Labor NPC Campaigns thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 10:51:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor NPC Campaigns thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25
Author Topic: Labor NPC Campaigns thread  (Read 25064 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: May 17, 2021, 12:21:40 AM »

To run in Utah until the election.

Ad: "Train Nerds"

EXT. DESERT – DAY

Score: The Old Train

Open on a dusty green-and-white SIGNPOST indicating a railway stop. The "station" is deserted — the small platform is occupied by a few tumbleweeds and a lizard. As the narration plays, the camera slowly zooms out to reveal miles of open desert in every direction.

AUSTRALIAN SWING VOTER (V.O.)
These are pointless routes that serve very small cities over very long distances and would be a massive waste of government spending.

NARRATOR (V.O)
So said Australian Swing Voter, the DA leader in parliament, about a plan to expand high speed rail last year. He also said:

AUSTRALIAN SWING VOTER (V.O.)
This game has too many NUMTOTs and Train Nerds who can't accept ... how weak of a business case it possesses.

The camera zooms out more to reveal the landscape is a framed picture hanging in a lavish boardroom, where several heavy balding men with gold watches are laughing and smoking cigars.

NARRATOR (V.O.)
Everyone wants better infrastructure. Not everyone understands how to get there.

The Labor party supports practical and effective infrastructure spending to get you the biggest bang for your buck.

FADE IN text:

VOTE FOR AMANDA YOUNG ON MAY 29.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #476 on: May 17, 2021, 12:46:56 AM »

Blanding, Utah

Everyone wants better infrastructure. Not everyone understands how to get there.

Dear old Wicked Weatherboy has been harassing the Western people for months about his hugely expensive, unrealistic, Eastern elitist's transport plan. His latest idea is to build a train to nowhere across miles of desert at a cost to the taxpayer of millions of dollars.

The Labor party have a different idea. We are not so impressed by a plan dreamed up in a boardroom somewhere in South Carolina. We are in favor of practical and effective infrastructure spending that meets the needs of actual Utahans here in San Juan county and across this state!

We are not against rail altogether. But we want it to be built in places where commuter rail is efficient.

That is why we support finishing the Frémont Rail line through to Salt Lake City, and we support the expansion of the line to Provo.

Here in San Juan county, we support investing in local projects to repave roads and bridges, expand bus services, and encourage production of cheap electric vehicles to keep costs for the ordinary citizen low. We are in favor of local leadership on transport issues —and unlike the Dishonest Alliance, who only make promises, we have the record to back it up!

Last year the Denver parliament passed the Public Transportation Expansions/Connections Act to fund local transportation projects out of the regional treasury. This proposal ensures that localities have the resources they need to prosper without concentrating power in a central committee in Nyman or burdening the people with oppressive taxes.

The Labor party has kept its promises on transport. And we will continue to keep them.

The Dishonest Alliance say they are in favor of the local approach. But their record tells a different story.

In the last general election, the Dishonest Alliance candidates for parliament campaigned on solving the rural health crisis. But they did not vote for the Rural Health Act —they were nowhere to be found! If they do not keep their promises to rebuild rural hospitals, the people of Utah can hardly believe they will keep their promises to rebuild rural infrastructure.

There is only one party in this election with a solid record on transport. And that is the Labor party.

That is why Utahans are going to elect Amanda Young the next governor of this state. And you are going to elect a Labor majority along with her in the legislature!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #477 on: May 17, 2021, 12:57:39 AM »
« Edited: May 17, 2021, 04:24:59 PM by In hoc signo vinces ☩ »

Provo, Utah1
socially-distanced, masks-mandatory event, livestreamed on UT Labor website

Hello, Provo! It's great to be here with you all today, and I'd like to thank our student volunteers at BYU for providing us a venue as well as registering new voters.

I was recently in Salt Lake City, where I outlined the Utah Labor plan for expanding mass transit: instead of building trains through the desert, into areas of the state where the only inhabitants are lizards, snakes, toads, and a few jack rabbits, we're going to use funds from President Sestak's High Speed Rail Act to expand high speed rail between these two cities.

I am here with your mayor, Eli Richardson, to promote the plan that Labor and Amanda Young are lobbying for here in Utah. Make no mistake: Labor is for public transportation, and we have a record to prove it. Whether it's the Frémont Public Transportation Expansions/Connections Act that First Minister Truman signed last year, or the High Speed Rail Act which is expected to pass in spite of stiff opposition, it is clear that Labor is the party you can trust.

But as we've seen with the Democratic Alliance's plan, as well as one proposal in Lincoln that a prominent member of the DA criticized as wasteful spending, not all transportation projects are created equal. That DA member I am speaking of is my good friend Australian Swing Voter, who criticized the Lincoln plan as "pointless routes that serve very small cities over very long distances and would be a massive waste of government spending."

And he's right! While transportation advocates in Lincoln erred on this specific proposal, Frémont Labor is for PRACTICAL AND EFFECTIVE infrastructure spending! That is what we support. That is what First Minister Truman supports. That is what Amanda Young supports. And once she is sworn in with President Sestak's High Speed Rail Act signed into law, her first order of business will be to procure funding for the SLC-Provo rail.

This will help thousands of people, by expanding job opportunities for people to work in Salt Lake City and more easily commute from Provo, and helping our BYU students commute to and from school. It's a plan that is efficient and, unlike the DA's train to nowhere, is likely to be approved by the National Rail Authority once it is established.

The National Rail Authority will also be working in coordination with the new Civilian Conservation Corps to employ people who lost their jobs due to the pandemic. And I can assure you that everyone the CCC does employ, will be paid a living wage. This is consistent with Labor principles. This is consistent with responsible government that uses your tax dollars efficiently.

And now, with the removal of the disgraced former Governor Udall, Utah can turn the page with a new government that puts the people first. A government that is straightforward with the people it represents. And a governor who shares the same values that are instilled in our young people.

Meeting with students at Brigham Young University has been an honor, and they give me confidence that Utah will be in good hands going forward. We're going to address climate change and invest in nuclear energy. We're going to use your taxpayer dollars - which, thanks to Labor and the First Minister, you do not have to pay a dime to in Denver - in a way that is efficient and helps the most people without draining the Treasury.

Mayor Richardson will also be fighting for you, and I'm pleased to have him here to aid his campaign for Senate. A BYU graduate himself, Mayor Richardson will put the people of Provo first, and he will be among those shepherding legislation to accomplish our plan for high speed rail under the Labor-backed bill in Nyman.

I cannot stress enough the importance of records over rhetoric. I think you all know which party is campaigning on which.

Write it down: Frémont Labor is the transportation party. We're the party for the working men and women, as well as our young people, who strive for jobs and opportunity. For people who want to make this great country even greater, one neighborhood, city, state, and region at a time.

That is the New Great Society.

Thank you, Provo. Now I would like to introduce you to our candidate for Senate, your mayor, Eli Richardson!

1. https://www.niche.com/places-to-live/provo-utah-ut/ | photo accredited to Tanner M. Young
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #478 on: May 17, 2021, 03:03:26 AM »
« Edited: May 17, 2021, 03:22:36 AM by Speak No Evil for one month »

Bountiful, Utah1

Hello, Bountiful!

Well, no one can say your city doesn't live up to its name! In 1960, just over 17,000 people lived here. Now the city has a population of over 43,000 and growing. Northern Utah and the Wasatch Front in particular have seen big changes over the last half-century, thanks to rising birth rates as well as immigration.

And here in Utah, we welcome that growth. We welcome refugees and people running from oppression and authoritarian regimes. We welcome people who came to our country legally. And we understand that while people who want to contribute to our society should have a swift process in migrating here legally, walls do not build bridges.

The LDS Church has instilled these values of inclusion in those who are members of the faith, and while I come from a different religious tradition, I have great reverence for the community spirit that spreads over Bountiful and throughout the rest of Utah.

Here with me is State Representative Amanda Young, Labor's candidate for Governor who you are going to elect with a great mandate in the legislature that supports her reforms! Also with me are Paul Gideon, an elder for the local LDS Temple, and Raúl González, the son of Colombian immigrants. They are running for State Senate and State House respectively, and while Amanda has great plans for Utah, she needs a legislature that supports her and places their confidence in her.

We're reopening the doors of the Governor's Mansion. With the conviction and removal of Governor Udall which Amanda helped lead, we can turn the page to a cleaner, better Utah and ethical representation in Salt Lake City.

Some, I understand, believe that Labor is running a smear campaign for pointing out Mr. Ben Matheson's ties to radical neoliberalism. This is not an attack; one of the pioneers of the DA campaign defines himself as a "radical neoliberal" in his signature. And while Utah Neoliberal is entitled to his views, people must understand what neoliberalism entails and what that means for you.

Neoliberalism means tax cuts for the very wealthy, as was done in New Jersey. Neoliberalism means cuts to the social safety net. Neoliberalism means letting corporations and banks write their own rules. Neoliberalism means so-called "tort reform" which prevents victims of crime from seeking proper retribution.

And here in Utah, neoliberalism means claiming to be fiscally responsible while building a rail to nowhere in the desert.

This is not only a waste of taxpayer dollars; it violates common sense. And while it may provide a few temporary jobs in the short term, ultimately it does nothing to serve growing communities like these in the Wasatch Front.

Make no mistake: a neoliberal government that wastes your tax dollars is a bad deal for Utah.

Utah Labor's priorities are very different. Utah Labor supports practical and effective infrastructure spending that helps all communities, urban and rural, especially for cities like Bountiful and Logan. We're going to fix our roads, build new schools, and employ and support workers with a living wage while the private sector continues to recover.

An Amanda Young administration will be one of the most transparent administrations in history. That is what reopening the Governor's Mansion is all about: a clean administration that is straightforward with the people it is meant to serve.

And that is what a New Great Society is about. In order for a society to be great, people must have trust in institutions such as government, our schools, our towns and cities, and all our public amenities. But based on discussions I've had with Utahns across the state, the potential for that trust is still there. And faith in state government will be restored when Amanda Young is sworn in as your next governor!

An Amanda Young administration will take a zero-tolerance stance towards corruption within all departments of state government. The former governor will continue to be investigated for his role in the cover-up of senior COVID-19 deaths, as well as people close to the governor who had pre-knowledge of his reprehensible behavior and failed to report it to the proper authorities, or were complacent in the cover-up that the governor ordered.

While that investigation continues, we will also continue to vaccinate people of all ages and work to lower cases and COVID-related deaths. But we also need Utahns to do their part, to get vaccinated, and only then can COVID "hot spots" ease restrictions and return to a state of normalcy.

I, for one, am optimistic about Utah's future. Each day, more and more people are getting their first or second vaccines, and that number will only grow throughout the year. Schools will reopen. Businesses will reopen. Restaurants will be able to operate at full capacity without need for masks or social distancing.

Amanda Young shares that optimism, and as the author of corresponding legislation to implement Frémont's vaccination plan, you can rest assured that you have a governor who's personally invested herself in fighting this pandemic. Not because it helps any party or politician, but because it's the right thing to do.

I'm going to pass the mic over to Representative Young, and you will also get a chance to hear from our candidates for statehouse. We also have tables set up for our voter registration drive, which student members of Labor's youth wing have donated their time and energy towards during this strenuous campaign.

Thank you, Bountiful! Dave bless you, Dave bless Utah, and Dave bless the Republic of Atlasia!

1. https://www.abc4.com/news/local-news/utah-man-who-died-of-coronavirus-had-visited-bountiful-temple/
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #479 on: May 17, 2021, 08:20:56 AM »
« Edited: May 18, 2021, 09:03:27 AM by Scott🦋 »

Orem, Utah - Utah Valley University1

Good morning, Orem!

Once again, it's great to have the opportunity to speak at a university, where student volunteers are registering new voters as we speak!

According to reports, Utah is the youngest state in the country, clocking in at a median age of 31 years. That, combined with the population boom in Northern Utah and the Wasatch Front, means it cannot be overstated how much we need to invest in our young people. Through education, through renovating neighborhoods in a way that doesn't lead to unmitigated urban sprawl as we've seen in states like Virginia, and of course, through job opportunities.

I'm pleased to say that Orem, on the whole, is one of the safest cities in the country. In 2010, Forbes rated it the fifth best place to raise a family. And due to the high Mormon population in this city, Time magazine rated the Provo-Orem area as the best place to live for spiritual well-being.

Now, I understand that Orem is not necessarily a city where Labor's views on social issues are popular. Like all parties trying to compete this month, electoral success can only be possible if we nominate candidates who better reflect the values of the community and the big tent of our party. Here we've nominated two candidates for state legislature, who are outspoken in their views on life issues. Our candidate for statehouse is Elijah Love, a recent graduate of UVU, who if elected would be the first Haitian-Atlasian to win an office for state legislature. Also running is Orem City Council Member Amber Tompkins. Both these candidates are under 30, poly-sci majors, and regular citizens who want to represent Orem to the best of their ability, even if that includes diverging from the Labor Party on certain issues.

They are both devout members of the LDS Church here in Orem, and pro-life as they are, they believe that education is the most effective way of reducing the abortion rate without punishing women who are at their most vulnerable. Although I try not to wade too much into social and cultural issues at the expense of issues that directly affect Atlasians every day. And Orem has something going for it that ought to serve as a national model.

What I'm talking about, of course, is the Utah Valley Express. The Utah Valley Express, or UVX, is a commuter train that runs through much of the Wasatch Front. The Frontrunner train runs from Orem Central Station through the university and along University Parkway, through Orem's uptown near its southern boundary with Provo.

Now, you will probably agree with me when I say that UVX is most useful to cities like Orem - not old ghost towns and canyons in the desert.

[brief laughter from the audience]

Utah Labor wants to use our transportation dollars to expand these systems throughout the state based on this model, particularly in the state's fastest growing areas. As the youngest state in the country, Utah must be prepared to tackle challenges as they arise, particularly by building new schools and hiring new teachers.

And we must signal to our teachers that they are valued stewards of the next generation of Utahns, with adequate training and a living wage. While local families, and the Church, instill good moral values in its young people, so too must our schools set an example for the rest of the country by teaching basic virtues which are not tethered to any one religion or creed. From cleaning up local parks to serving one's country overseas, Utah is a state that values civic engagement. And that is especially important to the Mormon community.

Don't believe the Democratic Alliance when they tell you that me, or anyone else in Labor, are against the construction of new schools. But just as Rome wasn't built in a day, neither are new schools that are safe, stable, and serve the needs of new students - especially during a very serious pandemic that called on our nonessential workers to stay home.

Your President was kind enough to give me a tour of your university, and I am nothing short of amazed by the hospitable environment I was welcomed in. So long as great students like the kids here at Utah Valley University are leading the way, I have great confidence in the next generation of leaders.

And they share the exact same concerns about the environment they are inheriting, and the crises that might abound. Many of our students are being trained in fields to better understand the effects of climate change. And while Utah is a landlocked state, we understand that humanity fundamentally cannot be separated from nature, and that all will be affected by climate change in the coming years.

At the last Labor convention, we voted for nuclear power. I've said it once and I'll say it again: any plan for our environment that doesn't include nuclear is a nonstarter. But today's nuclear reactors are safer than they were fifty years ago, and also incredibly unlikely to result in accidents that we've seen at Three Mile Island or in Japan.

This is one issue that Labor and the Democratic Alliance agree on. Here, we follow the science. And while we understand that citizens are within their right to be concerned about the effects of nuclear power plants on their communities, we want to reach out to these communities directly before installing any new plants against the will of the people. But with all this vacant land that Utah has to offer, I believe this state is a great candidate for nuclear. And we hope to achieve that objective through education as well as investment in new plants, which will take years to build and even longer to become profitable.

But in our fight against climate change, this must be on the table. And as your governor, Amanda Young will speak directly with community leaders before signing off on any nuclear agreement. And input from constituents is always a top priority for Amanda, as well as local scientists and local leaders.

I would now like to introduce you all to Elijah Love, a Haitian immigrant who moved here with his parents at the age of four and has since proven that success in academia is possible for all people, regardless of their background, regardless of past language or cultural barriers. I can tell you that because my friend Elijah graduated from Utah Valley University summa cum laude. Labor is excited to have him with us today, and it is my honor to introduce you to his public debut as a candidate for office.

Ladies and gentlemen, please join me in giving a warm welcome to Mr. Elijah Love!

1. Copyright: (AP Photo/Rick Bowmer)
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #480 on: May 18, 2021, 12:33:30 AM »

Atlantic City, New Jersey
socially-distanced, masks-mandatory event, livestreamed on NJ Labor Website

Good evening, Atlantic City!

Change is in the air, here in New Jersey and across Atlasia. Thanks to the leadership of three Labor Presidents, we're at last on the cusp of beating COVID, with the deadly virus in retreat from coast to coast and an extremely effective vaccination program protecting millions of Atlasians from the coronavirus over just a few weeks. Businesses are reopening, sports teams are playing for live crowds again, and bit by bit, a return to life without lockdowns is within sight. Under Labor governance in Nyman, we masked up and kept our distance - and now, our holistic, science-based response is paying dividends. We're going to see the end of this pandemic through, together.

But here in the Garden State, it's time for another sort of change. While Labor has provided excellent leadership on COVID across the board - while continuing to fight for New Great Society programs that advance the standard of living and wellbeing for working New Jerseyans, the DA government in Trenton and their Lincoln representatives hasn't been nearly as active. As far as folks can tell, their platform appears to be trains - which are far from a mend-all solution? I mean, trains don't help urban poverty. Trains don't help ensure that the rights of workers are protected, and that they can get a living wage. And trains most certainly do not address the issue of legalized racial discrimination that has plagued Atlasia - and New Jersey - for years. And that's not to mention DA's habit of supporting regressive bills in the Lincoln Council - from a badly written law endorsing right-wing scaremongering about so-called 'diversity training', to an affirmative action ban that would effectively be a tax on minority students admitted to schools through any policy vaguely construed as 'affirmative action'. It's time for new leadership in New Jersey, and the Labor Party - which has stood by the working man both before and during the pandemic, with legislative activity to show for it - is ready to take up the mantle and lead all New Jerseyans, not just the rich elite, into a prosperous future.

Over the coming days, I'll be working to share New Jersey Labor's vision across the state, working with my good friend, former Councillor S019, your next Governor, Cory Norcross, and many bright, energetic folks that want to enact real, lasting change in Trenton. I look forward to seeing what the Garden State has the offer, and I'm already extremely grateful to the excellent welcome and hospitality Atlantic City has given me. If we work together for this movement to bring progress and change to New Jersey, there's no telling how far we can go - so let's do it!

Thank you, Atlantic City! Mask up, stay safe, and vote Labor up and down the ballot this May!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #481 on: May 18, 2021, 01:27:53 AM »
« Edited: May 18, 2021, 01:36:14 AM by Scott🦋 »

San Francisco, California1
socially-distanced, masks-mandatory event, livestreamed on CA Labor Website

Good evening, San Francisco! I'm glad that I was able to finally make a stop at the 415 during this latter half of our campaign. I'm here with your mayor, Nora Chu, as we reflect on the past several months, what we've been doing, and what we're going to do moving forward.

First, while the Democratic Alliance would have you believe that Mayor Chu has done nothing in her tenure, nothing could be further from the truth! While the Democratic Alliance likes to brand itself as the transportation party, under Mayor Chu's tenure, and with the aid of the First Minister's Frémont Public Transportation Expansions/Connections Act of 2020, San Francisco's lines have been vastly expanded from Warm Springs station to Cupertino through the San Jose and Santa Clara/Mineta Airport, Antioch to Brentwood, Dublin to Livermore, Richmond to Vallejo, a second Trans-Bay tube line, running from Daly City to MacArthur, Union Square, and Alameda, among so many other expansions.

In addition, we have also completed the Central Subway extension to the San Francisco North Beach through Chinatown, and worked to add dedicated right-of-ways for MUNI Metro lines, as well as the Fort Mason streetcar project, and Dumbarton Rail Bridge and extending Caltrain from Redwood City to Fremont.

And this is just a few of the expansions of public transportation we've seen while Mayor Chu has been in power. And while it is true she is somewhat of a quiet mayor, we must dispel the notion that she simply hasn't done anything. She, like all the other Labor mayors and governors in Frémont, has been working diligently with Denver as well as members of Congress in Nyman to help deliver PRACTICAL AND EFFECTIVE infrastructure spending to the people of San Francisco. No pork barrel spending. No desert trains to nowhere.

Mayor Chu has been an effective and transparent mayor, having overseen record numbers of people in the city receive their COVID-19 vaccinations, at times even personally helping carry the vaccines herself to promote their availability.

And, as a Chinese-Atlasian herself, Mayor Chu is all too familiar with the anti-Chinese sentiment that's widespread in San Francisco as well as other cities and states throughout the country.

Mayor Chu knows this because she, herself, has seen the outside of her office vandalized, and on two occasions has had to call for police help when ignorant racists tried physically attacking and stalking her. Mayor Chu is the perfect example of a victim of sinophobia, and she knows first-hand about the dangers of wild conspiracy theories that have been making their rounds across social media.

But those aren't San Franciscan values. And racism has absolutely no place in this city, region, or country.

But to our Asian-Atlasian constituents, I can promise you this: Mayor Chu knows and shares your struggles, of combating racism in addition to the pandemic. And she's not going to stop fighting until San Franciscans of Asian descent can feel fully safe walking the streets, and as many people are vaccinated as possible so as to promote herd immunity and allow schools and businesses to reopen again.

As I've been saying all throughout our campaign in Frémont, better days are ahead. Tourism already started picking back up with the start of spring break, and this summer, our city will be fully open for business without need for masks, social distancing, or for eateries to operate at half-capacity.

We are seeing a return to normalcy and stability in San Francisco!

And our work is only beginning. While the blueprint for San Francisco's public transportation expansion is already there, Nyman is on the cusp of approving more plans for transportation with the passage of President Sestak's High Speed Rail Act.

But the opposition has been firm, and while we're confident it will pass, we need all people on Labor's House slate to vote for passage of this legislation. So call your congresspeople and tell them to vote FOR the High Speed Rail Act!!

And with that, I'll be letting Mayor Chu say a few words. But get vaccinated, and once you are fully vaccinated, you will no longer need to wear a mask or follow CDC guidelines. And the sooner enough people have been vaccinated for herd immunity to be achieved, restrictions will no longer be necessary.

So do your part, San Francisco. Get vaccinated, and reelect Mayor Chu on May 29th!

Thank you all, and good night!

1. https://www.sfaf.org/collections/beta/san-francisco-reaches-new-historic-low-number-of-hiv-infections-in-2017/
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #482 on: May 18, 2021, 03:54:51 AM »
« Edited: May 18, 2021, 04:01:15 AM by Scott🦋 »

Camden, New Jersey1

Greetings to the city, and to the fine people of CAMDEN!

Now I know you're all fired up right now, so tell me, who's ready for change in the Garden State!?

[audience roars]

I can't hear you!!

[audience roars even louder]

That's right! New Jersey, you've been handed a bad deal these past several months, being governed by a center-to-center left party, depending on how they feel on a given day I suppose, with milquetoast centrists and backed by neoliberals and neoliberal interests.

And while that's all well and good for the very wealthy in the state, it does nothing to solve the problems of urban poverty. It does nothing to help rebuild once-prosperous cities like Camden, and it does nothing to fix the state's broken education system. You see, while the Democratic Alliance flies over to Utah and criticizes Labor for failing to build new schools during a pandemic, Camden recently closed three public schools back in January. As a result, approximately 1,000 students will be affected.

That means bigger class sizes, and that means more pressure on our dedicated teachers. These old school buildings are falling apart, student grades have been failing, and as more of these students grow up and flee Camden for opportunities in California or Texas, the rest of the city suffers with that void of talent and contribution to the state's safety net.

My friends, we need a New Great Society for a new New Jersey!

And instead of pontificating on other regions' infrastructure while neglecting our own, New Jersey Labor will invest in Camden and other cities facing similar problems in the state.

This is not a time to get complacent, New Jersey. This is not a time to be satisfied with the milquetoast, mushy centrist leadership coming out of Trenton. No, we do not need temporary band-aids or quick fixes. We need a long-term plan here in the Garden State. We need real infrastructure. We need newer, but more importantly, better, schools. And we need results.

I've said it time and time again in my home region of Frémont that records speak louder than words. But instead we've been hearing a whole lotta rhetoric and seeing very little results! And the people of New Jersey know better. New Jersey is home to some of the most prestigious colleges and universities in the country. But a great national reputation in higher education is useless when none of our students can make it in these universities.

I promise you this, New Jersey: when you elect Cory Norcross as your next governor and send him a mandate in the statehouse, Labor will set out to accomplish everything that the Democratic Alliance promised you. We'll get it done here like we got it done in Frémont. And don't let nobody tell you it can't be done. Don't let nobody tell you that cities like Camden and working-class communities can't be salvaged.

I assure you, my friends, they can. And starting next month, they will.

We're going to empower our local unions. And this is the point in my speech where I'd like to formally extend my welcome to people from the Camden Teachers Union.

We've got one of your own right here! I'll get more into that in just a second.

But the unions have a special place in our culture here in the Garden State. We fight for all working-class. Not just the white working-class, but the entire working-class. And true to its name, the Labor Party welcomes anyone and everyone who understands and values the dignity of work.

Now with me here is Mr. Darnell Sutton, a former teacher for what used to be Cramer Elementary. And just like the rest of youse, Mr. Sutton's mad as hell at the conditions of our primary schools here in Camden. Mr. Sutton understands that a person's formative years are the most important years of a person's life. A science teacher, he prepared Camden students to compete in a globalized, information-based economy. And now he's running to be your next State Representative, where he'll be a consistent advocate for the people of Camden and other cities where schools are closing and our students are under-served.

Now I'm gonna hop off and let Mr. Sutton take things from here. I'm counting on you, New Jersey. Elect Cory Norcross and Mr. Sutton as Labor's candidates for change in the Garden State. 'Cause if ya don't, you guys can bet I'll be back and next time I won't be as nice.

[audience laughter]

Dave love ya, New Jersey! Thank you!

1. Phil Cohen, Postcard Images of Camden, NJ
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #483 on: May 18, 2021, 05:04:09 AM »
« Edited: May 18, 2021, 06:27:58 AM by Scott🦋 »

Logan, Utah1
socially-distanced, masks-mandatory event, livestreamed on UT Labor Website

[State Representative Amanda Young is wrapping up her opening speech and introduces former Vice President Scott, who is greeted with thunderous applause as he enters the podium]

Thank you kindly, Amanda, for that great introduction! Isn't she great, folks? Isn't she going to make a great governor?

[audience roars again]

I know she will! Oh, I know she will!

Well, what can I say, Logan. It's been a heck of a flight to San Francisco and then to New Jersey and then back here in Utah. But I'm not tired yet! And let me tell you something, Logan: while the DA may have struck some luck in some of their states, New Jersey is not one of them.

While Eastern interests come here and lecture you about the state of our schools, they have sadly been neglecting their own. Just this past January, three public schools in Camden were closed down. The schools in Camden are falling apart. A thousand students and their families are being directly affected by this... frankly reprehensible neglect. And while our friends in the Democratic Alliance do deserve credit for raising teacher pay, the state of the public education system is still beyond atrocious. And because of those three school closures, teachers will soon be preparing themselves to take on even bigger class sizes, when they are already so overwhelmed.

I'll tell you this much: if the DA wants a state to hold up as a model of its success, it had better look elsewhere. Because what I saw in Camden was nothing short of appalling, and certainly nothing that we want replicated here in Logan.

If I can promise you one thing today, Logan, it is that we will build new schools in this city. Here in Logan, we're opening new schools - not closing them. And after we build those schools, we are going to maintain those schools and maintain them well, so that their infrastructure is always up to date, and as a result, teachers will enjoy smaller class sizes - the opposite of what is happening in New Jersey.

It's all part of Labor's plan for practical and effective infrastructure in the Beehive State. And while I can't speak for all the regions, Frémont can afford it. We can afford it with a superb, fiscally responsible First Minister leading a fully unified Commonwealth to the post-pandemic future. And no matter what the outcome after May 29th, Utah will continue to see new schools in our growing population areas, built and fully funded by your Parliament in Denver.

Once again, I am proud to be speaking to all of you, including a great number of student Labor volunteers from Utah State University, who are another proud part of our statewide effort to get as many voters registered as possible. Those of you who are not yet registered are free to sign up at any time during and for a short time after our rally today.

This election's a big deal, folks. We know what is at stake. The party that brands itself as the party of transportation has fallen short of a plan that efficiently spends your tax dollars in this state. The party that criticizes the state of the schools in our Commonwealth has failed to serve its own.

I've said it time, and time, and time again: records, not rhetoric, produce results.

The choice could never be more clear, Utah. Under Governor Young and party leadership in Salt Lake City, our state will continue to live up to its name as one of the best states to receive an education. We will continue to instill good moral values in our young people. We never acquiesce. We never quit. Here in Utah, once something is accomplished, we immediately seek out our next challenge.

This election isn't about me, it's not about Amanda Young, it's not about First Minister Truman, and it's not about the scores of Labor candidates for statehouse, both districts we are defending as well as districts we hope to pick up. It is about you, the people of Utah. The people who work every day to support their families and keep Utah up where it needs to be up in national rankings, and down where things need to be down in national rankings.

Keep fighting the good fight, Utah. I know you'll make the right choice on May 29th. I know it because you always do.

Thank you, Logan. Dave bless you, Dave bless our volunteers, Dave bless this great city and state, and, as always, may Dave continue to bless the Republic of Atlasia!

1. https://www.acdccleaning.com/logan-utah.html
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #484 on: May 18, 2021, 01:13:40 PM »

Cape May, New Jersey

Good day, Cape May!

Nearly nine years ago, Hurricane Sandy came ashore just north of here and brought incalculable devastation to the Jersey shore. 37 people were killed, many more left with their homes destroyed, and the tourism industry - a lifeline for many working South Jerseyans - was forced into hibernation. A similar cataclysm for small businesses happened due to COVID, but thanks to Labor leadership that has beaten the pandemic back while also ensuring working Atlasians receive the support they need, South Jersey has been spared the worst of it.

Sandy brought some of the worst devastation New Jersey has ever seen. But with the effects of climate change worsening, it's not an 'if', but 'when' the next Hurricane Sandy - powered by increasingly warm waters in the Atlantic - will strike.

Labor has been sounding the alarm on climate change for years. Just recently, we passed the Red-Green New Deal, which will begin a monumental switch away from the fossil fuels that have contributed immensely to the global warming that threatens to create more extreme weather systems that we can handle. Part of our vision for a New Great Society are cities, towns, and rural farmland alike all powered by clean, low-emissions energy sources - and if y'all elect Cory Norcross and a strong Labor majority to Trenton, we'll work from Day One to make it reality. We will invest in and expand clean energy construction across ALL of New Jersey. We will offer loans for solar power so every New Jerseyan, rich or poor, can afford to install personal solar panels, saving the environment as well as an appreciable chunk of their energy bill. And, we will research an expansion of safe, potent nuclear power, which has the potential to power millions of New Jersey homes without a drop of fossil fuels.

But here in the Garden State, Labor isn't just going to fight climate change. We're going to work to mitigate its effects across the state, and ensure that folks here on the Jersey Shore are protected from weather cataclysms. We're going to review and refine evacuation plans. We're going to work with universities and the private industry to update New Jersey's weather forecasting systems, so we can have the advanced warning we need to keep New Jerseyans safe. And, we'll work to ensure homes and businesses on the Jersey Coast are built to code and are protected as much as possible from the effects of a potential natural disaster. As global warming continues, it is imperative that disaster preparedness improves, and New Jersey Labor is ready to get to work and guarantee the safety of folks here in Cape May.

And now, I'd like to hand the mic over to your State Senate candidate - Councillor Monty Bright. During his time on the Cape May city council, Councillor Bright fought for small businesses reliant on the tourism industry, and has been a fierce advocate for supporting them as demand has cratered thanks to the coronavirus pandemic. As New Jersey - and Atlasia at large - reopens, y'all can count on him to fight for you in Trenton.

Thank you, Cape May! Mask up, stay safe, and vote Labor this May!

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #485 on: May 18, 2021, 10:44:08 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2021, 12:30:24 AM by Scott🦋 »

North Salt Lake, Utah1

Good evening, North Salt Lake!

You know, I gotta say, it's a shame that the Democratic Alliance - especially in Utah and in Frémont of all places, which has among the best education systems in the country - fails to give due credit for the reforms that we have made here, to make Utah and every other state in our Commonwealth national leaders in education.

As Member of Parliament, I shepherded legislation which fundamentally rethought education in the region. Thanks to the Curriculum Reform Act, all backed by Labor and opposed by the opposition, we have fundamentally rethought how and what students ought to learn. I can't help but be envious myself of what students in our high schools are going to be learning: practical hands-on skills through the teaching of current events, general business, and basic legal education.

This ensures that even students who don't go to university learn useful life skills directly outside in the classroom, in the professional world. What I like to call, 'the art of adulting'. And while this is not a novel proposal, it is the first of its kind in Atlasia, and I hope that other regions will look toward us as a model.

But I understand the fundamental issue at hand in this campaign is reducing class sizes, which, I repeat, is coming from the same party that saw three public schools close on their watch in New Jersey. The problem of overcrowded schools in New Jersey is so bad that polls show the concerned parents of the state are ready to throw the DA out of Trenton, even if they do win the Utah governorship.

But we're not gonna let that happen, are we folks?

[crowd boos]

No. No, we are certainly not.

But what bothers me most about the DA's critique of our schools is that they fail to acknowledge the circumstances of the past year. With a sufficient number of our workers having been vaccinated, new schools here are being built. They are being built by the same people employed by our new Civilian Conservation Corps. They are being built by people who are being paid a living wage - that's one point we've brought up repeatedly in this campaign that, unsurprisingly, a neoliberal party has little interest in addressing.

But the fact of the matter is that the DA has not made the case for Ben Matheson. And on education, they have simply ceded credibility on the overcrowding of schools. And if you don't believe me, you can ask the students of Cramer Elementary, Sharp Elementary, and Wiggins College Preparatory Lab School. Because those are the schools in DA-run New Jersey that will be closing at the end of this school year.

Instead of replicating DA's poor education record in New Jersey, the people of Utah are moving forward with new schools. And based on discussions I've had with the mayors of Logan and several other Utah cities slated to have new schools, these schools are being built quickly and on pace for the fall semester.

And they specifically credit Labor-backed initiatives like the new CCC for providing them the funding, workers, and resources to build these schools. And I emphasize that they are being built and completed at a time when it is safe for our workers.

Don't be fooled, Utah. Don't let yourselves be gaslighted by a party that's allowed three schools to close under its watch without explanation, and send one thousand students to be packed in tighter classrooms for the next year.

I'm now going to pass the mic on to your State Senator, Glenn Edith. While internal polling shows a close race, I know that the people of North Salt Lake are going to push him and Amanda Young over the finish line on May 29th.

Vote on results, not on rhetoric. Vote for the education party. Vote Labor.

1. https://www.nslcity.org/
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #486 on: May 18, 2021, 11:34:39 PM »

Bluff, Utah

The lying, cheating Dishonest Alliance do not know when to quit! Since their plan to build a train to nowhere has inspired four-year-old boys everywhere and put hundreds of unemployed comedians back to work, they have been desperately searching for a new gimmick with which to distract the public. They believed they had found it in class sizes in public schools.

I do not know if you have seen this ad which the Dishonest Alliance picture writers released yesterday. In it they promise to reduce class sizes in public schools to a maximum of thirty students per teacher if only the people of Utah will elect their candidates.

I know you are all growing wise to the Dishonest Alliance routine here in Utah. And you will not be surprised to learn that this is all, totally, bunk.

The Labor party has always made delivering quality public education a top priority in all our years in power. That is why my government passed the Public Education Act, now more than four years ago, to keep the student-teacher ratio in Frémont public schools at or below twenty to one!

Your government has spent $100 million dollars a year every year since 2017 to do far more than the Dishonest Alliance are proposing. They are not only late, but far less ambitious.

So in light of this fact, what are we to conclude about the startling factual inaccuracy of the latest opposition television spot?

Either the opposition leaders are so completely ignorant of the actual conditions in Utah that they cannot even pander properly (this would not be a great surprise)

—or, they are simply liars, who know exactly what the facts are but just do not care.

Can anyone tell me which is worse?

I have come here to Utah because the people of this state are my brothers and sisters. You deserve far better than the inexplicably incompetent campaign the Dishonest Alliance are running.

Their ideas are laughable because they know nothing about Utah to begin with. They do not understand the people, and they do not understand our way of life.

The pollsters say that in spite of all this they are about to walk into the governor's house. But I am not worried.

The people of Utah are an intelligent people. And I know they will never vote for the Dishonest Alliance or any of their crooked candidates.

I believe you are going to elect Amanda Young the next governor of this state. And you are going to elect a Labor majority along with her in the legislature!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #487 on: May 19, 2021, 12:13:28 AM »

Hanksville, Utah

When I arrived in this state now eight days ago, I said that we are engaged in the greatest human endeavor. I said that the Labor party must declare a war on corruption, wherever it exists —in business, in politics, and in the press.

The first battle of this war was fought on the floor of the Senate and the House of Commons of this state to remove the lying, cheating ex-governor of this state. We won that fight —thanks to the courage of the people of Utah, our members of all parties in the legislature, and the leadership of Amanda Young, who I know you are all anxious to see.

The second battle is the one you will fight on May 29. That is the fight to run the corrupt, carpetbagging rich man's opposition candidates back to South Carolina.

The opposition leaders have made many brave promises to the people of Utah. Not one of those promises has so far been kept.

They promised to represent the rural communities in this state. But when the opportunity arose to vote to pass the Rural Health Act —an act which will spend $2 billion in 2021 to build more hospitals and hire more doctors in rural areas —they did not even show up for the vote.

They promised to improve rural infrastructure. Their plan to achieve this is to build a train to nowhere that will cross miles of uninhabited desert at a tremendous cost to the taxpayer.

They promised to reduce class sizes. But the plan they put forward is less ambitious than what Labor passed four years ago, and that we have worked closely with local districts here in Utah and across Frémont to implement.

The opposition say they stand for new ideas. But everything they have offered the voters is either a lie, an impracticality, or has simply already been done.

That is why I call them the Dishonest Alliance.

For the last four years, the Labor party has been the steady friend of the farmers and the working people of this state. We passed the Rural Health Act; we renewed the 2020 farm bill, to support farmers struggling in the difficult global economy; we passed the transportation bill to rebuild your roads and bridges.

We passed the Public Education Act to keep the student-to-teacher ratio at or below twenty-to-one, raised teacher pay, ended teaching to the test, and abolished the old corrupt funding formula so that rural districts like the one here in Hanksville get the money they need to provide every child a world-class education.

For all their talk, the Dishonest Alliance have never lifted a finger to help us. They are always the last to charge and the first to retreat. They do not care about us, and they do not understand our way of life.

The people of Utah are beginning to wake up to their lies. They have got the Dishonest Alliance on the run.

In ten days you are going to finally send them back where they came from —back to the swampy bayous of South Carolina, where they cannot bother us anymore.

You are going to elect Amanda Young the next governor of this state. And you are going to elect a Labor majority along with her in the legislature!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #488 on: May 19, 2021, 12:47:44 AM »

Vineland, New Jersey

Good evening, Vineland! Lovely night here.

A core foundation of New Jersey Labor is governing for all New Jerseyans - not just wealthy folks in the big cities and suburbs. We're not the party of Wall Street or big money donors - we're the party of the people, and we derive our ideas and values from working folks, not staid corporate boardrooms tucked in high towers. Governance by politicians in the pocket of wealthy Wall Street financiers - which is the status quo down in Trenton - has never failed to leave regular folks in the dust, with taxpayer funds funneled straight to megacorporations and the pet projects of billionaires. New Jersey Labor is fighting to end this cycle. We're going to ensure equal rights, equal opportunity, for all, whether they're from a South Jersey farm, Newark public housing, or a cushy suburban life in Princeton. And with your support, we're going to ride a grassroots wave into Trenton and bring hope and change to the Garden State as we begin to put the COVID pandemic behind us and Build Back Better!

A key part of our New Great Society plan for New Jersey is education - the basis of opportunity, with jobs and wages tied directly to the skills and crafts learned in the classroom. But, especially here in New Jersey, the public school system has been marred with inequality. While the rich and powerful funnel their kids to prestigious prep schools, regular New Jerseyans are forced to rely on an underfunded, understaffed public school system, taught by teachers who are not receiving nearly enough pay for their efforts. Labor aims to change this. We're going to make a historic investment in underperforming public schools - both in inner cities and in historically underfunded districts here in South Jersey. We're going to slash class sizes and ensure every student, regardless of what school they attend, has equal access to a strong curriculum and a holistic mental health support network. We're going to give teachers - who do the thankless, yet critical task of passing on humanity's collective knowledge to the next generation - the pay and benefits they deserve. And, we're going to guarantee every New Jerseyan that meets basic grade requirements a community college education. Unlike other parties, which prefer to tax minority students who happen to apply to schools they see as practicing affirmative action, New Jersey Labor will go the other way and actively open doors for the Garden State's most marginalized - rather then punishing them for attempting to get out of poverty through studiousness and hard work.

Folks, we're at a turning point. It's time to reject the mushy centrist government in Trenton, and elect a Governor and a Legislature that will prioritize progressive action over satisfying Big Money donors. It's time for a Labor renewal in New Jersey!

And now, I'd like to welcome Janette Volstead to the stage. Miss Volstead, as her 27-years worth of students called her, has been a dedicated teacher here in Vineland for as long as most folks can remember. She's seen the consequences that underfunded public schools can have on students - and teachers - and after a long career of public service is ready and eager to go to Trenton and fight for both her kids and her colleagues! Let's give her the warm welcome she deserves!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #489 on: May 19, 2021, 01:09:50 AM »

Camden, New Jersey

Hello, Camden!

Recently, and rightfully so, we've faced a reckoning about police brutality, and more broadly, disturbing trends in the criminal justice system. While most of the history books say that the struggle for civil rights concluded when Lyndon B. Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act, folks here in Camden know the truth. They know that you can still be imprisoned, beaten, taken from your jobs, businesses, families, and face harsher sentences and treatment, all on account of the color of your skin. Some privileged politicians, who happen to currently be leading your state, are turning a blind eye to this New Jim Crow, dismissing the struggle of minority New Jerseyans as scaremongering and crack political theory. But while for them, it might be a theory, for the folks on the wrong end of the gun, it is daily life. It is time to elect a government that will not turn away, that will NOT back down from these difficult issues! It is time for a Labor government in Trenton that will fight to end legalized discrimination and live up to the lofty words of our Founding Fathers!

To combat the New Jim Crow, New Jersey Labor will counter with a New Great Society - programs for working people with a unifying philosophy: ensuring that every New Jerseyan, regardless of wealth, color, or creed, has an equal opportunity to pursue their dreams, an equal opportunity for a good-paying job, and the right to put a roof above their heads and food on the table for their families. And it starts with a hard look at the criminal justice system this state currently has.

Here in Camden, we saw an example of what police reform could look like, when the city's police force was disbanded and rebuilt from the ground up. And while it was a significant improvement over the old one, some community members still felt left out. New Jersey Labor is committed to changing this. We're going to bring folks from across communities together to discuss solutions to reform local police departments. We will ensure that no one is left out, that all can have their voices heard. And we're going to move forward with legislation that will hold men in uniform accountable to their actions, and work broadly to ensure that they work with and uplift the folks they swore an oath to protect, rather then work against and degrade people just for the color of their skin.

And, our push for equity and a progressive future with truly equal opportunity for all New Jerseyans won't stop there. We're going to scrub discriminatory statute from the books. We will vet the criminal justice system from top to bottom - police to judges to prison officials - to ensure that everyone who passes through it has a fair shake, and a fair chance to defend themselves. We'll begin a renewed focus on rehabilitation, to ensure that folks in prison have a chance to build themselves back and return to society. And, we'll crack down on discriminatory housing policy that aims to force poorer minorities into limited geographic areas. Unlike others before us, we're not afraid to take these issues on - and as Labor's strong record of legislative activity in Nyman shows, you can count on us to get it done. So there's no time to waste - vote for Governor Cory Norcross and your local Labor candidates for comprehensive criminal justice reform and a new day for minority communities here in the Garden State!

Thank you, Camden! Mask up, stay safe, and vote Labor up and down the ballot this month! The first round is right around the corner - so let's stay strong and bring this baby home!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #490 on: May 19, 2021, 01:44:44 AM »

Cedar City, Utah1

Good evening, Cedar City!

Folks, the Democratic Alliance has been selling you nothing but falsehoods. They have failed to justify their pork barrel rail projects. They have failed to explain themselves for allowing three public New Jersey schools to close. They have failed to present a case for why Utahns should ditch Labor for a party that doesn't know the state and doesn't know the region. And if elected, they will fail to take care of our schools.

Education continues to be a pressing issue, but it's not because Labor's been sitting on its thumbs. Contrast the school closures and inevitable over-packing of classrooms on their watch with the $100 billion Labor spends annually on reducing the average number of students per teacher in their schools to a ratio of 20:1 with the Horace Mann Twenty-First Century Public Education Act.

As the First Minister was telling me earlier, sometimes we get so caught up on attacking the other side for their lies that we neglect to mention our accomplishments! And that's because there's just so many to count - from passing a regional living wage to a renewed Civilian Conservation Corps to historical curriculum reform to vast increases in education spending.

But no matter the accomplishment, Labor was there for all of it. The Democratic Alliance simply was not. And they are pointing towards temporary pandemic-related interruptions of new school construction to distract from their failure to merely keep schools open in one of their own states this cycle.

It is desperate. It is disgraceful. And that's what has earned them the nickname the "Dishonest Alliance".

But even my friend, Utah Neoliberal, told the people of this state just a couple days ago that the resources for new schools are there!

What he didn't tell you, is why they are there.

But even if DA's criticism is merely that we haven't been building fast enough, they continue to conveniently forget to mention that only now are we coming out of a great pandemic - thanks in no small part to vaccine legislation introduced by Speaker Siren and corresponding legislation sponsored by Amanda Young.

No doubt that on both a federal and regional level, Labor has been leading the fight against COVID. We passed the numerous stimulus legislation. We passed a UBI to help people over the course of the pandemic. During my last term in the Senate, we revived the New Deal-era Civilian Conservation Corps, designed specifically to provide immediate public works jobs to unemployed workers as our economy emerges from the pandemic.

No matter how many pork-filled platitudes the Democratic Alliance has been selling you, the fact of the matter is that while Labor was authoring these huge initiatives to flatten the curve, invest in research, and revive our economy, the DA wrote nunnavit!

The DA had no role in making Frémont a workers' paradise where no one except for the very wealthy pay a dime to Denver. The DA had no role in ending triple-taxation. The DA just. Wasn't. There.

Now as we turn the page to this new chapter for our state and our Commonwealth, we need trusted, experienced leadership with a record of getting things done. Not neglecting public schools and letting them close in pursuit of unnecessary rail projects, but actually making a difference in the lives of the people who elected us on every level of government.

A vote for Amanda Young and a strong Labor mandate in the statehouse is a vote affirming all that we're proud to have accomplished in the last two years - including holding one of our own accountable for the trust that we and the people of Utah placed in him. We pledge nothing short of opportunity and prosperity for all and special privileges for none.

That is the Labor record. And that is why you are going to vote Labor up and down the ballot on the 29th.

To further outline her vision for our state of building on our progress, I'm pleased to introduce you to our next speaker, my friend and your next governor, Ms. Amanda Young!!

1. https://slacklawfirm.com/
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #491 on: May 19, 2021, 01:52:04 AM »
« Edited: May 19, 2021, 12:15:32 PM by Unconditional Surrender Truman »

Torrey, Utah

The Dishonest Alliance are collapsing all over this state.

We have got them on the run!

They thought they would be able to bamboozle the public with their flashy ads and incredible promises. But the people of Utah are not so easily taken in.

I believe that when the votes are counted, Amanda Young will be elected by a large majority. And it will be thanks to you, the farmers and the working people of Utah!

I have observed many times that the Dishonest Alliance platform is one string of lies after another. This is never more true than when they start talking about rural issues.

In the last general election the Dishonest Alliance candidates campaigned on solving the rural health crisis. But when I proposed the Rural Health Act —a law that orders the commonwealth government to spend $2 billion in 2021 to build more hospitals and hire more doctors in rural areas —they did not vote for it. One of their members, who had made many loud declarations of his dedication to this issue, did not even show up for the vote. He skipped town a short time after and has not been seen since.

If the Dishonest Alliance do not keep their promise to improve rural health, why should we believe they will keep their promise to improve rural infrastructure?

We do not have to ask if they will keep their promise to reduce class sizes. That is because the Labor party has already done this.

Four years ago your government passed the Public Education Act to establish universal preschool, raise teacher pay, and keep the student-to-teacher ratio at or below twenty-to-one. This act was proposed by the Labor party, and successive Labor parliaments have voted to extend it every year since 2018.

So when I say that the Labor party believes in smaller class sizes, I am not talking about some fairytale of the distant future. I am talking about facts.

Frémont's teachers are some of the highest-paid educators in the country, and our school districts are some of the best-funded. That is because we fund districts based on enrollment, so that every school has the money it needs to give every student a world-class education, regardless of whether they are rich or poor, black, white, or brown, urban or rural.

We have the best schools in the country because we trust our teachers to run their classrooms without the interference of big city bureaucrats. We have ended teaching to the test, and we have restored patriotic education in our classrooms.

The Dishonest Alliance would like to take credit for Labor's accomplishments. But while we were building schools in Frémont, they were shutting schools down: three schools that are set to be shuttered in Camden, New Jersey this spring thanks to the Dishonest Alliance governor in that state.

The people of Utah are an intelligent people. I believe they are beginning to wake up to the situation.

I believe you are going to elect Amanda Young the next governor of this state. And you are going to elect a Labor majority along with her in the legislature!
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #492 on: May 19, 2021, 07:38:19 PM »

Greetings San Francisco!!

It's been my great honor to represent the wonderful people of San Francisco as Senator. It's a shame I don't get to be here as often as I'd like to. My Labor colleagues and I have been hard at work to make each of your lives better and there's one person in particular who has been a crucial ally in doing so. That person is your incredible mayor, Nora Chu.

Mayor Chu understands exactly what it means to be a leader. She has lead this city through some very tough and unexpected circumstances, and I'm proud to say that because of her, the future of San Francisco is brighter than ever before. We are through the worst of this pandemic and Mayor Chu is a reason we've been able to stay strong.

We need to keep Mayor Chu in office if we want to keep this progress going. Businesses are succeeding, homelessness is dropping, and we are making great strides to protect our environment. This is an opportunity we cannot afford to waste. The steady hand of a true leader is exactly what this moment calls for, so get out and vote. My Urban Development and Reinvestment Act was recently signed into law and this powerful legislation will be transformative for San Francisco if we have a strong leader, Mayor Chu, to put these new resources to good use.

You know what to do, VOTE MAYOR CHU!!

Thank you all for hearing me out, I'll let Mayor Chu speak to you about her plans for the future and I'll be taking questions and comments after she speaks, and then I'll be headed to off to Smuggler's Cove.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #493 on: May 19, 2021, 07:56:25 PM »

Burlington, New Jersey

Good afternoon, Burlington!

Let's talk about transportation - specifically, let's talk about building smarter, not more. Democratic Alliance politicians, who currently control the state, seem to believe that trains are the solution to all of society's problems. If there's an empty space between two points on a map, you can bet they want to build a rail between them - and while that may sound cool, and makes the government look like it's doing something for the people, taxpayers will soon find out that it's expensive. Really expensive. No really, the cost of securing right-of-ways, building new track, and maintenance stack up quickly - which is why rail is best used as a specialized solution along highly-trafficked corridors. Over in Utah, they're proposing that rail be built between a location with a sixth of Camden County's population and a location half the population of Burlington proper - across empty desert (a fragile ecosystem skirting the boundary of a famous national park, mind you) four times the equivalent distance. This never-ending pork barrel rail is getting tiring, folks, and it's time to elect a government that will invest taxpayer money into worthwhile initiatives.

The DA's gonna claim that we don't care about infrastructure, or local communities, but that's just not true. A Labor government in Trenton would be happy to fund local infrastructure projects - but we're not going to force ill-crafted plans drawn up in a South Carolina boardroom on New Jersey towns. We're going to make community dialogue - that allows the voices of folks affected by new rail or road projects to be heard - a prerequisite for new transportation projects. For projects that often have expensive out-of-pocket costs for state taxpayers, it is imperative that solutions be driven by and supported by actual community members - not the wealthy train nerds that want to use the State of New Jersey's money for expensive rail trips. And, we don't just care about transit infrastructure. We're going to fight for a major expansion in New Jersey's renewable energy infrastructure, bringing in clean energy to homes across the state. We will reduce reliance on polluting fossil fuels, and turn New Jersey into a leader in the global fight against climate change.

And the rest of the funds that the DA special interests want to invest in pork barrel rail? We're going to take those funds, and put them to work for regular folks in New Jersey. There are massive disparities in the state public education system that need to be fixed - and Labor will make a historic investment in underperforming public schools across the state to ensure that every New Jerseyan has equal access to education. And, we will work to maintain a strong safety net for the working families of New Jersey. We're not going to let kids starve just because their parents got laid off by a greedy, cost-cutting Wall Street megacorporation. Just like National Labor's initiative for a living wage demonstrated, your New Jersey Laborites will be fierce advocates for a government that actively supports its constituents, rather than building every possible permutation of trains while public schools fester and the unfortunate starve.

Thank you, Burlington! Mask up, stay safe, and don't forget to get out and vote Labor up and down the ballot!

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #494 on: May 20, 2021, 01:33:24 AM »

Trenton, New Jersey

Good evening, Trenton!

It is a treat to be here tonight with your next Governor, Cory Norcross, and many of Labor's best seeking to represent Trenton just a few doors down at the State Capitol. Here in the Garden State, we're building a movement - a movement to elect a government for and by the people, a government that will not hesitate to act on behalf of the working families of New Jersey.

Labor's strong record of legislative action needs no introduction - and we're seeing the effects of excellent Labor leadership as the COVID pandemic is brought to a close. Under the Pericles, MB, and Sestak administrations, along with a Labor congress, we led a strong, science-based COVID response that has curbed the spread, limited deaths, and now, has ensured that every Atlasian has access to a vaccine. And, not only have we fought against COVID, we fought against its effects - ensuring that working folks and small businesses got the support they needed to support their families and keep their doors open even as stores shuttered across the nation.

And, we've continued to advance our legislative agenda - a New Great Society, a bevy of programs to invest in the wellbeing of working families and historically maligned groups. We just passed a living wage, to ensure every worker is adequately compensated for the thousands of hours they put into their work. We championed a historic expansion of social security, to support our elderly as they live out their golden years. And, here in Lincoln, we spearheaded the effort to get our region the new Constitution it deserved, while fighting fervently against opposition attempts to rekindle the counterproductive culture war and drag our region backwards.

New Jersey Labor isn't going to rest on federal Labor's laurels, though. After seven months of milquetoast centrist administration, there's a lot to do, and we are raring and ready to get started! We will make a historic investment in the struggling public education system, sending funds and support to the underperforming, overcrowded schools that need it. And, we'll fight to ensure every student can receive the mental health support they need, as well as equitable access to secondary education. We'll expand renewable energy across the state, getting New Jersey off fossil fuels and on sustainable, reliable clean energy sources. We'll work to reform the criminal justice system and scrub racist statute from the lawbooks, and give minority communities across New Jersey a fair shake. And, we will live up to the name 'Labor' by being a constant advocate for the right of workers to good conditions, fair wages, and the right to a roof above their heads and food on the table for their families.

This stands in stark contrast to the work of the Democratic Alliance - the neoliberal, do-nothing centrists currently at the helm in New Jersey. Rather then act in support of the people, they prefer to blow government funds on trains, trains, and more trains! Unlike DA, Labor understands that trains are not a one-size-fit-all solution - and that forcing ill-designed, expensive and invasive rail construction on communities without consultation is perhaps the worst possible use of valuable taxpayer money. Unlike DA, who backed bills to ban diversity training and impose a minority tax for applicants to schools that happen to violate their vaguely-written anti-affirmative action law, Labor will remain a steadfast ally of the minority communities of New Jersey in their continued struggle for civil rights. And unlike DA, a Labor majority here in Trenton has the cojones to buck big Wall Street special interests and invest resources in working families, rather then the pet projects of Southern elites in their ivory towers. As the coronavirus pandemic at last comes to a close, there is change - and hope - in the air, and we need to fight for a different sort of change to send the neoliberal elitists packing and bring a People's Government to the State Capitol!

And now, I'd like to introduce the next keynote speaker, one of North Trenton's finest! Senator Polly Johnson, a former defense attorney and professor of law at Thomas Edison State, has seen the flaws of both the criminal justice and public education systems, and will speak on the bold, progressive changes she - and New Jersey Labor - have in mind. Ensuring her re-election is a key stepping stone on our path to a majority in the State Senate, so let's get out to the polls and give her a sweeping landslide victory! And after she's done laying out our vision on two of our most ambitious platform planks, we're going to welcome your next Governor, Cory Norcross, to the stage to talk about the New Great Society and his support for increased voter engagement. We've got a great schedule of amazing speakers from up and down the state tonight, and I'm honored to be here among them.

Thank you, Trenton! Mask up, stay safe, and get to the polls and vote up and down the ballot for YOUR Labor candidates!
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #495 on: May 20, 2021, 01:58:11 PM »

THE UTAH LABOR TOUR
All events socially distanced, masks mandatory

Riverton

Hey there Riverton!

It's great to be back out on the trail talking to people about what Labor policies can do for them. You hear a lot of attacks from the other side claiming that we're out of step with the voters, but in reality nothing could be further from the truth. While Frémont Labor was working to pass the Rural Health Act and bring crucial medical services to all our citizens, Lincoln DA was fighting to fine minorities for going to college. When Frémont Labor was fighting to pass the Reading Act to promote good education and literary arts, Lincoln DA was offering thousands of dollars of taxpayer money to snowflakes who complain about their job training! And now they're trying to bring that same failed governance that failed out east here to Utah. But unfortunately for them, this scheme to bamboozle the voters is not going to work. Here in Utah, we're going to send a very clear message when Amanda Young is elected governor with a Labor congressional majority along with her. Thank you!

Lehi

Hello Lehi!

While the Dishonest Alliance barrages the state with slick consultant written ads, I know that the people of this state see through these attempts to distort the record. The Labor party of Utah supports efficient, high speed rail that serves the interests of the people of this state. If re-elected, they will work to bring vital infrastructure to help serve the economic interests of the people of Utah. On the other hand, the forces working to take power in this state have proposed plans which would waste millions of dollars of government money on rail that would travel through hundreds of miles of desert. These plans are not what's right for Utah and it's why they're going to lose this month. Thank you.

Grantsville

How are you doing, Grantsville?

I think we can all agree this pandemic has hit our country hard. Luckily with the strong leadership from the Labor government we've been able to persevere. We listened to the science to address the problem at the beginning and through this we've been able to severely mitigate the toll of this plague. And now, with the recent reports from the CDC and the positive progress we've seen, we are repealing the federal mask mandate. We're presiding over a return to normalcy that will helped be ushered in by the third stimulus soon to be passed by congress. We can bring an end to this pandemic once and for all but we need support on the statewide level. That's why I'm asking you to vote for Amanda Young for governor and vote Labor for your state legislative races. Thank you.

Farr West

Howdy, Farr West!

I'm here to talk to you about how Labor can help you in your everyday life. Here in our beautiful region, we passed the School Day Restructuring Act, to allow for more reasonable hours for our students to attend school, helping them better grow their skills and be more active learners, as well as create convenience for those responsible for transporting them. We passed the Parks and Recreation act, to help our local communities create nice, welcoming, public spaces that enhance the appeal of our towns. We passed the Safe Seniors Act, to help keep our most vulnerable safe when they go missing. We've done all this but we're ready to go further. Amanda Young has a bold agenda for Utah that will serve to make the lives of ordinary people easier and less worrisome. But it can only get enacted if we elect a Labor government this month. So that's why I'm asking you to vote Labor this month.

Herriman

Good afternoon, Herriman!

I'm here to talk to you about the Red-Green New Deal. It's a major legislative initiative Labor passed last year, but I believe it's exactly what we need at this time. We face an unprecedented crisis from the threat of climate change. States like Utah are going to become unlivable eventually if we do not curb the destruction of our environment. Luckily, Labor worked to pass this bill which will invest millions of dollars into clean energy solutions. It will create thousands of jobs and help transition our economy away from destructive practices. Utah Labor will take the same road as the federal government and work to find efficient solutions for this state. Now let me introduce your candidate for State Senator, Brian Jenning!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #496 on: May 20, 2021, 06:23:51 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2021, 03:24:15 AM by Scott🦋 »

Moab, Utah1

Good afternoon, Utah!

Well, who knew that Labor investment in broadband makes such a difference? The three states with the highest rates of access to broadband, Maryland, Massachusetts, and Washington - are all states where Labor is leading the way. The states of Alaska and Hawaii have rates in the mid-80s, and as a whole, Atlasia is ranked 9th in broadband access and download speeds.

Once again Labor leadership brings not empty promises, not vague platitudes, not proposals for wasteful pork spending, but... I think you know what I'm about to say.

[members of crowd shout "Practical and effective infrastructure spending!"]

Our opponents wish to paint our small towns and rural areas of Utah as neglected. And yet it is Frémont with the second-highest access to rural broadband.

The South, where Federalists and the Democratic Alliance control most of the states, comes in last.

Once again, we see examples of Labor leadership in Nyman, in the regions, in the states, renewing our infrastructure and growing it. Expanding broadband to rural areas. Helping rural Atlasians, and especially our poorest Atlasians, find job opportunities and improve the quality of our schools.

This was especially important for Utah and other states with heavy rural communities in Frémont to educate our children during the pandemic.

When the Democratic Alliance tells you that Labor is the party of urban elites, it just isn't true. And while we reject their calls for pork barrel spending, we prefer to spend our infrastructure dollars on helping the poor and middle class. Access to broadband is a necessity in the 21st century. Technological literacy is rapidly becoming more important to succeeding in the modern economy.

But it doesn't appear that neoliberal-supported policies are helping those in the states they control. Labor, meanwhile, is expanding rural broadband. We're putting the nation on a grid of excellence and raising broadband access across the nation.

It ain't rhetoric, folks. It's a record.

It's not about building more, it's about building smart. Labor understands this, and that is why
we balance our budgets and hold states accountable on how their infrastructure money, both digital and not, is being spent. Because even in a low-tax region, or no-tax region for the vast majority except for the very wealthy, we value taxpayer dollars.

Don't let Eastern interests pit small towns and cities like Moab against cities like Salt Lake City or Ogden.

Our rural infrastructure is only growing, and it will continue to when Amanda Young is your governor - a real fiscal hawk who understands that the New Great Society must return on what it invests.

You're a smart people, Utah. You know the records. You know the difference.

Thank you, Moab!

1. https://www.discovermoab.com/fine-dining-to-food-trucks/
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #497 on: May 20, 2021, 07:39:12 PM »

New Brunswick, New Jersey

Hello, New Brunswick!

It's great to be here in a city where education comes first - whether it be one of the thousands attending New Jersey's premier public institution, or one of New Brunswick Public Schools's many students. Many students - and teachers - call New Brunswick home, and we're excited to present our plan for education to y'all tonight!

Folks here know that not all education was created equal. That wealth and race often control the educational opportunities that are available to you, regardless of how hard you work or how great your potential to learn is. And while some in Lincoln want to push the narrative that the status quo is good enough - that historically marginalized communities can be allowed to continue suffering, as long as the elite can claim their places at prestigious private institutions - New Jersey Labor is not content! We believe that all New Jerseyans - regardless of their income, skin color, or creed - should have equal opportunity and equal access to a quality education. And we believe that the folks in charge in Trenton have not done enough to further this goal - in fact, we've seen their General Court contingent vote in favor of imposing a tax on minorities who happen to apply to a school practicing affirmative action!

If y'all elect Cory Norcross and a solid Labor majority to the Statehouse this month, we won't hesitate to make a historic investment in New Jersey's public education system. And, with students transitioning back into in-person learning after enduring trying Zoom classes for more than a year, there is no better time to comprehensively revamp and improve public schools. We're going to review curriculums across the state with the help of local communities and teachers, and ensure every New Jersey student has access to a comprehensive, modern education. We're going to invest in inner-city - and rural - schools that have historically been neglected by the government, and improve mental health support networks to aid struggling teens across the state. We will make a promise to New Jerseyans - a free community college education, which will open up hundreds of new career opportunities for even the poorest families, with the only condition being continued academic excellence. And, we will ensure that teachers are paid the wages and receive the rights they deserve. They are the backbone of our public education system, and we should treat them as such.

Thank you, New Brunswick! Let's reject neoliberal centrist government, and vote Labor up and down the ballot for a more compassionate, more inclusive, more educated New Jersey!

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #498 on: May 20, 2021, 10:17:50 PM »

5/20/21
Wayne, NJ
11:00 PM EDT

Good evening,

As we approach the eve of the election, the choice facing New Jersey cannot be more clear. It is a simple binary choice: a new progressive direction with Labor or reactionary conservatism with the Democratic Alliance. The Democratic Alliance might claim to be moderate, but when they were in government in the Lincoln Council they showed their true colors.

The Democratic Alliance supported a measure to jail doctors who provided abortions. Policy that clearly goes against both the reset cases Roe v Wade and Planned Parenthood v Casey, and also against the court's recent ruling in Politics Fan v the South. The Democratic Alliance has supported some of the most restrictive abortion measures to be proposed anywhere in Atlasia. They said they wanted it to be "safe, legal, and rare." I have to say, they were right about the "rare" part, but their policy is just going to lead to numerous unsafe do-it-yourself abortions, including the infamous coat hanger ones, it's clearly anything but "safe" and "legal." 

The Democratic Alliance supported a massive tax cut for the wealthy and large corporations. They eliminated the wealth tax, which was a tax on the wealthiest to pay for important programs like education and healthcare. If the Democratic Alliance had their way, they'd sell out both your kids and your parents, so that their wealthy friends can get a tax cut. Labor doesn't work like that, though. Labor understands the need for the poor, the middle class, the upper middle class, and yes even some of the wealthy to get a tax cut. Labor cut taxes on everyone making under $490,000, and eliminated them completely for those making under $50,000. Labor also did this while having a massive surplus and avoided cuts to public spending. Labor is the party of fiscal responsibility, the recent budget, largely written by Labor managed to rescue the region from years of financial insolvency. There is a little bit for everyone in the Labor economic plan, even the wealthy can admire our commitment to fiscal responsibility. The Democratic Alliance is a party for only the richest of the richest.

The Democratic Alliance supports rolling back the assault weapons ban in Lincoln. They want it to be legal for criminals to own military style weapons, weapons that are designed only to kill. The Democratic Alliance refuses to look at the numerous incidences where strict gun control saves lives. Instead they along with their Federalist friends are only interested in the interests of the gun lobby. Labor is the only party with a proven record of being willing to fight gun violence and actually taking the issue on. Labor can and has beat the gun lobby before, we don't live in fear of them. We challenge the gun lobby to bring it on. We are on the side of you, while the Democratic Alliance is on the side of corporations, whether it be multinationals or gun corporations or the health insurance industry.

The time is now for progressive change. It is time to vote out the corporation loving alliance of the Democratic Alliance, the Federalists, and the Liberals. Labor will lead a truly progressive and liberal government, the Democratic Alliance is the party of conservative reactionaries and big corporations, remember that as you head to the polls tomorrow. Thank you!
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #499 on: May 21, 2021, 12:41:06 AM »

Good evening, San Francisco! I had such a great time that I decided to stick around a little longer.

I wanted to tell you how important it is to vote for the Labor Party in all upcoming elections. We have made so much progress over these difficult months and to keep it up we need to vote Labor. You know what do, vote Mayor Chu.

The fact of the matter is, other parties don't deliver on the promises the way Labor does. I've been doing this long enough to know when I see someone who truly stands for the people. Nora Chu stands for the people!

There is a light at the end of the tunnel and Mayor Chu is guiding us there. Great things are coming, so vote early and make sure no one in SF is overlooked. Vote Labor!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies