Federalist Party NPC Elections HQ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:12:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Federalist Party NPC Elections HQ
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15
Author Topic: Federalist Party NPC Elections HQ  (Read 11441 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2020, 05:46:27 PM »

Norman, OK - Campaigning with state and local candidates. Virtual Rally

We are coming down to the final hours in this campaign and we need to make sure that our supporters get out and vote this weekend. We shall not let desperation and last minute distortion of the Main Street Federalist record discourage us in this moment.

There is far too much at stake and we and you deserve much better frankly. We need leadership not politicization and fabrications. We need to pursue the right policies, guided by principle and tempered by realistic grounding in the reality that each of you live out daily.

I thank you for your time and urge you to get out and voted for Federalists this weekend.

Thanks and have a blessed evening!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2020, 11:35:59 PM »

Miami, Florida - One last appearance to push it to the limit  Campaigning with Federalist candidate for Mayor

I have decided to make one more visit here on the final day of campaigning, but also because it is just so nice to be here. You know some folks have made some comments claiming that we only started campaigning here at the last minute, but this is not so. My first campaign stop here was back in early August.

I will say one again that the Main Street Federalists are committed your concerns and your interest first, not Wall Streets and not Pennsylvania Avenue. We have no interest other than yours and with a Main Street Federalist as your Mayor, you will have a tireless advocate for your businesses, your tourist industry and your finances.

I have mentioned that issue a lot and a number of people like to distort that, and confuse responsible finance with austerity. Responsible finance is how you avoid austerity. It is how you avoid getting into a situation where drastic cuts become unavailable and if you want to fix the problem the problem is best solved well in advance so that you have more options than drastic cuts. Main Street Federalists are the party of responsible finance and paying for spending items so that your city will remain the strong and vibrant spot that everyone longs to go to.

When we talk about everyone, it must be remembered that everyone should be equally protected under the law and that everyone should be given the tools to succeed in school both college bound and non-college bound. This is the path to a sustainable middle class that will power sustainable economic growth into the future. This is also the path to ensuring security and liberty, because if you give people equal opportunity and respect everyone under the law, the job of law enforcement becomes much easier. Frankly, while I believe in the law enforcement community, we should also help them by creating the society and environment that reduces the stress on them and empowers everyone of all backgrounds to achieve success.

I encourage you to go out and vote for a Main Street Federalist to be your next Mayor.

Thanks and have a blessed evening!!!
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2020, 11:43:05 PM »

Speech in Waukesha, Wisconsin

I am excited to be here on this final night before the statewide and local elections will be held. We know what we want out of our government--things like safe neighborhoods, state of the art schools for our children, and a feeling that the government allows us the opportunity to work to see our families succeed in life. This is made possible through a culture where people see a need to care for their fellow citizen, and this includes situations where people encounter the police. The Federalist Party has always held it as an important value that one ought to receive equal treatment before the law. Racial profiling by the police is totally unacceptable, and a Federalist government in Wisconsin will be sure to fight for real reforms of our police. However, those on the left want to use this tragic shooting to incite more hatred between our communities based on race rather than realistically solve the problems at hand. As  a society we ought to work towards equality not intersectionality in our approach to good governance. This election will determine our future as a state, and I think the best way forward is by voting Federalist!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2020, 11:49:06 PM »

Carolina, Puerto Rico - Campaigning with Federalist candidates for state and local offices.

I felt obliged to come here, from North Carolina to Carolina, Puerto Rico tonight. I just want to say that we have the opportunity for a historic upset on the Island this weekend. This is not something we take lightly, the island is very near and dear to all our hearts and we understand the struggles that have befallen this community in recent years. As someone who has been through many intense Hurricanes, we know the devastation and the destruction that they can bring, and we also know the importance of a solid response to ensure that the rebuilding is undertaken with expedition and urgency.

It also means a responsible and balanced police that works to reduce the cost of renewables and alternative energy so that we can get it into the hands of the working and middle classes quicker and help accelerate the reduction in carbon emissions in a way that helps not harms those who can least afford disruptions.

I don't just want to talk about past struggles, I also want to talk about future opportunities. The opportunities that come when we respect everyone and give them an equal shot at success, beginning with how we structure our schools. For too long we have seen education fail to deliver the results that we would thus expect and there is need for reforms. We need to ensure that four year centric models don't monopolize to the detriment of others with different paths to success and we should provide the resources to ensure that all have the opportunity to succeed.

If you listen to Labor you would think that they have the monopoly on all things related to health, education and welfare but I think we all know they have just confused their zombie voters for their policy agenda. For years, I led the fight to ensure that we had free preventative health care accessible to all and likewise worked to help established a health law working with members of four different parties first in 2014 and again in 2017 to ensure that we had a system that reigned in private insurance, preserved competing options and ensure that people who need help got it.

When you go to the polls this weekend, remember if you vote Federalist, you are casting a ballot for a main street federalist who will always put your interests first and will always be your tireless advocate. No amount of distortion or lies will change the facts, though they will sure try as I we have seen.

I urge you to cast a ballot for the responsible choice, the main street Federalists on your ballot for state and local office.

Thanks and have a Blessed Evening!!!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2020, 11:54:54 PM »

Fort Wayne, Indiana - Campaigning with Local and state candidates for office.

We are coming down to the wire and this contest could not be any closer. Remember to come out and vote for Federalists for state and local elections this weekend.

If you want principled constitutionalist leadership that will respect your individual freedoms and rights, equally under the law, then the Federalist Party is the right choice for you.

If you want a party that is for you on main street, not Wall Street and also just as importantly, not Pennsylvania Avenue, then the Federalist Party is the right choice for you.

If you want a party that is committed to responsible finance and matching expenditures with revenues then the Federalist Party is the right choice for you.

If you want a party that believes in the importance of the family and will fight to empower families in these tough and challenging times, then the Federalist Party is the right choice for you.

If you want a party that believes in the sanctity of life, then the Federalist Party is the right choice for you.

Remember to come this weekend and cast a ballot for Federalist candidates for state and local offices.

Thanks and have a blessed evening!!!
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2020, 11:59:09 PM »

Speech in Stillwater, Oklahoma

Hello people of Stillwater! I'm here in my last push to convince you all to turn out to vote this election for the sake of our freedoms and families! The stakes are very high as we need to send a clear message that we want a government that is honest and compassionate while also sharing our values. On policy, we will deliver and have delivered on important issues facing us like education reform, healthcare reform, and deregulation that cuts red tape for our small local businesses. Labor wants you think they have a monopoly on these issues, but they don't! We are the ones you can trust to take a responsible and honest approach towards solving issues facing our communities. While Labor may think they will move Oklahoma in a more progressive direction, let's be clear. They are extremely reckless when it comes to crime. They want to disarm us and base treatment not on equality but rather based on how "oppressed" they view you on an intersectionality scale. These values are clearly out of touch with those held by Oklahomans, and if they win, they will not stop at enforcing their will like they try to do nationally. A vote for us is a vote for free and fair discourse on the issues that matter, and don't forget to show up at the polls. Thank you very much and be sure to take your free bag of Braum's on your way out!
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2020, 12:13:43 PM »

The following states will have elections in September:
Frémont: Idaho, North Dakota, Iowa, and the Los Angeles mayoralty
Lincoln: New York, Massachusetts, and the Virgin Islands
South: Mississippi, North Carolina, Kansas, and West Virginia

Once again, party members are encouraged to campaign in whatever states they choose and to affirm so by posting in this thread.

I will once again be campaigning in the region of Lincoln, in the states of New York and Massachusetts, though I am open to campaigning in other states and in joint events with other players if needed.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2020, 05:42:38 PM »

Had to open while I was at work, just remember what we talked about and if you are unsure about something, ask me. If you would like to get involved please get in touch with me.

Keep your wits about you, don't do anything stupid and let's have some fun.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2020, 12:12:16 AM »

Crossposting from the Townhall thread:

Town Hall Social Distancing Rules :

- All Chairs will be separated by at least 6 feet
- All participants must wear masks to enter town hall room

Note : I am not running for office but am campaigning for Federalist candidates in NY state government

Platform that will be discussed:

Small Business Aid:

. Reduce Taxes on Small Businesses

- Small Businesses have been hit hard by the Pandemic , and are in danger of going out of businesses

- To provide relief we should agree to cut taxes for Sole Priopertships, Partneships, LLC's  making under $500,000 by 15% across the board
for the next 3 years

- After 3 years we will transition it to being a tax cut for these businesses making under $500,000 to be 7.5% less  than it is currntly permenately

- The $500,000 threshold will be adjusted according to inflation in future years

Helping Small Businesses Deal with the immediate consequences of COVID:

- Extend New York Forward Loan Fund to be available for the next 3 years

- Aid will be distributed to businesses for up to 6 months

- Once 6 months are up , businesses can reapply for aid

- All buisnesses that get aid must abide by standard social distancing rules until vaccinee is developed

Tax incentives for corporations to increase employment

- C Corps will recieve a tax credit for hiring at least 100 New Yorkers with an annual salary of at least 40,000

- At least 20% of jobs must be hired outside NYC

- Tax Credit = % * Tax Liablity before credits

- Percentage will be determined by number of New Yorkers companies hire so the % will be 1% if a company hires
100-199 employees(20-39 outside NYC), 2% for hiring 200-299(40-59 outside NYC) employees etc

- This tax credit will last for 3 years
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2020, 12:39:32 AM »

Charlotte Speech on Local Control and Civil Rights
This part in person, part virtual rally was conducted with six foot social distancing enforced and masks required by all in attendance. Temperatures were checked at the door and those with fever and/or symptoms were declined entrance and provided digital options to view the address.

Senator NC Yankee campaigning for NC Federalist state level candidates.

I am so glad to be back in Charlotte and today I am here to talk to you about a subject that this city has struggled with for years, but especially in more recent times and that is when a city has made decisions regarding traditionally local issues and the state gov’t disagrees and so they opt to override you by passing a statewide statute. This is a severe problem and I want to talk to you today about the negative consequences of this situation, why preventing this is important and how electing Federalists will protect local control from state usurpation.

To begin with, one should not be mistaken to construe local control in this context as being policies that violate civil rights or civil liberties. We have a constitution and a court system for that reason and I am a strong believer in equality under the law and equal protection of people’s civil liberties. As many of you know I have long stated the importance of limiting democratic excess when it comes to the tyranny of the majority oppressing the minority and stripping them of their rights. As pro-constitution Federalists we are 100% against majoritarian fiat running roughshod over the bill of rights and we are committed to the institutions of an independent judiciary free of bias to safeguard those rights, and liberties.

In some cases, Charlotte while being a victim of the state usurpation had, depending on one’s perspective, been at the vanguard of advancing constitutional liberty, but regardless of that the point that matters is that so often you find this desire to override cities and impose an agenda on them that they did not vote for, which is problematic philosophically because that government, which is closest to the people is typically going to be the one best suited to represent and serve the interest of the people in question.

It is more than just problematic philosophically as people denied a recourse in a free and fair democratic election in their city, will cause people to lose faith in the system, lead to despair and desperation and it is in these situations where our values as a country and a society have been corrupted in this manner, you run the risk of more radical elements coming in and feeding off the anger and that can be dangerous if it is taken too far obviously.

The Federalist Party believes firmly that local control is paramount and that cities have rights and powers that should be respected. We believe that cities and the state government should be in a partnership, working together to solve challengers on public health, on education, on infrastructure and on protecting the environment among many other challenges. You cannot form such an effective partnership where the first rule of business is dictation from above. That kind of top down approach impedes the ability to gain ground in these issue areas and leaves a sense of mistrust that makes
impossible important and necessary collaborations for the good of the people.

When you vote for the Federalist Party for state elections, you will get a governing party that will follow the state constitution, will respect cities and towns and not usurp normal and natural powers from them just because the other party happens to control said city or town.

When you vote for the Federalist Party for state elections, you will get a governing party that respects checks and balances and thus through that respect will be able to build partnerships and trust to solve the many challenges facing Charlotte and the state as a whole right now, that need solutions right now, not games and cheap tricks.

When you vote for the Federalist Party for state elections, you will get a governing party that believes firmly in the bill of rights, civil liberties and the equality that everyone shares in possessing those rights, and we will fight to protect those liberties from both majoritarian fiat on the one hand; and executive tyranny and unwarranted concentration of power in the state government at your expense.

I thus ask that when you head to the polls later this month, that you cast a ballot for main street Federalists for NC state government.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2020, 12:45:07 AM »

Local TV/Radio Ad
This radio ad shall run in all NC media markets from now until 11:59 PM Sept 10th and from Midnight September 12th through the end of the campaign cycle unless otherwise cancelled or replaced

This September, remember to come out and vote for Main Street Federalists in your state elections. The record of the Federalist party when it comes to fighting for you against both the big business of Wall Street and the big Government of Pennsylvania Avenue is unmatched.

The Federalist Party believes strongly in fiscal responsibility, local control and the equality of everyone under the law and in the protection of your constitutional and civil liberties. The Federalist Party supports education reform that helps everyone get ahead and will work to help and promote small business creation and expansion in these tough times.

Vote Federalist for Main Street Principles!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2020, 12:52:08 AM »

Wake Forest Campaign Office Opening

This visit to the newly opened Wake Forest HQ occurred with six feet social distancing being maintained and with overflow rooms set up using flat screens to broadcast the remarks and minizmize staff in a single room. Masks are required by everyone in said office and temperatures and symptoms are checked at the door.

I would like to start off by thanking all of you in attendance today, at this opening of our campaign office in Wake Forest. As I am sure you all know, last time we really were outgunned in so many ways, both in the air and on the ground and really had just the public speeches to try and hold our ground.

This time we are going to address one of those problems and that is by opening a string of offices to work with GOTV, Canvassing, Persuasion, voter registration and the other important tasks that are vital to the success of our efforts here in North Carolina.

We are working to ensure that all Covid precautions will be taken during these efforts and we understand that these are challenging times but democracy must go on and it is imperative for us while we deliver the federalist message to do so safely. If there are concerns about how this is being done, please contact our state campaign office or our federal campaign office in Nyman.

I want to talk about the GOTV effort, and while several factors work on this indirectly including our messaging to ensure that our voters are engaged, we must work to get our traditional voters out to the polls and no doubt the lag of this on the ground effort hampered us last time. These people are our core believers and they are theoretically already on board with our agenda of local control, fiscal responsibility, civil liberties and strengthening our families in tough times, it is our job to motivate and turn these people out. I will address the other aspects mentioned above at future appearances at our campaign offices across the state.

We will do our part to assist you in these efforts, and we call upon you as volunteers and staff to be energetic and creative as you work to get our voters out to the polls. I want to thank all of you for your efforts and express my deep satisfaction that you have decided to put in the extra effort to help get Main Street Federalism across the finish line in North Carolina this September.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2020, 01:07:51 AM »

Interview in the Raleigh TV market

This interview was conducted with WRAL, I originally included the name of a RL reporter from this channel but opted to remove it to avoid any potential problems or issues that might have arisen from that.

Reporter: Hello Senator NC Yankee, welcome back.

Senator NCY: It’s great to be back, I always make time to speak with the good reporters at WRAL.

Reporter: The last cycle was pretty intense for the local and state elections, we even heard reports that you had a little health emergency in Nyman.

Senator NCY:  I put a lot of effort into the state of Nyman and I am glad that our party met with success there. You know it used to be we would contrast ourselves by saying we aren’t the party of Nyman when speaking of the government, and now I have decided that isn’t the best phrasing because if there's one thing that was demonstrated clearly, is that Nyman was being forgotten and so I have urged people when criticizing the federal government not to use Nyman as a byword but to say Federal government or say “Pennsylvania Avenue”.

Reporter: You have said that the Federalists are the party of Main Street, what does that mean exactly.

Senator NCY: Well to begin with, it means that we are number 1 not the Party of Wall Street and number 2, it means we are not the party of Pennsylvania Avenue. I have a lot of respect for the other parties but on a fundamental level, they may indeed be anti-wall street but at the same time they have a proclivity for empowering the Federal Government and we think that is just as bad but from a different direction. We therefore want to restrain both and empower the people on Main Street.

Reporter: How does that connect down to the average person, is it more than just a slogan?

Senator NCY:  To begin with it means we support and help small businesses who are the job creators when you look at the statistics, it is usually small and new businesses. It also means reigning in big business, and we led the fight to reinstate Glass Steagall for that very reason, helping to protect average North Carolinians from too big to fail investment firms.

Reporter: You have mentioned city and state’s traditional powers, and you have been known to be a long time proponent of regional rights, is this an extension of that belief.

Senator NCY: Yes, it is an extension for two reasons. The first being that the government closest to the people is the best to work in its interest and second of all because concentration of power is dangerous as it often becomes arbitrary and thus a threat to those liberties mentioned above.

Reporter: North Carolina has a long history of the state passing laws that are meant to reverse or hinder certain actions at the city level, what would you say to those people in places like Charlotte and Raleigh who have experienced this first hand.

Senator NCY: I would say that the constitution is the constitution, not just when it is convenient, that is the point. In most all of those cases there was a partisan aspect and an ideological one where people didn’t like what a city was doing that another party controlled and so the state muscled in and usurped its authority. That is corrosive to the fundamental balance of power and a danger long term because it gets to the territory of the ends justifying the means. If you don’t like what a city is doing, then you should seek to win an election in that city and change it, unless they are violating someone’s constitutionally protected rights and liberties, then they should not be overturned.

Reporter: This state also has a history of state’s rights being used to justify segregation and slavery, should people be alarmed by the Federalist party’s historic embrace of Regional Rights and now local control.

Senator NCY: No, not at all. We have a bill of rights and our party believes firmly in natural rights and natural liberty and our vision is for a government that respects, equally I might add, everyone’s natural rights and liberties. Gov’t doesn’t give you these rights people already possess them and the government is contractually created for the sake of protecting those rights and liberties. To the extent government is and has failed to live up to its expectations in this regards, that needed or needs in some cases to be fixed. Our system was designed with checks and balances precisely to protect the minority from majoritarian fiat and our party has a long record of opposing majoritarian fiat for instance.

Reporter: On that note, we are going to need to wrap it up, Senator would you please come back here again.

Senator NCY: Sure anytime

TV Anchor: And if you stick with us after this commercial break, we will have tonight’s weather forecast.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2020, 01:35:24 AM »
« Edited: September 08, 2020, 01:58:23 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

NATIONWIDE TV AD CAMPAIGN
This ad will run in all contests except Kansas and Mississippi from now until 11:59 PM September 10th and from Midnight September 12th through the end of the campaign cycle unless otherwise canceled or replaced earlier.

The scene opens to two old guys in rocking chairs on a front porch

1. Did you see that ad last time?

2. Which one was that?

1. The one where they had all those pathetic actors playing Federalist officials, and praising Labor.

2. I wonder how much they paid them.

1. Whatever it was, it was too much.

2. Of course that is all they can do at this stage, pay a bunch of actors to carry their water. Remember that time Labor promised to balance the budget in one year?

1. Hee heee you always crack me up. What happened to the Labor Party that I used to know?

1. I heard that in LA they are claiming the Feds are going to separate families, and in NY that only Labor support background checks.

2. Everyone knows the Federalists have overwhelmingly support background checks when polled, and several Feds including Chair Yankee supported "Come out of the Shadows" to reform immigration responsibly.

1. Just like last time they claimed the Feds were in the pockets of Wall Street, yet all ole Yankee had to do was point to Glass Steagall and that shut them up pretty good.

2. Now they are calling the Federalists the insiders engaging in chicanery as if the last year of Labor dominance didn't happen.

1. We all know who the party of Ny...

2. Pennsylvania Avenue

1. Sorry, almost forgot, even Nyman, DC is sick of the nonsense, that is why they voted Federalist last month.

2. Clearly there is only one thing left to do.

1. What's that?

2. Vote Federalist for Main Street Values!

1. This September!

Extended Updated Version:
2. And can you believe Labor's response to this ad was ageism

1. Seems like they will say and do anything to cover up their lies
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2020, 01:40:45 AM »

The Federalist Party is a bunch of old guys in rocking chairs, so kudos to Yankee for nailing the party's persona!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2020, 01:43:34 AM »

The Federalist Party is a bunch of old guys in rocking chairs, so kudos to Yankee for nailing the party's persona!

The rocking chair ad is famous, especially in NC politics. It helped elect Democrat Kay Hagan in 2008, and then Burr turned it on his Democratic opponent in 2010.  
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2020, 02:50:35 AM »

[On the opening night of the Federalist campaign in New York, Representative and Speaker-elect Cao joined the incumbent Federalist mayor of New York City, the gubernatorial candidate, and assorted candidates for the state legislature in races across Manhattan and the Bronx in a masked and socially distanced general rally in City Hall Park near the southern tip of the borough. Mr. Cao was introduced by the mayor, whose speech touched on his record thus far in City Hall and the potential for like-minded Federalist candidates across the state to serve their constituents in the same manner.]

Thank you, Mr. Mayor! Thank you all, New York City, for coming out tonight! And apologies for being a little out of breath. Quite apart from having the opportunity to talk to all of you here at this moment, just fifteen minutes ago I was still on the train en route from Nyman where we've just concluded our Speaker vote earlier today. And thanks to you all, and your votes in the elections of the past months, I'm honored to accept an additional role as a public servant and serve as the next Speaker of the House! Never forget that your vote matters, and never forget that it's your main voice at all levels of government, because it has massive consequences – not just for you, but for the rest of your community and your nation.

You know, on the ride up from Nyman, I got to thinking about the last time I did this – the last time I had the chance to come to New York City: six weeks ago at the height of the mayoral election. July was a genuinely fun campaign for all of us, I think; the best possible sort of campaign where the politicians learn as much from voters as the voters do from politicians, and it was the interaction and the connection we had on the ground with you all that sticks with me even now and that put my friend here in City Hall. And in the time since, he's put his words into action – much-needed help to small businesses and restaurants during this ongoing crisis, a renewed push to simplify regulations, calling attention and response to fraud and missteps at all levels of local and regional government, and more besides. Talk is cheap, as they say; I think the talk we made back then, in our speeches and during the campaign, has given way to what actually counts: action, and lots of it.

A previous Governor of New York once said that we campaign in poetry but govern in prose. It's become a pithy summary of the disconnect between what politicians say and what they do, and it's all too easy for us up here onstage to fall into that trap. But our campaign back then, on the contrary, was very firmly focused on the prose and light on poetry: we went straight to the point with you all, and we laid out our plans fully for you to consider, because even back then – in the doldrums of election season, back when Mr. Poirot and I were the only leaders campaigning here in New York and in the region, back when I was a newly elected freshman – I and all the others on that campaign didn't take voters for granted. You all are perfectly capable of making your own decisions in the political sphere. Politicians, as public servants, shouldn't have to browbeat voters into supporting them if their record is one that their voters support and want.

So, New York, the decision falls to you once again: in just over a month we've made strides towards supporting you all in NYC with a municipal government that cares about you and your needs. What we've done for New York City, and what we continue to do, we can do for New York State. We'll run on our record and on the issues that affect New York, as politicians everywhere really ought to do, because being honest with you all – in defiance of the twisted "poetry" so many other campaigns engage in – is the best and truest (and only) way for you to be honest with us, your public servants, and the job we're doing and those we want to do. You'll see more of this over the next weeks, but for now allow me to let one of these fine public servants make his case for himself. Please welcome your next Governor!
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2020, 03:32:15 AM »

[A hastily-recorded video of Mr. Cao, apparently taken from a backstage hallway, was posted to the candidate's official Twitter account shortly after the conclusion of the NYC rally and was promptly retweeted by the California Federalist Party and other Federalist chapters. The Representative's office would release this as an official statement, but, well, we think the video better communicates the office's general feeling of disappointment.]

[CROSSTALK]

CAO [addressing camera]: Folks. This really should go without saying, but here we are. I am a constitutionally elected public servant, elected by citizens from across Atlasia who trusted me enough to vote for my candidacy, and part of this job – serving in a branch of government tasked with upholding the Constitution – is to always be open and honest about what I say and do. I'm a public figure and my words carry weight. Which is why it really really stings to have just gotten off stage after delivering a speech about being honest with voters, being honest with the ordinary hardworking Atlasians who we serve, and be presented with the news that my fellow representatives are, in contrast, outright lying about me and my other non-Labor colleagues.

[papers rustling; staffers passing behind the Representative]

CAO: I do not usually use language of this sort, especially not with my friends and those I know. But I trust, as I mentioned in my nomination speech for the Speakership, that my colleagues understand the standard of conduct which Congress deserves. I trust that Representative FalterinArc is aware that the Federalist Party does not want to "just cut taxes for the rich," never has, and never will. I trust that Representative SevenEleven is aware that not a single one of our federal or state officeholders has ever expressed a wish to deport illegals or cut off business with Mexico, nor have they introduced legislation to that effect. I trust that the both of them, as responsible legislators, have read the House legislation introduction thread and can see that the legislation proposed thus far by my non-Labor colleagues bears no relation to anything they have fearmongered against and, in some cases, directly contradicts their claims.

If the Labor Party believes its best course of electoral action in a heavily Labor-leaning city is to campaign against tax breaks for the middle class and reduction of childcare costs, they are of course welcome to do so. But, again, words have consequences. I won't be torn up about it if they stand by their statements, and nothing in my interaction with them as a fellow representative and as Speaker will change. But trust is a rather fragile thing at times.

Our politics would be better off without these frankly disgusting smears, and I hope that you all listening take that to heart. It doesn't do any of us any good. Least of all the elected representatives who are supposed to solve the problems that this poisonous atmosphere has helped to metastasize. Thank you all, and may you have a better evening than I did.

[The video ends.]
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2020, 04:00:33 AM »

NATIONWIDE TV AD CAMPAIGN
This ad will run in all contests except Kansas and Mississippi from now until 11:59 PM September 10th and from Midnight September 12th through the end of the campaign cycle unless otherwise canceled or replaced earlier.

The scene opens to two old guys in rocking chairs on a front porch

1. Did you see that ad last time?

2. Which one was that?

1. The one where they had all those pathetic actors playing Federalist officials, and praising Labor.

2. I wonder how much they paid them.

1. Whatever it was, it was too much.

2. Of course that is all they can do at this stage, pay a bunch of actors to carry their water. Remember that time Labor promised to balance the budget in one year?

I am glad my Monty Python ad has not been forgotten Tongue
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2020, 09:31:31 AM »

All rallies will be socially distanced with masks mandatory. In heavily Democratic areas/cities, I will usually speak at Federalist Party/conservative group HQs because despite the massive vote deficit here these places still contain a lot of potential voters for us.

Rally in Raleigh, NC
abridged version of Fmr. Gov. WM’s speech
Hey, y’all. It’s West_Midlander. As I’m sure many of you know I’m a North Carolina native, I served our great region twice in the Chamber and as Governor. I was born in a Raleigh hospital and spent a few years of my childhood living in a small black house a hop, skip, and a jump away from the North Carolina State Farmers Public Market.
When I was about five years of age, my mother, my brother, and I would walk up to the Farmers Market on countless occasions or to the nearby park. I know this area and I love this area, so I hope you will believe me when I speak honestly to you and sincerely recommend my party for its consistent values of liberty and justice.
This party, The Federalist Party, and I believe strongly in liberty—that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by our God with certain unalienable rights, among them life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, and property.
The Federalist Party is the party of self-defense, the party of gun rights. The Federalist Party is the party of property and of liberty. Our party is the party of life and protecting the unborn. Our party is the party of equal treatment under the law, and uplifting all people. No one should be advantaged because of the condition of his birth, and that is why I and many of my colleagues in this party oppose affirmative action. We do, however, support fiscally responsible measures to tackle the poverty of poor blacks, Latinos, Asians, Native Americans, and whites. We can not be a just or a united country if we leave any group behind—if we hold any group in contempt.
Thank you for coming out today. Stay safe. May God give you all strength and may God bless this great state, region, and country.

Rally in Cary, NC
beginning of Fmr. Gov. WM’s speech
Good morning, y’all. Some of you may be here because you are curious about our message or because you already support our party. Our party is the party of local decisions and empowering people to decide for themselves. That is why our party supports a small federal government. As many have said before me, "a government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Our party supports removing senseless regulations on small businesses that only impede business and encourage people never to start. Anyone with a good idea should be able to try to become an entrepreneur in this great country we call Atlasia.
Our party, the Federalist Party, supports low taxes for the middle class and for job-creators. We don’t believe corporations and the wealthy represent a cash cow for big government. Innovation and wealth should not be punished because those things are not and should never be vices in this great capitalist country.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2020, 09:57:54 AM »
« Edited: September 12, 2020, 07:26:29 PM by West_Midlander »

Rally in Durham, NC
Good afternoon, everyone. Thank you all for coming out. I would like to start by reiterating that the Federalist Party is the party of main street values, individualism, freedom, and of low taxes. Our party is a big tent, we welcome everyone from conservatives and neoconservatives to the center. Our party stands strongly for federalism. We believe the regions and below that, state and local government can serve people’s needs more so than one-size-fits-all solutions from Nyman.
If you believe that government should work for you, that government should be active, if you have party fatigue: I strongly encourage you to vote for your local Federalist candidates. Our party truly is not a political machine but the party of cordiality and welcoming. This is the party that secured left-wing crossover votes at the Senatorial level. This is not a party of radicalism but of pragmatism, and of empowering the common man.

Town Hall in Zebulon, NC
Q: I’m tired of Labor rule in the White House but I don’t think y’all can win. What should I do?
A: I encourage you to vote for your local Federalist candidates. We face a tough demographic climb for the presidency, as recent polls indicate, but if we do well on the down-ballot, this will put pressure on the next President, if s/he is Labor.

Q: Isn’t the Federalist Party home to a lot of far-righters?
A: No. Some Federalists are more conservative and some are more moderate. Our party is a big tent.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2020, 03:29:20 PM »

Dixie Strong PAC ads to be aired in Mississippi, West Virginia, Kansas, and North Carolina through election day:

Quote from: 15-second DSP radio ad
Protect public safety. Wear a mask. Stay six feet apart. Vote for your local Federalist candidates. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. Paid for by the Dixie Strong PAC.

Quote from: 15-second DSP radio ad
Help us to defend our great region from imperialist overtures. With your vote, we can maintain self-determination, freedom, and liberty. Vote Federalist this election. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. Paid for by the Dixie Strong PAC.

Dixie Strong PAC ads to be aired in Mississippi, West Virginia, Kansas, and North Carolina (particularly in conservative-dominant areas, ie. small conservative cities, conservative-leaning suburbs, and rural areas) through election day:

Quote from: 30-second DSP radio ad
If you support regionalism; if you support life from the moment of conception...if you support the right to bear arms...vote Federalist this election to preserve your rights: of self-defense, against big government and the most basic right—to live.

If you oppose the assault weapons ban and late-term abortions, the Federalist Party is where you belong. Vote for your local Federalist candidates this election. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. Paid for by the Dixie Strong PAC.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2020, 04:04:42 PM »

Internet banner ad to be aired in Kansas, North Carolina, Mississippi, and West Virginia through election day:

Internet banner ad to be aired in Kansas, North Carolina, Mississippi, and West Virginia through election day but directed at seniors and additionally run in small conservative cities, conservative-leaning suburbs, and rural areas. Ad-targeting could be toward conservatives/conservative-leaners for this ad (in general), if possible. (I don't want to inspire LW turnout [in opposition] with 'targeted' ads).

Image credit: Federalist logo posterized smaller.png
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2020, 04:14:04 PM »

Billboard ad to be run in Kansas, North Carolina, Mississippi, and West Virginia through election day (particularly in suburban and rural areas and along highways but some placements will be in cities [not many]):

Image credit: Federalist logo posterized smaller.png
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2020, 05:37:30 PM »

Amending the above internet ads to halt at 11:59 PM on September 10th and resume at midnight September 12th.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies