Labor NPC Campaigns thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:53:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor NPC Campaigns thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 25
Author Topic: Labor NPC Campaigns thread  (Read 25171 times)
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2020, 11:26:30 PM »

Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2020, 01:12:52 AM »

Wikimedia Commons-Bobak Ha'Eri
Today me and representative SevenEleven hosted an event on the lawn of the North Dakota state capitol along with the Labor candidate for governor and other candidates for the state legislature. It was a great opportunity to meet with voters and talk about how Labor's agenda will benefit them.
Excerpt from FalterinArc's speech
Thank you Bismarck! Great to be out here on such a beautiful day. And what a beautiful state to be in! And if we are going to keep this state beautiful we need to protect our planet. Our lands are under assault from the threat of climate change, that's why we have passed progressive legislation to address the issue head on. Just 10 days ago, we passed the Red Green-new Deal. This bill will hep put us on track to make ourselves nation carbon-neutral while ensuring states like North Dakota aren't left behind. If I may remind you, it was a party line vote. The Federalist have staked out their position on this issue, don't let them tell you any different. Another bill, helping the people of Bismarck is the one my colleague, who is with me today, introduced. This bill would reinvigorate our urban areas and allow them to become hubs of opportunity. You can have all this with Labor or you can have Tax cuts for the wealthy with the Federalists. The choice is clear, North Dakota. Let's win this thing.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2020, 11:58:09 AM »

Jamestown, North Dakota

Wow! It is such a treat to be back on the campaign trail again, especially with all these slick new ads hitting the airwaves. I don't know what I expected from the Dishonest Alliance, but I guess when your entire platform was passed into law by Labor governments three years ago, you have more time to screw around on Youtube!

To review: Labor has been looking out for rural Frémonters since long before these washed-up hacks and crooked east-coast politicians wandered out here begging for votes. Labor majorities in Denver have expanded broadband internet access for rural areas, taken on the opioid epidemic, extended drought assistance to struggling farms, increased funding for rural hospitals, and distributed more than $10 million in farm subsidies since 2019 —this on top of our sweeping reforms to healthcare, education, housing, and conservation that together guarantee for every North Dakotan a better life than what their parents had. Labor doesn't have to spend tens of thousands of dollars on ads telling you about how fair-minded and principled we are, because our actions speak louder than words. The people of North Dakota will not be taken in by a lot of charlatans promising solutions to problems that have already been solved, because unlike the vote-grubbers and party operatives, they actually live in North Dakota, and they know what a Labor government can do for them!

While the Southern leaders of the Dishonest Alliance are busy touring the country making fine speeches about their strength of character, I have been working for the people of Frémont, as I have done every day for the last three years. I'm asking you to give me a government in Bismarck that I can work with. We don't want a gang of eastern imperialists telling us how to run our state, trying to make North Dakota more like the rest of the country: we believe that North Dakota is the greatest state in the greatest region in Atlasia, and September 25 we are going to vote for the party that believes the same!
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2020, 12:08:19 PM »

While the Southern leaders of the Dishonest Alliance  
What are you talking about, the Dishonest Alliance™ is a Lincoln regional party has no Southern leaders. I demand that you cease and desist about talking about the Dishonest Alliance as you are saying falsehoods about the Lincoln regional party, known as the, "Dishonest Alliance™", and if you don't, I'll destroy your house and your family by eating them piece by piece. I demand that you stop spreading lies about the "Dishonest Alliance™" as it has no Southern branch.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2020, 12:27:41 PM »

The following to be posted in public areas and circulated digitally until the election.

(1)

(2)

(3)

(1) Source: Own work.
(2) Source: Ibid.
(3) Source: Ibid.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2020, 12:34:15 PM »

Mr. Truman, there will be 24 hours before I sue you for slander. I demand that you confirm that you not spread slander about the "Dishonest Alliance™".
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2020, 12:41:07 PM »

Mr. Truman, there will be 24 hours before I sue you for slander. I demand that you confirm that you not spread slander about the "Dishonest Alliance™".
You know if you're going to drink underage you shouldn't do it on the internet.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2020, 12:56:50 PM »

You know if you're going to drink underage you shouldn't do it on the internet.
I do not take kindly to being accused of being intoxicated, and I will add it to the charges which you confirm that you will not spread slander in 23 hours and 20 minutes or I will sue you.

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2020, 08:07:52 PM »

Carrington, North Dakota

Another day, another campaign promise kept! President Pericles has just signed into law the CHONKYFIRE Act, which will do for the rest of Atlasia what Frémont did long ago by expanding reliable broadband access to rural communities. Unlike the do-nothing, say-everything hacks vacationing in our state, the Labor party has been keeping its promises to the people of North Dakota since long before there was a right-wing opposition, and we will continue to deliver long after they go back to Nashville.

From broadband service to hospitals, quality public schools, investments in infrastructure and public housing, this government has always fought on the side of the people against the special interests. Some people out east are saying North Dakota has had enough peace and prosperity. I don't believe that. My friends and neighbors here are too smart to be taken in by a bunch of eastern grifters, and tomorrow we're going to vote for the only ticket with the guts to stick up for the little guy: the Labor and Fianna Frémont ticket!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2020, 08:20:58 PM »

Finley, North Dakota

You know, the Dishonest Alliance are expecting to clean up in Finley. I have it from a reputable source, a very reputable source, who says they have heard there are an awful lot of farmers up here, and they intend to "make hay," to use their expression. I said they must not have met many farmers from Steele County! When they heard about the $10 million in subsidies paid to small farmers by this government over the last two years, those Nashville politicians turned clear around and went back where they came from —which is exactly where we want them to go!

The opposition candidates in this district know the lines their handlers have taught them, but you know the facts: you know the Labor party has always looked out for you and your families when times were hard. The people of this district are too smart to be taken in by a lot of charlatans come up from Nashville. Tomorrow they are going to elect a Labor governor in this state, and they are going to vote the Labor and Fianna Frémont ticket right down the line. That is the only way to keep the government in the hands of the people, and out of the pocket of the special interests.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2020, 08:25:04 PM »

Stop slandering my regional party.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2020, 08:35:49 PM »

Valley City, North Dakota

I hear some fellow down in South Carolina is casting aspersions against my record. Perhaps if he had any achievements of his own, he wouldn't feel the need to drag mine through the mud! The fact of the matter is I and the Labor party have been keeping our promises to the people of North Dakota since long before anyone had ever heard of these clowns. Now they want to take credit for our achievements and expect us to thank them for it. I don't think so!

Some people spend their time uploading flashy ads to Youtube, and some people actually do their jobs. For three years my government has worked tirelessly on behalf of the people of Frémont and the great state of North Dakota, burning the midnight oil to renew farm subsidies, expand broadband access to rural communities, increase funding for rural hospitals and schools, all while building a better and brighter future for all Frémonters regardless of race, class, or creed. Meanwhile the opposition leaders were down in the bayous, snoring so loud they scared all the mosquitoes away. When you fill out your ballot tomorrow, don't vote for a promise: vote for a record. Give me a government I can work with, and vote for the only ticket that has been fighting for you since before there was money on the line, and that will continue fighting for you after "the tumult and the shouting dies": the Labor and Fianna Frémont ticket!
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2020, 08:58:45 PM »

Who are you talking about and where is the attack?
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2020, 09:07:00 PM »

Bismarck, North Dakota

Minutes ago I signed into law the Frémont Safer Policing Act —a bill which will build upon the tremendous progress we have already made here in Frémont exorcising systemic racism from our criminal justice system. Legislation I signed in 2017 to demilitarize local police forces and institute force-wide badge cameras was credited by the GM's office with preventing the violence and unrest that has plagued so many cities in Atlasia from spreading into Frémont. While across this nation paving stones were stained with the blood of too many innocent Atlasians, targeted not for any fault or defect of their character, but for the color of their skin, the streets of Minneapolis —and of Boise, and Bismarck, and Fargo —were peaceful this spring: filled, not with the sound of gunfire and breaking glass, but with the democratic voice of the people, ringing out in triumph throughout the land.

I have come here, not to commemorate, but to rededicate: because we have so much more to do. This new bill will redouble our efforts on criminal justice reform by banning chokeholds, no-knock warrants, and other authoritarian measures the likes of which no free state needs to ensure its security. We do this in cooperation with local communities, and for the purpose not of punishing, but repairing the broken bonds of trust which unite our people.

And so, my friends and neighbors, we see the difference between leadership and hot air: between those who, from the safety of a campaign bus, love to talk about criminal justice reform (love even, I am told, to impugn me and my government, even as they promise to implement the same policies I passed while they were still in the political cradle), and those who roll up their sleeves and get to work. I can stand here today and promise to right the wrongs of the past because I have done the hard work of showing up every day and fighting for the people of North Dakota; simply put, I can defend my record because I have a record to defend. Others, once in office, took the more leisurely option of a four-month siesta: relaxing, I am sure, but of little utility to their constituents. It hasn't always been easy, and I haven't always been right: but in Frémont the streets are peaceful, and our region a little more just than when we began.

If you want to trade away this progress for the cool promises of a slick new political actor, then by all means vote for the opposition. If you want six more months of peace, prosperity, and equal justice for all —then on behalf of the Labor and Fianna Frémont candidates, I ask for your vote.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2020, 09:14:04 PM »

Today, I visited a contact tracing centre in New York. I thanked the contact tracers for the brilliant job they are doing, and took a photo with them while wearing masks and maintaining social distancing. I then held a press conference, and took several questions from the press.

On New York's fight against Covid-19
"We are seeing great progress in our fight against this virus. New York has been hit hard, and we mourn every loss to this virus as a tragedy. It is a sobering reminder that we must keep on social distancing and wearing masks, and that it is so important to follow the public health guidance. Slowly but surely, we are coming through this and containing the virus. And with the NPC elections, it is relevant to say that we need to stick with proven leadership in these elections. It does matter, and the opposition have not shown the competence needed to lead our Covid response-from wavering on mask mandates to veering in the other direction to demand forever lockdowns even when we can actually reopen safely. Only the Labor Party can provide the responsible, competent government that will get New York and the nation through this pandemic."

On attacks against Labor by the opposition
"Well, of course some politicians like to focus on Discord drama, because they don't have the answers for the actual pressing issues that Atlasia and hard-working people like you face. There simply is not a credible alternative government waiting in the wings, only chaos, extremism and division. The Labor Party has accomplished so much over the last year and several months, and we are still hard at work serving the Atlasian people. Here's the deal-the Labor Party is the party of government in Atlasia, the party of responsible, competent leadership. Their candidates may talk a big game. However, if you vote for our candidates in the NPC elections, our team will walk the talk and deliver for you. There is really a lot at stake, so please make sure to vote, and vote Labor."
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2020, 09:26:54 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2020, 09:31:37 PM by Unconditional Surrender Truman »

Mandan, North Dakota

They say actions speak louder than words —boy, do they! While the opposition has been touring the country pouring sewage in the ear of every voter who will come close enough, this government has been hard at work fighting for the working man! You might have caught a lot of guff about our economic program. I'd like to hear the frauds in the opposition try and tell the North Dakota family who're earning $650 more a month than their neighbors over in Kansas how bad the Labor economy is! We have the highest household income and the highest individual income of any region in Atlasia, and it is thanks to the stewardship of the Labor party for the past three years, who have refused to give in to the east coast tycoons and the special interests who want to sell your pension out from under you and use the proceeds to send your job to China!

I am a Laborite because the Labor party is the party of the common man. We don't need a bunch of slick Southern carpetbaggers to come up here and tell us how to run our state. We believe in the simple, straightforward principle of Thomas Jefferson and William Jennings Bryan: that if you legislate to put money in the hands of the ordinary working people, wealth and prosperity will spread to every class in every corner of the land. We believe, you might say, in trickle-up economics. That is why this government has passed laws to give power back to the ordinary workers and to break up the corrupt monopolies in government and out of it who hoard wealth and influence at the expense of the majority.

The people of this state are too smart to be taken in by charlatans and flashy gimmicks. They remember what it was like before when the Federalist party and the men in the Dishonest Alliance ran this region, and they're not about to put them in power again. That is why I do not believe the people who say you are going to vote for the opposition candidate in this district. I believe you are going to elect a Labor governor tomorrow, and you are going to elect a Labor senator from this district and a Labor majority in the House of Representatives!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2020, 09:29:04 PM »

Burley, Idaho
campaign event livestreamed on Idaho Labor website, social distancing enforced

I'm glad to be here today in Burley, where I've gotten the opportunity to chat with locals, both in-person and over phone, about the issues that matter to Idahoans. I've been pleasantly surprised and impressed by the dedication people here have to values of hard work and progress, and I'm proud to say that Labor shares these values. Both in Denver and in Nyman, Labor representatives have been working to make rural life here in Idaho - and across Atlasia - better. Recently, President Pericles signed a bill - spearheaded by Labor Senator Ted Bessell - to help expand rural broadband access to towns like Burley, and Labor representatives in and out of Nyman led early efforts to help contain the spread of the coronavirus. Meanwhile in Denver, despite major government turnover, Labor-led government has continued to be an efficient example for the nation - under the Truman ministry, a record amount of legislation has been debated and passed. Our record is proven - if you vote Labor this election, we'll continue to work hard in service of you - the people - instead of making empty, platitude-filled promises left unfulfilled when the polls close. I'd like to thank the great town of Burley once more for hosting this event, and I hope y'all can get out and vote Labor tonight!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2020, 09:45:03 PM »

Couer D'Alene, Idaho

selected remarks from meeting with former members of the Northern Idaho Green Party

As I've traveled Idaho, I've heard many questions from former Greens like you as to why Labor deserves your vote - and I believe the answer to this question, if you look at the records of the respective parties, is clear. Of the major parties, we have by far the most proven record of advocating for vigorous action against climate change and ecosystem destruction while also ensuring that no worker is left behind. In the 16th Parliament, I proposed a bill - the Green Futures bill - that both incentivizes clean-energy solutions and appropriates generous funding to combat the effects of climate change and cooperate with businesses and universities to develop cutting-edge green technology. As for worker's rights, I don't think my good friend First Minister Truman's sterling record of passing sweeping pro-labor legislation needs much introduction. Green values are also core planks in the Labor platform - and it's impossible to argue that the Federalists and the Democratic Alliance have done half as much for the environment than Labor. Ultimately, Labor is by far the party most likely to implement the reforms the Green Party advocated for - and more - and I hope you'll join us at the ballot box to make this vision reality.

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2020, 09:49:15 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2020, 10:21:26 PM by Clinton/Newsom/Straight Ticket D 2018 voter for Mike Garcia »

Radio Ad to air in two different variants in NY and MA

"Do you think that the Federalists are a mainstream party in line with your values? Well, think again. The Federalists will attack the right to choose and will roll back our gun safety laws. The Federalists have consistently opposed the right to choose at every level of government, and they opposed and will try to repeal Labor's common sense gun safety laws. Their dangerous radically right-wing agenda is wrong for Massachusetts, vote for your local Labor candidate instead. Vote Red PAC paid for and is responsible for the content of this ad."

"Do you think that the Federalists are a mainstream party in line with your values? Well, think again. The Federalists will attack the right to choose and will roll back our gun safety laws. The Federalists have consistently opposed the right to choose at every level of government, and they opposed and will try to repeal Labor's common sense gun safety laws. Their dangerous radically right-wing agenda is wrong for New York, vote for your local Labor candidate instead. Vote Red PAC paid for and is responsible for the content of this ad."

Vote Red PAC is a national Labor Party SuperPAC devoted to winning control of state legislature
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2020, 09:52:03 PM »

The following to be posted in public areas and circulated digitally until the election.

(1)

(1) Source: Own work.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2020, 09:54:00 PM »

Los Angeles, California

livestreamed remarks at socially distanced GOTV event

It's great to be back in the City of Angels tonight. I've just arrived from Denver, where First Minister Truman signed the Fremont Safer Policing Act. As we all know, the issue of police brutality has recently come into focus with the violent acts committed against individuals of color stunning and horrifying the nation. As elections approach, people like you have called for answers - and we at Labor are working to provide them. The Fremont Safer Policing Act, authored by my good friend Scott, is a revolutionary bill that takes aggressive steps to curb police violence while also creating a path to investment in alternate solutions, to ensure that communities of color are no longer subjected to repeated attacks from the broken legal system. And we've been fighting this fight for a while - a few months ago, we passed a sweeping criminal justice bill that directly combats racial discrimination in incarceration and criminal punishment. For leaders you can trust to be advocates for anti-racism interests, vote Labor for Mayor and in LA local elections - as our past record shows, we won't disappoint!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2020, 10:02:21 PM »

Radio Ads: Airing in Idaho, Iowa, North Dakota, and Los Angeles

"There are some politicians out there who are all talk and no action. Rambling on about half-issues that don't affect Fremonters, they exist only to serve themselves. But Labor is different. We have a proven record of fighting for the little man, unlike these shiny new political parties run by corporate cash from Wall Street. So get out and vote for Labor, so we can keep fighting for you."
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2020, 10:05:09 PM »

Excerpt from Rep. FalterinArc’s socially distanced speech in Des Moines, Iowa
People of Des Moines, at this point you’ve no doubt heard the stump
speeches, the radio ads, all of it. Now it’s time for you to decide. You have two choices, you can continue with Labor keeping our streets safe from assault weapons, cutting carbon emissions and expanding broadband to rural areas. Of course you have another choice, or you could choose which has introduced legislation to send small business owners to jail for hiring migrant workers, legislation that cracks down on our first amendment rights and amendments which cut down protections from the coronavirus. I ask you this, which seems like the right choice to you?
Crowd: Labor!
Yes! Now remember to vote tomorrow. Even if you get there five minutes before polls close, they cannot throw you out of line. If we have a good turnout the results will be very exciting tomorrow. Thank you for your time and have a good night!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2020, 10:19:33 PM »

This ad will go on as many billboards as possible in the states of Idaho and Iowa.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2020, 10:36:57 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2020, 10:42:17 PM by President Pericles »

A socially-distanced campaign event with mandatory masks was then held in the Bronx.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you very much. It's great to be here in the great state of New York. Very soon, you get to make a critical decision for the future of your state. Today, a washed-up Federalist politician [the crowd, knowing who I'm talking about, boos that person], that politician, was peddling their tired old right-wing talking points to the nation. They think you don't deserve a high minimum wage, or Dave forbid a living wage. Well, the facts are these-in every area of the country the actual living wage is higher than the current minimum wage, and much, much higher than what the Federalists wanted the minimum wage to be. And he also spread that fake news that the minimum wage increases unemployment. Well people here, if you get more money to spend through our living wage, you'll spend it. That will grow our economy and help get us through these tough times. It is a much better use of money than letting the fatcat CEOs rack up ever more millions and billions, people who will never spend it on our economy and will try get out of paying their fair of tax on that money. The Federalists think it's only good to give people more money when it's rich people, but Labor believe in you and our great team will fight for you in government.

And then, you have this guy going around and saying that somehow, the way to avoid austerity is to implement austerity. No! The way to avoid austerity is to elect a Labor government. Now more than ever, we can see the need for strong public services, the need for example to invest more in health. Their 'fiscal responsibility' BS really means less money for vital services that you depend on. Less money for health, education, infrastructure, and for police. Labor will always protect our vital public services. We recognise that government spending is usually for a good reason, rather than assuming it's waste, and support for the people of the Bronx is not waste according to the Labor Party.

Finally, they also are promoting their ideology of 'deregulation'. Yet again, this is a direct threat to you. Big corporations under their neoliberal ideology routinely rip off consumers like you and make us worse off, and worst of all their deregulation caused the Great Recession that wiped out so much wealth here. This economic recovery must be fair, and that's what Labor are fighting for. Labor will ensure that we regulate the economy responsibly, and protect consumers here and across the nation.  By holding the big corporations to account, a Labor government will look out for you and your interests. Unlike the Federalists, we won't give them the benefit of the doubt when they don't deserve it, we won't look the other way while they rip you off and leave you poorer.

The choice is clear. These elections do matter, so it is so important that you get out and vote. If you don't, the Federalists will win and they won't be on your side but for the elites. Their right-wing ideology will leave you worse off. Or, you can get out and vote for the Labor candidates. Then, you'll get a government that is on your side. We care about you, we will fight for you and we will make you and your family better off with our strong progressive government. Now, it's up to you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies