Federalist Party NPC Elections HQ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:58:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Federalist Party NPC Elections HQ
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15
Author Topic: Federalist Party NPC Elections HQ  (Read 11499 times)
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2020, 06:48:11 PM »

Amending the above internet ads to halt at 11:59 PM on September 10th and resume at midnight September 12th.

Wise leadership as always, Mr. Chairman. I will direct the DSP to not run any of our radio ads for the same period as listed above and to not put up any billboards this Friday.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2020, 12:31:00 AM »
« Edited: September 10, 2020, 01:24:45 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Charlotte Campaign Office Opening
This visit to the newly opened Charlotte HQ occurred with six feet social distancing being maintained and with overflow rooms set up using flat screens to broadcast the remarks and minimize staff in a single room. Masks are required by everyone in the venue and temperatures and symptoms are checked at the door.

I would like to thank all of you for your efforts and working so hard in the cause of helping to elect federalism this September in the state of North Carolina. I have previous expressed my commitment to helping you ensure that working together on all levels we will not be outgunned the way were last time and we will do what it takes to ensure that we contest the airwaves and just as importantly that we do everything that we need to do to make sure that we are also pounding the pavement in a way that is safe with all covid precautions.

In Wake Forest, I listed a number of steps that need to be taken and things that will thus need to be prioritized in this effort and those would thus of course including GOTV, Canvassing, Persuasion, and voter registration. I want to talk to you today about canvassing and frankly this is really difficult these days so in an effort to make this more practical, we are going to be using technology where possible and working to minimize direct person to person contact. While this comes with some risk of reduced effectiveness it is once again important to ensure that all covid precautions are being met.

This is a very important city for us and for our state as a whole an I am counting on your to make sure that we have an active, on the ground presence in this city to the tune of what has never been seen before, that will work to ensure that we remain competitive and on track to win statewide by first having a strong showing right here in Charlotte and in its surrounding suburbs.

It might just seem like one voter and you might just seem like one person but each voter you make contact with and network with to facilitate them coming to the polls and voting as part of our GOTV effort, will thus be one step closer to our ultimate victory here in the state of North Carolina. I wish you the best of luck and good health and I want to thank you for your dedication to ensuring the electoral victory for Main Street Federalism during the September campaign cycle.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2020, 12:56:02 AM »
« Edited: September 10, 2020, 01:25:01 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Lenoir, NC
This was part round table discussion and part address by Senator NC Yankee dealing with issues of post industrial communities, economic diversification and revitalization and the need for a comprehensive approach while campaigning for NC Federalist Party candidates. Six feet social distancing was being maintained, with overflow rooms set up using flat screens to broadcast the remarks and minimize staff in a single room. Masks are required by everyone in the venue and temperatures and symptoms are checked at the door.

excerpt from the round table:
I used to work for Broyhill Furniture for over ten years until a consolidation eliminated my job. A lot of my former co-workers experienced the same thing around that time. I am just about at the age of retirement and there isn’t much hope employment wise in this area, furthermore what I am really concerned about is what the next generation is going to do and while a lot of them have moved away, many are staying here, what are they going to do and how will they raise their families.

I have listened to your comments and I have been struck by a profound sense of both disappointment in our system but also resilience and determination. You generally find this same sentiment expressed not only here in many parts of rural NC, but many other places around here. The industry may differ, here it is the decline of the furniture industry, but in many other places it may be cars, or steel or defense, and the outcome is same, loss of jobs, declining tax base and its effects on the schools and all to often there is a strong current of addiction that flows in the wake of these problems.

For a long time the answer from the higher ups has been retraining, has been go back to school and to the children has been get a degree at all costs even a mountain of debt because it will pay off. I think there have been way too many simple solutions offered by people who have never once had to figure out how they are going to survive now that their jobs have been eliminated. Academics can talk about how this is natural transition, but that doesn't put food on table. Politicians can talk of the benefits of trade in the aggregate, but that isn't going to pay the rent. Elitists can dismissively suggest you move to greener pastures.

In some cases it was not a natural transition, it was a willful decision to unilaterally embrace free trade while other countries pursue mercantilism of the modern variety thus leaving us in a perilous disadvantage. We have seen tax policies structured to reward international monopolies at the expense of domestic and main street business. We have seen a lack of support in terms of targeted infrastructure, skills based education and decline in many other areas where you could have had a much better outcome.

This is not a problem that can be solved with generalized tax cuts as they tend to help those areas the most that are already doing well. Therefore, what is necessary is a comprehensive plan, a plan that will restore and strengthen businesses on main street. A plan that helps and encourages small business and entrepreneurship, including especially small business manufacturing. Sure simplifying the tax code and regulatory framework is necessary, but there are important steps beyond that, which cannot be overlooked and forgotten.

Education does play a vital role and we need a reform of curriculum to ensure that our kids are prepared to succeed in the economy at the same time we need to get better at teaching various subjects and also bring back teaching in technical skills and other program that have been eliminated because of cost cutting. When the classes for the non-college bound students are the first to go because of cost cutting and when their is a generalized stigma favoring college bound students, we don't have the recipe for success that we need.

It also involves paring up technical education programs with employers and thus have a defined job waiting at the end of the program as that is often an area where a lot of these programs end up falling through the cracks. I think that is important to building a stronger economic situation in a region, is to ensure the transition of people who have obtained new skills into higher paying jobs.

There is also the infrastructure component and in the modern era, the access to the internet is the key I think to being able to farm local business to provide services over the internet and this could be a successful mode towards getting good high paying jobs, for people here in the area in businesses that are heavily connected with or have a high proportion of their business online.

When it comes to trade, while most of that is handled Federally and we should at the Federal level ensure that we aren't throwing these new an small businesses to the cheating wolves so to speak, at the same time there is the possibility of incentivizing companies to locate and remain within the confines of North Carolina, though there are some risks to this system of abuse and thus it needs to be carefully instituted and monitored.

Lastly, I want to close by stressing the importance of not automatically writing off every community that is struggling. I think there are tremendous opportunities for the your area, for Lenoir and thus I strongly urge you to come out and vote Federalist for NC Government, and together we will seek out these opportunities for local growth and prosperity.

Thanks and have a Blessed Evening!!!  
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2020, 01:19:06 AM »

Wheeling, WV - If you want something done, you gotta do it yourself
This speech was conducted to campaign for state level Federalist Candidates. With six feet social distancing being maintained and with overflow rooms set up using flat screens to broadcast the remarks and minimize staff in a single room. Masks are required by everyone in said office and temperatures and symptoms are checked at the door.

Hello West Virginia,

I am so glad to be here tonight, and here to see such great energy from the great people of West Virginia. Better be careful or that kind of energy might get banned too. Just saying!

There is of course more at stake here than just energy policy. Let me be clear, the Federalist Party wants energy diversification, but we want it to happen responsibly. If we don't do this right, the poor, the working people are going to be squeezed out of existence, they aren't going to be able to get by. If we are going to switch to alternatives then we need to subsidize production and/or invest in the technology that will bring the costs of the alternatives down to meet the customers were they are so their standards of living are not wiped out. This is not just a nice thing to have, it is the only way to ensure that any alternative energy strategy is politically sustainable.

While are on the subject of sustainability, let's talk for a minute about finance. I find it deeply troubling that simply because of governing majority years ago before the formation of Atlasia decided that deficits don't matter, that they don't matter now. The problem with this is that it presumes that the unique conditions that have allowed us to survive so far are natural and permanent, but any serious study of the situation would conclude that the combination of outsourcing, the global reserve currency and oil being traded in dollars has come together to create a situation where the traditional rules do not apply, but that is only so long as these conditions hold up, after that the consequences could be severe and by then it would be too late to fix that situation. That is why we need fiscal sustainability NOW!

The last thing that I want to talk about tonight is the importance of helping our families in these tough times. We are a pro-family party, but that doesn't mean throwing rhetorical and hateful political grenades without every doing anything tangible. It means that tax incentives need to not penalize families in their structure. It means creating a diverse economy based on the comprehensive strategy I have laid out and will lay out in even more detail in the coming days, combining tax, regulatory, trade, education and infrastructure into a small business and small business manufacturing strategy to rebuild and revitalize our economy. Lastly, it means that we work to combat addiction with an emphasis on rehabilitation and restoring families, not mass incarceration with the side effect of ripping families apart.

Thank you and have a blessed evening!!!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2020, 01:56:22 AM »

Binghamton, NY
This speech was conducted to campaign for state level Federalist Candidates. With six feet social distancing being maintained and with overflow rooms set up using flat screens to broadcast the remarks and minimize staff in a single room. Masks are required by everyone in the venue and temperatures and symptoms are checked at the door.

BINGHAMTON!!!!!!

Its been far too long!

If it weren't for Covid, we would all be having Spiedies tonight on me. This might be a bit of risk but Southern Tier Cooking is way underappreciated. Of course I am biased, I did grow up on it myself.

So how about it, ARE WE GOING TO WIN NY?  

YES!!!!!!

Now that's the spirit I am talking about. We can do it, but I need you to be strong for me later this month. I need you to get you family, your friends, your neighbors, get them come out and vote for the main street Federalist slate this September. If the Southern Tier and upstate NY come in strong, we are in a great place to win this thing, I know you can do it.

Now are opponents are going to come out and try and scare you. I need you be strong and take our advertising to heart on this matter. Labor will say and do anything when they get desperate enough. Remember the Greens?

Who?

Exactly!!!

Now that I have got your energy up, let's talk policy for a bit. I know very well things have not been easy for this community in recent years. Floods in 2006 and 2011, massive losses of defense industries, IBM in Endicott and now the retail apocalypse has claimed the Oakdale Mall in Johnson City.

We need a comprehensive strategy to revitalize main street, to help these towns, cities and communities that have been completely left behind. We love the city, but for New York to succeed we all need to succeed together. As I recall they used to speak of New York as a backwards L tipped over with Buffalo at the long end and NYC at the short end, and the money, power and influence tends to flow one way or the other. For a long time the city was doing badly and the upstate was doing well, now the last twenty years it has been reversed.

For the first time our objective is to bring all of NY up together!!!

Its starts by creating tax and regulatory policy that help out small business and I trust you all saw Old School Republican's presentation on tax policies. It then goes on from there to include education, and I trust you saw BG-NY's townhall on that, with a massive reform to curriculum to improve the quality of our schools, foreign language and a lot of other stuff. I encourage you to review both presentations if you haven't already. It also requires a trade policy federally that doesn't throw new startups to the wolves in a very uneven playing field. We need to role in technical education, infrastructure (including rural broadband), entrepreneurship and beneficial tax policies together to create a dynamic 21st century small business and manufacturing plan that works to strengthen our small towns and bring them into the world of e-commerce.

For use to create a New York that rises together, we need the state and local governments to be a partnership, not a dictation from above, a partnership that relies on a reasonable balance of power based on tradition, not usurping authority because one party in Albany doesn't like what another in Binghamton is doing. Such a balance of power will build trust in a region that for a long time was given secondary consideration and with said trust will enable state government to achieve better progress on economic development, education, environmental protection and many other facets of state and local policy.

We can do this together. If you are strong for us this September, we will be strong for you in Albany, we will work with you, not dictate to you, and achieve progress and success on a range of issues, including the ones that I have described above. We can eliminate the L dynamic of one part of the state doing badly while the other succeeds and work to ensure that both succeed. I urge you to come out in strength and vote for your Main Street Federalist candidates for a strong and united New York.

Thanks and have a Blessed Evening!!!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2020, 02:13:45 AM »

Manhattan, New York City
This speech was conducted to campaign for state level Federalist Candidates. With six feet social distancing being maintained and with overflow rooms set up using flat screens to broadcast the remarks and minimize staff in a single room. Masks are required by everyone in the venue and temperatures and symptoms are checked at the door.

NEW YORK!!!!

I am glad to be joined today but the Federalist Mayor of New York City today. Last July, you shocked everyone when you went to the polls and decided to elect a Main Street Federalist Mayor. If we can deliver that kind of strength in the city, I am confident that we can win statewide. I think we can do even better than that in the city, though that depends on your.

We have a agenda, not an agenda for NYC against the rest of the state or for the upstate to milk off of NYC, we have an agenda that will build and strengthen all of New York together.

For you New York strong is not just a slogan its a way of life. You deserve a state government in Albany that will respect the city and won't constantly seek to override the city as so often happens. The Main Street Federalists believe in local control and that includes the city of New York itself. We believe that you can accomplish more with a positive partnership then with a negative relationship of dictation and distrust from above. With a positive partnership between New York City and Albany, there is going to be far greater success in many areas, including especially an issue that is very critical here and everywhere and that is education.

Speaking of education, I trust you saw the presentation on curriculum reform and education changes in Buffalo. We need to improve the education system so that it better serves the students, so that it teaches and prepares the students to succeed not only economically but in terms of civics and government participation, and I am sure we share a common and deep concern for the unabated spread of false information on the internet and the rise of extremist groups and conspiracy theories that it has thus enabled. Better education of the process early on in school and also teaching kids better how to learn and decipher fact from fiction will enable us to get past this present era of mistrust, cynicism and confirmation bias. While this solution is not a magic bullet or a simple solution, there are few simple solution to any particular problem and thus I will not pretend that this is the only thing necessary to cut done on these disturbing trends.

While we are on the subject of these groups, it must be noted that the Federalist Party strongly believes in equality before the law, the protection of the minority view from the majoritarian fiat or government excess and the constitutional protections and institutions that work to protect one's natural born liberties and rights.

Now our opponents will be getting desperate and we know what they do when they desperate. So I need you to be strong and resist the narratives set by negative advertising that will assuredly be coming your way. If we stay strong together, we can surprise everyone again and win New York state.

It's time for a change. Vote Main Street Federalist for a stronger and united New York that advances together.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2020, 07:28:29 AM »

Rally in Spencer, West Virginia with state and local candidates. To be aired on local morning news networks and radio shows. All in person attendees were required to wear masks and were required to adhere to social distancing standards.

Good morning, West Virginia! I'm here this morning to talk about your upcoming election, and how that affects hardworking people like you. The Federalist Party has always been the party of the everyday man and woman. It is the party of people who understand what it's like to work for a living, who depend on the wages they currently earn, and who just want to live their lives to the best of their abilities, without the government swooping in and taking what we have, leaving us with scraps. This election is your chance to tell the Nyman elites trying to influence this election that they don't represent West Virginia values. When legislation was put forward in Nyman towards investing in Appalachia, prominent Laborites said harmful statements such as "Is there a reason we should invest in this area as opposed to our cities and regions where people aren't leaving and actually want to live in?" and "I am concerned prioritizing a very, very white rural region over all of our struggling urban areas and even struggling predominantly minority areas sends the wrong message." Unlike the Labor Party, we understand that West Virginia is your home. We understand that this is where your family was brought up, where you were brought up, and where you want your children to be brought up. We understand how hard it is to embrace traditions in a modern society. We understand what it's like to not have your voices heard by the people in power. This is your home, and this is your time to speak up, and to fight for it.

This election decides if you want to defend your livelihood, or if you want your elected officials to bow down and cater to the demands of the Labor Party mob in Nyman, giving up everything you have in the process.

You deserve a government that understands and empathizes with your needs, not a government that mocks you and puts you down for values that doesn't align with theirs. You deserve a government that represents you, a government that only the Federalist Party can offer.

Thank you all for your time and support. May God bless you all, and bless the state of West Virginia!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2020, 08:32:04 AM »

Rallies will be socially distanced with masks mandatory. Masks will be handed out at the door for those without.

Rally in Smithfield, NC

Our party, the Federalist Party, stands strongly for the Constitution. We vow to continue to uphold the great governing documents of this amazing region and country of ours. We promise dignity and integrity from all of our elected officials. We undertake this campaign to rid this country of a self-righteous majority. We will govern as the people's party for all Atlasians. This is because only we know accountability is most possible at a lower-level of government. If a representative is responsible for serving the interests of more constituents, fewer people will be satisfied. In larger and larger districts it is harder to hear each constituent voice and thus is the fundamental problem with centralism.

This is why we support federalism. Federalism is about equality of power between our regions and our glorious country. It is about having a government that is strong enough to defend its people and to provide essential services, but not empowered enough to take away our freedoms. It is a federal government that knows the regions and below that, the states, the counties, the municipalities, can decide for themselves. To. Each. His. Own. We do not support regionalism—that system that died in this country with the Articles of Confederation. We support a strong, limited federal government partnered with strong, empowered regional governments.

Thank you for coming out this morning and please stay safe. God bless you all and may God bless this great state, region, and country of ours.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2020, 01:26:08 PM »

Rallies will be socially distanced with masks mandatory. Masks will be handed out at the door for those without. Temperature checks will be taken at the door.

Rally in Greensboro, NC

I am excited to speak to y'all as your new Federalist state party chair. I am very glad we have the experienced leadership of our Federalist party chairman, Senator, and President Pro Tempore Yankee. As long as we have his steady leadership this party will always be the party of unity from the center to the right, the party of federalism, and the party of measured, steady action.

I am so proud to have had had the opportunity to serve this great region as Governor earlier this year. I have such a strong state and regional pride, that I know many of y'all share with me. Our region is beyond compare, and tar heels, in particular—we hold our state in a special place in our hearts, but we are Southerners, all.

This is why regionalism is so important. State pride, regional pride matters. Free speech matters. The federal government is so often out of touch and the White House is consistently occupied by Labor Presidents. If we had a completely centralist system, what would come of our right to religion, to free speech, to arms?

This party will always stand up for your rights, for local governments, for regional governments, and for our Constitutions, regional and national. Please vote for your local Federalist candidates for life— before and after birth—liberty, and one's ability to pursue happiness, to do as he will so long as he doesn't impede the rights of others.

Thank you for coming out and stay safe. God bless!

Rally in Winston-Salem, NC

This party is often attacked as radical, as extremist but that is just not the case. I can say this honestly as the Secretary of our party's own Moderate caucus. When I was welcomed into the Federalist party first, in 2017, I considered myself a democratic socialist—as many of you know, I came to the center over the past few years—I recall one instance in which Chairman Yankee came to my defense, citing our party's legitimate main street values as a potential reason for my party switch.

In the summer of 2017, I was elected to a full term in the Chamber of Delegates as a Federalist. Later in that term, I became an Independent because I came to feel that I was too out of sync with the party, politically. I think for where I was in 2017 this is true, as I still self-identified as a democratic socialist but if you are moderate, or in the center (as I am now), or if you are more conservative, this party is your home.

I strongly encourage you to support our local Federalist candidates. This party stands for the critical values of regionalism, free-market competition, and personal freedom.

Rally in High Point, NC

As our party's slogans say, this is the party of the Constitution, family, market competition. This is all true. Our party strongly believes in regionalism and in upholding the Constitution of our great country and region. We believe in following our governing documents to the "t."

We, as Federalists, believe in the free market. I strongly consider myself a capitalist. I think, however, that some regulations are needed, particularly to prevent monopolization. Monopolization, in my view, drives up costs because the monopoly can set the costs and drive competitors out of business. Our party, though, has four caucuses. This party is a big tent and anyone moderate or more conservative will be at home with us as your partisans.

Our party firmly supports the family. I believe children are better off if they are raised by their parents, preferably two. I also tend to believe children should be born in wedlock, but I don't think any regulations in this area should be enacted or changed regarding children. I think this is a view shared by some, or in fact, many of my fellow partisans. Some of my partisans believe a child is better off when raised by a man and a woman. While I don't share this view, I can respect it because most or all of my partisans who have this position say they would not pursue changes to the law, or that they disagree but they do not believe the government should do anything regarding same-sex parents.

As someone who is moderate on most issues, or conservative on some and liberal on others, I am at home in this party. I encourage you to support your local Federalist candidates. We do not all agree on everything; our party is not a monolith and we do not pretend it but as a big tent our party has an average that is nowhere near radicalism.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2020, 03:28:05 PM »

The following ads will be run in North Carolina, West Virginia, Kentucky, and Mississippi through this evening, pausing on tomorrow, and resuming on Saturday, through election day.

Quote from: DSP Radio Ad
Nine Labor party members, many of them high up in that party's leadership switched their party registration to Green, only to re-register as Labor once they had appointed their own nominee to a vacant Green seat in the House. The people elected a non-Labor majority. Why does Labor scheme like this to preserve their own power...? Because they are afraid the people will soon throw them out of government. Help us to toss out the corrupt and to renew accountable, respectable government again. Vote Federalist in your state and local elections. Our democracy is at stake.

Quote from: DSP Radio Ad (Alternative Version)
Nine Labor party members, many of them high up in that party's leadership switched their party registration to Green, only to re-register as Labor once they had appointed their own nominee to a vacant Green seat in the House. The people elected a non-Labor majority. When we called out their scheme, they accused non-Labor members of the Southern Chamber of trying to steal the governorship, but a Labor candidate has now been elected. End the baseless attacks. Vote Federalist.

Quote from: DSP TV ad
(Voiceover by Fmr. Gov. West_Midlander while the quotes below are shown on-screen, one-at-a-time): Nine Labor party members, many of them high up in that party's leadership switched their party registration to Green, only to re-register as Labor once they had appointed their own nominee to a vacant Green seat in the House. The people elected a non-Labor majority. When we called them out on their scheme, they accused non-Labor members in the Southern Chamber of trying to steal the governorship, but a Labor candidate has now been elected.

(Fmr. Gov. WM seated in classic political ad form delivers the end of the advertisement, maybe in a sweater to connect more with viewers, especially as a non-office-holder): Many of these folks I worked closely with and used to respect very deeply but to see them deal in such political gamesmanship is so disheartening. If you believe, as I do, that we should restore integrity to government, I encourage you to vote Federalist in this election. Thank you for listening, and God Bless.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2020, 03:37:36 PM »

Maybe you guys should have picked someone else to do that ad? It seems pretty hypocritical to have West_Midlander making the attack, given the people elected a Labor Governor but he ended up making them have a Federalist Governor.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2020, 03:59:06 PM »

Maybe you guys should have picked someone else to do that ad? It seems pretty hypocritical to have West_Midlander making the attack, given the people elected a Labor Governor but he ended up making them have a Federalist Governor.
By 1 vote, and if West_Midlander was the Fed Candidate, West_Midlander would have won because his vote would have switched.

You and Jersey Cop are still angry about something that was decided by 1 vote.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2020, 04:20:49 PM »
« Edited: September 10, 2020, 04:28:05 PM by West_Midlander »

I chose to switch parties mostly because the culture in Labor is toxic and oppressive; thank you for proving my point, Mr. President. Y'all hijacked a party to steal a House seat. And it's pretty comical to be lectured by someone who bullies a person with mental health issues after he leaves the game. (It is a game, after all, Peri. Please grow up a little; there is no reason to be so cruel and petty to anyone).

I'm sick of being made out to be the bad guy. Laki screwed himself and everyone else over with his own stupidity. We're all better off with him no-good riddance.

And it makes sense for me to make this ad. I looked up to many of y'all in Labor before. It's further justification for my leaving that party, what y'all did just now in stealing that seat. Some who I thought weren't as bad as the leaders are (because they had a part in this), which is disheartening.

EDIT: If someone else posted this, y'all would just say, "what about the 'attempted' coup and West_Midlander??" anyway.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2020, 04:39:02 PM »
« Edited: September 10, 2020, 04:42:59 PM by President Pericles »

I chose to switch parties mostly because the culture in Labor is toxic and oppressive; thank you for proving my point, Mr. President. Y'all hijacked a party to steal a House seat. And it's pretty comical to be lectured by someone who bullies a person with mental health issues after he leaves the game. (It is a game, after all, Peri. Please grow up a little; there is no reason to be so cruel and petty to anyone).

I'm sick of being made out to be the bad guy. Laki screwed himself and everyone else over with his own stupidity. We're all better off with him no-good riddance.

And it makes sense for me to make this ad. I looked up to many of y'all in Labor before. It's further justification for my leaving that party, what y'all did just now in stealing that seat. Some who I thought weren't as bad as the leaders are (because they had a part in this), which is disheartening.

EDIT: If someone else posted this, y'all would just say, "what about the 'attempted' coup and West_Midlander??" anyway.

There wasn't any basis to your claims of a toxic culture, either now or importantly for you-at the time you defected. It's hard to refute when you're making a sweeping generalisation, but if you want to lay out specific details I'll be happy to rebut them point by point.

EDIT; If you prefer, we can also go over this by PM. Unlike some people, I don't leak private conversations, and certainly won't be doing so in the future.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2020, 05:00:20 PM »
« Edited: September 10, 2020, 05:14:56 PM by West_Midlander »

This basically goes back all the way to the primary. A pro-machine party that puts political gamesmanship and winning at all costs above the good of the game, even driving good players out of the game due to bullying or bullying people into certain actions.

Another reason I left Labor and voted for LT was I felt that MB just bent to the party, and obviously it was a good deal for him in the long run but that he accepted the presidential primary basically being stolen. I didn't want to be a part of a party—where underhanded tactics are just the norm, even against internal factions of the party—like that anymore. And I didn't want to go back to Peace because I realized Peace was too left-wing for me, plus they are just a puppet of Labor.

EDIT: Ideologically, I am probably a little to Spark's right. I could fit in Labor as a conservative member but I expected that my gubernatorial bid would've been abandoned in April (by Labor) if I remained in the party since I went against its wishes. The party [Labor] did GOTV and since I can fit in either party ideologically I thought I would join a party that appreciates me as a member. I don't care that I lost in April, though and I figured y'all might've left me out to dry anyway (if I stayed Labor) instead of trying a primary, or that I would've lost a primary if one resulted since I appointed fhtagn as AG and did some other conservative-friendly EOs. It's the South, I was simply trying to govern as a moderate but it was too far, ig. The outrage I received was pretty big (on discord, at the time) and since you and windjammer supported a two-region strategy (as opposed to three), anyway, I figured you'd just abandon the South since you didn't have a solid partisan in the Governor's mansion there.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2020, 05:00:45 PM »

There wasn't any basis to your claims of a toxic culture, either now or importantly for you-at the time you defected. It's hard to refute when you're making a sweeping generalisation, but if you want to lay out specific details I'll be happy to rebut them point by point.

EDIT; If you prefer, we can also go over this by PM. Unlike some people, I don't leak private conversations, and certainly won't be doing so in the future.
Yes there is, House seat, tmth, two days ago.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2020, 05:24:32 PM »

Okay please stop arguing in this thread. I cannot split from my phone but if you feel so necessitated to comment bump the commentary thread linked in the stickied AFE Notice board post.

I am suspending the ad in question till I can review it, all other events, ads etc will suspend at 11:59 PM for the duration of the subsequent 24 hours.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2020, 05:28:35 PM »

Okay please stop arguing in this thread. I cannot split from my phone but if you feel so necessitated to comment bump the commentary thread linked in the stickied AFE Notice board post.

I am suspending the ad in question till I can review it, all other events, ads etc will suspend at 11:59 PM for the duration of the subsequent 24 hours.

Yeah good point, I was going to make another post but I won't clog up this thread any further.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2020, 05:31:10 PM »

To second Yankee's post, it's really easier to grade the whole thing if the specific threads are not filled with arguments about the content of a campaign. Would be ideal if the earlier commentary thread could be used (or I could open a new one)
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2020, 10:40:29 PM »

Speech in Mariposa, California

Greetings Californians,

I hope this online speech during the wildfires will keep you energized for the future. These are crucial times for Californians. Remember when California was the booming western state everyone rushed to for freedom and opportunity? The wild wild west isnt symbolic because of the few outlaws that existed. It's symbolic because in the west people were free to pursue their own interests without violating the freedom of others. The west embodied personal sovereignty  and California was the place to move. Now, it's a cesspool for totalitarianism. The freedoms Californians once had are being eroded. Those that believe in authority over California are mandating what Californians can and cannot due. As a result, the wellbeing of Californians is constantly at risk. You can see this in a variety of ways.

The police have been militarized at an unprecedented level and those that condemn the police state are treated as anti-police and soft on crime. When the homeland promotes the same enviroment as a foreign nation suffering from mass warfare and dictators, we can no longer believe what we used to. We cant think what we once thought in the past. We can't resist because we will be silenced. That one word, one concept, one philosophy, does not exist and anyone choosing to promote this radical ideology is deemed an enemy of the state. That idea is freedom. We must resist this militarism that allows corrupt corporations to benefit at the expense of others. Ending no knock warrants, reforming and inevitably abolishing qualified immunity should be a top priority. Expanding body cameras and removing military grade weapons ought to be promoted by each and every citizen. This is the only way to make us safe.

It must also be understood that this is only possible when the leviathan grows. An unchecked government continues to maintain illegal and unchecked power. Government consistently expands when you give into any inch of increasing state power. When this happens it is nearly impossible to take back the powers that were once vested in the people. This unchecked power allows states to eliminate ownership and property. It's no coincidence we are living in an era where property rights are slowly fading away. As a result, civil asset forfeiture continues to be a problem. The blood, sweat, time, and tears the individual dedicates to creating ownership ought to always be upheld by that individual. When the government is able to seize assets, what is left for the people to own? Furthermore, what is left to be taken? Life? Please listen to these warnings California.

Lastly, it is no coincidence that those individuals who benefit and leech off the work of the working class use government to their advantage. Big business dominates the world solely because government subsidizes its power, income, and wealth. Big business works with government to increase both economic and political power. Taxation should never subsidize any company. That is theft and the definition of corporatism. We don't live in a world where market capitalism thrives. Understand the relationship between authoritarianism and corporatism. It is socialism for thee, the state and business and not for we, the people who allow businesses to thrive. We must address this head on before the left increases the power of government even further. Regulations can often give business power and the two left-winged parties are unwilling to admit this. Their hubris will be their downfall and it will only hurt us in the long run if we dont provide solutions.

To conclude, we have a few speakers who will address each issue I spoke about in more detail. Some are analysts. Othera are politicians. Let us create a new chapter and be a beacon for each state on the west. Thank you and God bless California!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2020, 12:03:24 AM »

I am unlocking this and restoring campaigning activity for the rest of the cycle.

I will require that our general strategy points be followed in events and if you have questions or have not been briefed on these points please communicate with me. While we probably are desiring to hit the same points, there is a way in which it should be done.

To this end, while I am going to allow the Westy ad to continue, I require all future attack ads be submitted for my final approval before launch. We do need to counter the attacks we failed to counter last time but at the same time I don't want our efforts defined mostly by attacks but primarily by our positive messages about local control, small business, education reform, helping hard working families and so forth.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2020, 12:05:52 AM »

Speech in Rolling Hills, Los Angeles

Greetings Californians,

I hope this online speech during the wildfires will keep you energized for the future. These are crucial times for Californians. Remember when California was the booming western state everyone rushed to for freedom and opportunity? The wild wild west isnt symbolic because of the few outlaws that existed. It's symbolic because in the west people were free to pursue their own interests without violating the freedom of others. The west embodied personal sovereignty  and California was the place to move. Now, it's a cesspool for totalitarianism. The freedoms Californians once had are being eroded. Those that believe in authority over California are mandating what Californians can and cannot due. As a result, the wellbeing of Californians is constantly at risk. You can see this in a variety of ways.

The police have been militarized at an unprecedented level and those that condemn the police state are treated as anti-police and soft on crime. When the homeland promotes the same enviroment as a foreign nation suffering from mass warfare and dictators, we can no longer believe what we used to. We cant think what we once thought in the past. We can't resist because we will be silenced. That one word, one concept, one philosophy, does not exist and anyone choosing to promote this radical ideology is deemed an enemy of the state. That idea is freedom. We must resist this militarism that allows corrupt corporations to benefit at the expense of others. Ending no knock warrants, reforming and inevitably abolishing qualified immunity should be a top priority. Expanding body cameras and removing military grade weapons ought to be promoted by each and every citizen. This is the only way to make us safe.

It must also be understood that this is only possible when the leviathan grows. An unchecked government continues to maintain illegal and unchecked power. Government consistently expands when you give into any inch of increasing state power. When this happens it is nearly impossible to take back the powers that were once vested in the people. This unchecked power allows states to eliminate ownership and property. It's no coincidence we are living in an era where property rights are slowly fading away. As a result, civil asset forfeiture continues to be a problem. The blood, sweat, time, and tears the individual dedicates to creating ownership ought to always be upheld by that individual. When the government is able to seize assets, what is left for the people to own? Furthermore, what is left to be taken? Life? Please listen to these warnings California.

Lastly, it is no coincidence that those individuals who benefit and leech off the work of the working class use government to their advantage. Big business dominates the world solely because government subsidizes its power, income, and wealth. Big business works with government to increase both economic and political power. Taxation should never subsidize any company. That is theft and the definition of corporatism. We don't live in a world where market capitalism thrives. Understand the relationship between authoritarianism and corporatism. It is socialism for thee, the state and business and not for we, the people who allow businesses to thrive. We must address this head on before the left increases the power of government even further. Regulations can often give business power and the two left-winged parties are unwilling to admit this. Their hubris will be their downfall and it will only hurt us in the long run if we dont provide solutions.

To conclude, we have a few speakers who will address each issue I spoke about in more detail. Some are analysts. Othera are politicians. Let us create a new chapter and be a beacon for each state on the west. Thank you and God bless California!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2020, 08:17:40 PM »

Rallies will be socially distanced with masks mandatory. Masks will be handed out at the door for those without. Temperature checks will be taken upon entry.

Rally in Burlington, NC

Hello, Burlington!

No one who has a good idea should be unable to start a business in Atlasia. Overregulation discourages entrepreneurship.

No small business owner who would have otherwise been successful should be run out of business due to overregulation and over-taxing. Some regulations are necessary to ensure consumer safety but many others only impede small business owners unnecessarily. Deregulation, for small business and in general, is necessary in my view. Not some kind of wide-scale, irresponsible deregulation, a left-wing boogeyman of "deregulation" but cutting red tape where it makes sense—where consumer choice is otherwise unreasonably restricted, where business is impeded and costs increased for no good reason. One prominent example that comes to mind is that I believe pharmacists should be able to prescribe pharmaceuticals. Pharmacists undergo extensive, serious training—this is not an unskilled occupation, why should we have unneeded red tape here?

If you agree with me, that small business, productivity and economic growth should prevail over needless red tape then you should vote for your local Federalist candidates!

Rally in Asheville, NC

I believe that regional and state standards are better than national one-size-fits-all standards. Each state and region is different. Below regional and state government, school districts should have a significant say in what they teach. We know that national standards do not work. We strongly believe, however, that every child in Atlasia should have a good education. Local control is absolutely not the enemy of quality education.

I believe we should have strong public schools and school choice (including vouchers) for those who want it. I was educated in rural North Carolina schools and sometimes we shared textbooks, and sometimes copies were limited so we had to write out answers on paper from a class set of copies our teacher had.

I fully believe in strong schools. Aside from resources for public schools, the most important thing, I believe, is quality teachers who have compassion for their students and vigor for what they do. I was blessed to have virtually never had a teacher, growing up in rural North Carolina schools, who derided his students, who didn't put in his all. I am very proud to say, here in Asheville, that one of my favorite teachers in high school—a computer teacher— is a native of right here in Western North Carolina!

If you agree with me, for local decisions and locally-run schools that work, then I encourage you to vote for your state and local Federalist candidates!
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2020, 02:04:36 AM »

PRESS RELEASE: CAO, OSR LEAD DAY OF CAMPAIGNING IN NEW YORK

Representative Cao joined former Representative Old School Republican for a day of campaigning across Long Island and the boroughs of Staten Island, Queens, and Brooklyn yesterday. The day began with a masked and socially distanced rally in Hempstead alongside local state Assembly candidates from across Nassau and Suffolk counties, where the two congressmen took questions from the crowd, with Mr. Cao fielding those about education and climate change policies and Mr. OSR taking questions on economic matters. Both highlighted the work accomplished in these areas by previous Federalist administrations and legislatures in addition to the state party’s plans for New York.

After commuting into the city, Reps. Cao and OSR proceeded to an indoor phone-banking session at the Federalist Party’s headquarters in downtown Brooklyn to meet a number of local campaign volunteers (from six feet away) and thank them for their efforts. Both promised to do their part in ensuring coordination between all levels of the Federalist Party’s operations in New York State, which they partly fulfilled immediately by headlining a Zoom fundraising call in the same building with party donors and supporters from across the state. Arrangements were also made for future Zoom fundraisers in a similar vein.

Mr. OSR then left to lend support to a promising state Senate candidate at one of her campaign stops in Flushing Meadows Park, as Mr. Cao stayed on a little longer to mingle with people in the immediate neighborhood. Having earlier promised to help out another candidate for the state legislature, locked in a close race out on Staten Island, Cao then made his way across the harbor for another masked and socially distanced evening rally with the state Assembly candidate in question. The candidate raised cheers from the crowd after the closing section of his speech, which highlighted the racial and economic diversity of communities across Staten Island and New York City, and pledged to bring their issues to the forefront of discussion in the chamber.

Early voting in the city begins two weeks from now, and prospective voters are encouraged to drop off their ballots in the mail if necessary to avoid the continuing COVID-19 pandemic.

###
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2020, 02:37:28 AM »

[On the way to the Staten Island rally mentioned in our previous press release, Mr. Cao stopped to record a short speech to mark the anniversary of September 11, of which a transcript can be found below.]

Good evening, Atlasia. I'm coming to you from Staten Island, from a little neighborhood known as Todt Hill near the middle of the borough, the highest point on the island – I can see for miles around, particularly over to the east where the yellow lights in Queens and Brooklyn and the green lights further out on Long Island are already coming on. We've just stopped for a breather before heading down to the South Shore for another evening meeting with one of our very promising state Assemblymen, a principled guy and a fighter for every man, woman, and child in Staten Island. But you'll get to hear from him and about his record in the state legislature later on. For now, there's something else I want to talk about – something that goes beyond any one state legislator or candidate or representative or elected official; beyond any one person, relating to our nation as a whole.

Yesterday, as you all no doubt know, was the anniversary of a day that has lived in infamy, and I spent a portion of it at the 9/11 Memorial at Ground Zero to reflect on what happened that day and in the nineteen years since. It’s taken a large toll on our nation’s psyche for a good reason. It should not be forgotten that three thousand innocent people were murdered by terrorists who betrayed the religion in whose name they acted. And it should not be forgotten that, in response, firefighters and police officers and ordinary citizens – Atlasians – rose to the occasion and to those of their fellow citizens, to save others, to help strangers, and in some cases to lose their own lives while doing so. In the face of an overwhelming tragedy, the nation rose to counter it with the spirit of community.

It’s been nineteen years and the old partisan din has long since returned to Atlasia. We do, however, need to make pains to learn what lessons we can gather from September the 11th and its aftermath. For one thing, it should always be borne in mind that what happened that day, and what happened in its aftermath, offers a good case study in the fundamental drawbacks of coercion as a means to an end. Terrorism is of a piece with bullying and its animating principle is no different – to try to suppress others through fear. It should be resisted, and it was. At the same time, anger – even righteous anger, perhaps especially righteous anger – needs to be tempered with understanding and deliberation if our response to injustice of whatever stripe is to be effective at addressing the underlying problems, to avoid mucking things up even further. The first impulse to act is a very natural feeling; but, unlike the vigilante justice we left behind, our government exists and was constructed around the principle of giving further and prudent consideration to all things before acting on them.

It should also serve to remind us all, particularly those of us who can get caught up all too easily in this febrile partisan atmosphere, that there is in fact (and at risk of repeating the old cliché) far more that unites us than that divides us. And that should reflect itself in the way we treat others: with the respect due to a fellow human being, and to their capacity as a participating voter and citizen. Especially in the current crisis – the death toll of which has already broken dozens of 9/11s – that should reflect itself in a renewed conviction to leave nobody behind, to treat the lives and livelihoods around us with the care and the responsibility they deserve. It should manifest itself in policies that strive to protect the public servants who put their lives on the line then and now; the citizens whose lives were lost that day and are lost today not with a bang but with a whimper; and every single Atlasian – every one of whom holds in them that spark of empathy and love and concern for their fellow citizens that was demonstrated that September 11th.

That's something I hope we’ll all bear in mind. It so happens that Todt Hill's name is derived from the German for "dead." Nineteen years on from that horrifying day and its wholly unnecessary death toll, it’s very much not the case that “all is well,” but the lessons I mentioned can hopefully continue to lead us toward that day. Dave bless, and see you all soon.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies