Federalist Party NPC Elections HQ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:21:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Federalist Party NPC Elections HQ
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15
Author Topic: Federalist Party NPC Elections HQ  (Read 11524 times)
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: September 25, 2020, 08:55:48 PM »
« edited: September 25, 2020, 09:56:29 PM by West_Midlander »

Rallies will be socially distanced with masks mandatory. Masks will be handed out at the door for those without. Temperature checks will be taken upon entry.

Rally in Huntington, WV (Event took place on 9/23)

Like our party chairman Yankee says, fiscal responsibility is a legitimate means to circumvent austerity. We don't need to go to austerity. I support appropriate measures to help struggling families, especially low-income ones.

I support Pay-Go and zero-balance budgeting to help prevent our governments from spending beyond their means at the federal and state levels. With zero-balance budgeting, departments are encouraged to make do with only as much as they need to effectively operate, which should eliminate wasted spending.

Some of our debt burden can be curbed by economic growth, in my view. One way to encourage economic growth is smart deregulation. As I have said many times, we need some regulations but some exist only to impede business and do no good.

Our party represents an alternative from unwise tax-and-spend policies while also avoiding painful austerity measures. If you agree with us on fiscal responsibility, I encourage you to vote Federalist this election.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #126 on: September 25, 2020, 09:47:05 PM »

Note: Rallies will be Socially Distanced and will have a mask mandate and temperature checks will be taken upon entry

Brooklyn, NY:

Thank You New Yorkers, voting time is almost here and I believe it is time we should elect a Federalist Government. Our Party Stands for a pro entrepreneurship platform that will help save our small businesses in this time of crisis as we believe a strong economy is created by creating an environment where small businesses can thrive. We believe that we need to extend the aid package for 3 years for qualifying small businesses so we can ensure they can stay in businesses as they are the engines of innovation in New York now and will always be.

We also believe in creating a tax code that incentivizes job creation here in New York which is why we believe that we need to create a tax credit that incentives corporations here in New Yorkers to hire New Yorkers all across the state.  The tax credit will be tied to how many new New Yorkers they employ so they are incentivized to hire new workers which will then lead to more revenue for our state thanks to all the new workers they employ.

We can and we will not only help our economy recover all the way back to the level it was Pre COVID but to a level, we have never seen before. Thanks everyone, May God Bless You and May God Bless New York
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #127 on: September 25, 2020, 10:07:08 PM »

Rallies will be socially distanced with masks mandatory. Masks will be handed out at the door for those without. Temperature checks will be taken upon entry.

Rally in Parkersburg, WV (Event took place on 9/23)

I strongly support our police but I know some reforms are necessary. I think mandatory body cams are a good step forward, for example. However, since our country and regions are so large I believe this should probably be pursued at a lower level of government (state, county, etc.) but I think I would vote for a regional bill to this effect as well.

In our country, police brutality is a problem but we should not devolve into cop-hate. I do not think we should "defund the police," however, I think we should demilitarize the police.

We should realize that while nonwhites—especially blacks and Native Americans—are likelier, unfortunately, to be killed by police unjustly, whites are the largest group killed by police all-together.

On another note, poverty is more common in non-white communities but whites represent the largest population of low-income people in our country. We should recognize that tackling police brutality and tackling poverty are not "nonwhite issues" but broad, unifying issues that shouldn't be divisive along racial lines.

Criminal Justice Reform and efforts to curb poverty will help whites but will disproportionately help nonwhites. This way, unifying, non-divisive solutions should be and can be pursued instead of targeted solutions that isolate and ignore our large white community and especially our large poor white community. As a multiracial man, I have the stances that I do not out of racism but out of a wish for equality, true equality. Unequal treatment does not get us that.

My views are my own, for example, some in our party are more libertarian than I am, and I understand this. As the Secretary of our party's Moderate Caucus, I know we are a big-tent and that we are welcoming to anyone willing to embrace federalism.

If you agree with us on common-sense reforms, support for police, and compassionate conservatism, I encourage you to vote for your local Federalists this election.

Rally in Morgantown, WV (Event took place on 9/22)

What I mean by demilitarizing the police is that our local police departments should not have things like tanks. I think, however, that our police should have things like riot gear and they should be able to use tear gas and rubber bullets to disperse unruly, destructive crowds if those organizing won't disperse. Peaceful protests are perfectly acceptable but many loot, burn and steal under the guise of protest, unfortunately. I strongly support law and order, but I believe many of these things are not necessary for rural sheriff's departments and only in cities where these "protests" are likely to happen.

I know that many in our party are passionately libertarian on social issues. We are united in our belief in federalism and in fiscal responsibility. If you agree with us on those economic points, please vote for your local Federalist candidates. I believe our party will govern with our libertarian members to negotiate a peaceful reform of the police without disarming the force. For law, order, and personal liberty, vote Federalist.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #128 on: September 25, 2020, 10:30:17 PM »

Whistle Stop Tour 3: Dubuque, Iowa.

This event was held to campaign for state and local candidates for office. All covid precautions were taken during this event.

Hello Dubuque,

I am so glad to be out here to speak to you fellow tonight and I want to just say that I do agree with my colleague on the other side when he says there is a clear choice in this election. Throughout this cycle, we have been lazer focused on main street priorities, helping small business, expanding and protecting civil liberties, improving and reforming education and integrating covid responses into policies to help business and reform education. Meanwhile most everything we have heard from the other side is fear. The sad part is they know better, and whats even more, the people of Iowa can see right through it too.

But I don't want to waste my time on these matters, I want to talk about issues of great importance to this area and to this state. This state is no stranger to small business, especially in the fields of agriculture and manufacturing. A large part of the problem in our economy is that we have not had policies that focused on promoting and assisting those two aspects of the economy and we have seen the results of that.

This is not just one magic bullet solution either, it requires coordinating changes to our tax code to promote entrepreneurship, reforms to our education so that it works for everyone, not just those who are college bound. It means tying together workforce development and skills based education with defined and secure jobs, and working to build up communities that have been devastated by outsourcing. This will mean that the tax base is restored and this will means that more money will be available for schools and other local priorities.

To make this work it is necessary to have a comprehensive strategy that is focused on achieving the desired results, sort of a modern day American System but with the key caveat of not relying so tariffs and not condoning corruption and monopolist practices. Now some aspects of this cannot be achieved locally or at the state level and we understand that, but there are elements that can be championed there and it is our objective to do just that if you elect main street Federalists to state government.

I will also say that like many people in this area, they know the damage that can be done when authority is centralized in one place. They want their rights and local communities respected of course and we understand that and it is our core belief that each level of government has its purpose, and as such we will make sure to respect the areas of responsibility that are delegated to the cities and towns. Building off of this, we will work to build a collaborative and productive relationship that is able to win for the state of Iowa in a way that would not be possible otherwise. This means working across party lines yes, but also working respectfully between state and local government to achieve results on areas like agricultural, manufacturing, education and the environment, along with a host of other issues. A vote for the main street Federalist option will be a vote for a state government that works with and does not dictate to your city and towns.

I urge you to come out this weekend and cast your ballots for the main street Federalist Party candidates in the elections this weekend.

Thanks and a have a blessed evening!!!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #129 on: September 25, 2020, 10:43:08 PM »

Whistle Stop Tour 4: Davenport, Iowa.

This event was held to campaign for state and local candidates for office. All covid precautions were taken during this event.

Hello Davenport,

Tonight I want to speak about the education issue and how reforms to the way K-12 education can improve and facilitate economic growth and development, as well as revitalization in areas that have been struggling. There needs to be a greater degree of support for non-college based fields as we are facing severe shortages in many skilled trades and part of this is the result of the stigma that faces many people who don't go to college. Often times these classes are the first to get cut in tough budgetary times as well.

This is not to say that those who go to college aren't important, in fact, the whole point of this is to ensure that both groups are advancing and have a short at success and that the educational system is setting them up for success in this regards. In some ways the methods that we teach some subjects are not efficient and too focused on book grades as opposed to practical application, and a good example of this is the way in which foreign languages are taught. We need to switch to more hands on teaching models and while testing is important, we also need to make sure that we are teaching as much people how to learn, as opposed to just what they should know.

There has often been a fear in the past of having direct linking of education and vocational programs to defined jobs, but I think this is misplaced when you look at how things were done previously and as well as just sheer common sense. For these programs to work there has to be a benefit at the end of the tunnel and a good reason why so many of them have cause people to lose faith is precisely because they end up being programs to no where and in some cases programs to a lot of debt and nothing to show for it.

While we do these things, it is also vital that we still push hard for strong performances in STEM fields and more advanced college degrees because they are as I said before a vital piece to economic growth and development in a given area as well. The key to a successful economy is a diverse economy and one that has a strong tech and hi tech sector and thus those fields are important too. My point is and has always been that in order to create a stable and growing middle class, we need to make sure we have resources available for non-college bound people as well, but of course the other side in desperation will seek to mis-characterize this.

Our desire is for reforms to the education system that will make it better serve its stated purpose and thus help the people on main street get head and achieve success and prosperity. To push in that direction, I urge you to come out and cast a ballot for the main street Federalist option for state and local governments in this weekend's up coming elections.

Thanks and have a Blessed Evening!!!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #130 on: September 25, 2020, 11:03:31 PM »

Fayetteville, North Carolina
This speech campaigning for Federalist candidates for state office was conducted in front of a small audience, but was distributed through various online social media platforms. For those who were in attendance, masks were required of course and temperatures and symptoms were checked at the door. Six feet social distancing was maintained inside the venue as well for the event.

Good Evening, Fayetteville!

Tonight I wanted to stop by and talk to you guys about and issue that is of great importance to both of us and that is mental health. This area has a large military presence and thus I am sure that many here are familiar with the effects of PTSD and the resulting impacts that has in terms of abuse, addiction, and economic difficulties as well and far too often this leads to tragedy that can and should not be happening among the me and women in uniform who do so much to protect us each and every day.

Now we face a new mental health challenge, either on its own or compounding other challenges, the covid pandemic has created a secondary mental health epidemic driven by isolation and fear, economic dislocation and the resulting impacts of losing relatives and family members to a terrible disease. In some cases the worst hit are those who are suffering from preexisting mental health conditions, including of course PTSD afflicted veterans. Naturally, the best way to achieve success in this regards of course is naturally to get the disease under control and gone but in the mean time we need to find ways either through tele-medicine or video conferencing, find ways to get people together to reduce the isolation and reduce the resulting negative impacts. A Federalist state government will work to adapt these technologies and ensure that methods of mitigating the isolating impacts of Covid19 are explored and adopted to provide resolution to this aspect of the situation.

Beyond Covid, we still have a crisis in this country and while great work has been done on the strides towards combating addiction, more can and should be done on that front obviously because the opioid epidemic both feeds off of and also drives this mental health crisis in this country obviously. Furthermore, those efforts have to be mindful of underlying issues and the needs that can and should be addressed in this fashion.

Beyond that we need to work to reduce the stigmatization as this helps keep people from reaching out and securing the help that they need. This also means that people are denied the help they need because of people being afraid to be near or to help such people of course. This is difficult to do but it requires changes to how we teach about these in school, public awareness campaigns and new ways of approaching and reporting on these matters in the media so as to ensure that we can minimize the impacts.

We also need to have the resources in place to deal with serious issues and in a number of counties throughout this state, that has become more and more difficult. This means that a lot of situations go unresolved and the end result is often tragic. If a Federalist Government is elected in this state, they will work to ensure that our local communities have the necessary resources to meet the needs and resolve situations before they get worse.

I urge you to come out and vote for Federalist candidates for your state and local elections. Thanks and have a blessed evening!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #131 on: September 25, 2020, 11:04:06 PM »

Rally in Wheeling, WV (Event took place on 9/22)

We have a President of this country who says to someone with mental health issues, as he is leaving public life...he says, "I'm sick of being made out to be the bad guy."

The President of our country continues, "[w]e're all better off with[out] him no-good riddance," and refers to the person in question's "stupidity."

Our President is on his way out but his party is dominant in this country. Shouldn't we have a party that values integrity to govern for a change? If you think your elected officials should take responsibility for their actions, that Presidents should have some compassion (especially for someone who claims to be an enlightened "progressive") then I encourage you to vote for your local Federalist candidates.

We promise to serve with honor and to govern as compassionate conservatives and I know these folks will do right by you...(local and state WV candidates come on stage)...
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #132 on: September 25, 2020, 11:14:38 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2020, 12:06:05 AM by Rep Jessica »

Freedom and liberty campaign stop: Biloxi, MS.

Campaigning for the federalist party. All covid precautions were taken during this event!

Hello to the wonderful people of Biloxi, MS and I speak to you proudly as your representative. I am fighting for your freedom, liberty and the future of our great nation! Some of the stuff I am working on is bills to cut immigration, Atlasia first policies and tax cuts. Yes, I have plans to cut the hell out of your taxes, but not only that, but I am also fighting to fix our homeless problem that quite frankly no one else has cared to solve, fighting disgusting racist policies that seek to push one race against another, and fighting to cut immigration and remolding the system into one that favors the Atlastian worker that creates higher wages and more for our people. We will also fight for a constitutional amendment to expand gun rights for all! The federalist party believes in the constitution, lower taxes, safer streets and common sense! We're a party that believes in Atlasia first!!!! I love our country, our people and believe strongly that Atlasia can be the very best of our world. God bless you all and good night!

Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #133 on: September 25, 2020, 11:17:36 PM »

[Representative Cao made a stop in Waterloo, Iowa at the invitation of the Iowa Federalist Party to join in spearheading a final push across the state in the final hours before voting booths open. The rally which he attended in the company of the Federalist gubernatorial candidate and assorted state legislative candidates was therefore livestreamed, masked, and socially distanced.]

I’ve talked a lot about the Constitution and about our party’s philosophy this cycle, and I know some people consider it dry, but we’re doing this for a very good reason. Unlike our detractors who baselessly attack us without presenting any good reasons to vote for them instead, we believe you voters should have all the information you require to make an informed choice this election. And there is no more important indicator of how a party will perform in office, how it will put into action the will of the people, than its governing philosophy – and if the philosophy is a firm one, then all the rest of it will naturally follow. So we want to emphasize the heavy role that the Constitution and the governing philosophies of its writers have played in the history and governance of the Federalist Party at all levels of government; you know where we stand on the issues and how we draw them from our core principles of collaboration between local, state, and federal governments, protection of the constitutionally protected rights and liberties you all enjoy, and the importance of the family and the community.

You’ve heard from many of our fine candidates here about the policies they draw from this shared value system, and if you’ve listened closely you’ll find something else that they have in common: a recognition that no policy of ours exists in a vacuum, that what affects the family will impact our economic policies, which will also play into elements of our COVID-19 policy, and so on. None of these policies can either exist or be implemented in a vacuum; they will most certainly tie into each other and must be planned accordingly. This can’t be done adequately on the federal level, even with its increased command of resources and time and brainpower, because all of that can’t make up for an understanding of the ground and the issues affecting ordinary citizens. Nyman is hundreds or even thousands of miles away from the vast majority of this nation’s citizens, and – even with that high-speed rail our Federalist representatives support – it can’t possibly know the minutiae of all its citizens’ daily lives and aspirations.

So the onus to implement good policy falls to regional and state and local governments, to people and candidates who really comprehend the extent and idiosyncrasies of their local issues and who reject this top-down imposition of policy from above. The Federalist Party has always understood this dynamic well and, through the years, has built its policies around the need for greater local input, for a closer reading of local issues, and for substantive contributions from those on the ground who know what their communities’ problems are in their entirety and have ideas on how to fix them. We look beyond partisan affiliation while doing so; forget whether or not your mayor is a Labor or a Liberal or a DA one. What are the problems they see in their community, and how can we in the state government and in the legislature do to help?

That’s the pragmatism and willingness to work with others that we Federalists bring to Iowa, in addition to all the policy and idealism you’ve heard this afternoon. That’s our vision as a party formed in accordance with the ideals set out in the Constitution. That, folks, is the Federalist Party – now go vote, and may you all make the most carefully considered decision you can, one based in facts rather than attacks.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #134 on: September 25, 2020, 11:27:45 PM »

Manhattan, New York, New York

This speech campaigning for Federalist candidates for state office was conducted in front of a small audience, but was distributed through various online social media platforms. For those who were in attendance, masks were required of course and temperatures and symptoms were checked at the door. Six feet social distancing was maintained inside the venue as well for the event.

The Laborites are back at it with their "be afraid potato chip" campaign. They tried it at the beginning of the cycle and realized it failed. Now at the eleventh hour, they are bringing it back with no less then the President going to Bronx to spout three separate lies.

1. They talk about neoliberal deregulation, but Federalists restored Glass-Steagall
2. They talk about tax cuts for the wealthy, but Federalists did not pass any deficit funded tax cuts, much less tax cuts for the wealthy while we controlled the Federal Government.
3. They are twisting my words and equating solvency with austerity. Solvency is not austerity, solvency is a concerted effort to try and pay for long term spending and programs as you go just as Eisenhower and FDR sought to do. Austerity is when you cut everything to the bone because you are up against a wall financially.

The President has bought into the notion that deficits don't matter and it is Labor that is going to doom you to austerity when it is too late too turn back. Responsibility now is what will protect you from austerity and it is why you should reject Lyin' Labor, reject the President's alternative reality negative attacks and their fear mongering ads and instead vote for the main street Federalist alternative this weekend. We have a positive agenda for growth, for reform and for improving the relationship between the state and city governments in this state.

If Labor cared about the people of New York, they would not have screwed up the state's legislative composition, gone through multiple amendments and a redraft all by Lincoln level laborites, only to still have it screwed up and need to fix it months later. Furthermore Labor has been asleep most of this campaign practically and now at the end they realize it and so they are resorting to negative attacks to compensate for the fact that they haven't been here. New York deserves better and I urge you to vote for Main Street Federalists this weekend.

Thanks and Have a Blessed Evening!!!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: September 25, 2020, 11:30:26 PM »

Rally in Weirton, WV (Event took place on 9/21)

Hello, Weirton!

I want to say to you today that I will always fight for fair trade deals for our country. Some in our party agree with this stance and some support free trade, and I can understand that.

Something else that I wanted to speak to you about is integrity. Our party, by and large, is not marked by cockiness, by arrogance—because that is not how elected officials should act.

Something that deeply troubled me was a comment by a Former President of our great country. This remark was a joke about how fast Labor stole the Greens' House seat. This individual said, "[t]his is an incredibly insulting series of claims to make.  It didn't take us a couple of hours: it took a couple of minutes!" He said this in response to the charge that the Green take-over had taken hours and this "joke" was a comment that received a lot of support on the left, including from major officeholders.

The former President continued by making light of the party-coup. Apparently, he enjoys being a divisive personality. A president, however, should be a unifying personality; at least, he should be, and this is something our current President could take note of as well.

When I left Labor, I specifically did not want to detail the specifics of why I left that party because I did not want bad blood, but the major members of that party insisted. There must be a "good enough" reason to leave the Politburo, but no reason, truly, is good enough. The Politburo is always right.

I disagree, I think the people, not Labor alone, should decide. That is why I decided to join this party. This party is the party of issues. In virtually all instances this party is making a policy-based approach to voters while the majority-party makes disingenuous attacks as if they were a childish minority. It is sad and the people deserve better from a former and current President of these great united states of Atlasia. I strongly encourage you to vote for your local Federalist candidates. Join with us to toss out the corrupt, the spin-masters, and the party bosses.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #136 on: September 25, 2020, 11:32:50 PM »

Rally in Beckley, WV

This rally will take covid precautions including with seating at a distance of six feet apart with masks mandatory. Masks will be handed out at the door for those without. Temperature checks will be taken upon entry.

Good evening wild and wonderful West Virginia! I want to speak to all of you about how electing Federalists for statewide and local offices will make a difference in your lives. We stand to protect your livelihoods in all aspects. A Federalist government will revitalize the economy of West Virginia through diversification of our energy sector. This means opposing fracking bans while cutting regulations that harm job growth. As we have seen communities here struggle as our best and brightest have moved away to other states and regions in search of new opportunities, we need to find ways to keep them here so that West Virginia can see better days like we've had decades ago. This means improving our education system so that it gives our students skills that prepare them to succeed. This can be done through using technology to individualize education so that each student can get the targeted help he or she needs to be able to go into a field that they are interested in and that the state of West Virginia needs people to work in. We also need to fight the opioid crisis that poisons our communities. This can be done through creating community coalitions to work together across sectors, developing ordinances and places for safe drug disposal, establishing drug diversion task forces, and providing training for first responders in the use of naloxone (Narcan) for reducing opioid overdoses. Now it is your choice, West Virginia, voting for Federalists across your whole ballot will pay off in moving a state that has been left behind for far too long forward in a way that respects our deeply held cultural values that other parties view with contempt. Thank you all for coming here to listen, and don't forget to vote tomorrow!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #137 on: September 25, 2020, 11:42:25 PM »

Attleboro, MA

Good Evening,

Today I wanted to stop by for a quick visit and urge you folks to turn out and vote for the main street Federalist option this weekend in your state and local elections. When you look to the party in power, they seem to rely exclusively on negative attacks, and some of them seem out of this world. Sure their may be some Federalists who hold one position or another, but the fact is you need to look at the record. The Federalist Party respected Paygo while we were in office on both spending and tax cuts, and most Federalists will vote accordingly now. Futhermore, the Federalist Party stood up for small firms and entrepreneurs by reigning in too big to fail banks when we reinstated Glass-Steagal.

They want to pretend this record doesn't exist and run against us like we are something out of some bizarro world, but I tell you I think the people of Massachusetts, just like the people of New York where I was a little while ago, deserve much better. We want to ensure that we have an education system that doesn't always fail half our kids and we want a strong and diverse economy build from the small businesses up on main street. We have long stood against monopolies and in favor of maintaining market choice and market competition.

The big difference though, is Labor supports the biggest monopoly of all, the Federal Government. We believe differently! We believe in regional, and local control and we believe that state government has a role to play as well and that state governments should not usurp those authorities and impose their views on the voters of a local entity just because they happen to disagree on how things should be done. The voters in that local deserve to be respected, and cities and towns deserve to be respected thus.

We believe in fiscal responsibility, not austerity. It is not our desired to gut services or dismantle the government. It is our belief that stability is found by ensuring that priorities are funded and that long term deficits are minimized and eliminated if possible, to ensure that such is sound long term. The other side things they can just stick their head in the sand, and pretend that reality doesn't exist. The Federalist Party however doesn't have any desire to live in their lalaland, we prefer to live right here with you on Main Street.

I encourage you to come out and vote for your main street Federalist Candidates for state and local offices.

Thanks and have a blessed evening!!!
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #138 on: September 25, 2020, 11:45:08 PM »

[Back in Lincoln, the Federalist Party of Massachusetts asked the Representative to help with a final push of their own and obliged by joining a number of state senators and state legislative candidates on a tour of the state. The speech below was delivered to a masked and socially distanced crowd in Holyoke.]

You know, Holyoke, I and the rest of our candidates here were so looking forward to a dignified and respectful campaign season without mud flying in every direction, without people once again running to their spin machines to hurl smears and insults at each other. Sadly this wasn’t to be in these final days of the campaign cycle. And perhaps I was naďve about this, but I did think they would heed the voices of Western Massachusetts and refrain from tearing others down without building themselves or other people up in return – or even being so bald-faced about it in the hopes that the average citizen wouldn’t object. Because partisan-based allegations like these are not helpful for our nation and they can damage lives and careers in shocking numbers if people turn a blind eye to their insidious effects on our body politic and all its constituent citizens and human beings.

At times this partisan din is extremely disheartening, and goodness knows I’ve been affected by the miasma of partisan hackery myself at times. It’s almost enough to make one throw out the idea of the better angels of our nature having the upper hand. And it’s a deeply unwelcome spectacle that distracts us from the crucial work we need to do in Nyman, in state legislatures and governor’s mansions across the country, to govern rather than grandstand. But my entire political career from city councillor to Speaker was not built on despair, but rather hope, and I will be optimistic – and I encourage you all to do likewise, to refrain from further contributing to this toxic brew and look beyond it instead, for one simple reason. This is not the norm.

Atlasia is a big country full of folks who are content to go about their daily lives, to continue striving towards their own private ambitions, to help out their families and their communities, without indulging in partisan brinksmanship. We as a nation are not a fundamentally partisan people, despite others’ attempts to make them so. The average Atlasian does not care about point-scoring by elected officials who are there to serve the people who elected them, but wants to know how we can help improve their lives and livelihoods. That is something we intimately understand and something that all our candidates here have worked hard for – in going out to communities to listen to them and to translate their fears and hopes and ideas into policy that will help them and others like them all over our great nation.

I will admit, though, that I may not have been entirely honest myself earlier. I should have said that mud was flying in every direction but one: despite some of our colleagues across the aisle going low, we’re proud that each and every member of the Federalist Party from our party leaders on down to the most junior state House candidate has run a clean campaign throughout and one that has presented a positive vision for our party and what we can do for you all, not just here in Massachusetts, but across Atlasia. And so, Holyoke, I hope you will now join me in continuing to promote the cleanest state campaign in the country, the proof that the better angels of our nature can and will prevail in this great state and that Massachusetts will put itself beyond meaningless partisanship and rise towards a better future. Please welcome your next state senator!
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #139 on: September 25, 2020, 11:56:13 PM »

[On one of the last stops on the state tour in the Boston area (at which all COVID-19 restrictions were strictly observed), the gubernatorial candidate made an appeal to the values implicit in the city’s centuries of history and drew a line between the actions of the Founding Fathers, the succession of capable state and local leaders in Massachusetts throughout its history, and the current crop of Federalist candidates. Representative Cao’s speech touched on a somewhat similar theme, as the reprinted transcript below makes clear.]

I talked earlier in Holyoke about the better angels of our nature. Well, as much as others have tried to suppress them, I can see them out in force tonight, folks! Thank you all for making it here, just hours before the voting booths open, and I hope you all are weighing the candidates and parties carefully in your mind at this minute.

There’s been entirely too much discord in the air and on the airwaves these past couple of days, and I’m sure you’re all sick of this sudden outburst – but bear in mind which party has always prioritized your families and communities and local needs rather than making them an afterthought, and which party has been on the ground with you since the very beginning of this campaign season. I do want to say at this point – if the President is fully sincere in wanting to fight back against the discord in our national politics, I stand fully with him. And unlike some others I could name, my actions and speeches and priorities during my entire time in office and on the trail have reflected that. I am putting my money where my mouth is and doing my part to back down from the political arms race we’re seeing, as are the Federalist candidates for state legislature gathered here today.

This all brings to mind a different set of angels – those that Madison invoked in his famous line about government, and those that lurk just behind the rest of his contributions to our nation. Implicit in that line and in all of his later political and intellectual works was a desire to protect against the excesses of human nature, a similar sentiment to that of John Adams’ plea to resist human passions that would destroy government just as a whale could destroy a net. But Madison’s primary concern throughout was to craft an effective and stable popular government, one necessary precisely because we are not angelic, but one needing both external and internal controls on that same government for the same reason. Government has a role to play – that is not in dispute. But the interplay between federal and state government is one that must still be carefully considered.

Particularly in this time of emergency, there needs to be a clear understanding of the bounds of government and how much the state can do – and it is of course incumbent upon our candidates and state legislators here to craft and implement policy that answers the problems in each of your communities. It is partly true that there’s a tradeoff between freedom from constraint from above and the ability for all of us to live safely.  But it doesn’t have to be that way if our state and local leaders are able to establish and make use of lines of communication with our federal leaders, and for each side to heed the words of the other. Freedom, for us in the Federalist Party, does not simply mean the absence of federal government: it includes the freedom we enjoy with the rights that are quite literally written down in the one government document to rule them all, the freedoms our workers deserve and the freedoms our small businesses need to thrive, and so on an so forth.

Making sense of all this is a massive undertaking; putting it into policy is even more so. But the Federalist Party recognizes it, and our candidates have plans to tackle the task of good governance that recognize it. That’s not the case of other parties, as much as I respect their very concrete accomplishments for this nation. So get out and vote as soon as the polls open, and good luck with your decision – to do your part in rejecting discord in favor of sound good governance. Stay safe.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #140 on: September 25, 2020, 11:56:32 PM »

Goldsboro, NC

So, here we are, after a three plus week push for elections both here and around the country and I will say that I have every confidence in the voters to look past the last minute tom foolery that certain folks in Federal Government are very skilled at and focus on the issues that matter most, the issues that effect every day life here on main street. I had hoped that our counterparts would have done the same, but instead they have resorted to distortion and dismissiveness.

I want to say that I am proud of my team for the work they have done in this effort and while there were some novice mistakes along the way, it is my hope that by bringing more people in and engaging them into the process, we can achieve better results then just by having the same old people engaged in it. It was also my objective as such to ensure that there were  concrete policy proposals thrown into the mix and I am extremely grateful to the hard work of OSR and BG-NY, whose efforts I hope will serve as a model for future campaigns and make these more about ideas and positive reform then about divisiveness and negativity. I also want to give special thanks to my friend Westy for his hard work with me here in NC, to Joseph Cao, Deadprez, Fhtagn, Jessica and yea even finally at the end, LT. If I have forgot to mention your name I apologize, but I am on a time limit here. Wink

In just a few moments this campaign cycle will end, and regardless of the outcomes here I am proud of the hard work put into this and hope that as many of you who can and many more as well, will be willing to, perhaps with a bit less intensity for those whose state's won't be up next time, nevertheless continue to help with the NPC election efforts.

Finally, if you are still making up your minds, remember that a vote for the Federalist Party is a vote for a focus on main street concerns, on boosting small business, reforming and improving education, respecting local control, respecting civil and constitutional liberties and yes I am not ashamed to say it, FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY!!! Its not a revolutionary concept, it just common sense. 

Thanks and have a Blessed Evening!!!
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #141 on: September 25, 2020, 11:58:40 PM »

Rally in Harpers Ferry, WV

This rally will take covid precautions including with seating at a distance of six feet apart with masks mandatory. Masks will be handed out at the door for those without. Temperature checks will be taken upon entry.

I'm glad to be here at this very historic place! Tonight I want to talk about a little something that we cherish called freedom. We as a nation and as a state are rooted in the idea that no matter where you grow up, you can achieve a nice comfortable life as long as you have the will and guts to succeed. Electing a Main Street Federalist government will bring opportunity to the forgotten communities of West Virginia. This will be through revitalizing our small industries which will rebuild our emptied out small towns. Tourism to places like Harpers Ferry will also bring in much needed investment that will fuel our economy. The natural beauty of this state will always be around to draw people in to enjoy the heritage we have to offer. Support for small businesses is extremely crucial to restore the energy West Virginia. Through the jobs that are created, we make this a good place to raise families and instill strong freedom-loving values in our children so they don't feel the need to leave this state in order to have good lives for themselves. We also need to promote a stable society where people of all colors can hope to achieve the Atlasian Dream. Main Street Federalism is all about providing opportunity, and that is why it will be important to make sure you vote for Federalists for West Virginia's Governor and for state house and senate so that we make that Atlasian Dream an Atlasian Reality! Thank you very much and let's win together!
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #142 on: October 06, 2020, 11:34:50 PM »

[Representative Cao was invited to open a general rally in Morristown for the Federalist Party of New Jersey's October campaign, a location chosen in recognition of its history as the military capital of the American Revolution. The rally was attended (largely virtually) by most of the Federalist candidates for the state legislature while all in physical attendance were required to wear masks and observe social distancing.]

Hello, Morristown! Good evening! Good evening, you all! Thanks for making it here, and thanks for having us this evening. Bit of a wind about, but I promise you I'll get my part of this event over with as quickly as I can.

These past months really have been the times that try men's (and women's) souls, as that statue across town says. We're still struggling through a pandemic that continues to take Atlasian lives and our economy and social fabric are straining under its weight. At such times, it's very natural for our fellow-countrymen to look to others for guidance and for instructions. And people are not just looking to elected leaders; it could just as easily be (and usually is) family members, communities, social contacts, social media "icons," talk show hosts, or anyone with a semblance of authority. In one sense, it's good that you're doing so, because when you reach out to your family members, your friends, your community, and so forth, that strengthens the ties that bind Atlasians and binds Atlasia together. It is another thing altogether when we simply take our cues, whether political or social or otherwise, from strangers on social media without thinking twice about it or bothering to fact-check or think through the cue on its merits. And you know, I find it funny that this has become such a prevalent issue in the era of the Internet – the thing that was supposed to make us all smarter and better critical thinkers in order to sift the vast amounts of information at our fingertips. Outsourcing work to someone else and letting them do your thinking for you never ends well, and we really should have learned that by now.

Because here's the thing. Your leaders ought ideally to have your best interests at heart, and the best ones will tell you why they do what they do and how it actively benefits you or your community. After all, you can't really say you're fighting for the people of a community if they don't know why you do what you do. This applies to leaders on the political scene and goes double for those in the media and online. There are still leaders in both categories who effectively treat politics as a sales pitch and think of voters as customers, who don't bother to justify their own actions and positions as long as they can paint their "competitors" as a bad business proposition. And as with salesmen, they are not averse to lying about their own record or the records of others if they think it helps them get more likes or retweets towards their real end goal of "owning the libs" or "smashing the cons." Leaders who stoop to such tactics are fundamentally not dedicated to the people they say they serve. Those citizens deserve a factual understanding of politics, and such tactics hobble ordinary folks' ability to make the best decisions for their communities and their families. And just as salesmen expect brand loyalty from their customers, so such leaders expect people to continue voting for them regardless, to never even think of considering people across the aisle.

I want to make clear that the Federalist Party stands in firm opposition to this dynamic. We know voters are not simply customers for a party, but are fellow citizens with an equal say in the democratic process. We are composed of free-thinking individuals rather than partisans, and we recognize that the best person to do a job or fill an office isn't always a Federalist. There are outstanding leaders from opposing parties who we are always honored to work with for the betterment of Atlasians and who fully deserve your vote. So we want you all, as best you can, to determine who the best leaders are for your community based on the merits and the results they've delivered. And most of all, to aid with that decision-making process, we will always be honest with you and your community about what we do and what you can expect from our party. Putting down people or organizations and smearing their records has not and never will be condoned where the New Jersey Federalist Party is concerned, because that's not what politics is for – it should be to build up New Jersey, build up Lincoln, and build up Atlasia and Atlasians of all stripes. There are many people here tonight who have dedicated their lives to building others up, and it is my great pleasure to now hand over the stage to one of them, a great worker, a great person, and a pillar of his community. Please welcome your next state representative!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #143 on: October 10, 2020, 10:42:09 PM »

Nationwide TV Ad campaign
This ad will run in all contested states in the October campaign cycle through the end of the election campaign period.

With the elections this month remember to vote for your state and local Federalist Candidates. Federalists will fight for Main Street by preserving local control, fighting for fiscal responsibility and reforming education and the tax code to promote small business and long term economic growth.

Vote for Main Street Values, Vote Federalist!

Federalist National HQ is responsible for this advertisement
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #144 on: October 10, 2020, 10:56:42 PM »

Fort Worth, Texas
This speech campaigning for state Federalist candidates was conducted using all necessary covid precautions with masks required, temperatures checked at the door and six feet social distancing maintained with appropriate over flow rooms setup to minimize the crowd size.

Hello Texas,

Tonight I wanted to stop by and stress the vital importance of getting out to vote in this election. there is much at stake and the choices could not be clearer. When it comes to the parties, there is only one that will stand up for main street against both big government and big business, and while there are many who will say you should pick one over the other, we believe that is the equivalent of asking people how Main Street should be left behind not how it should be improved.

To begin with, we need a tax code that rewards and encourages entrepreneurs, to ensure that we can create new and growing businesses, combining the advantages in technology and skilled labor here in Texas to power the next generation of growth. I think that Texas can be a leader in this area even more then it already has and to do that we need to elect a state government here in Texas that understands just how important small and new businesses are.

It has long been said that small and new businesses create most of the jobs, while older and larger existing firms tend to shed jobs over time as they pursue efficiency. Yet, it is those same established firms that often get all of the breaks and are often able to skirt paying taxes at all and this comes at the expense of the primary job creators who don't have the advantages of armies of tax accountants, lawyers and lobbyists in their corner. That means when we create laws, we must be mindful of compliance burden and we must be putting the small business first.

To make this Main Street agenda work, we need to ensure that we are promoting opportunity and one of the best ways to promote opportunity is through education. In Education, we demonstrate that we can set people up on a path to long term success. It is our desire to make sure that our curriculum works and sets everyone up on a path to success, including both those who are college bound and those who are not, since both are necessary elements to a successful, stable and growing Middle Class.

When you have entrepreneurship provided by a conducive tax and regulatory framework, when you have a skilled workforce provided by a reformed education system, you also need to have an eye towards technological advancement. The ultimate answer to pressings problems of climate, loss of biodiversity, is not via reductions in economic strength and prosperity. It is through technology that we can work to develop more efficient energy and transportation options, and we should work to make sure that these become available more cheaply and develop them with an eye towards cost and accessibility. Because starving the economy of energy without the cheap alternatives necessary to replace them is a road to economic ruin and hardship. This is especially so for a state like Texas, that has such a history of energy production but at the same time Texas has a bright future in technology sectors and we can utilize that technological development to provide a third option. And option that both addresses climate concerns and also at the same time works to ensure that energy production matches our needs and at lower costs.

We understand that these issues are complex and they require great efforts, but their importance cannot be understated and I urge you the people of Texas to come out and vote for main street principles when it comes to taxes. Main street principles when it comes to education reform and main street principles when it comes to promoting innovation and technological development to address the climate and other areas. I therefore urge you to vote for your Federalist Candidates this October to achieve Main Street priorities!!!

Thank You and Have a Blessed Evening!!!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #145 on: October 10, 2020, 11:12:28 PM »

Rutland, Vermont
This event was held for Vermont Federalist candidates with all covid precautions taken including six feet social distancing, mask requirements, and overflow rooms to minimize the crowd size

Hello RUTLAND!!!

I am so glad to be up here and tonight I want to urge you to vote for your Federalist candidates for state office tonight. The Federalist Party is committed to main street values but maintaining local control and building a state gov't that operates by working in productive collaboration with local towns and communities rather then dictation from above. New England and Vermont especially has a long tradition of local governance and it is our core principle that government should be maintained as close to the people as possible.

We also share I believe a strong desired to protect civil and natural liberties as included in the constitution and to make sure that everyone is treated equally under the law. We have seen many instances where government at various levels has violated either these rights and liberties or has pursued policies that created a fundamental imbalance on how these are enforced, that should should not happen!!!. The Federalist Party believes strongly in our bill or rights and a Federalist Government in Vermont will fight to your protect your civil liberties including not limited you to protecting you from surveillance by business and by government entities.

As you know I am big believer in keeping government as close to the people as possible and also pursuing policies that help keep families strong and together. This extends in my view to the war on drugs where the central state has been the agent of disruption to many families, thus making a bad situation worse and requiring on mass incarceration where such is unwarranted. This has been detrimental in many states and thus we oppose mass incarceration and prefer instead to rely on rehabilitation for drug addicts and support the decriminalization over the last few years of certain drugs at the Federal level.

I would be remiss if I came to Vermont and did not touch on small business as this state like no other is the capital of small and locally owned businesses and we all know you are determined to keep it that way. Federalists will respect Vermont's values when it comes to prioritizing and promoting local home grown and small businesses and opposing multi-national conglomerates from coming in and dominating the local economics and putting mom and pop operations out of business. At the same time we need to promote the creation of new small businesses through ensuring that the tax code benefits them and ensures that large companies that often escape paying taxes don't here in Vermont. We also want to work to make sure that Vermont remains one of the best education states in the country, as that is just as vital to success of the economy as promoting small business.

I will close by saying remember to come out and vote for your Main Street Federalists for state elections, this October.

Thank You and Good Evening!!!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #146 on: October 10, 2020, 11:35:10 PM »

Burlington, Vermont
This event was held for Vermont Federalist candidates with all covid precautions taken including six feet social distancing, mask requirements, and overflow rooms to minimize the crowd size

I am so grateful to be here in Burlington Vermont tonight and I want to touch on several topics, some of which are directly related to the issues facing Vermont at the state level, while others are more indirect but nonetheless important in terms of establishing our record as the Party of Main Street, especially when the other parties unleash their attack ads making all kinds of wild claims to the contrary.

For one thing they will say that we are the tools of big business and high finance and yet this could not be further from the truth as it is thus the case that when the Federalists were in charge of the Gov't, we passed the restoration of Glass-Steagall in a modernized form and we also instituted a Carbon Tax, hardly policies that would be enacted if the Federalists were bought and paid for by special interests.

Another whopper is that you will here that we want to gut education to cut taxes for the rich. While this might have been pursued in some other regions, at the Federal level, the Federalist Party strictly adhered to paygo, and avoided large tax cuts precisely because we could not afford them. We also were party to the creation of a health care law that contained a sliding scale subsidy and revenues aimed at covering the costs of this program to ensure that people who need help got it.

The Federalist Party believes in and as is committed to the policies that will main street to grow and prosper, earlier I talked about the importance of ensuring that small business are fairly treated in terms of taxes and about the importance of education to that as well. Tonight I want to talk about working on another matter that is partially relevant to a state and that is trade. While a state has limited impact on trade policy, there are a number of areas where the state can be an advocate and in some cases a necessary protector of local businesses. A main street Federalist Party will work to fight back against unfair trade practices and where state action cannot address these matters will insist on action to be taken at higher levels of government to ensure that the local and small businesses of Vermont aren't overrun by multinational conglomerates, or that its businesses loss out foreign competition aided by unfair trade practices.

I encourage the good people of Vermont to come out and vote this month for their Federalists candidates for state and local offices, to ensure that we have a main street advocate in state government.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #147 on: October 10, 2020, 11:50:17 PM »

Local TX Radio Ad
This ad will run in all TX media markets through the end of the cycle

Vote Federalist for state and local elections this October.
Federalist to protect Main Street
Federalist to promote and grow small business
Federalist to secure reform our education system
Federalist to rely on technology over banning energy production to save our environment
Federalist to defend our natural rights and civil liberties as well as the constitution that protects

Vote Federalist for a stronger Texas main street!!!
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #148 on: October 11, 2020, 12:23:22 AM »

[Representative Cao spoke at an event organized by the Federalist Party of Vermont in Saint Albans, which was attended by various candidates for state assembly and state Senate from surrounding legislative districts, immediately before a visit to the Northwestern Medical Center with a state legislator who previously introduced a healthcare bill in the legislature. All speeches at the masked and socially distanced event were livestreamed and a transcript of the Representative’s speech is provided below.]

Thank you for having me here, Vermont! Saint Albans is a magnificent city and I’m glad to be here this afternoon. And I’m even gladder that you all have turned out here today! With a host of elections approaching, I trust you’re all doing your best to prepare for the tasks ahead of you as citizens living under the world’s preeminent democratic process.

The recent round of polling has no less than four parties within a margin of error of each other – the Liberals, the Federalists, Labor, and the DA. And to that I have to say: congratulations, Vermont! It’s absolutely great that you have real choices and a real chance of making your voice heard this election. In far too many states since the beginning of election season, one party or another has started out with an insurmountable advantage that allowed them to coast along while superior campaigns by other parties have gone unrewarded. But in such a finely balanced state, it’s good to know that you the voters can expect your good judgement to prevail in the end regardless of which party starts out advantaged.

That’s what we at the Federalist Party have always understood matters most in our outreach – not us, who are after all only public servants, but the people who we are meant to serve. There is no possibility of being able to solve problems if we don’t know what it is that you need from your local and state governments. So I’m glad to hear that our candidates here today have spent the first leg of campaign season on the ground and listening to what is needed in your communities and in your lives; what we now aim to do is present solutions to those needs and problems that will work for Vermonters of all stripes and for the Main Streets of Saint Albans and Rutland and Newport and Barre. I’ve said before that government works better the closer it is to those who it serves – when there is a face to the different policies that emanate from Nyman, from New York City, or from Montpelier, and when these policies have their roots in the communities they are meant to help and in the ideas and problems presented by the hardworking people therein, rather than being imposed from above. That’s what we’ve been striving for in every government we head, and what we will strive for here: full transparency on our legislators’ votes and policies and implementations; a dedication to plans that put the people and communities of Vermont first; working with all parties and saying no to partisan politics, as our constituents deserve from the people they elect to work for them.

Saint Albans doesn’t have to be a political and economic terminus. The people of Vermont don’t have to be left out of consideration and languishing at the end of the line. The Federalist Party and its candidates have and always have had a one hundred per cent commitment to the needs of Atlasia’s communities. And here to expand on that: please welcome a leader in state affairs, a successful force behind the state’s rededication to government transparency, and your next state senator!
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #149 on: October 12, 2020, 11:13:24 PM »

[As part of a concerted outreach effort in urban and suburban areas of the state, the New Jersey Federalist Party organized a series of virtual town halls and fundraising calls by candidates for the state legislature, to be augmented by livestreamed speeches delivered to limited audiences with enforced mask-wearing and social distancing. The Federalist gubernatorial candidate gave a speech of his own from campaign headquarters in Hoboken urging like-minded citizens to get their families and communities out to vote, which was followed shortly thereafter by Representative Cao's own speech from an event near the Elizabeth River. A transcript of the speech is provided below.]

Good evening to you all, Elizabeth! Thank you all for making it here today, and I certainly hope you’re taking the additional bit of trouble to wear your masks and stay socially distanced. That includes those of you watching this online, by the way! It’s the least we can ask of you all on a daily basis while the pandemic remains a constant threat to public health and to the livelihoods of all of us gathered here. National crises such as these are extraordinarily pervasive, but this one is even more so, and it is a testament to Atlasians that in our daily goings-about we’re doing our best to live around it, as it were.

And as with national crises of the past, this one has also seen a profusion of people whose rightness and foresight have been thoroughly vindicated by the turn of events and who will happily let you and everyone else within earshot know about it. For people of a certain disposition, who I can truthfully say are not limited to any one party, this in turn leads to much ado about how everyone else needs to fall in line behind whatever vision or policy has been proven right. In the past few months alone we’ve heard no end of this on social media and in regular media – this is a World War II moment, the Atlasian people must mobilize, it’s time for the politics to end and for everyone to come together behind a common goal, et cetera ad infinitum. Implicit in all this, of course, is that this noble goal around which we should rally is usually whatever pet goal the rally-rouser has in mind. And I’ve made no secret of my thoughts on wartime rhetoric, its overuse even in times of comparative peace, and its generally overstretched bounds.

I want to talk more about that last line, which has made a comeback as it does during every moment of crisis, and so will assuredly be back in the near future as Atlasia heads into an ever more uncertain future on multiple fronts. The idea that “now is the time for politics to end” preys on the image most ordinary people have of politics as a mud-wrestling blame game. But it is an approach that fundamentally misunderstands the role politics plays in our form of government. While Atlasia may technically be a constitutional republic, we are unquestionably a nation founded on democratic values: not least among them, the self-evident truths that all of us are created equal and that we are endowed with certain inalienable rights – of which the very first to be enumerated in the Constitution is the right to express ourselves and our opinions. People disagree with each other, as I’m sure you’ll agree. The discussion and debate that make up the heart of politics are essential to the way our government runs and the way policies are constructed in Nyman and in the regions.

Atlasia is a big region and is possessed of a political granularity that’s been remarked upon many times. Just here in New Jersey we have hardcore conservatives like Daniel G., moderate Federalists like former Rep. Pessimistic Antineutrino, centrists like former VP Kingpoleon and Councillor Ninja, mainstream liberals like Speaker S019, and avowed leftists like former Councillor cookiedamage. Here, as with states and regions all across Atlasia, is the answer to why this “time for politics to end” drivel never succeeds. We have had disagreements about how to respond to national crises before and we will have them again. It is obviously a goal of mine and of others to keep such disagreements civil, and to recognize that those with whom we disagree are fellow citizens and deserving of respect. But nevertheless, because we are not and never have been a homogenous nation, the differences persist. And the beauty of the Atlasian experiment is that it enables us to work through those differences in a manner unparalleled for its time, and which remains an inspiration to principalities and powers around the world today.

To those gathered here today, those with whom we agree and those with whom we may not, I say that we welcome such differences. We will work through our disagreements, and we will make use of the wealth of diversity in our own party and with our colleagues across the aisle in the state legislature to make the best decisions we can for New Jersey. And we’re counting on the citizens of New Jersey to do likewise. The Federalist Party’s ideological diversity has enabled us to pass and implement policies at all levels of government that benefit ordinary citizens and their communities; our candidates for office here likewise span the spectrum of Atlasian politics. Here to talk about their shared values in spite of their not inconsiderable ideological differences, please welcome two of your next state senators!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies