Labor NPC Campaigns thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:51:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor NPC Campaigns thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 25
Author Topic: Labor NPC Campaigns thread  (Read 24955 times)
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: December 22, 2020, 11:43:14 PM »

Lorain, Ohio
social distancing and masks mandatory, streamed live on OH Labor website

Hello, Lorain!

I'm glad to be here in Lakeview Park on Lake Erie, one of Lorain County's many beautiful public parks. While coronavirus has taken many things away from us - like, I can't remember the last time I've been to a movie theater! - open natural spaces aren't one of them. Folks can still picnic, fish, and breathe in the fresh Lake Erie air here (socially distanced of course) and no pandemic can take that away. Hell, that reminds me - after this grueling campaign, I'm gonna go get some sweet mountain air in the Appalachians!

Public parks and outdoor spaces have provided us with an outlet in this global shutdown, so it's only important that we pay them back and ensure they're still here for future generations to enjoy. That's why one of Ohio Labor's core values is natural preservation - we'll make protecting our environment a priority in Columbus. While a strong anti-climate change plan does a lot - by curtailing climate change, we protect our ecosystems from voliate extreme weather like storm and drought, we also need good park management. Ohio Labor will invest in projects to help keep public parks clean and pristine, so they can continue to be enjoyed by the people.

In chaotic, divisive times like these, it's often a comfort to be able to stop and smell the flowers - so it's only right that we ensure our grandchildren can still indulge in the small pleasures of beautiful nature in their backyard. So vote Labor, for our public parks!
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #276 on: December 22, 2020, 11:51:43 PM »

Excerpt from socially distanced campaign event in Cincinnati, Ohio
Good afternoon Cincinnati! It seems there's a great battle going on in Ohio and why not join the fun? Jokes aside, this election is deadly serious. The fate of your lives and your state depends on it. You have to elect Russell Brown as your next governor. He is the only candidate who will defend you Labor rights, fight for a fair tax code and keep your families safe at night. He truly believes in the concept of progress, not platitudes.

And it's that concept that I've come here today to talk about. Labor holds it to heart. We aren't focused on making flashy campaign ads where we promise to focus on local issues on a nationwide scale. We;'re focused on providing you good governance. That's why it's so deeply insulting to your intelligence to have absolute frauds fly in here and spout off about their pork barrel politics and tax cuts for the wealthy and backtrack whenever pressed on it. They think Ohio is stupid enough to fall for a party that the voters have decimated at the polls in the last three months and still continues to have one officeholder. They think they can trick you by saying that our policies benefit the wealthy, then propose policies that benefit the wealthy in a slick, packaged presentation. Well Labor doesn't have to rely on hoping Ohio voters are stupid, in fact we think you're as sharp as a tack. That's why we know you will send these forked tongue schemers into irrelevance at the polls when you elect Russell Brown!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #277 on: December 22, 2020, 11:52:55 PM »

Oberlin, Ohio

Good evening, Oberlin!

Here in a college town, hundreds of lessons a day are given to students from across Ohio and the nation, so I'd like the chance to give one of my own today - specifically, an economics lecture to the Dishonest Alliance. While reactionary economists are quick to use high taxes as a boogeyman and scare tactic, they often fail to inform their viewers of how the tax system actually works. Here in Atlasia, we use a bracketed tax system - which means that the first $10,000 a person makes get x% tax charged on them, but then the next $10,000 they make has a different tax rate, usually higher. So when the wealthy billionaires that use the Dishonest Alliance as a mouthpiece screech about high taxes limiting their ability to buy a fifth jetplane or a fourth golf course, the actual percentage of their income they pay is far lower. So don't fall for their deception!

Speaking of lessons! I've already spoken on this today, but education is so important that it deserves reiteration. In today's day and age, college costs have inflated so much to a point where getting a higher education has become near-impossible for many working-class families. And while rich DA donors can pay for this no problem, it's become an obstacle that poorer students can't surmount. And that's where Ohio Labor's education plan comes in - by working with community colleges and state colleges, we'll make an Ohio Promise to all prospective college students, an offer where any student with a 2.5 GPA or higher can get a free community college education. We'll also work to decrease the cost of higher education, by potentially shifting from back-breakingly expensive textbooks to more online solutions. The cost of college has long been a staggering inequity issue, with folks from disadvantaged communities unable to advance themselves - Ohio Labor will work to end this, and ensure every Ohioan has equal opportunity to pursue their dream of a college education.

Thank you, Oberlin! Remember to mask up, stay safe, and VOTE LABOR this December!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #278 on: December 22, 2020, 11:55:09 PM »

Athens, OH1

Good evening, Athens!

I wanted to make my final stop in the Buckeye State to talk to you all about education.

In cities where job opportunities, and particularly job opportunities for adults with a high school education or less, continue to become less available, communities throughout Ohio have struggled to adapt to changing dynamics of our economy.

Over the years, we've watched as states like Tennessee have started offering free community college to promote an educated workforce that can realize the middle class dream. To make Ohio competitive again, promoting post-high school education is essential. And to promote college retention, high schools must take on more initiative to help their students graduate.

But for Ohio, like many states, success in either stage of one's education is strongly tied to the neighborhood they grew up in. And the schools that serve their communities fail to obtain the funding necessary to provide for their students, because as people leave the state for better job opportunities elsewhere, cities and neighborhoods lose more and more revenue to keep their schools adequately funded.

The Labor plan for education is to reform funding for schools so that districts are not dependent solely on local property tax revenue. In Frémont, Labor passed legislation to guarantee funding according to schools' and communities' needs regardless of city or zip code. And as a result, students are succeeding across the board. High schools and colleges are both seeing their students graduate at higher rates. Community colleges, in particular, see students transfer and go on to receive their Bachelor's and higher.

Elect a Labor government this week for One Ohio. A renewed Ohio. A prospering Ohio for all.

Thank you, Athens!

1. https://www.mgss.com/
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #279 on: December 22, 2020, 11:56:24 PM »

Mentor, Ohio

Good evening, Mentor!

Have y’all heard the sounds coming out of Coalition of Chaos headquarters? We’ll if you haven’t, let me update you - they’re the sounds of parties in desperation, contorting their platform every which way and cherrypicking Labor statements like it’s harvest season to con voters into their camp. First, Labor’s coronavirus response is too overbearing, then it’s too weak. Labor’s taxes on the rich are too high, oh wait, they’re actually full of loopholes. New highways accessible to all shouldn’t be built, but building trillion-dollar rail in the West Texan desert is somehow the paragon of clean energy development? And let’s not forget the loony Lieberals, who have somehow decided giving ICE a free pass to deport thousands of good, hard-working Ohioans is the hill they want to die on. It’s absolutely insane, folks!

The flip-flopping East Coast Elitists don’t care about y’all! The only thing they want is to take the reins of power, then bleed you dry. They have no ideological consistency, they just fit their political beliefs to whatever issue is most convenient at the time. And they’re willing to resort to whatever obscene amount of deceit it takes to do this - whether it’s deliberately misconstruing perfectly sensible Labor statements on the issues, advocating for bills Labor governments already passed months earlier, or even impersonating innocent voters for political gain! Though honestly, I’m not surprised - we can’t forget that the Dishonest Alliance bases itself on blind opposition to Labor, and will happily sell out working-class Ohioans for the sake of turning Ohio blue on an election map.

Contrast this with the Labor Party. We’ve never hesitated to take on the difficult issues to make life better for all Atlasians. It’s thanks to President Pericles’s strong, science-based coronavirus response that we were able to keep the virus relatively contained and prevent hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths. It’s thanks to a Labor tax code that punishes the rich instead of the working-class that we can provide so many services, like social security expansion, to our citizens without taxing them to death. And, Labor won’t stop there - unlike the Coalition of Chaos’s napkin manifestos, we intend to implement a wide-ranging, ambitious infrastructure plan, investing in new renewable energy construction and jobs, new and improved public transportation networks, and new highways. Labor is the party with a bold vision - an Atlasia where every little kid, regardless of their wealth, skin color, immigration status, or sexual identity - can pursue their Atlasian Dream. And with your help, your vote, we can make this vision reality.

Mentor, the choice is yours. Choose between the party that has led a progressive legislative renaissance in Atlasia, a party with plans and an innate desire to fight for the working class, or latte Lieberals and dishonest Democrats who care for nothing but their own political interests. Join me in casting your vote for Labor candidates up and down the ballot, and help us elect a government truly for and by the people!

Rep. Oregon Blue Dog also spent time dropping pro-Labor GOTV mailers and phonebanking for local Ohio Labor candidates in the Cleveland area, working with local voting rights groups to increase voter turnout for December's critical election

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #280 on: December 22, 2020, 11:59:11 PM »

Marietta, Ohio

We are approaching the end of this great campaign.

On the twenty-third of December you in Ohio will set an example for the entire country. You will decide if we will go forward with Labor, or backward with the Dishonest Alliance.

I have said it over and over again in this campaign —and I will keep saying it, until one way or another the crooks and sycophants crawl back under the rock from whence they came.

The Labor party is the party of the working people of this country. The Dishonest Alliance are the party of the rich and special interests.

These are not just words. They are backed up by the experience of the people here in Washington County and across this state, and they are backed up by the record of the Labor party in office.

Under the leadership of the Labor party, the council has established a living wage for all workers. This is determined according to local needs and conditions in each of the ranges of this region, and not a flat regional rate. This is the opposite of the Dishonest Alliance policy.

Under the leadership of the Labor party, the right of the working people to organize and negotiate with their employers on even footing has been protected. Unions have been given equal representation in the LWC and other committees touching their interests. This is the opposite of the Dishonest Alliance policy.

Under the leadership of the Labor party, Congress has passed the Red-Green New Deal to create thousands of new jobs in renewable energy here in Washington County and all across this country. The Dishonest Alliance did not support this bill. Their friends on the right voted against it. They want to waste the taxpayer's money on a railway to nowhere, but they show no interest in the bold national measures proposed to attack climate change at its source.

The Dishonest Alliance do not support these measures because they are not interested in helping ordinary people. They are interested in helping the rich and well-connected. That is why they began their campaign calling for a massive tax cut for the richest of the rich who take home over $100 million a year. Those are their own words. Disgraced ex-President Weatherboy, who now has the nerve to call me a liar, told the nation on national TV that he thinks the rich pay too much in taxes. Earlier this year, his party voted for the Value Added Tax to raise taxes on working families. A vote for them is a vote for government of, by, and for the special interests —not the people.

The people here in Ohio are too sharp to be taken in by a bunch of yellow-bellied Southern transplants. That is why you are going to elect a Labor governor tomorrow. And you are going to elect a Labor majority in the legislature.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #281 on: December 22, 2020, 11:59:35 PM »

Radio Ads
airing high-intensity in all states up for election

Quote from: Sea-To-Sky PAC
The Dishonest Alliance. Whether it's taxes, COVID, or infrastructure, they never pass up an opportunity to slander good Labor policy and flip-flop like a fish in the process. Vote Labor. Reject the lies.

Quote from: Sea-To-Sky PAC
Social security expansion. The Red-Green New Deal, which will provide thousands of jobs for working-class Atlasians. A strong COVID response that's spared Atlasia from the worst of the pandemic. Your friends in Labor have been working for you, and won't stop in the Statehouse. Stick with proven leadership. Stick with Labor. 
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #282 on: December 22, 2020, 11:59:53 PM »

Lincoln Labor Advertisement: "Scare"

[1]

The Democrat Alliance is trying to scare you.

(cuts to fear associated images, including the painting above)

They want you to believe that Lincoln Labor is the party of jackbooted thugs, they want you to believe anybody who opposes their policy is a fascist.

(cuts to images of soldiers marching, dark rooms, prisons)

The Democrat Alliance is desperately trying to defend their record of supporting paying for tax cuts for multi-millionaires with a massive new sales tax on Licolnites.

(cuts to graphs, numbers, sales tax statistic)

They're trying to scare you with cheap, dirty, inappropriate, and dishonest politics. They think that you're a fool. It's wrong for Lincoln, and wrong for Atlasia.

Vote Labor for honest, decent leadership that works for you.

Lincoln Labor Approved this Broadcast

To be advertised in Lincoln

[1] Wikimedia Commons

Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -7.22

P P P
« Reply #283 on: December 23, 2020, 09:11:16 AM »

Augusta National Golf Club (Outdoor press arena), Augusta, Georgia
Crowd of 2,000, socially distanced with masks; simulcast on Georgia Labor website and national Labor website

I'm here at Augusta National Golf club with President MB.  As your member in the Southern Chamber of Delegates, I have tried to put the people of Georgia first (along with the rest of the Southern Region).  As your new member of the Atlasian House, I will never forget my Southern roots.  I will help Georgia in the House, but we need a strong Labor government in Georgia to work with.  We need you to get out and vote!  Get out, and vote for your Labor Party representatives and governor.  Get out and VOTE!.

Our president loves making deals with foreign leaders on the golf course.  But he also wants our youth to stay fit and healthy, both mentally and physically.  That's why we have proposed a Labor young caddies scholarship fund, among other scholarship funds to get our youngsters out exercising and earning some college money.  We're hosting the first debut of this fund here at Augusta National Golf Club for the 2021 Masters Championship and the 2021 Atlasian Open.

We will continue forward with policies like these to help young people physically, mentally, and financially.  I wish I could stay for more, but we've got to get back on the road and win big here and Georgia and across the Southern region!  Thank you so much, Augusta!  Dave Bless!
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #284 on: December 23, 2020, 09:23:33 AM »

Johnson Space Center, Houston, Texas

Good morning, y'all!  Great to be in Houston!  We've got an important mayoral race to win here tomorrow! 

Let me start by saying that I am proud and fortunate to be able to represent Atlasia in the House of Representatives come January, and that my Southern roots will be with me always.  As you know, I have been working with President MB on space policy for the past month.  We've got some bold plans, and Houston will be right here at the center of it.  Let's start out with the main goal:  M-A-R-S... Mars!  We're going to plant an Atlasian flag on the red planet!

The first step will be a reorganization of space strategy.  We are currently engaging the private space exploration companies to purchase their technologies and bring their organizations under the NASA umbrella.  We will be expanding the national space agency's budget and incorporating these outside staff into the agency's family.  This means giant economic growth for the Space Coast and great change for the community.  Our combined engineers will employ a unified rocket booster technology with the best elements of the Falcon-9 and SLS. Until then,  we will use both systems in tandem.  We will send a manned mission to the Moon in 2024 as planned. Labor wants to see an Atlasian presence on the Moon indefinitely:  we will construct a series of Lunar bunkers at key points on both the near and far sides, as well as the lunar south pole (to harvest fresh water).  All of these missions will be controlled here from Johnson Space Center under the Artemis Program.  We will be expanding the base here as we expand our staff.  This will be known as Phase 1a.

While we are constructing bases both here in Houston and on Luna, we will move forward with plans for a space station in lunar orbit (Phase 1b).  The MB Administration is playing this one close to the chest, and designs are far from finalized, but we hope to work with the international community on this, and the president did permit me to specify that this orbital facility will be between two and three times larger than the current ISS.  Like the ISS, countries will contribute modules with great coordination. The goal of this facility will be coordinating lunar communications, serving as a facilitator of travel to the lunar surface (thus saving expensive fuel and rocketry), and ultimately providing a base of operations for both Phases 2 and 3.  This project will advance independently of Phase 1a until its completion.  The primary launch sites will be at Kennedy Space Center, those of our international companions, and a new smaller facility slated for construction in Puerto Rico.  The reason for the necessity of this new facility will be the sheer volume of launches required to expand infrastructure into space.  Houston, Texas will be at the center of this role.

Phase 2 (as well as Phase 3) are more tentative, but I will briefly summarize these goals.  Another facility will be constructed in lunar orbit.  Atlasia will develop this (possibly with only our closest allies), and its purpose will tie in directly with Phase 3.  This facility will catch asteroids which are towed into lunar orbit for mining both in orbit and on the lunar surface.  The resources will be used to construct new starships in orbit for use in Phase 3 and beyond.

Phase 3 will send manned missions to Mars to begin the process anew on the Martian surface and its orbit.  By utilizing these three phases, we can refine and amend our methods and utilize new technologies to become an interplanetary species and spread across our Solar System.  All of this starts right here at Johnson Space Center.  Right here in Houston.  This will bring tens of thousands of new jobs and an economic boom for the city and state.

But, folks, we need a mayor who will work with us.  We need a Labor Party member in the mayor's office!  So get out and vote!  Get out and vote for your city!  Get out and vote for new jobs!  For innovation!  For prosperity!  For a strong economy!  Get out and vote for your child's future!  Go vote!  And vote Labor!  Tenemos votar por El Partido Laborista!

Thank you, Houston!  Thank you, and Dave Bless!
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #285 on: December 23, 2020, 09:55:13 AM »
« Edited: December 23, 2020, 10:39:02 AM by Harvey Updyke Jr🌹 »

Ebenezer Baptist Church, Atlanta, Georgia
Crowd of ~400 with overflow of around 1,000; masks required; socially distanced with enhanced airflow (simulcast on both Georgia Labor Party and national Labor websites)

Good morning, Atlanta!  What a brisk and lovely time to be here in the heart of your great city and state!  I'm so proud to be speaking here today at such a monumental pulpit.  Great men have stood here, and while I might be inadequate compared to someone like Martin Luther King, Jr, I will say this:  his mission lives on in my heart and in the hearts and minds of the Labor Party and its policies.  We are here today to ensure that we all turn out and vote tomorrow.  We must show up and vote for our Labor representatives and governor.  We must do it so that Dr. King's legacy thrives today, tomorrow, and forever.

We HAVE to do this.  We MUST do this... because we are facing an onslaught of fascism and white supremacist policies from the opposition.  They want to undo everything that Dr. King and Pastor Warnock have fought for here in Atlanta and nationwide.  They're talking about checkpoints all over this city... all over this state... all over the country.  Checkpoints to make us show our papers to prove who is worthy of proceeding un-harassed.  It wasn't that long ago that people like this wanted to turn on the hoses and unleash the dogs!  That's what we're going to get if we allow a Federalist majority here in Georgia:  more discrimination, more harassment, more big federal government trying to run the show.  They want us to live in a police state, y'all. 

Can we say "HELL NO?"

(Crowd chants "Hell no!" over and over.)

I know.  I agree.  And the Democratic Alliance ain't that much better.

(Laughter)

Seriously.  They're both working together behind the scenes.  We cannot allow those two parties to hold power.

Well then, we're going to have to get out tomorrow.  We've got to all show up at the polls and vote in droves!  We've got to vote Labor!  We have to vote for hope!  For respect!  For friendship!  For compassion!  We MUST vote for our Labor candidates, both in the legislature races and the gubernatorial race.  Vote for the Labor party so that we can ensure a safe future for ourselves and our loved ones.  Or else the fascists will win.  The Fascist Feds must take a beating at the polls tomorrow!  Vote Labor like your lives depend on it.  Because they really do.

Thank you, Ebenezer Baptist Church!  Thank you, Atlanta!  Let's vote for a bright future tomorrow!  Thank you, and Dave Bless Georgia and all of Atlasia!
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #286 on: December 23, 2020, 10:34:31 AM »

Georgia Labor TV & Radio Ad: "On My Mind"
Airing Statewide on TV & Radio

(Ray Charles' "Georgia On My Mind" begins playing)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2ZhVSWk9XI

Narrator:  Only one of the parties in the December election has been looking out for our great state.

Narrator:  Only one party cares about growing Georgia's economy and protecting migrant workers.

Narrator:  Only one party wants to protect our civil liberties and prosperity.

Narrator:  When the Federalist and Democratic Alliance falter...

Narrator:  Only Labor remains strong...

Narrator:  Only Labor has Georgia on its mind.

Narrator:  Vote for Georgia's future.  Vote Labor.

The Georgia Labor Party was responsible for this advertisement.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #287 on: December 23, 2020, 06:28:58 PM »
« Edited: December 23, 2020, 06:32:54 PM by KaiserDave »

OHIO VOTES LABOR: COLUMBUS

Socially distant event, masks mandatory, six foot distance mandatory, temperature checks at entrances

FalterinArc: Hello Columbus, great to be here supporting Russell Brown. It’s vitally important that you send this man to the Governor’s mansion in your great city today. You can trust him to tell you the truth as governor, the same can’t be said for the candidates of the coalition of chaos. He will deliver on the issues you care about. From labor rights to public transportation, you can count on him to deliver progress not platitudes. We can move past the duplicitous Dishonest Alliance and Liberal’s attempts to hide their record. We’re going to institute a progressive tax system, not tax cuts for millionaires. We’re going to build efficient public works, not play pork barrel politics. Their proposals to build rail out in the middle of the Texas desert, demanding stations in towns with 30,000 people are absurd and out of touch! Then they turn around and tell you they’re the party of efficient public transportation, give me a break! They talk about how “Labornomics has been a disaster”, well let me ask you is it a disaster to have better COVID relief, fairer taxes and a cleaner environment? Crowd shouts, “No!” That’s what I thought!  We’re going to show the Dishonest Alliance that this kind of pandering doesn’t work out here! That Ohioans believe in honest, competent government!  So if you want to enjoy the fruits of your labor, vote for Russell Brown!

Oregon Blue Dog: Ohio, you know what Labor stands for. It’s because we’ve been fighting for the same agenda for all these years - no flip-flopping or vague policy goals here! We’re going to protect the rights of blue collar workers, not the elitists trying to buy this state. We’ll fight to make sure your wages stay constant, not bow down to corporate interests! Ohioans know that a party which touts its tax cuts then denies and deflects when pressed on how truly awful of an idea they are, is not representative of the people. Ohioans know that a party that launches rabid, dishonest attacks on Labor, then turns around and supports policies Labor passed into law months ago is not a party that deserves to hold the Governor’s Mansion. Ohioans know that Labor has been fighting for working-class Atlasians in Nyman and the regions, and has the legislative accomplishments - social security, COVID stimulus, the Red-Green New Deal, and many others - to show for it. And last but not least, Ohioans know that Labor will protect and promote the dignity and livelihoods of honest, hard-working immigrants that contribute so much to our nation. That’s why we’re going to have an Ohio that works for Ohioans. Not the East Coast! That’s why we’re going to have an Ohio legislature that will prioritize worker and union rights, inner-city development, public education, and clean energy infrastructure and jobs, a legislature that will lead with action, not platitudes and excuses. That’s what Labor cares about and it’s what Russell Brown cares about. And Columbus, that’s why you are going to move him to the governor’s mansion in your great city, and usher in a new era of government for and by the people! So mobilize, get out, and cast a vote for your Labor Party candidates! Thank you!

KaiserDave: Hello Ohio. It’s good to be in the heart of Labor country, here in Lincoln. And aye, Lincoln is Labor country. And it’s got real strong Labor values. It was Lincolnites like you who defeated the Democrat Alliance and their Everyday Tax. Talk about a regressive tax, this tax coulda single handedly wiped out a quarter of the small businesses here in Ohio and across Lincoln. All to wipe out a deficit, and you know what we’re about to wipe out that deficit, and without a sales tax! But make no mistake the Democrat Alliance is more committed it to it than ever before. Just the other day they came down to Ohio to defend their Everyday Tax. They said it was “efficient” and “small.” They accused us of slander. But they couldn’t run away from the facts. The facts are that they’re tax would be on every level of the supply chain. For our small business owners, it’s a nightmare, but for multinational corporations, it’s a new opportunity to come in and prey on our communities. With the Democrat Alliance’s tax plan, our local general stores, bait and tackle shops, and restaurants go out of business and the Huawei and Amazon hustlers come in, breaking up Unions, cutting wages, and sending hundreds into unemployment. But this is Labor country! And from the longshoremen of Cleveland, to the activists of Akron, and to the union organizers right here in Columbus we won’t give up without a fight! And that’s why we need to elect Russell Brown on election day. We need to get lines around the bloc because everything is on the ballot. Your pocket book is on the ballot, your communities are on the ballot, and your livelihoods are on the ballot so let’s get moving! Labor up and down, up and down folks! Let’s do this! Thank you Ohio, let’s vote Russell Brown and win this election! May God keep you all, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

S019: Good evening,
Labor has been hard at work working for those of you here in Columbus. For instance, when balancing our budget we focused our tax hikes on those Lincolnites making over $490,000. The Democrat Alliance wants there to be tax cuts for their rich donors in places like University Park, TX and Saddle River, NJ. They want them to be able to buy another yacht or two, or even three, and what will they do in exchange? They will make you pay more, they believe you should foot the bill for the budget. They believe big business should pay lower taxes. On the other hand, the Labor tax plan will not raise taxes by more than 2% on anyone making under $490,000! In fact those of you making under $25,000, will pay no state income tax under our plan, none. As a matter of fact, millionaires and multimillion dollar corporations will fund most of our budget deficit. Unless you are very rich, you have nothing to fear from a Labor government, and if you are that rich, you can pitch in a bit to help the less privileged. However, the Democrat Alliance doesn’t just get it wrong on economics, they are bad on social issues, too. Time and time again, they have voted for the Federalist Party, a party which has promised to end all funding to Planned Parenthood, a party who wants your 3 year old kid to have access to an assault weapon without a background check! The DA may say they don’t support any of this in their platform, but their actions make it clear, they not only support it, but they are complicit in it. Meanwhile, Labor has always been a voice for reproductive choice in Lincoln, Labor repealed the Reasonable Limitations Act, which was a far right reactionary bill rammed through by radicals to implement heavy limitations on access to reproductive healthcare, thanks to Labor’s work, the draconian law was repealed and Lincoln women now enjoy much more access to reproductive healthcare. Meanwhile, I was the one who wrote not only the regional assault weapons ban here in Lincoln, but I was also the one who submitted the draft of the bill to Congress, as a civilian, last year and it became law early this year. They told us it could never be done, the MFP from Fremont and others insisted that gun control was an untouchable issue that we could never do anything, that ⅔ of the lefties in the game were pro-gun. The road was rough, we could have gotten it done much earlier but fell one vote short, when they told us our bill wouldn’t even pass the Council, they told us it would fail 2-7, guess what, not only did it pass the Council, but thanks to the grassroots support we built here in Lincoln, it fell one vote short of passing. When I returned to the Council in October, following a long hiatus, it was my first priority and together we enacted the most restrictive regional gun control law ever enacted. We have saved thousands of lives, and then our movement, the movement that we built, got it done, the grassroots enthusiasm that you guys built got it done in Washington. Throughout my tenure in office, I have always done what is right, and that’s why I chose to join the Labor Party, I knew that I could trust them to do what was right, and after 3 months in the Federalist Party, I saw a party that didn’t care about Atlasia, and now the Democrat Alliance wants to support those same Feds, together the DA/Fed tandem will destroy any and all progress that we have made, so it is imperative that you get out and vote Labor straight down the ticket.

All: Thanks for coming out!
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #288 on: December 23, 2020, 10:18:07 PM »

Ted Wright Stadium, Savannah, Georgia
(Crowd of 3,000; masks required; socially distanced; simulcast on GLP and National Labor Party websites)

I'm honored to be here in historic Savannah, Georgia surrounded by these beautiful oak trees.  The thing about Savannah that I love is that no matter where you go in the summer, you're going to sweat through a shirt.  Seriously.  You're going to sweat harder than that one Liberal Party member when he tries to rally support among minorities.  The child.  You know the one.

(Crowd breaks out into laughter)

No, seriously.  He expects everyone to believe that the Liberals are the party worthy of claiming Dr. King's vision?  I wasn't aware that his vision was one of compromise and mediocrity.  What do you say, Savannah?  Do you want the minimal change and empty rhetoric the Liberal Party is offering?

(Crowd erupts in BOO's, jeers, and chants of NO!)

Last time I checked, Dr. King was a democratic socialist.  He was for wealth redistribution and strong social safety nets in addition to racial equality.  Do they seriously think he stood for meager centrism?  Can someone explain to these youth that make up the Liberal Party that they need to pay attention during Social Studies and Atlasian History classes?

(Laughter from the crowd)

I mean what were they even doing?  They responded to a criticism directed at the hard-line fascist policies offered up by the Federalists -- do y'all think the Liberals are that thin-skinned, or are they simply narcissistic?  Last time I checked, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr was one of the most empathetic leaders of the 20th century -- he was no narcissistic, weak Liberal.  Or perhaps they were wanting to defend these abhorrent positions?  Who knows?  I don't even think they know!

(Laughter and applause)

This is why we must vote tomorrow.  We have to get out and vote.  Vote in droves.  Vote for a future.  Vote for safety.  Vote for sanity.  Vote for Labor in the legislature and the governor's seat.  Vote! Vote! Vote!

Let's win this one, Georgia!  Thank you and Dave Bless Atlasia!

Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #289 on: December 23, 2020, 10:54:48 PM »

TV Ad to air in Atlanta, GA market:  King's Lead

Narrator: It takes a great man to lead a movement.

Narrator: Where are the leaders among the Liberals?

Narrator: Where are the leaders among the Democratic Alliance?

Narrator: Where are the leaders among the Federalists?

Narrator: Only one man can continue to lead Dr. King's progressive agenda this December.

Narrator: Vote for Labor Party candidate Rev. Raphael Abrams for governor and for a Labor Party legislature.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #290 on: December 23, 2020, 11:53:41 PM »

Lincoln Labor Advertisement: "Together"

[1]

It was the railroad that connected this country

(cuts to transcontinental railroad, steam engines coming into a station)

It was the trains that connected this country from sea to shining sea. It brought us together, and defined the lives of thousands.

Today the world is changing faster than ever.

(cuts to jet planes, bullet trains, and a time-lapse of a skyscraper being built)

Unfortunately, people are being left behind. Businesses shuttering, kids moving out, and no future in sight.

(cuts to abandoned storefronts, empty towns)

Together we change this. Lincoln Labor and KaiserDave are fighting to sew this country together with a massive new rail project. Bringing light to forgotten Atlasia, and connecting small towns to major hubs. Carving a new path to prosperity.

(Cuts to KaiserDave walking, and talking with workers, meeting with Governor R2D2 and Chancellor S019)

Lincoln Labor is fighting for you, and we won't stop

(Modern train drives towards the camera as the ad fades to the Labor logo)

Lincoln Labor Approved this Broadcast

To be advertised in Lincoln

[1] Wikimedia Commons

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #291 on: December 23, 2020, 11:59:04 PM »

Tweet

Quote from: Rep. Oregon Blue Dog
It's time, Atlasia! Cast your ballot for a progressive government that will work for you. The climate, infrastructure, jobs...so much is at stake this election, so get out and vote for proven leadership in your local Labor representatives! #VoteRed #Labor2020
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #292 on: December 31, 2020, 12:11:37 AM »

January's map:

(plus New York City - Federalist held)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #293 on: January 04, 2021, 10:53:19 AM »
« Edited: January 04, 2021, 11:02:27 AM by KaiserDave »

Ad for Rhode Island and New Hampshire

To be placed on Billboards, put up on city streets, and bought in color in prominent, local, and tabloid newspapers as an early offensive

Note: Pictured is Governor R2D2 and Councillor Dave

Doesn't necessarily need to take effect
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #294 on: February 12, 2021, 05:11:55 PM »

Bump
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #295 on: February 13, 2021, 07:24:01 PM »

Julesburg, Colorado

I thank the senator for that introduction. He has put the issue very well, and I hope I can measure up to it.

I have just returned from my native state, and am on my way now to meet with your representatives in the parliament in Denver. We have a great deal of work left to do in this term, and I hope you will forgive me if I do not tary with you very long.

The truth is that it is the great joy of my premiership to have had the opportunity to speak with so many of you here in Colorado, and across our great commonwealth. Some of my friends out east have criticized me for the partiality I show for the people of the West. But I do not know how anyone can live among Frémonters, as I have done for the last four years, and not come to love them as dearly as one loves one's own children.

There is an opinion among some members of the press that you are all going to vote for the Coalition of Chaos in two weeks. But I do not believe this. You know that in the last several months I have travelled across this commonwealth to speak to the ordinary farmers and workers of Frémont about the good that Labor government has done for them, and the paucity of ideas that we find from the opposition. I feel that Colorado is beginning to wake up to the situation, and on February 27 I won't have to say much more about them voting the Labor ticket.

Today is the anniversary of our great parliamentary constitution. In the last four years we have had the kind of stability and prosperity that was previously unknown in the West. That is entirely the result of the leadership of the Labor party and the hard work that you, the people, have done in this state to make this a society worthy of a free people!

Four years ago, there was no government to speak of in Frémont. Today we have got a government that not only represents the people, but believes that is the people who should command the government, and not the other way around.

Four years ago, the farmers of this state could expect no support from Denver. Today this government has done more to help the farmers here in Colorado and all across Frémont than any government in history.

We have not forgot our rural communities. And we are not going to forget you.

In the last four years, this government has passed program after program to help rural areas and to increase their quality of life. We have done this without raising your taxes or cutting other essential services like they have done in some other regions I could mention.

Last year we passed the Medical Price Control act to fund the expansion of rural hospitals and clinics.  We raised more money for improving rural infrastructure and for establishing rural broadband internet access. Since 2019, this government has provided more than $10 million in subsidies for small farmers all across Frémont.

Four years ago, there were hardly any protections for working people here in Colorado except the weak laws which the federal government passed. Today we have the most robust laws protecting labor of any region in Atlasia, with the result that our workers are the most prosperous in the whole country.

We have passed laws to guarantee a living wage in every county of this commonwealth. We have passed laws to guarantee the right to join a union, and the right to take your employer to court if he is cheating you. We have guaranteed paid leave for new parents and long-service employees. We have cracked down on businesses who try to take advantage of their workers and cheat them out of their wages. The parties in the opposition opposed these laws.

There is only one party that has stood up for working people and rural communities in the last four years, and that is the Labor party.

That is why you are going to elect Senator Teller your next governor. And you are going to elect a Labor majority in the general assembly!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #296 on: February 13, 2021, 08:51:23 PM »

Hamilton, Illinois
socially-distanced, masks-mandatory event, livestreamed on IL Labor website

Good evening, Hamilton! Pleasure to be here in Western Illinois, a stone's throw from where The South, Fremont, and Lincoln meet. It's an appropriate place to kick off this second cycle of campaigning.

And in these troubling, divisive times, it's important that we remember unity - whether it's reaching out across the aisle to political opponents, or the Mississippi River to a different region, it's important to remember that we're all Atlasians, and we all want to see a brighter future for this great state and this nation.

However, while it's healthy to get in a circle with friends and foes alike to sing "Kumbaya", unity on its own can't solve the problems that plague working-class Illinoisans from Carbondale to Cicero - poverty, hunger, job loss, and, of course, the global pandemic that has taken the lives of so many loved ones. We can't crow over feel-good moral victories without working tirelessly to fix the nitty-gritty issues that directly affect working folks. While preening politicians posture for the press in their ivory towers, our heroic healthcare workers work long shifts with subpar equipment and too many patients to handle. Industrial workers, the backbone of the high quality of life all Atlasians aspire to, put their health on the line every day to keep a steady flow of food, toiletries, and gadgets to idyllic suburban households, and often receive far less compensation than they deserve. Yes, we need to be more unified as a nation, both in the political arena and outside of it - but that's really just the tip of the iceberg.

And that's where Labor comes in. In Nyman and the regions, we have a proven record of fighting for the little man. You can see it here in Illinois - Governor Gaviotti and Labor's legislative team have worked tirelessly with the federal and regional governments to create and enforce an effective coronavirus response that keeps Illinoisans safe and the economy running. And if you re-elect your Governor and give him strong Labor majorities in both houses to work with, Illinois Labor will continue to provide leadership for all Illinoisians. Unlike some previous governments here in the Land of Lincoln, Illinois Labor isn't just a party of Chicago - our candidates will represent the entire state, including the rural areas and small towns that have too often been left behind by those in power. Governor Gaviotti and his team are working to implement a vaccination plan similar to that in Fremont - one that'll provide convenient, complimentary vaccinations to folks across the state. And, he'll have an open ear to rural concerns. Here on the Mississippi, flooding is becoming an increasingly frightening phenom, thanks to climate change. Illinois Labor will work with riverside communities to find methods to contain flooding and aid those who lose their properties (and livelihoods) from it. For the past six months, Illinois Labor has been delivering for rural communities like Hamilton, and if y'all re-elect us, we'll continue to tackle rural issues with equal fervor.

Thank you, Hamilton! It's great to be back on the campaign trail. Don't forget to mask up, socially distance, and stay safe. And now, I'd like to introduce the man of the hour, Governor Antonio Gaviotti...
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #297 on: February 13, 2021, 10:04:49 PM »

Ad for Rhode Island and New Hampshire

To be placed on Billboards, put up on city streets, and bought in color in prominent, local, and tabloid newspapers as an early offensive

Note: Pictured is Governor R2D2 and Councillor Dave

Amanda Huggenkiss
amanda dermichknutscht

« Reply #298 on: February 15, 2021, 01:58:15 PM »

Amanda Huggenkiss speaks in Golden, Colorado
Safety protocols are in place. Mask wearing and social distancing is mandatory. The campaign event is streamed live by the CO Labor Party.

Today, I have met with Colorado Labor Youth and was introduced to their candidates on the Labor ticket. I am grateful for their support in the upcoming parliamentary election, and I have assured them that they have mine. I have much respect for them. Some of them come from places that have never sent a representative to Denver, some have backgrounds that do not grant the privileges and the connections that some of the current political officeholders have benefited from. Labor does not attempt to speak for the disadvantaged or the underprivileged, it lets them speak. It is good to have people in the legislatures who speak for young people, for working men and women, for families, for people of color. But it is better to give those people political power and let them sit in the legislature.

We have also discussed multiple political issues that are important for young people. There is a general sentiment among young people that the preceding generation has taken too much and leaves them a world with conditions which are unfair to them. Above all, they are concerned about climate change. Politicians across the globe have ignored this issue for far too long. It was important that in December, Labor finally passed the Red-Green-New-Deal. It is landmark legislation and a game-changer. Furthermore, Congress has, against opposition from the right, finally decided to end subsidies for fossil fuels and to re-allocate these funds towards green energy. Thanks to Labor, Atlasia flexes its muscles in the fight against climate change.

They also expressed their fears that it may become harder for young professionals to survive at the job market and to find a secure job. They are working harder than barely any generation before them, but often, their work conditions are a mockery. I am glad to have seen Labor in congress fighting against unfair employment practices and I am very happy to see Labor’s efforts to strengthen unions, for unions are the most important entity in the fight for fair and good working conditions.

I am here as a candidate for the parliament, so I will pledge to you to take these issues into the next parliamentary session. But I am also here on the behalf of the Colorado Labor Party. The most important decisions that affect our daily lives are not made in Nyman or in the Frémont Parliament, but on the state and local level. If you want these issues to be represented in your state legislature, voting Labor is the only way to ensure that. I have started my remarks with the report on my meeting with the Colorado Labor Youth’s candidates on the Labor ticket. I have full trust in them. They will take these issues to Denver. They will take these issues to the floor of the legislature. And I am sure that, with Henrique Teller in office, they will write many bills which will receive many signatures from the governor.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #299 on: February 23, 2021, 04:55:33 PM »

Fort Collins, Colorado

Thank-you! Thank-you!

You can never know the depth of gratitude I feel to the people of Frémont, who have stood by me through four years of desperate struggle for the rights and livelihoods of the free West. You here in Colorado have always been on the front lines of that struggle. I believe that you will keep fighting, until every man, woman, and child in this commonwealth can stand on their own two feet and look the world in the eye and say, "I am a Frémonter."

The professional pundits and the political class in Nyman had a lot to say about this last election.

The papers and the Twitterverse were full of predictions that you here in Colorado were finished with Labor, and that you were about to deliver the country into the hands of the Federalists. But you had other ideas.

What we have seen is that this country still belongs to the people, and not to the professional pundit class. You have proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I want you to know that this government will never forget that it is you who put us in power. And we are going to keep on fighting for you, no matter how loudly the wolves in the opposition howl.

In four days you will go to the polls again to elect a governor and a legislature for this state.

The same pundits and professional politicians who predicted you would shortly turn over the national government to the Federalists, are now predicting that you will turn over the state government to the same coalition of chaos. I believe you are going to prove them wrong yet again.

The people in this state have long memories. They remember what it was like when the parties of the right held power in Frémont. And they remember all the good which the Labor party has done for them in the last four years.

We have established a living wage across this commonwealth. We have guaranteed healthcare to every citizen as a right. We have guaranteed a college education to every citizen as a right. We have guaranteed your right to join a union, to have safe working conditions, and to take your employer to court when he is cheating you. We have put more money into schools and hospitals. We have purged bad officers from our police. And we have done it without running a deficit and without raising taxes on working and middle class people by so much as a cent!

The result is that Frémonters earn more money every year and lead longer, healthier lives than their neighbors across the Mississippi. And they will continue to, as long as I or the Labor party have anything to say about it!

In the next six months, this government will have two priorities against which its progress will be judged.

First, we must achieve herd immunity against COVID-19 through an aggressive, universal vaccination program. This effort is already underway, and it will require the full might of the government and all the resources at its disposal to achieve.

Second, we must lay the foundation for a full and equal recovery. Too often in our history profiteers and wealthy interests have exploited moments of national tragedy to line their pockets at the expense of the working people. This must not happen. We must ensure that the bounty of our recovery is fairly distributed, and in particular we must ensure that our rural communities are not left behind.

Last weekend, you have me your mandate for another three months in government. For that I am eternally grateful.

I am asking you to give me a governor in Denver I can work with. Give me a governor who will stand up to the profiteers and the monied interests and who will lead a united government capable of the tremendous and unprecedented effort which will be necessary to make a full recovery.

I say the professional pundits and the political class in Nyman are in for a shock. They are going to find that the people of Colorado are smarter than their ads and their literature suggest.

On Saturday you are going to deliver a blow for the cause of the people. You are going to elect Henrique Teller your next governor. And you are going to elect a Labor majority in the legislature.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies