Labor NPC Campaigns thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:09:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor NPC Campaigns thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25
Author Topic: Labor NPC Campaigns thread  (Read 24960 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2020, 03:00:08 PM »
« edited: August 26, 2020, 03:09:21 PM by Senator tack50 (Lab-Lincoln) »

Ad to air in all states having elections this August:

Organized as the Life of Brian Sketch from "What have the Romans ever done for us?", except it is a Secret Federalist meeting

All people are done using impersonators and actors.

YANKEE: They've bled us white, the Laborites. They've taken everything we had, and not just from us, from our fathers, and from our fathers' fathers.

SPARK: And from our fathers' fathers' fathers.

YANKEE: Yeah.

SPARK: And from our fathers' fathers' fathers' fathers.

YANKEE: Yeah. All right, Spark. Don't labour the point. And what have they ever given us in return?!

BROTHER JONATHAN: Better pensions?

YANKEE: What?

BROTHER JONATHAN: Better pensions.

YANKEE: Oh. Yeah, yeah. They did give us that. Uh, that's true. Yeah.

JESSICA: And great sanitation with a strong COVID response.

SPARK: Oh, yeah, the sanitation, Yankee. Imagine if we had a bad COVID response like the British?

YANKEE: Yeah. All right. I'll grant you pensions and COVID response are two great things that the Laborites have done.

CAO: And the improved safety nets and welfare.

YANKEE: Well, yeah. Obviously the welfare state. I mean, the welfare state goes without saying, doesn't it? But apart from a strong COVID response, pensions, and the welfare state--

MUADDIB: Help for our poor farmers and struggling rural areas.

BROTHER JONATHAN: Healthcare for everyone

FEDERALISTS: Huh? Heh? Huh...

ENCKE: Better Education.

FEDERALISTS: Ohh...

YANKEE: Yeah, yeah. All right. Fair enough.

DEADPREZ: And the justice system reforms.

FEDERALISTS: Oh, yes. Yeah...

LT: Yeah. Yeah, that's something we'd really miss, Yankee, if the Laborites left. Huh.

MUADDIB: Improved public services.

SPARK: And it's safe to walk in the streets at night now, Yankee.

LT: Yeah, they certainly know how to keep order. Let's face it. They're the only ones who could in a place like this.

FEDERALISTS: Hehh, heh. Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh.

YANKEE: All right, but apart from the great COVID response, education, aid for our rural areas, public order, help for our farmers, justice reforms, Social Security,, and public healthcare, what have the Laborites ever done for us?

LT: Brought peace in Korea.

YANKEE: Oh. Peace? Shut up!

Ad ends with the following "off voice narrator": The Labor Party has done all of this during these 18 months in government, and will keep doing such  things for the benefit of all the (insert state patronym, like for example "Michiganders" here). Vote Labor on your local elections
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2020, 03:08:55 PM »

Poster related to the above campaign

Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2020, 10:43:13 PM »
« Edited: August 27, 2020, 06:32:46 PM by Ted Bessell »

"California's Gold"
To air in California

EXT. BEACH, EVENING -- Golden sunset over the Pacific. Scattered beachgoers watching it. Waves crash on the shore, as we cut to...

EXT. YOSEMITE VALLEY -- Shot of Half Dome, covered in snow. The sunset continues. Sounds of the forest, owls hooting.

EXT. DESERT -- The sunset continues. Heat haze over the desert floor, then another cut to...

EXT. HILLS -- Bird's eye shot of hillsides of the Central Coast -- pan up to show sunset continuing over Big Sur.

EXT. BEACH -- Thousands of dead birds washed up on the shore.

INT. CAR, NIGHT -- Cell phone footage as a car drives along a highway through a wildfire.

EXT. WILDFIRE, NIGHT -- Aerial shot of CZU Lightning Complex fires in Santa Cruz. Fire glows, just above suburbs with lights turned on.

EXT. LOS ANGELES -- Heat haze over the L.A. Skyline.

EXT. STREET -- Paramedics treat a heat stroke victim on the sidewalk.

FADE TO BLACK

EXT. STATE CAPITOL -- Uplifting piano music.

INT. OVAL OFFICE -- PERICLES signs a bill. Some political figures, watching from behind the Resolute Desk, applaud.

EXT. STREET -- Pericles talks with wildfire victims, surrounded by burned-out houses.

EXT. BEACH -- The same sunset we saw before. TED BESSELL stands alone, smiling, looks into the camera.

NARRATOR: California -- The Golden State. The only place in Atlasia you can go surfing and skiing...

NARRATOR (CONT'D. UNINTERRUPTED): ...in the same day.

NARRATOR: Our Gold is our state's natural beauty...

NARRATOR (CONT'D.): ...but that beauty is under attack.

NEWS ANCHOR: Thousands of dead birds washed up on a Southern California Beach... is pollution to blame?

NARRATOR: Climate change is ravaging California. Threatening everything we hold dear.

CHILD (IN CAR, OFF-CAMERA): Mommy, I'm scared.

NEWS ANCHOR: Record temperatures today in the Los Angeles Basin... paramedics overwhelmed...

NARRATOR: Climate change is the greatest danger California has ever faced...

NARRATOR (CONT'D.): ..but Labor is fighting back.

NARRATOR: Labor's passed legislation to solve the problem. They're working hard to protect our oceans. To keep California safe from natural disasters.

NARRATOR: And they won't stop fighting until Atlasia beats climate change once and for all.

BESSELL: Vote Labor. Keep up the fight.

NARRATOR (QUICKLY): Paid for by the Labor Party of Atlasia.

END
Boobs
HCP

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2020, 06:04:06 PM »

"Cheers"
To air in northern California

Viz. a beautiful winery chateau with acres of grapevines in the background. Then, HCP and Sev sitting on chairs outside the chateau, acres still behind them .

HCP: Hi, I'm Representative HCP.

Sev: And I'm Representative SevEleven. We'r here in the beautiful, productive Alexander Valley.

HCP: My top priority in Congress has been fighting for California's wine industry.  As we all know, wine is not just a drink - it's a livelihood for so many of us.

Sev: It's because of our love of the land, hard work, and craftsmanship that California wines have become the envy of the world.

HCP: And my bills made sure your hard work got rewarded. But the fight isn't over yet.

Sev: We need a strong Labor majority here in California to carry on the work.

HCP: So it's pretty simple. Vote Labor.

HCP and Sev clink their wine glasses together.

Both: Cheers!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2020, 10:53:18 PM »

Socially-distanced rally in Fairbanks livestreamed by MP Scott

Alaska, this weekend you will have the opportunity to make your voice heard.  In this election, vote for the party that has led this great state, Commonwealth, and nation through this period of turmoil.

Vote for the party that will fight for the planet, while respecting the Alaskan way of life and fulfilling the government's promise to use local energy resources to enrich all its citizens via the permanent fund.

Vote for the party that will improve local infrastructure so that all people will have access to important amenities including education, healthcare, roads, running water, and electricity.

Vote for the party that will purge the culture of corruption that plagues our criminal justice system.

Labor's values are Alaskan values, and Alaskan values are Labor's values.

1. Fairbanks, Alaska.  Source: https://www.explorefairbanks.com/about-explore-fairbanks/what-we-do/marketing/
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2020, 11:27:58 PM »
« Edited: August 27, 2020, 11:45:53 PM by President Pericles »

Presidential visit to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
UNLEASH OKLAHOMA'S POTENTIAL
It's great to be back in Oklahoma! I'd like to thank you all for coming, it's awesome that you are getting out and showing that you care about the future of your state. And indeed, in just a few days time Oklahoma has a very important choice to make-one that could be a turning point for this state.

Oklahoma has been let down by conservative policies for decades. You can see that in your schools. You know that your kids aren't getting the education that kids in other states are getting, the education that your kids deserve. It is time that we invest in Oklahoma kids and teachers. Labor has a plan for real change, so that a vote for Labor candidates will unleash Oklahoma's potential.

You can want change, but change doesn't happen by chance. It happens because we go out and make it happen. There are those who think you'll never turn out for a state election, that your concerns don't matter. That you don't understand how things really work. But who really knows better? Do you really think that corporate fat cats deserve a tax break more than your kids deserve a good education? Do you really think that in the greatest country in the world, we can't even afford to educate our own kids? How dumb is that?!

Our opponents have made clear that they have no real plan, that if they win nothing will really change. It's about time you have leaders that are willing to make the bold, necessary choices to unleash Oklahoma's potential. It's time you reject the politics of despair and post-truth, and embrace the politics of honesty, courage and hope. So get out and vote, and make the change happen. With your support, a better future is possible.

Thank you very much, and Dave bless the state of Oklahoma!
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2020, 01:00:51 AM »

Speech in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Milwaukee is the birthplace of the Atlasian labor movement. It's such a great city. It's an honor to stand in the footsteps of great leaders such as Emil Seidel and Daniel Hoan, who brought impressive public works programs right here in the early 20th century.

Under our Labor administration, we've delivered results that echo the dreams of our forefathers. We've passed a sweeping economic stimulus to boost our livelihood under dark circumstances. We've protected free speech rights to ensure a fair and just society by passing the Assuring Nonviolent Treatment by Interfering with Fascist Authorities Act. We've passed a criminal justice reform bill that ensures people aren't locked up and forgotten about. We've culled the coronavirus as much as possible and things are looking to be on the right track. And we're just getting started.

Voting DA will halt the progress we've made so far. They'll fail you, Milwaukee. They'll fail the entire midwest. They're nothing more than a few coastal elites looking more for a quick spot at power than true solutions for all Atlasia, looking down at the common man and woman. Their Senator voted against protecting our Social Security. Thank God Labor senators saved it, otherwise our seniors would be dealt a death blow during already hard times.

And don't get me started on the Federalists. They're working with the DA in trying to force people to come into work even when it puts them at an extreme risk of contracting the coronavirus. If someone is put into an unsafe work environment and ends up, God forbid, catching and dying from the virus, their family can't sue them. That's just unjust. And I'm a big fan of justice. That's not what I like to see in our country. And that's the future the Feds and DA want for us, unfortunately.

A vote for Labor is a vote for COVID-19 to end. A vote for Labor is a vote for our workers, especially for our healthcare workers. A vote for Labor is a vote for our teachers. A vote for Labor is a vote for the soul of Atlasia as a whole.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2020, 01:18:54 AM »

Speech in Kenosha, WI

For far too long we have allowed injustice to masquerade as justice. What we have seen recently is unacceptable, and a vote for Labor will be a vote to right these wrongs. We cannot allow racial profiling or bigotry from our law enforcement. We cannot allow gun violence to increase uninhibited.

I stand before you tonight to take a pledge. I pledge to fight this injustice and ensure our individual liberties are preserved. I call on you to join me in this fight. Labor, Green, DA, Federalist, we can all work together to solve these issues, but let not a single one go ignored. Make no mistake, this is a matter of life or death. Fighting COVID-19 is a matter of life or death. We must all come together and pave the way the for a more hopeful future. Will others take this pledge? Time is not on their side, as these matters require urgency and swiftness.

By voting Labor, you can ensure that steps will be taken to ensure justice. By voting Labor, you can ensure that the public health will be protected. In times like these, we cannot afford to misstep. Place your faith in trusted leaders, and let's work together to ensure a tranquil future of peace and prosperity.

Thank you, Wisconsin!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2020, 01:37:55 AM »

Statement to the press after returning to Nyman:

The Federalists are sweating badly, because Oklahoma could be about to reject their conservative ideology and vote for real change. They are again misleading the people of Oklahoma. Local devolution is a diversion from what is really at stake. The choices made at the local level are the ones defunding Oklahoma education, and Oklahomans can choose at the local level to give their kids the education they deserve. They are waging a culture war between those who went to college and those who didn't, and with those in different states, but this does nothing to actually help Oklahomans. It is even clearer now that there is no actual plan. What Oklahomans need to ask themselves is this-If conservative policies are the solution, why are Oklahoma kids worse off than those in any other state? The real elitists aren't living in Portland but are getting big fat tax breaks off money that should be going to your kids, right in Oklahoma. Give Labor a chance, and our great team will do so much better than the conservative governments Oklahoma has been stuck with.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2020, 04:49:24 AM »
« Edited: August 28, 2020, 04:53:02 AM by thumb21 »

Delegate and former house Speaker Thumb21 spends the last few days of the campaign in Oklahoma talking to retirees about Labor's plan to expand and protect social security and advocating for local Labor candidates. He speaks to local media:

I've spoken to many great people across Oklahoma in the last few days about the problems they and their families are facing in these hard times. Many of the elderly people I met are aren't getting the money they need to survive because they earned less in their working life. Many women get underpaid under the current system because they've been paid less and if they've stopped working to care for their children or an ill or disabled relative, the system penalises them. The struggling pensioners I spoke to really have a simple and eminently reasonable request, that they should be able to enjoy their retirement having worked hard their whole lives to earn it, without poverty.

The Protect and Expand Social Security Act extends the solvency of social security, adds a new special minimum benefit at 125% of the poverty level to provide a stronger safety net to retirees on low incomes and implements a new credit to value the work of caregivers. The data is there, social security has been one of the most effective anti-poverty programs in the history of our country, but there is still work to be done.

This bill is an example of how a vote for Labor can make a real difference to people's lives. Oklahoma has many great Labor candidates who if elected will work hard to make the system work for ordinary people and I hope Labor wins here and across the country.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2020, 09:15:04 PM »

MP Oregon Blue Dog spent the last days before the election campaigning across California at socially-distanced events and fundraisers, focusing on environmental, economic, and criminal justice issues. He closed the campaign cycle at Los Angeles's Elysian Park for a GOTV event streamed online

Hello, hello! I'd like to thank the people of California for their gracious hospitality. The largest state in the Union has unparalleled diversity, and I feel blessed to have seen it firsthand on this tour. From immigrant laborers in the Central Valley looking for a better shake to the small-business owner in Redding bankrupted by the economic crisis, I've heard so much valuable input from Californians, and this candid feedback on daily life for the little man motivates Labor representatives like me to continue fighting for government that cares for all.

Before I close tonight, I'd like to address recent events. Firstly, like everyone here, I am shocked and horrified at the events that transpired in Kenosha. The fact that a white teenager with an AR could murder two peaceful protesters as police looked on while those same police shot up a black father with no provocation is a stunning - and clear - indictment of our failed criminal justice system. The Jacob Blake shooting reminds us of the pressing need for comprehensive police reform, and Labor (through sponsoring several reform bills in Parliament and Congress) have provided the active leadership California - and the nation - deserve on this pressing issue. On a related note, I've heard attacks from prominent conservative politicians on so-called "Portland Values". As a native Portlander, I'd like to address these attacks - as our city's activist history shows, we haven't hesitated to fight for a more just society that respects its members no matter their race, gender, or sexual orientation. Those are the Portland values the Federalists inveigh against, and we trust that you'll reject this dishonest libel at the ballot box.

In this election, California has a clear choice. From Sacramento to Denver to Nyman, Labor has provided vigorous, progressive leadership and has served as a fervent advocate for the rights of all Atlasians. Labor leaders across the nation reacted with urgency and scientific backing to protect Atlasia from the coronavirus, while also ensuring that workers could continue receiving essential services despite the national lockdown. Labor leaders, on fronts from education to essential personal liberties to anti-poverty initiatives, have brought essential, real change through aggressive legislative packages. And if you elect them, Labor leaders will continue to fight for YOU in the face of tremendous adversity. Here in the Golden State, Labor is on the cusp of securing an outright majority - but we need your help to do it. In these tumultuous times - and I'll quote our esteemed President Pericles here - we need to stick with stable, proven leadership that we know will commit to a progressive agenda here in California. Lives and livelihoods depend on it.

To our friends online who are tuning in right now, thanks for coming! While the sun's already setting here in beautiful Elysian Park, there's still time to vote - to those of you tuning in from an in-person voting station, as long as you're in line by 8PM, you can vote! And to those of you tuning in from home, as long as your ballot's postmarked by today, it will be counted! If you have any last-minute inquiries about mail-in voting, just go to www.laborparty.com/mail-in/ca. That's www.laborparty.com/mail-in/ca.

And now, I'd like to hand the floor over to downtown Los Angeles's next Labor representative...!

Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2020, 09:28:01 PM »

"Grandstand"
To air in Alaska

EXT. PARK -- Rear shot of man speaking from a podium...

...begin PEDESTAL shot, moving camera up while keeping focus on man...

...continue moving up... we can start to see the edge of the park...

...it's gradually revealed that crowd is empty -- the man is speaking to nobody, screaming into the void. People walking dogs and such in the park might give him a glance but nobody stops.

MAN ON PODIUM: [Garbled yelling]

NARRATOR: The Greens say they stand for something. But they aren't standing for anything -- they're grandstanding.

NARRATOR: Green leaders led a pointless and failed strike, hurting our economy and your paychecks... for nothing.

MAN ON PODIUM: ...it's fine, we were in different time zones...

NARRATOR: While millions of workers struggle to pay bills, they rail against... circumcision.

MAN ON PODIUM: [Muffled] ...less pleasurable...

NARRATOR: And when they don't get what they want? They tell people to "die in a ditch."

MAN ON PODIUM: ...die in a ditch!

NARRATOR: So, when you cast your vote, ask this. If the Greens win, will they stand up for you, or  grandstand for themselves? [quickly] Paid for by the Labor Party of Atlasia

END
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2020, 12:15:26 AM »

Anchorage, Alaska

Hello, Anchorage!

The liars and posers in the Dishonest Alliance have been campaigning on saving the Permanent Fund for future generations of Alaskans. Apparently they forgot that Labor already did that over a year ago under the leadership of then-First Minister Scott and myself. Vote for the party that delivers on its promises to build a stronger and more prosperous future for all Alaskans, not the deceivers who can't even be bothered to read the statute book!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2020, 10:32:32 PM »

Next month's map, for quick reference:

(plus Virgin Islands and Los Angeles)
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2020, 10:33:30 PM »

I'll let someone else go to Mississippi, lol.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2020, 06:12:01 PM »

Wikimedia Commons-Rpogge
Excerpt from Rep. FalterinArc's speech at a socially distanced campaign event in West Branch, Iowa:
"Hello, hello, thank you. It's a great day to be in Iowa! I am honored to be here, in the town where President Herbert Hoover was born. He's a true example of an Atlasian (Then-American) success story. Unfortunately many of the people in the society we live in cannot achieve similar aspirations. They are stuck in poverty all their lives. This is only getting worse and worse as the coronavirus ravages our nation. Despite this, we have an opposing party who just wants to cut taxes for the wealthy and leave the rest of us out to dry. This will hurt farmers in Iowa. Only with a strong support system can states such as Iowa thrive. Don't be mistaken by the Greens and the Democratic Alliance. They talk nice, but at the end of the day they are just helping the Federalists even more. They don't understand what you are going through. We do. Vote Labor this September."
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2020, 07:11:29 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2020, 09:49:43 PM by Sev »

Representative SevenEleven addresses a crowd of Los Angeles supporters via virtual town hall.

Good evening Los Angeles! Welcome!

I'm here today because our community is under attack. It is crucial for you to vote and vote Labor if we want to keep our beautiful city, and the stakes have never been higher. Recently, the Green Party said, well, let me find the quote: Ah, yes!

Congrats on us forming a coalition government in the House with the DA and Federalists!

The Green Party and The Democratic Alliance have formed a coalition government with the Federalist Party. And this coalition has an agenda. The coalition's majority is already letting out some of their plans, and let me tell you, folks, it is not pretty. They stand opposed to hate crime protections for marginalized groups. I challenge the coalition to grab a bite to eat at The Black Cat in our very own Silverlake and take in some of the history there. Los Angeles has come a long way and as one of the most diverse cities in the world, we cannot allow hatred to thrive.

What else is the Green-DA-Federalist coalition talking about doing? We've heard them today, loud and clear. The coalition is talking about cutting business off with our southern neighbor, Mexico, one of our greatest trade partners. This coalition doesn't care about the Los Angeles citizen and they don't care about our economy. This coalition doesn't care about the Los Angeles family, either. They advocate rushing into our communities and separating our families, in the name of "deporting illegals". We cannot allow this tyranny to come to power here in Los Angeles. Our vibrant immigrant community is absolutely essential to our economic engine and cultural fabric. Our children are having a hard enough time with this pandemic, to promote deporting parents of Atlasian citizens is cruel and heartless!

There is only one way to stop this Green-DA-Federalist coalition and that's to get up, get out and vote Labor! Tell your friends, tell your family and make your voice hard. The stakes are too high. Los Angeles is under attack! Voting Labor is the only way to preserve our way of life.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2020, 07:42:53 PM »

MP OBD tours Cranley Farms in Oakley, Idaho, and holds a socially distanced, livestreamed rally afterwards

Thanks y'all for coming out today here in Oakley! I'm honored to be in a town that has sent many prominent politicians to the halls of Nyman, while also serving delicious potatoes to french fry connoisseurs the nation over!

One of the most heartwarming stories to come out of the COVID disaster happened here. In April, faced with a devastating halt in business, Cranley Farms here gave away their delectable tater surplus to Idahoans in need - with folks coming in from as far as Moscow to benefit from their generosity. But this model simply isn't sustainable for the good people who spend their livelihoods bringing Idaho potatoes to tables across the nation. The collapse of the food service industry hurts the most here, and if we can't turn things around, thousands of potato farmers across Idaho will lose their paychecks.

That's why the Labor Party - in Idaho and across Atlasia - is working hard to contain and eradicate coronavirus while also safely reviving the Atlasian economy. And they're doing it with specialized plans for each locality instead of impulsive, clumsy policy strokes that either endanger the lives or completely stifle the livelihoods of Atlasians. The East Coast Elitists in the DA and Greens don't see what's going on here and make corrupt backroom deals while working class Idahoans suffer - and we need to send them a clear message by empathetically rejecting their political chicanery. Let's send a strong, principled Labor majority to Boise, and let's finish the war on COVID strong!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2020, 09:53:42 PM »

Excuse me, but most of our members are in Alaska and the Mountain Range and Plain States as seen in the map below

The elitist marker by geography goes in order to the Liberal Alliance, DA, Labor+, Feds, and then finally us according to the most up to date markers in the census.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2020, 10:00:16 PM »

Excuse me, but most of our members are in Alaska and the Mountain Range and Plain States as seen in the map below

The elitist marker by geography goes in order to the Liberal Alliance, DA, Labor+, Feds, and then finally us according to the most up to date markers in the census.
...is PSOL of Alaska. Still, when you see him taking that Kielbasa down like a champ, you know he’s a Chicago boy. A naughty one too uuuh!
Not really, Chicago carpetbagger. Not to mention that Laki's also a (very recent) Lincoln expat. 
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2020, 10:15:53 PM »

Chicago really isn’t that elitist of a city tbh
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2020, 10:59:54 PM »

Press-release and post on social media platforms by the New York Labor Party.
NY LABOR FOR GUN SAFETY LAWS:
WE WILL protect New Yorkers from gun violence by-
1. expanding background checks.
2. keeping guns out of the hands of criminals & the mentally ill.
3. imposing harsh additional penalties for the use of illegal guns in crimes.

Don't trust the other parties
ONLY LABOR will get it done
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2020, 11:33:40 AM »

Frémont Parliament Speaker Scott kicks off his first socially distanced September tour in Williamson, West Virginia

What an honor it is to be here in the great state of West Virginia!

You know, if you've listened to the mainstream news and Federalist outlets, one would believe that the left has lost touch with its working-class base in communities like here in Mingo County. But nothing could be further from the truth. Labor, despite what some would want you to believe, is a big tent party.

West Virginia Labor understands that we do things a little differently in this state. West Virginia Labor celebrates our hardworking coal miners who put their lives at risk each day to keep the lights on. West Virginia Labor supports the right of law-abiding citizens, as guaranteed by our Constitution, to keep and bear arms for the safety of themselves and their loved ones. As an outspoken supporter of gun rights myself and a former Labor senator who fought the administration on this issue, I can attest to the great diversity within our party.

But if there is one uniting principle within our party, it is solidarity with all working men and women.

And that includes miners. Because West Virginia Labor understands that the safety net must extend to all people, including those displaced by the ongoing transition to renewable energy and increased automation in mining jobs that have decimated the state economy.

The Labor plan for West Virginia is simple: invest in our coal towns and diversify the state economy so that we can create new job opportunities and incentivize young people to stay. Give displaced miners the opportunity to retrain, and financially support those no longer able to work, including people who have fallen ill from black lung disease or been injured on the job. And while we're at it, hold the coal barons accountable and rigorously enforce safety standards.

Labor believes that stewardship of our planet and ensuring prosperity for coal towns are not mutually exclusive. Vote for the party that has always stood for workers. Vote for the party that supports great organizations like the United Mine Workers and the right to organize. Vote for the party that has West Virginia's interests at heart.

1. Williamson rises above Tug Fork: https://wvexplorer.com/photo-galleries/gallery-hatfield-mccoy-region/williamson-wv/
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2020, 02:58:01 PM »

This ad to appear on TV stations in Iowa, North Carolina, Massachusetts, The Virgin Islands, New York and Los Angeles:

(Clip taken from Speaker Joseph Cao's twitter account:)
"not a single one of our federal or state officeholders has ever expressed a wish to deport illegals or cut off business with Mexico, nor have they introduced legislation to that effect."
(Freeze frame as the camera goes black and white. Narrator cuts in with eerie music)
Speaker Cao says the Labor party is lying about the Federalists. Let's look at the facts.
Congresswoman Jessica supports a bill that would fine small business owners hundreds of dollars or even send them to prison just for hiring an undocumented worker. Has the federalist party denounced the bill? The answer is no. They won't stand up to their own members if they need the votes.
(overlay with black and white footage of several Federalist party members casting votes.)
We need to elect a party that will protect immigrants and have courage to stand up to attacks on them.
(Inspiring music plays with overlay with footage of several Labor party members giving stump speeches, then a cut to the Labor logo. )
Vote Labor this September.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2020, 11:55:55 PM »

Excerpt from a socially distanced campaign event at the University of Iowa in Iowa City 9/10/20

Wikimedia Commons-Vkulikov
Hello Iowa City! It's been great to visit your state in the last few days. I've gotten to talk with farmers all over the state who are worried about if their farms are going to be able to survive. I've met with essential workers who have been working day and night to fight the crisis facing this nation. I've gotten to talk with children who are worried about the times they are growing up in. And I've listened to their concerns and been able to look them in the eye and tell them "Labor is here for you." takes sip of water I'm here today with some former Green party members. They've told me they're coming over to Labor and we welcome them with open arms! They understand that whatever our differences, we are united in our efforts to promote social justice and promoting what's best for all Atlasians. We're the party of the worker! The common man! Of left-wing values! So if I could ask you, if you are going to post on social media about this event, tag it with #greentolabor. We need to spread the message far and wide to former Greens that it is crucial we elect a Labor majority here in Iowa and across our nation. Let's keep the progress going!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies