him to the stage!

Thank you, Plainview! Mask up, be well, and get out and vote for Governor Bryant, Ron Sedgewick, and Labor up and down the ballot this May!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #408 on: May 06, 2021, 12:27:42 PM »
« Edited: May 06, 2021, 02:11:45 PM by Speak No Evil for one month »

Lubbock, Texas

Thank you, Mr. Vice President, for that kind introduction.

Folks, when Labor came to power in Austin, we had inherited a mess created by two decades of conservative leadership. Some Federalists in Dallas initially tried to blame frozen solar panels and wind turbines, but we now know that inadequetaly witnerized natural gas equipment was the culprit. Sadly, past administrations isolated the state's power grid from the two major national grids and deregulated the energy sector, leaving Texas in the hands of ERCOT.

Labor policies didn't create this mess, but the partisan bickering in Austin all to give competing parties a step-up in Federalist efforts to win back the state was wrong. Where your governor offered a solution in weatherizing our natural gas infrastructure, which provides just over half of the power in this state, the Federalists and the opposition wanted an issue they could run on.

Now property damage costs have reached $200 billion and the one hundred and eleven lives that were lost as a result of this preventable disaster will never seek the justice they deserve.

We need to send a message to Austin that partisan obstructionism comes with a price, as does refusal to abandon this ideology of unfettered markets and privatization of essential services.

Soon, after Governor Bryant gives his speech, you will hear from our two candidates for legislature: Dan White, candidate for State Senate and the Governor's chief advisor for all matters pertaining to energy, and Sally Kim, a technician and Lubbock resident.

A united Austin will give the state a government that fulfills its promises and has policies, not rhetoric or fuel for an issue to exploit in the next election.

Thank you, Lubbock, and Dave bless you! I'd now like to introduce you all to your leader, your fighter in Austin, Governor Ramsey Bryant!

1. https://lubbockeda.org/lubbocks-art-district-the-heart-of-downtown/
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #409 on: May 06, 2021, 02:59:31 PM »

NJ Campaign Kickoff

Saddle River, NJ
5/6/21
4:00 PM

Good afternoon,

I'm sure that throughout this campaign, Governor Baglieri wants you to think that he and the Democratic Alliance are no different than those scary Feds. Well the Democratic Alliance's record shows otherwise when they were in government in this region. To begin with, the Democratic Alliance passed a restrictive abortion law, with support from the Federalists and the Liberals, that would punish women for seeking reproductive healthcare. I know that this sounds like something from Alabama or Tennessee, but no, it happened here in this region. Here, where we cherish reproductive freedom. Well make no mistake, Labor has always been committed to the right of a woman to make her own medical decision, and that includes decisions about reproductive healthcare. In fact, even though I have now left office, I have submitted at the steps of the General Court, a bill that would implement more reasonable abortion policy and replace the barbaric provisions that would throw women in jail for the crime of simply seeking healthcare. Under Labor, reproductive healthcare will always be protected in New Jersey.

Unfortunately, this isn't the only time that the Democratic Alliance has backed far right wing policy. Recently a bill passed the Council that dramatically rolled back Lincoln's gun control protections. Protections that keep hands out of the guns of criminals and keep you and your family, whether it be in their classroom at school, or whether it be in your home at night. I am proud to have led the grassroots movement for gun reform here in Lincoln. In fact, that grassroots movement started here in New Jersey, and then it spread. In fact, when I was elected to the Council, people told me that gun control was a third rail and I could never get anything done. We fell just short of passing expansive gun control in a referendum, but then after a short stint as a zombie, I returned to the Council, more determined than ever, and we got it done. We took on the gun lobby and the special interests and we won, we banned military grade weapons, that belong in the hands of soldiers, not on our streets. Then, we took our movement to the federal level. I submitted the citizen draft bill of the federal version of the assault weapons ban, and we got that done too. Our movement spread across the nation. Unfortunately though, the recent assault weapon ban rollback has jeopardized the progress of our movement. The Democratic Alliance has made it clear that they are in the pocket of the gun lobby, the Governor clearly cares more about donations from his NRA friends than he does about keeping you and your family safe. Labor is the party that has worked to curb gun violence, once considered a third rail, even in the party itself, many determined individuals in the party stood up and took a stand, and we can guarantee that is what will happen if you elect Cory Norcross as your Governor!

Sadly, the Democratic Alliance's affinity for right wing radicalism doesn't end there. They passed a diversity training ban. They believe that racism is over and no longer exists. To quote a great Supreme Court justice, "You do not throw away the umbrella, when it is raining outside." They do not recognize that unfortunately, the scourge of racism still exists, even in our great state, and they do not recognize that we still need to fight it. Labor will work to fight institutional racism, I have already submitted a bill to repeal the ban, it is at the Court's doorstep. Labor recognizes many of our institutions whether it be college admissions or the police are all plagued by the problems of institutional racism. To combat these, we will work to expand affirmative action programs and we will also work to reform the police, including requiring police officers to pass racial bias tests.

Bold, progressive change is possible, but sadly the Democratic Alliance is not committed to it. They are too busy pursuing reactionary, right wing policies. Labor is the party committed to a bold progressive agenda, and an agenda that is in line with the people of New Jersey. Thank you!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #410 on: May 06, 2021, 03:39:27 PM »

Houston, Texas1

Howdy, Houston! I told you I'd be back and I am, and with me I have a very good candidate to challenge the incumbent Federalist senator. You know her as the woman who came within inches of winning the Houston mayoral race not many months ago: my friend, Kate Sandlin.

Challenging the incumbent Federalist House member is Marco Chuy, a sitting Houston city council member.

Now before I say anything else, I would like to thank the Liberal Party for endorsing Governor Bryant. The Liberals have certainly been more willing to work with our party on these issues than the immovable Federalist Party, and Labor can only deliver to the people when Labor is partnered with allies who want to achieve a common goal. Even the Democratic Alliance has tried forging a compromise with a group of ten members of the House.

But the Federalist Party's hardline resistance to these bipartisan and tripartisan initiatives have strangled any progress to be made under a progressive, but accommodating, governor.

The tragedy that we saw last February exposed the results of two decades of Reaganomics, of austerity, of deregulation, of privatization.

Austin needs a mandate. The Governor's plan will invest in weatherizing natural gas infrastructure and hold companies accountable for underwriting how much environmental damage their industry is causing.

Let me say that again: Governor Bryant's plan will hold companies accountable for underwriting how much they are polluting. Labor understands that the lion's share of the environmental damage can be traced to these wealthy multinational corporations, not the common working man or woman.

This is a win-win plan for the middle-class, the working-class, and those living on government assistance. We don't want to kill energy jobs to boost renewable energy, but our transition to the green economy will respect the interests of all involved, including miners and workers in the fracking industry, whom we support unionization for.

We also want to further diversify Texas's energy economy by investing in nuclear power, a policy that many conservatives support. And we know it's possible here in Texas, because the same was very recently said for shut down coal plants as potential nuclear reactors. No doubt that coal, while out of competition for natural gas, has a history in the state of Texas. And this is where we can study investments in nuclear energy right here in the state of Texas.

But we still need to update our power grid, reverse deregulation, and promptly re-enter the two national grids. We need to send that mandate to Austin by reelecting our governor and electing model citizens who will make exceptional legislators.

Thanks for having me today, Houston. And now I am pleased to once again introduce you to Kate Sandlin, the next Senator from the 4th Houston-based district.

1. https://www.timeout.com/houston
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #411 on: May 06, 2021, 04:36:28 PM »
« Edited: May 06, 2021, 04:45:27 PM by KaiserDave »

Vermont is LABOR Country: St. Alban's

Friends! Comrades! What a joy it is to be in the true north. And we are all northerners here, proud and strong Lincolnites, and proud Vermonters! Today I come to speak on the fundamental choice in this election, and why I believe Vermont should vote Labor in this coming election.

Friends, I believe the Vermont Federalist Party and Joanne Campbell is fundamentally out of touch with this great state. I look at the battles they are choosing to fight. Where are they putting themselves on the line? I believe the answer clearly displays how out of touch Vermont Federalists in government have become. Joanne made quit the stir agitating against basic protective measures in government buildings, indeed she did. Seemingly the public servants of Vermont are not worth her attention or respect. I would never do such a thing in my position, nor would a candidate for Vermont Labor do the same.

But folks that's not all. Governor Campbell has drifted so far from Vermont that she has become tied to the monopoly power in this country. As small businesses decline and big corporations consolidate, Governor Campbell is not on the side of the people. She has used her platform to advocate for tax cuts, singularly for the wealthy, and she has used her platform to assail policies that would benefit the people. Folks we are in the midst of a crisis, and with small businesses forced to shutter due to high transmission, monopolies and their cheap products and low wages are coming in. We need leaders who will promote the little guy, and not advocate for tax cuts for those monopolies! Joanne Campbell is not the leader we need. She is rolling out the carpet for COVID, and she is rolling out the carpet for monopolies. I would dearly hope if the Federalist Party is in touch with Vermont they would do away with her irresponsibility and apathy. But they have not. So I urge a vote for Labor.

A Labor government in Vermont will finally put the Vermonter front and center, just as Laborites have fought for in Nyman, and as I personally have done across Lincoln. So vote Labor, and vote for the party of progress, the party for Vermont!

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #412 on: May 06, 2021, 09:56:00 PM »
« Edited: May 06, 2021, 10:23:06 PM by Speak No Evil for one month »

San Antonio, Texas1

Hello, San Antonio!

I'm continuing my tour with Governor Bryant to talk to people about our priorities for the next session. People overwhelmingly agree that the next legislative session must address ERCOT reform. One state senator reported stories of people in their 80's and 90's being left without power in the state as it was crippled by the ice storm that paralyzed the state.

Texans ultimately want the parties to work together, but the Federalists have done all in their power to block Governor Bryant's proposed reforms. This is why Texans have a higher view of their governor than they do of the legislature in Austin, and who can blame them? The lives of people are at stake, and the opposition would rather have an issue to talk about than a solution that helps the average Texan.

And while Labor takes responsibility for disasters that happen on our watch, we cannot move to reverse deregulation and privatization alone. And the minority of people in other parties who consistently join the Federalists to block us at every opportunity should be called home all the same. That is why the Liberal Party endorsed us. They understand what's at stake in this election, and although some in the Federalist Party might like to brand themselves as "the party of the South", they simply do not understand Texas. They certainly don't want to help us when the chips are down.

Tonight I have with me a public defender who specializes in criminal justice reform, Christian Travers, and a former White House aide whom I had the pleasure of getting to know during my brief time in the White House, Ms. Gabriella Martinez. They are running for the state Senate and House respectively against two Federalist incumbents.

We have yet to be introduced to the Federalist's candidate for governor here, but reelecting Ramsey Bryant will not be enough. We need a great showing on both sides of the ballot. And Texans deserve an explanation from Federalists on why they have chosen to play politics at a time when the most vulnerable have their lives at stake.

I am happy to report that, mostly through executive action, Governor Bryant has expedited the delivery of COVID-19 vaccinations for the people of his state. It is no doubt essential that the second biggest state in the country have an infrastructure that vaccinates people from our seniors to our essential workers to all adults. This is someone you want fighting for you in Austin: someone who will never quit for the sake of entertaining partisan games and keeping our state divided.

Thank you, San Antonio! Get vaccinated, wear masks when necessary, continue washing your hands and staying home when you get sick, and soon we will have transitioned back to the old normal.

Remember this, folks: when you get vaccinated, you get to do more things!

Tonight I'm letting my good friend, Ms. Martinez, speak to you tonight directly followed by Mr. Travers.

Thank you, San Antonio!

1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Antonio#/media/File:The_Pearl_San_Antonio_2019.jpg
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #413 on: May 06, 2021, 10:27:54 PM »

Amarillo, Texas

Good evening, Amarillo! Pleasure to be here with your local legislative candidates on my tour of the Lone Star State.

Here in one of the nation's largest centers for meatpacking and food processing, worker safety has never been more important. We've seen the consequences of big business neglect throughout the pandemic as food plants like those in Amarillo have become the epicenter of COVID outbreaks that endanger thousands of workers and their families. And, even before the coronavirus, working folks in the food industry have not gotten a fair shake - forced to work long hours in questionably clean facilities with wages barely enough to pay for half of basic living expenses.

Labor believes firmly that Texans deserve a government that'll prioritize the interests of the working class over Wall Street elitists - and under the principled governance of Governor Bryant, y'all are halfway there. However, Governor Bryant's initiatives to crack down on big business malfeasance and protect workers from unsafe, COVID-exposed workspaces have been blocked at every turn by the obstructionist Rich Man Federalists. It's a travesty, and amid an unprecedented global pandemic it truly reveals which side the Federalists are truly on. That's why it's absolutely essential that y'all here in Amarillo vote up and down the ballot for your Labor candidates. If given a solid legislative mandate, Governor Bryant and Labor Leader (Diana) Rossuelo will work from Day One to keep Texan families protected from the coronavirus as the pandemic at last begins to weaken, while also ensuring workers are guaranteed the right to safe conditions, good pay, and quality healthcare for their families during and after COVID. Working families across the state have been hit hardest by this pandemic, and we owe them a fair shake for the essential support they provide for Texas.

Texas Labor, if granted a legislative majority, will also make a historic investment in rural infrastructure here in North Texas, building upon the landmark rural broadband act pushed by National Labor that has already brought better connections to thousands of Texans. Our infrastructure package has, this legislative session, been another casualty of Rich Man Federalist obstruction and minority rule - which, given the good it can do for Texas, is a bloody shame. In addition to upgrading and diversifying Texas's aging energy grid - which will prevent this winter's events from ever repeating again - our infrastructure plan will help maintain and upgrade rural thoroughfares while also creating a historic link between North Texas and the Mexican border through the Interstate 27 expansion. Yes, it's an ambitious plan, but unlike the regressive, elitist social policy that the Rich Man Federalists are peddling, it will directly benefit the daily lives of regular folks here in Amarillo and North Texas, and will create new economic opportunities that will help reverse the recent decline in jobs here. Texas Labor is the party of the people, and we understand that it is untenable for a state government to rule from money-filled high castles - we will hear and heed the interests of rural communities, no matter their size, and we will work diligently to deliver for them every day. That's why it's essential that y'all vote up and down the ballot for Labor this election, deliver a strong Labor legislative majority to Austin, and relegate the regressive Federalist obstructionists to the dustbin of history!

Thank you, Amarillo! It's always exciting to tour the Lone Star State. And now, I'd like to introduce you to your next State Representative...
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #414 on: May 06, 2021, 10:52:16 PM »

Labor Ad: Canary
airing high-intensity in all Texas media markets

Camera pans to a wheat farm, with a yellow canary sitting on a fencepost. The backdrop is a beautiful blue with nary a cloud in sight

Narrator: Last October, Labor advocated strongly for a complete revamp of Texas's energy infrastructure.

Vice President OBD (voiceover): "...by creating jobs in renewable energy and extending the grid across the state - not just to rich donors in cities - ...ensuring that no one gets left in the dark..."

A lone cloud passes in the background. The canary stirs and looks around nervously

Narrator: We proposed an ambitious plan to fix the broken energy grid and ensure energy security for every Texan, from Amarillo to Zapata.

State Representative Anthony Cuellar (Labor-Del Rio) (voiceover): "The Texan Energy Plan will reduce carbon emissions. The Texan Energy Plan will maintain Texan energy independence while providing jobs. And most importantly, it will ensure that every home in Texas can stay lit and warm, no matter the weather..."

The canary begins chirping alarmedly, and flies off. In the distance, rumbling can be heard

Narrator: But, obstructionist Rich Man Federalists didn't heed our warning. They thought that the status quo was good enough. They prioritized politics and pocketbooks over the safety and wellbeing of their constituents.

Suddenly, the weather turns completely. Storm clouds roll in. Rain is pouring. Lightning bolts strike at will.

Voiceover: "worst blackout in Texas history...over 100 dead...folks freezing in their homes..."

Narrator: And then, they fiddled while Texas froze.

Voiceover: "Governor Bryant's ambitious rescue package was rejected by the Federalist legislature in a a party-line vote...expected to greatly hamper his response plan for the energy crisis..."

As the torrential rain continues, the farm begins to flood...

Narrator: This crisis wasn't without warning. Labor was the canary in the coal mine. We recognized that comprehensive change was needed for Texas's energy grid. But the Rich Man Federalists refused to act...

...camera pan to the canary, now dead, lying in a pool of muddy water

Narrator: ...and working Texans paid the price.

cut to Labor logo, somber music plays

Narrator: Vote Labor this May. So this never happens again.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #415 on: May 07, 2021, 01:34:08 AM »

Fort Worth, Texas1

Hello, Fort Worth!

Do we reward parties because they have branded themselves as regional parties, because they frequently express that not having victory means they are being morally wronged, as we've heard time and time again from Federalist leadership, not only in the presidential or midterm elections, but even in the NPC elections?

No. No, we do not.

You all proved that to this country in an upset. And Federalists can only sink further with the people of Texas if they make this election a referendum on Governor Bryant, whom polls show the public supports despite strong disapproval for the partisan dysfunction in Austin. And a partisan, dysfunctional government in Austin is the only avenue Federalists have to not let the state "slip up" from them again.

We still know little about the Federalist's candidate for governor, their priorities, even their name. We know there's still been no commitment to reforming ERCOT or a reconnection of the state to the two national power grids.

Texans are entitled to know where this candidate stands, and they must address the elephant in the room. The continued obstruction. The insistence on an issue, not a solution.

Labor has been stern in our warnings for a Texas that lacks in robust environmental policies, that has laxed standards for people's health and safety, that cannot bring itself to admit that better regulation of our fracking infrastructure would have prevented this disaster the entire time.

I can promise this to the people of Fort Worth: Labor is pro-energy, and we want to become global leaders in energy by diversifying our economy.

I am a longtime believer that an effective environmental policy is simply not realistic without any investments in nuclear power, and we have the means to convert those abandoned coal plants in our state into mini-micro reactors.

When Labor says that we need to follow the science, we mean that. That's why we, by and large, acknowledge nuclear energy's benefits as consistent with what the scientific community has been telling us.

We will work with any party to expand nuclear, but the Federalists didn't lift a finger to help the people of their state. In exchange, they have an issue to run on this month.

But we've still heard no explanation for the extreme partisan tricks and obstruction in Austin. We cannot trust a party that only looks forward to the next election rather than focus on the solutions we need now, or in our case, several months yesterday.

Main street may be feeling left behind, but a governor and a hostile mixed legislature, where conservatives are doing all they can to bring this administration down, have been a bad deal for Texas. Federalist obstruction has been a bad deal for Texas. And their energy policy simply fails to prescribe solutions to address the initial cause of the energy crisis.

Remember that when you cast your ballot this month. Vote to fix Austin so that an undivided government can deliver on its promise to the people.

Thank you, Fort Worth! So much is at stake here. I'd like you to meet your candidates, Texas Christian University professor, Douglas Clay, who is running for State House, and your Mayor, David Schroeder, who is running for State Senate!

1. Fort Worth CBV
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #416 on: May 07, 2021, 10:52:59 AM »

Wichita Falls, Texas

Good morning, Wichita Falls!

It is a sad day in government when one party's greedy self-interest results in the collapse of a state energy grid and over a hundred deaths. It is an even sadder day when the very same party attempts to politically weaponize the crisis they worsened through obstruction and inaction, attempting to pin blame on a Governor whose comprehensive rescue plan they blocked out of spite. But that's not even the saddest part - beyond the politics and rhetoric, it has been ordinary Texans that have paid the price for Federalist tactics. Working families across the state that cry out for direly-needed improvements to ERCOT - improvements that we proposed, improvements that have since been added to the massive pile of progress-oriented, pro-people legislation that the Rich Man Federalists have killed. Folks, they fiddled while Texas froze, and they are content to keep fiddling until a winter storm actually threatens the power of their suburban mansions.

If y'all actually want bold, lasting solutions for the Main Streets of Texas, you'd cast your ballot for Governor Bryant and your Labor legislative candidates this election. Even before the February energy crisis, we had plans to completely revamp and upgrade Texas's energy grid, and would have implemented them had we possessed a legislative majority. And now, with a damning indictment of the current state of said energy grid behind us, Governor Bryant and a Labor legislative majority would act with even greater speed to shore up energy security for every Texan. One crucial element of this plan is interstate cooperation. As folks here in Wichita Falls know, working with people and businesses across state lines is incredibly important for the economy - and with the energy crisis in large part caused by the isolation of Texas's power grid, it's past time we use that same logic to shore up ERCOT. A Labor legislative majority would reach out to and work closely with the federal government and neighboring states to both reconnect the Texan power grid to the national one - allowing increased ease in restoring power in the event of a mass blackout - and to develop renewable energy solutions to provide a new stream of clean, reliable power to Texan homes across the state. While Rich Man Federalists have cast blame on solar and wind power for the catastrophe, their lies have been laid bare in a recent study that shows natural gas failures are responsible for the brunt of the blackout - if anything, this crisis makes new energy development an even more logical solution.

So, friends, the choice is clear. Cast your ballot against the status quo, where wealthy legislators can stand by as their constituents are left without light or warmth. Vote for Governor Bryant and Labor for state senate and state house, so a united government in Austin free of obstructionist forces can govern actively and decisively for folks like you, and restore Texas's status as a leading state in energy production.

Thank you, Wichita Falls! Mask up, stay safe, and vote Labor up and down the ballot this election!

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #417 on: May 07, 2021, 11:17:23 AM »

Denton, Texas

Hello, Denton!

I know I've said my share about Rich Man Federalists obstructing the people's agenda here in Texas - but let's be real for a second, their decision to turn the worst energy crisis in state history affects their constituents, too. When the lights went out across Texas, they didn't just go out in the small towns and inner cities - no, they went out in the suburbs, too. And when the Federalists block Labor efforts to expand renewable energy, improve education, and comprehensively upgrade infrastructure, folks here in Denton are also losing out on a better quality of life. No, Rich Man Federalists might not notice a difference (besides slightly thicker pocketbooks) when they shoot down Labor's latest plan designed to assist working families, but said working families will notice a major one, whether they're here in the Metroplex or out west in Midland.

That's why we're campaigning across Texas this month - to win back the State Senate and State House. To win a mandate from the people of Texas to end obstructionism and take long-overdue action to fix Texas's broken energy grid, and so much more. Don't reward entitled Rich Man Federalists, who would put political gain over protecting the wellbeing of the vast majority of Texans. Instead, send them a message that playing political games with the power and heating systems of ordinary Texans will NOT be tolerated by their constituents!

I'm here today with two fine candidates seeking to represent Denton in the state capitol - your State Representative, Brandon Carrozo, and your State Senate candidate, Dr. Jill Moncrief, who is seeking to defeat an obstructionist Federalist that stood by while folks here in Denton went without electricity for days. Representative Carrozo has been one of the loudest advocates for a comprehensive energy solution down in Austin, working with fellow Laborites to draft our Texan Energy Plan while attempting to end Rich Man Federalist obstructionism. And, Dr. Moncrief, who has operated a family practice in Denton for years, will be a staunch advocate for kids in the Senate, whether that be through investing in K-12 education, assisting districts and students in safely transitioning to in-person school, or maintaining Texas's energy grid and natural resources for the next generation. I am fully confident that they will represent the people of Denton far better than an obstructionist Federalist who loves his bank balance more than his constituents, and they have my wholehearted endorsement!

Thank you, Denton! Before I hand over the mic to Representative Carrozo, I'd like to remind you - mask up, stay safe, and vote Labor up and down the ballot this election!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #418 on: May 07, 2021, 11:37:35 AM »

Vermont is LABOR Country: Newport

Friends! Comrades! I'm happier than ever in the Northeast Kingdom! Truly the emerald in the eye of Vermont! I'm proud to be here with Will Ashe, the Labor candidate in Vermont, and a champion for the common man! That's what need folks! Will Ashe is a food bank director, state legislator, and working class no nonsense servant of the people! He has an undying love for this state and for our people, and I couldn't be happier to endorse him entirely for governor, along with our entire slate of Labor candidates.

The stakes of this election are high folks! High! We've gotta elect leaders who are gonna put Vermonters first. While Joanne Campbell was trying to get her name in national headlines by dismissing basic COVID-19 protective measures, Will Ashe was helping to pass bills to get federal COVID-19 dollars to our people, and implementing the recovery. While Joanne Campbell was blasting my policies, and supporting tax cuts for the wealthy, Will Ashe was making sure poor Vermonters get fed every day. We gotta make Will Ashe Governor of Vermont!

Will Ashe is on the side of the people! Will Ashe is on the side of Vermont! Joanne Campbell ain't it folks! Will Ashe, he's the real deal! He's been the real deal for years! He's born and raised in Rutland! I need Will Ashe as Governor Vermont, fighting for the priorities we hold. He's fighting for our values folks. Compassion, community, respect. If elected, it won't be his job to get his name on the national news, it'll be his job to get things done. He'll make sure the burden of taxation is on those with more, not less. He'll minimize regressive taxes, increase social spending, and still keep the budget balanced by refusing to cut taxes for the rich again, in fact where he can he'll raise 'em. He's laser focused on the demographic crisis. He's not afraid to welcome refugees, but he's gonna make Vermont the best place in Atlasia to raise a child. That social safety net is gonna be focused on mothers, on families, and monetary incentives for people to move are a priority.

Will Ashe is a workhouse folks. Joanne Campbell is a show horse. She spends more time on TV, trying to open her mouth enough to get on the news. She's not working for us! In the little time when she is working, she's going in the wrong direction! It's time to turn this around, with a vote for Will Ashe! Let's go do this!

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #419 on: May 07, 2021, 11:46:34 AM »

Houston, Texas1

Howdy again, Houston! It's so great to be here once again with you all alongside Kate Sandlin, your candidate for the 9th Senate District as well as your next member from the 32nd House District, Marshall Childers.

We all remember the disappointment we felt, that all of us and Kate felt, when she came within a point of winning the mayor's race and delivering on her ambitious agenda to make Houston a better, safer, and more environmentally friendly city to raise a family and find good jobs.

And now we are still seeing high water locations on our city's roads and surrounding areas. This is another essential issue that the next legislative session must address, and would have had the latter half of the session not been dominated by our emergency measures to rush aid, food, and safety to Texans across the state.

We need to weatherize our grid. We need stronger oversight and more public control. And we need to act and hold the appropriate individuals at ERCOT accountable for their criminal negligence.

And we need help from both Austin and Nashville to help our flood-prone areas, like here in Houston.

The Federalist candidate was widely unknown, so unknown that most voters didn't even know her name, but the Federalists just barely won enough second preferences to surpass Kate Sandlin, and as a result, Mayor Ferrara entered office with no mandate and, and definitely no plan.

My friends, the more Houston, and the rest of Texas, grows, the more essential it becomes to modernize our infrastructure and to literally rejoin the rest of the nation in the 21st century, to reincorporate our power grid into the national one with the aid of neighboring state governments, and the federal government. And with the rise of climate change, Houston needs leaders who will fight for better flood control and mitigation of damage to our homes, businesses, and schools.

Houston, vote Labor up and down the ballot. Vote for the party that does more than talk about serious change. Vote for the party that always aims for a solution, rather than an issue to exploit.

I know you can do it, Houston, and I'm confident that you have seen the contrast between the urgent actions of the Governor versus the partisan bickering of the legislature. Reelect Governor Bryant and elect Kate Sandlin to Sandlin, the woman who knows you best, in this month's election. And for House, don't forget to vote for Marshall Childers, an electrician and former Peace Corps volunteer for the areas affected by Hurricane Katrina.

1. Photo courtesy of Midtown Houston
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #420 on: May 07, 2021, 12:49:08 PM »

Vermont is LABOR Country: Barre

Friends! Comrades! I feel it folks! The river of progress and victory is running through the Green Mountain state! Everywhere I go, I'm talking to folks who don't like the way Joanne Campbell is running this state. Folks who think Will Ashe is the right man to lead us. It's quite exciting! I've torn across Vermont, the goal is every country, every country folks! Heck I'd do every township if I could get away from the legislature enough! But you know I got to be there, right now we got a right DA deputy trying to ban handguns, but folks that ain't gonna happen for a second. Cause you bet I'll be there working for you, just like Will Ashe will when he wins this race.

Vermonters are working hard folks. Essential workers are getting out there and keeping this state running, the Green Mountain Boys are administering vaccine distribution with brilliance, and each and every Vermonter is pitching in to keep our state moving. Moving into the front of vaccine distribution. But Joanne Campbell is out there trying to do her best to drive us off the road and into a ditch! Now why would she do that? I have no idea but she keeps trying to do it. She's desperate to get on national news folks. She goes on TV just about all the time trying to attack me enough so she can get 5 minutes on national television. It's incompetence, it's negligence, and it's wrong. But it doesn't end there! She is so desperate to get on the news she refused to enforce basic protective measures! Now she is putting Vermonters are risk for her own advancement. It's wrong, it's absolutely disgusting.

Will Ashe is the complete opposite. He's a public servant who practices public service every day. Whether it's his job running the food bank in Rutland or in his State Senate seat. He help write the bills spending federal stimulus aid because he is absolutely dedicated to this state. He helps keep poor Vermonters fed because he cares about Vermont. It is a model for us all. It is a model I hope myself to reach. I am so proud to support him, and I hope you do too. With your help, he will be elected! So let's do it! Thank you Barre, and see you again soon!

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #421 on: May 07, 2021, 12:50:57 PM »

Irving, Texas

Howdy, Irving!

Let's talk about transportation. As Atlasia prepares to face down climate change and resource depletion, it's more important than ever that we consider alternative means of getting from Point A to Point B. However, it is also crucial that we make green transport affordable for all. Many Texans don't have the wages or the means to buy expensive electric cars, and are often at the periphery of low-emissions public transportation networks. It is immoral - and against the basic philosophy of the Labor Party - to encourage sustainable living without making it accessible to all.

One way to make reducing one's fossil fuel consumption affordable is to address the issue at the source - or where the electricity that Texans use comes from. Here in urban areas, a key step we can take is by passing solar loans and subsidies (a flagship component of my Fremont energy bill). If we encourage folks to install solar panels on their residences - and pay them back through reduced energy costs by doing so - we can increase solar energy proliferation throughout the Lone Star State without making the cost too high to foot. And, by beginning safe nuclear power research and construction, we can unlock the power of the atom to tide us over until current clean energy production methods are streamlined for mass consumption. Nuclear power does have a bad rap, yes, but if done safely, it can power millions of homes with a bare fraction of the emissions similar fossil-fuel methods use. If y'all re-elect Governor Bryant and a Labor majority to the statehouse, we will begin to research nuclear energy construction as yet another power source to keep Texan households lit and warm even during cataclysmic weather events, while also imposing stringent safety regulations to ensure that no Texan -whether they be the suburban beneficiary of nuclear power or the plant technician - will ever be harmed by the power of the atom. And, in addition to safe, reliable power, nuclear will also provide thousands of well-paying job opportunities - and Texas Labor will ensure that former fossil fuel workers will have first choice of these jobs and paid participation in re-training programs.

Texas Labor will also make green transport methods more affordable and accessible. Here in Irving and across the state, we'll invest in public transportation - which is proven to have significantly lower environmental impact then car travel - to both electrify the bus network and expand environmentally transit options to all Texans, not just those with the money or means. And, we'll work to make owning an electric car a realistic possibility for all. We will expand Texas's fast charging network to make electric car roadtrips just as easy - and cleaner - than gas car ones, and we'll offer generous subsidies to working-class Texans to encourage the purchase of electric vehicles. It's past time to dispel the narrative that green living is only for the rich and guilty - if we all band together, we can turn Texas into a leader in the fight against climate change.

So, let's send a message to Austin that we will NOT accept more Federalist obstructionism! Let's send a message in favor of a unified push against climate change that will leave no Texan behind! Let's re-elect Ramsey Bryant and elect a strong Labor legislative majority to the statehouse!

Now, I'd like to introduce your candidate for the state house - Robert Almeira! A lifelong educator and a leading voice in the IISD teacher's union, he will be a true fighter for the little man here in Irving!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #422 on: May 07, 2021, 03:05:22 PM »

Vermont is LABOR Country:
South Burlington

Friends! Comrades! There is wonderful news is the air! Wonderful news! Terrified by the force of your activism, and by the energy among Vermonters and Laborites, the Federalist Party has pulled Governor Campbell from the race! She's out, she's gone! And that was us! That was our activism, and our relentless push! But folks, we cannot become complacent. This is a win, without a doubt, but the need to elect Will Ashe Governor of Vermont is big as ever. This election was never just about Governor Campbell, it's about you, and it's about we can have a government that can serve the people in Montpelier. Serving the people must at the center of everything we do, and Will Ashe is the right man for the job.

Will Ashe is a career public servant. He's born and raised in Vermont, and he knows this land and our people well. He has lived our values of respect, community, and compassion his entire life. He built the Rutland Food Bank because he respected everyone, no matter what they had in their pocket, because he wanted to uplift his community, it is truly compassionate. And it's exactly what we need in Montpelier. We don't just need to get rid of Governor Campbell, that's done, that's the past, we need to elect a public servant in Montpelier. So that's why I'm out here stumping for Will Ashe.

He's doesn't hold straight to what the Labor doctrine may be in New Jersey, or Connecticut, or in New York. He is a Labor Party member, as am I, proudly. But we are Vermonters, and I know Will Ashe will stand for Vermont first and foremost, just as I have stood for all Lincoln. Right now a member of my party is pushing for a handgun ban from outside the General Court. I said straightforward, I won't sign it. It goes too far. So I said no. I signed bills to open schools, happily. I know Will Ashe will too fight for Vermonters first and foremost. I know he shares the values I do, and that we as Vermonters hold. Will Ashe and I were both involved in protests against right wing tax cuts for the wealthy that were supported by the same Federalists now preparing to replace Governor Campbell. Will Ashe knows that the way we improve our economy isn't giveaways to the wealthy. What will Senator Stone say when the recipients of those tax cuts put their new dollars in CEO pay, or worse yet, order layoffs anyway?

This is far from a straw men by friends. This is a proposal that very nearly passed the General Court, but Will Ashe and I helped kill it. We fought hard and we killed it. This is a real proposal, very nearly became law. But because of public servants like Will Ashe we killed it. If elected, Will Ashe won't hesitate to cut regressive sales taxes, and he'll take the demographic crisis head on, because that's what serving the people looks like. We deserve a Vermont that is the best place to a raise a child in Atlasia, not the latest victim of trickle down economics.

That's why I'm here, and that's why we need to elect Will Ashe on Election Day. Thank you, and let's do this!

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #423 on: May 09, 2021, 02:21:52 AM »

El Paso, Texas1

ˇHola mi amigos! Thank you, El Paso!

It's good to be back in my favorite city in the State of Texas as I continue my tour through every corner of the state. When I first came to the city, small business owners crumbled under the anxiety of losing their livelihoods, and all they had worked for, because of the pandemic.

And El Paso, given the great diversity of the city, has no shortage of Latino-owned business. A great deal of these businesses are owned by first- or second-generation immigrants. And so many businesses either closed or came to the brink of closing due to lack of an adequate pandemic plan on any level of government.

I won't mince words when I say that this pandemic flooded our states under Labor leadership in Nyman, and it is thanks to the urgency of the Labor government to pass multiple stimulus packages and temporary UBI to assuage people in times of such great uncertainty. So that people can pay their bills, and stay in their homes without fear of eviction. We passed a renewed public works program which pays living wages to those unable to find employment at this time.

And it is because of those measures that most of those small businesses have been able to subsist, and will soon be entering this summer with millions vaccinated, restrictions eased, businesses reopening their doors, and the beginning of a real recovery after so many lives were lost to this virus and our very way of life changed drastically.

I am here to tell you, the people of El Paso, that the jobs are coming back. But just as importantly, a general return to normalcy is on the horizon. The state will continue to maintain its recovery and welcome students back into their schools this fall, all across the state.

Labor makes no apology for its hard work fighting for you. For minority-owned businesses. For working-class people of all races. But the Latino community has a friend in Labor, and while we can spend all day going over the improvements that Labor has made to our public health system and the economic recovery, I want the people to know that Labor doesn't pander.

Labor delivers. No matter the issue.

I would now like to introduce you to El Paso City Council Member, Vicente Curbelo, who is running for statehouse this month.

Thank you, El Paso! Dave bless you, and Dave bless the great State of Texas!

1. L.C. Rogers, britannics.com
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #424 on: May 09, 2021, 06:30:36 AM »

Provo, Utah1
socially-distanced, masks-mandatory event, livestreamed on UT Labor website

Utah, it is so great to be here with you again campaigning alongside my cousin, better known as your governor, Eric Udall.

I want to talk about an issue that has been on everyone's minds, especially as we help to build back our country, state by state, to a pre-pandemic normal. But the main focus of my speech to you all this morning will be that four-letter word: jobs.

Provo is a testament to the success of policies in Denver and in Salt Lake City which have created hundreds of thousands of new jobs in this state, particularly here in Provo and in surrounding cities, thanks to dozens of new tech startups. No doubt, the 'Silicon Slopes' has been recognized as a growing force in the tech industry. And Labor recognizes the need for a business-friendly environment in order for smaller and newer players in the tech industry to get fair shot here in Utah.

Another unique aspect of Utah has been its experience with existing trade deals. Generally, I am one who considers myself a free trader. I believe in the general idea that the freedom of movement of goods has benefited countries, and that freedom of movement is what discourages war and allows for the creation of wealth that benefits the working-class.

While I am unwilling to dismiss renegotiation of some trade deals for the states and areas of this country where the rising tide of free trade has decidedly not lifted all boats, Utah is one state where trade partnerships have been to the mutual benefit of both countries. Utah's partnership with Mexico, just to use an example, will boost our state's economy the more we export, and with Utah as a trading partner, that same relationship might point the way toward economic prosperity in Mexico as well.

That is the way free trade ought to work. And while trade practices with countries like China ought to be reformed, the Utah-Mexico partnership has proved to be an excellent experiment as it operates on a small scale, and is therefore more responsive to the individual needs of the players involved.

At the same time, under the leadership of Governor Udall, we have used our energy dollars from Nyman and Denver to ensure that our trade practices are environmentally friendly. But we want more than that. We want Utah, with its growing tech industry, to become the next world leader in innovation and combating climate change. Under Governor Udall, all those environmental regulations put in place by the legislature will be enforced.

Make no mistake about it: Eric Udall is the jobs governor.

Thank you, Provo! I'll pass the mic on to Mayor Windsor and Labor's candidate for State Senate, and then we'll have the Governor make his finishing remarks.

1. https://money.cnn.com/gallery/retirement/2014/11/18/best-cities-for-growing-older/3.html
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies