30,000 boaters for Trump

(1/14) > >>

Beet:
https://www.newsweek.com/trump-boat-parade-world-record-lake-murray-1515891

I'm telling you he's epically popular. His supporters don't talk to pollsters. Liberals are in for a shock on election night.

Badger:
Quote from: Beet on July 10, 2020, 02:14:16 AM

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-boat-parade-world-record-lake-murray-1515891

I'm telling you he's epically popular. His supporters don't talk to pollsters. Liberals are in for a shock on election night.

Best,  please tell me you're joking, and you're really not this big of a rube.

But then again, according to your other multitude of predictions, we're all going to die of coronavirus the next four months anyway, so it all evens out.

Xing:
0/10, not your best concern troll post by a long shot.

Beet:
Quote from: Xing on July 10, 2020, 02:25:12 AM

0/10, not your best concern troll post by a long shot.

Interesting how any support for the theory that Trump has massive support not picked up by the polls is immediately discounted as "trolling." After Trump's Tulsa rally, liberals crowed that the mediocre turnout meant that enthusiasm for him had dimmed. I myself even wondered if I had been wrong. But it was always possible that the Tulsa rally was simply a result of Trump supporters social distancing-- they wanted to attend, but chose to be responsible instead. Liberals can't comprehend that Trump supporters are also responsible and don't want to spread Covid-19.

We had our first glimpse of this actually when a large boat rally turned out for Trump on his birthday, with thousands of people lining up at the piers of San Diego to wish him well. This is San Diego, mind you, in liberal California -- not exactly a Trumpian hotbed. And this wasn't an organized rally. Yet thousands of people spontaneously lined the piers and streets for him, despite there being no speech, no tickets, no nothing.

The fact that Trump got about 3,400 boats to do a rally for him is nothing short of remarkable for a few reasons. First, by most statistics, less than 10% of Americans actually own a boat. So 90% of Americans could not participate in this even if they had wanted to. If I, for instance, wanted to participate, I could not have. So,
(1) The fact that, even with over 90% of Americans excluded, about 3,400 boaters still showed up for him is amazing.
(2) Showing up for a boat rally is not the same thing as showing up for a regular rally. For a regular rally, all you need to do are show up, walk in, and stand around. But for a boat rally--and people came to this rally from all over the country, even states like Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, according to one Fox News report-- requires you to (a) transport your boat, (b) launch you boat, (c) rig your boat, (d) navigate your boat in the water next to thousands of others, (e) spend hours in your boat. In other words, the effort required is orders of magnitude greater than it takes to attend a rally. And yet these people were willing to do it. That speaks to enormous enthusiasm.

Can you think of a single other political candidate who had a similar rally, let alone a losing candidate?

In reality, boating represents a good cross section of middle American society, because despite the substantial investment required, about 63% of boat owners had incomes of less than $75,000. Almost all the boat owners I've known have been regular Joes. And these aren't isolated people who just loaf around online, drinking on weekends, and being solitary like some urban millennial liberals. Since boating is a group activity, these are social people who are closely connected with family, friends, and other networks. In other words, influencers. These people are a good representation of the pulse of Middle America and their enthusiasm for Trump speaks volumes.

afleitch:
Bernie's massive crowds propelled him to the nomination twice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page