Federalist Party NPC Elections HQ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:07:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Federalist Party NPC Elections HQ
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15
Author Topic: Federalist Party NPC Elections HQ  (Read 11495 times)
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2020, 05:19:45 AM »

Rallies will be socially distanced with masks mandatory. Masks will be handed out at the door for those without. Temperature checks will be taken upon entry.

Rally in Fayetteville, NC
Hello, Fayetteville! I would like to speak with y’all today on the issue of immigration. This is an issue on which our party has come under fire recently. Our opponents may discredit us but we know our party is a big tent on this important issue. I support immigration reform. I do, however, know that many in our party support a tough-on-the-border position—and this is a position I understand and respect.

I believe immigrant labor drives down wages and cuts out good-paying job opportunities for native-born Americans. This is why I do not support increases in the number of visas for professionals, and I would be open to decreases. I support fair trade and taxing outsourcing to protect American jobs. These are my positions, and a handful of them are shared by some or most of my partisans and others not.

I do support tough border security, however. We cannot have open borders, or else we are not a country. I agree with not hiring undocumented workers if paired with immigration reform. I do, however, understand conservative opposition to amnesty. When President Reagan signed the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (when we were still the United States), we eventually came back to our same, initial problem of a large number of undocumented immigrants in our country. I believe if we widen the queues for family-based visas for people with citizen children and spouses in our great country then we can likely prevent the recurrence of this predicament.

On the Statue of Liberty, it reads, “[g]ive me your tired, your poor, [y]our huddled masses yearning to breathe free, [t]he wretched refuse of your teeming shore.” I believe our nation is a melting pot. I think to some extent this great country is a patchwork quilt but we should not abandon a national identity. Immigrants should be required to learn English and all the children of our great land should feel proud and grateful to be Atlasians, to be members and citizens of the greatest land on this earth.

Some in our party believe in reduced immigration, at-large, and while I disagree, we can still be a part of the same party. We are the party of patriotism; this is one core value that we share. We, as Federalists, are also united in our belief in federalism and local government instead of an ever bigger, central government. Thank you for coming out today. With your support, we can elect fiscally conservative, pro-individual rights Federalists up and down the ballot.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2020, 01:56:23 AM »

NATIONWIDE TV AD CAMPAIGN
This ad will run in all contests except Kansas and Mississippi through the end of the campaign cycle unless otherwise canceled or replaced earlier.

[Clip from Rep. FalterinArc’s speech in Bismarck]

REP. FALTERINARC: The Federalist [sic] have staked out their position on this issue, don’t let them tell you any different!

[The frame freezes.]

CAO [voiceover]: My honorable colleague is right.

[Abrupt cut to the Speaker]

CAO: You all know the positions we hold – and not just on this issue: the positions the Federalist Party has held through the years, through its long history, right from the very beginning.

It’s our position that the Constitution endows each and every Atlasian with certain inalienable rights – rights that guard us all against centralization and government overreach; rights that can and must be defended.

It’s our position that governments have to act in the best interests of their constituents and make changes that benefit and strengthen them, rather than divide them for other nefarious purposes. That local issues matter; that your voice is best heard when it isn’t being drowned out by people seeking to nationalize the conversation for their own ends.

It’s our position that markets must empower people by giving them a free choice between competing options, instead of subjecting them to the whims of government-supported monopolies.

It’s our position that no policy at any level of government ought to be implemented without making sure that not a single Atlasian gets left behind because of it. Trade, education, the environment – whatever solutions are proposed to solve these problems must ease the social and economic burdens borne by so many families and communities and schools and hospitals across our nation rather than add to them.

It’s our position that the unborn should be protected and that policies like contraceptives and adoption services can minimize the need for abortions without gutting women’s rights.

It’s our position that this nation has come a long way; that many of its citizens are, nevertheless, still crushed under the weight of injustice – but that the way to right these wrongs begins with the community and with local change, not with top-down policies imposed from above.

It’s our position that our foreign policy must protect this nation and its people – but not send our sons and daughters into harm’s way unless it is absolutely necessary.

It’s our position that people can always be treated with respect and dignity, that they deserve the truth rather than lies and smears with no basis in fact. And even if we don’t agree on something, we can work on our common ground in order to achieve advancements on the issues you care about.

Our positions are Main Street positions – and if you contact your local Federalist candidates for the state legislature, for governor, for row offices, they’ll be happy to tell you more about theirs.

We’ve staked out our positions. And don’t let anyone tell you any different.

This ad paid for by the Federalist National Committee.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2020, 02:00:23 AM »
« Edited: September 16, 2020, 02:07:51 AM by People's Speaker Joseph Cao »

[Representative Cao joined Federalist candidates for the state House and state Senate at a masked and socially distanced general party rally in the Somerville area yesterday at which he was asked to deliver the opening speech. They were later joined by the gubernatorial candidate, who had been attending a public fundraiser across town with other regional party leaders.]

Hello, Somerville! It’s lovely to be here in Massachusetts, and even lovelier to see you all still being vigilant and wearing your masks, washing your hands, and generally keeping yourselves and each other safe. I know it’s September and the issue of school and university reopenings has been especially pressing here in one of the most heavily educated communities in Atlasia. In such a situation it’s imperative that the people and their government are able to work together towards a sufficiently workable arrangement. I applaud you all for doing your part to save lives, as the good citizens you are; I’d also like to take this moment to commend the President’s COVID policy, which has very prudently permitted each region to reopen as needed and allowed the needs of Atlasian communities to be more easily accommodated. And for those of you who are surprised that I’m praising the President, put a pin in it for now. I’ll come back to this later.

For now, I’ll just say that I think the plan is a good one for federalism and for the values and principles this party stands for. If you’ve heard any of your local Federalist candidates on the trail here in the Boston metro area or on the airwaves, you’ll know our history of standing up for a greater voice for communities at the regional and local level. Our actions on the executive and legislative levels and in the public sphere have consistently pushed to empower individuals and families and communities – to give them that much more of a chance to succeed. And we stand for this because we understand the very timeless maxim that while power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. The Founders set in place a system of government trussed to the hilt with constitutional checks and balances to prevent too much power from pooling in any one part of government. And it’s worked! It’s kept our republic running for nearly two hundred and fifty years even as other systems of government have stumbled and fallen on the corrupting influence of power.

To be more prosaic for a moment, it’s obvious and has always been that power is still very much a desirable commodity. You may have seen some of this recently when you heard about the Green Party’s collapse over its leaders’ attempts to wrest more power for themselves. And to the Greens who’ve joined us, to those who are thinking of doing so, I hear you! Environmental concerns are a very noble cause. But even the most noble causes – and I’m including a lot of key Federalist policies in this – aren’t exempt from the corrupting influence of power. The fate of this nation has at times turned on the power wielded by one person or one singular group of persons. And the more power anyone holds in this game, in this nation, the more desperately each side seeks it. The more power the government holds, the more desperately each side will want to win at all costs or risk “losing everything.” And that isn’t good for us, it isn’t good for anyone on the other side of the aisle, and it most certainly isn’t good for the millions of Atlasians who elected us to look out for them and their needs. It turns Atlasia into a partisan cesspool in which point-scoring matters more than the truth; in which owning the libs or smashing the cons matters more than human lives. That’s not the welcoming Atlasia we should want or deserve.

So we’ve always resisted and will continue to resist centralization of power – because we believe, as your motto says, that "Municipal Freedom Gives National Strength." We’ll push back against the development of a partisan arms race, which swallows up everything in its path and pushes aside your local needs and issues and nuances in favor of a monolithically partisan mindset that no sane, functioning Atlasian ought to emulate. Which is why, I can now add, I myself have tried to look past partisan differences and work with everyone regardless of party affiliation, and to be respectful of them and their very real strengths even if they don’t think they need to reciprocate. And we’ll continue to stand up for you all – to stand up for Somerville’s needs, for the issues that Bay Staters care about, for Atlasians of all stripes. Here to talk about her own efforts towards that end, her history with the community she led and her accomplishments in fighting for your state, please welcome your next state representative!
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #103 on: September 17, 2020, 10:06:15 PM »

Press Release for Deadprez in Los Angeles:
Representative Deadprez has been actively campaigning in Los Angeles on some key issues and two well known figures have decided to participate in a public forum this weekend. Glenn Greenwald and the controversial figure Edward Snowden! Both will join deadprez and a few local politicians through video stream where the topic of spying will be discussed. Stay tuned!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2020, 01:15:03 AM »

Winston-Salem Campaign Office Opening
This visit to the newly opened Winston-Salem HQ occurred with six feet social distancing being maintained and with overflow rooms set up using flat screens to broadcast the remarks and minimize staff in a single room. Masks are required by everyone in the venue and temperatures and symptoms are checked at the door.

I just want to express my gratitude at the sincere efforts that you, the staff and the volunteers are putting into this election and it is my fervent hope that your efforts will be reworded when the votes are cast. I am hopeful that the steps we are taking thus will meet the challenges that we face on this campaign trail and our aim is to ensure that you are provided with the resources as well to carry forth our message.

When it comes to carrying forth our message, a critical element and the third of four vital components to your efforts that I detailed in Wake Forest, is the act of persuading voters to embrace our message. We have a compelling message and while the other side prefers to mischaracterize, lie and rest on tired tropes with not the faintest basis in reality, we need to stick to what we do best, and that is Main Street.

We need to carry forth to the persuadable voters that ours is a main street focused party that will work to build up small business and pursue the policies necessary to put them finally on an equal footing with the large players. We need to illustrate our past support of legal equality under the law and our message of local control is about empowering people and the forms of government closes to the people. We need to be mindful of the need to oppose concentrating power and wealth not just on Wall Street, but also on Pennsylvania Avenue and the Federal Government as a whole. This is because of the insatiable urge on the left to solve all problems from on high, top down.

We also bring a message of fiscal responsibility, not tax cuts for multi-national conglomerates, but fiscal responsibility that pays for what it spends and puts on the path to not being dependent on foreign interests and creditors. The same applies to local projects and the state government's finances as well. When we do make changes to the tax code it should be to put our hard working families first, provide incentives for job creation and work to boost disposable income without harming small businesses.

When you put it all together, it is a strong message and there is much more that I could cover but I don't need to, you already know how strong our platform and message is on things like education, ensuring both rural and urban areas are taken care of and making sure that we can move forward together without the fear, mistrust and disunity and the inequity in policies regionally and between different local communities can often bring.

I want to thank you for all your efforts and if your need any resources or assistance or have concerns, don't hesitate to contact our national office.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2020, 01:25:49 AM »

Wilmington Campaign Office Opening
This visit to the newly opened Wilmington HQ occurred with six feet social distancing being maintained and with overflow rooms set up using flat screens to broadcast the remarks and minimize staff in a single room. Masks are required by everyone in the venue and temperatures and symptoms are checked at the door.

I want to extend my thanks as I always do those who come out in attendance for these events and it helps I feel to motivate the ground troops in preparation for effective turnout and grassroots efforts beyond just the baseless attack ads and high energy rallies. There are the thousands and millions of voters beyond that who need to be reached out to and contacted, this is especially hard in these challenging times, so we are providing the latest technology to assist you in turning out these voters.

In some cases there are going to be voters who have never voted before, who become inspired through your persuasion efforts, our national advertising efforts, or any number of other motivating factors to get involved in the political process for the first time. Our party has long stated its desire to be an open tent that is welcoming to both new and old faces ready to have strong leadership on the many core tenets of our party.

They may be tired of seeing centralization of authority and arbitrary governmental decision making and want a process that keeps things balanced and keeps things fair. They may be tired of seeing our finances squander our future potential and want to see a restoration of sanity and common sense, and avoid a future of dependence on he world's worst actors. A good number are probably concerned about our schools that are under serving our kids both college bound and non-college bound and want to see a set of reforms that provide opportunity for both, not leave one behind for the benefit of the other.

Part and parcel to that is the concern that some regions of this state have been given all of the rewards, while others have been left to fall by the wayside. It is important and a responsibility to have comprehensive policies that work to benefit all areas of this state, urban and rural and work to make sure that they are both in a good position to succeed. Agriculture is important to our state and so is high tech firms in the Research Triangle Park. We want all of them to succeed and our best means of doing that is by relying on small and funded infrastructure investment that brings people together and works to help them grow and prosper and thus avoid the divisions, distrust and cynicism that inevitably comes in the wake of one area doing well while another falls behind.

We need to strive for every effort to be able to get these new voters registered appropriately in time for deadlines and then once they have thus been registered, make sure we are getting them out to the polls. It can make a lot of difference in the final outcome and I want to thank you once again for your efforts in this and other regards and offer once again the full services of our national headquarters to assist you in this effort.

Thanks and have a blessed day.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2020, 01:47:35 AM »

Hempstead, NY
This speech was conducted to campaign for state level Federalist Candidates. With six feet social distancing being maintained and with overflow rooms set up using flat screens to broadcast the remarks and minimize staff in a single room. Masks are required by everyone in the venue and temperatures and symptoms are checked at the door.

I said once before that I wondered whether the other side was living on a different planet when they come up with some of their attacks. Clearly someone got the memo, but those with eyes to see and brains to think can draw the conclusion quite clear, yet it is still funny to see that they are embarrassed by their excess otherwise they wouldn't try to hide it from the people.

As the good people of New York are well aware by now, we as a party are committed to having state based prioritized agendas and we have released a forward looking plan for how to reform education and promote entrepreneurship, two vitally important areas for the future of the state's economic development, development that can and should work to promote growth and expansion in both the upstate and down state. When you focus on rebuilding main street, you realize that we don't need to be divided artificially, and we don't need the condescension, it is possible to grow and build an entire state, not just one area or one people within that state.

It is also important as we seek to preserve unity and build for the future to make sure that we are doing things responsibly with how the state is run. When the state sets out to achieve some objective, it should work as a partner with the local communities, not an overbearing and ever dominant force that disrupts and builds mistrust, but an engaged partner between state, county and city, such a partnership would be far stronger than what this state has been forced to contend with over the years and the missed opportunities that such a collaborative spirit would bring.

The other side brings nothing but pointless attacks, based off their own fantasy of how they wish their opposition was. We prefer to exist down to earth on main street, working and fighting for you, not phantoms of opposition that don't exist. Working to build better schools, a better economy, and a better state and local interaction, which is in our view the path to success.

When you go to the polls later this vote, remember to cast your ballots for the main street option, Vote Federalist!!!

Thanks and have a Blessed Evening!!!
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2020, 01:55:48 AM »
« Edited: September 20, 2020, 03:29:31 AM by Rep Jessica »

Private core supporters Campaign stop in Jackson Mississippi
---Private campaign stop for supporters of the far right of around 2,000 members----
"all covid precautions are being taken"

Hello to all my fellow Mississippians & federalist and today I stand before you to stand for freedom, liberty and justice! The left clearly wants to let the criminals win as it means power to them and we can't let them win. We need to stand by our police, fight wokeness at every turn and demand better from all sectors of our media, entertainment establishment and schools. It was a mistake for the right to give up on education and our media as we most certainly are paying the price in spades today as the left has effectively used these social tools to advance a very poisonous mindset that has brainwashed generations of our follow men and women. Friends, when I say brainwashed, I mean with the aim of brainwashing our children against stable families, brainwashing our daughters against their fathers and brainwashing our sons against the very law that allows atlasia to be a stable society and sadly implants an unending hatred for our national roots. Frankly it is disgusting. It should make any sane Atlasian loving indivual sick!

As your representative I am trying to stop the advance of this poison with bills to end racial critical theory within our schools that seek to teach our youth to hate themselves for the color of their skin and for the establishment of their wonderful nation. It is borderline treason what the left is doing and it must be stopped! We should be teaching our children the importance of education, two parent families and of hard work, but this idiocy seeks to label all these central elements of a sane and functioning society as evil. I was reading ladies and gents just a few weeks ago a poster on the national museum of natural history's web site literally ripping down hard work, two parent families and so much more haven to do with making this great nation successful and a shining light on this planet...Friends and alleys of the great federalist party I stand before you to tell you right now that we won't be ripping down anymore history, we won't be defunding our cops and we sure as hell won't be teaching our children to feel guilt over what occurred 200 years.

We believe in a vision of pride, self respect and of strength for the future of our great nation!. We believe in hard work, two parent families, and the best infrastructure on earth and a population that has pride in their nation and doesn't have to say that they're sorry. Sorry for what? For having great founders that had successful ideas that worked and passed on a great nation to their children. That isn't something to be sorry of!  Sorry, because we have a culture that promotes the concept of hard work that ends up creating plenty for all and a capitalist system that allows for the recreation of such through merit. We should be proud and lets cheer, Atlasia, Atlasia, Atlasia!!!!! God bless Alasia!!!!

Lastly, some of the other bills we're working on in this session is one for immigration reform that will end chain immigration and I hope to greatly reduce the number allowed in yearly. Lets be honest, WE let in too many people and that is lowering wages and destroying the very future for too many families!!! Atlasia first! I am going to be lowing taxes for small businesses, but working on ways to make outsourcers and the mega rich pay for their actions, very lastly will be fighting for more rights to own guns.  Basic constitutional rights that all citizens of our great nation shall have and shall never live without. We need to repeal all gun laws!

At the end of the day we need pro-Altlasia policies that install pride, strengthen families, and get people back to work.

God bless Atlasia and good night.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2020, 02:28:47 AM »

Campaign stop in Charleston, West Virginia

"all covid precautions are being taken"

Hello to all the great citizens of West Virginia and today I stand before you to stand for freedom, liberty and justice! We must stand by our cops that fight every single day for safe streets. We must stand for the law and for what is right and against what is wrong. My friends there really isn't any other choice worth fighting for! Lets be honest, The other choice is insanity. Next we must fight for values that are worth preserving like hard work, two parent families and love of country. One must be raised with self respect and a mindset to do better for their nation in order to preserve these values that we hold so dear to our hearts. With that said, we must have leadership that seeks to promote policies that enhance our economy with sane levels of taxes, fights to cut regulations, and pull people out of homelessness.

Some of the bills I am currently pushing this session are immigration reform that will end chain immigration and I hope to greatly reduce the number that we allow in yearly. Lets be honest, WE let in too many people and that is lowering wages and destroying the very future for too many families and frankly that is unacceptable!!! Atlasia first! I am going to be lowing taxes for small businesses and currently have two such bills ready to go, but it isn't going to be favorable to big mega corp as outsourcers and the mega rich will pay for their actions these past few decades, and very lastly I'll  be fighting for more rights to own guns.  Basic constitutional rights that all citizens of our great nation shall have and shall never live without. We need to repeal all gun laws!

At the end of the day we need pro-Altlasia policies that install pride, strengthen families, and get people back to work.

God bless Atlasia and good night.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2020, 02:42:42 AM »

[With the kind permission of its president Mr. Rover, the Massachusetts chapter of the Burkean Society hosted a masked and socially distanced meet-and-greet with local Federalist candidates on its premises in Shrewsbury. Representative Cao was invited to introduce the gubernatorial candidate with the speech reprinted below for public release, which like the others at the event was recorded and streamed online.]

Thank you for that, sir. And I’d like to thank you as well, Shrewsbury, for having us here. It really isn’t easy for anyone during this time and I commend you for your patience in letting us have a platform and listening to us. We’ll do our level best in listening to you as well – it is our job to do so, after all – so I’ll try to keep this short and sweet.

If there’s one thing I’ve fought for throughout my career thus far, it’s been transparency and openness in politics. I think – and certainly the Federalist Party thinks – that voters ought to be able to see clearly how the system works and be more active and effective in their rightful role as equal partners in the Atlasian system of government. I want to make sure you all get a chance to vote for the party you think is most beneficial to you and your community; not the one I think you ought to vote for, because it isn’t my job to think for you. And to do that properly you all need the facts. So we, the Federalist candidates gathered here and across Massachusetts and all around this great nation, have done our best to educate folks and to steer clear of propaganda and shock-jock ads and innumerable other tactics that would boost us politically but go indubitably against what we stand for as a party. That’s because we understand the responsibility that elected officials hold and the responsibility of speech that comes with being entrusted to represent and to lead our fellow citizens. And it isn’t just elected officials, who after all are only representative – you citizens have your own responsibilities in the public sphere as well.

We should be focused on good governance. We should be trying our best to improve people’s lives, to achieve equal justice under the law, to protect the Constitution and the liberties and rights enshrined in it. We absolutely should not do or say or implement things for the purpose of “owning” people or groups we don’t like. And we absolutely should not attack people indiscriminately and without basis. This kind of mentality is ridiculous and fundamentally incoherent and responsible for the very worrying national trend of “othering” people who we disagree with. We all live in one country and we’re all responsible for each other, no matter how tenuous those connections may seem. What kind of a failed state would we be if our every action in the political sphere was predicated on assuming the worst of others? What would we be coming to if we could simply make things up out of whole cloth and put them on the radio?

Politics runs on working with others, not alienating them. Contrary to recent statements from certain people, the Federalist Party has tried to do just that – to work and fight for all Atlasians, not just the ones who voted for us. (In fact, we’ve disappointed some partisans who thought we ought instead to contribute to the national mudfight by hurling insults and skewering nonexistent strawmen – what nonsense!) We’ve done just that in the House with an active slate of legislators who consistently work to improve the lives of communities and people across this nation and on all sides of the political spectrum. We’re doing just that with legislators here who have made public statements and plans and platforms aimed squarely at local needs and to build a better Massachusetts in education, in economic matters, in environmental planning, in healthcare, and much more. And we will do just that if you put your trust in us and the results we’ve consistently produced at all levels of government.

So, folks, I ask you to consider carefully this form of political discourse when it arrives on your doorstep, as it most assuredly will again. I ask you to look at it and critically appraise it and see it for what it is. And I ask you, Massachusetts, to make your decision in the coming election based on the facts – not the products of fevered imaginations. Meanwhile, we’ll continue doing our best to make the case for the Federalists. Here to do just that is someone you’re all familiar with: please welcome a card-carrying member of your very own Burkean Society, a pillar of the state’s affairs, and the next Governor of Massachusetts!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2020, 08:32:42 PM »

Location of Speech : Will be virtual through zoom

Hello friends , as you may know that in the state of New York we have been particularly hard hit economically by this pandemic, and while we do need to do all we can to make sure things don’t get worse we also need to start to talk about how we can rebuild our state economically to . In my opinion the best way we can do so is by incentiving corporations  to hire New Yorkers all across our state . Now there are many different solutions that have been proposed but the best idea in my opinion is to create a tax credit which corporations can receive for hiring New Yorkers .

How this tax credit will work is first corporations must be required to hire at least 100 New Yorkers in the state with an salary of $40,000 a year so not only do people get hired but they can receive a livable wage as well . Second we will ask that 20 percent of all new jobs be of people outside the New York City metro area as we need to rebuild our state economically not just in the main metro area but every area in the state as well . Over the past few decades we have neglected these people and it is critical that we don’t anymore because every New Yorker no matter where they lives deserves a better economic future . How this tax credit would be calculated is simple , so first we will calculate a % Where you receive a subsequent percentage for each 100 New Yorkers you hire and by continuing to meet the 20% criteria and both criteria must be met for moving from say two to three percent . Then once that percentage is calculated we will multiply that by the corporation tax liability to calculate their tax credit .

While there are other solutions that could work to help us recover from this COVID  recession  such as tax  cuts , or new spending my belief is we need to face this problem head on in order to solve it which is exactly what this credit does . Thank you for all coming here and have a nice rest of your day
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2020, 01:59:17 AM »

[On a personal request from a promising state Senate candidate in southeastern Iowa (a local pizzeria owner and family friend), Representative Cao made a stop in Keokuk to join the candidate for a fundraising session and, later, an outdoor (masked and socially distanced) meet-and-greet, where he gave the short speech reprinted below.]

Good afternoon, Keokuk! I’ve just been back in my home state for constituent services and to catch up with my community, and just thought I’d hop across the river to see you all as well. Living in a border state can be irritating at times, what with being far removed from federal and regional capitals where a lot of the decisions are made, but I think something we hold in common is a perspective on life and society and the government that only Middle America enjoys.

Here at the regional tripoint, where Frémont, Lincoln, and the South face each other across the Mississippi, we’re reminded of the lasting impact of our forebears in shaping the country and of the impact even the smallest actions of ours today could have on future generations. It compels us to think about our role in the present and what we can do to best shape our impact, and it brings to mind Edmund Burke’s thoughts on society as a contract with the future and the past. That should in turn guide our general approach to all forms of governance: to preserve what has worked in the past; to implement policies that can be carried forward into the future for our children and children’s children to have a better nation; and, here in the present, to serve the people of Atlasia rather than ephemeral special interests that rarely have what’s best for the nation at heart. It is a naturally conservative viewpoint, one that seeks – like Iowa – to work hard for our futures and to enjoy the fruits of our labor, to harbor a natural inclination to stick to the road that has served us well but not be averse to taking the road less traveled by when such measures are called for.

And more than that, out here at the mutual boondocks of the three regions, away from the bustle of federal government, this point serves as a physical reminder that the state cannot solve anything without the citizens which it represents having a say in their decision. Moreover, while the state should ideally be dependent on its citizens, the converse is not true. There exist many local problems which are out of the province of the federal government and which the good people of the affected community can solve while Nyman is still getting its boots on. So this ought also to inform us what our regions are capable of doing – what they can do, as your very capable Frémont Council has amply demonstrated this session, as our capable Southern neighbors have also shown, and as we in Lincoln can aspire to. It ought to remind us of the enormous opportunity afforded by the regional level – this fundamentally federalist and Federalist part of our system of government.

The more general recognition out here that politics is never the be-all end-all some people think it is, in spite of the very real effects it has on all corners of society, also ties into a past admonition by John Adams regarding the obligations of the citizen. The good people I’ve met here understand that the citizen’s obligation in this society does not exclude life outside of the political process, and in fact welcomes such. A robust democracy requires you to be politically engaged, yes, but just as important is how you engage politically: the fabric of our system of government is built on the understanding that citizens have a social compact within which they do their best to live up to the morality, regardless of religion, which Adams envisioned in our society. Human passions, which can run high at times in the partisan sphere, certainly exist. But politics is not built to force us to be good and moral citizens – it depends on our good and moral citizenship for the system to work.

So, Keokuk, I’m here today not strictly on a partisan mission, but more of a civic one – though I don’t doubt that you good citizens have already anticipated it. I think all of us here recognize the basic terms of what it means to be a citizen. Our government recognizes and defends fundamental liberties, and the individual needs to exercise that liberty virtuously. I hope you all, in the few days remaining before polls open, can do the best you can with the rights and the liberties awarded to you under the Constitution – to make the best decision you can for your families and communities with your vote. And if the party that, in your estimation, does the best at protecting these values and standing up for these rights happens to be the Federalist Party – well, thanks are in order. But it is entirely up to your good judgement. Make it count. Thank you and Dave bless.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2020, 08:14:14 PM »

72 Hour GOTV Effort

This is the launching of a ground game operations in all contested areas for the assistance of the Federalist Party candidates for state and local office. This communication took place in the form of a zoom call with local and start party chairs in the contested areas.

Federalist volunteers and staff working at campaign offices in all of the contested races, have been issued with smart phones and an app that will provide them with a list of voters in their precinct, this app has been fully tested with groups of various sizes based out of our Nyman offices. Any technical issues should be reported to the field offices and Nyman headquarters immediately where we have a team of technicians who will work to restore functionality should any break downs occur.

Options for contact-less GOTV and transportation of voters to the polls has been established and our digital team is working to ensure that we get as many of these voters contacted and to the polls in the coming three days and to make sure that such is done with the utmost safety. Any concerns related to breach of Covid procedures should be reported to the Nyman office immediately.

We wish to thank our staff and volunteers for their tireless efforts over the past few weeks and I want to also speak to them as well as our campaign surrogates that we have put fourth a great effort this time and we should cap it off with a solid end to the last three weeks plus of campaigning.

Thank You and Have a Blessed Evening!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2020, 08:27:57 PM »

Jacksonville, NC

Good Evening Folks!

I just wanted to stop by and talk to you a little night about fiscal responsibility. Since this seems to be the topic of the hour, I felt compelled to come here and speak a little bit about this topic. For one thing while I applaud the work of our Federalist colleagues in the CoD, to help our families in touch times and help with the costs of raising families, there has to be equal consideration for the costs during these challenging times of raising taxes, but yet at the same time it is worth while to be appreciative of an effort to place a reasponsible consideration to pairing up expenses with the cost and the necessary funding to pass them in a given bill.

I am a big fan of paygo and this is a critical policy to ensuring that unfunded bills don't get passed into law. A region cannot print money and the interest costs on massive debt could over time swallow a regional budget, much less a state one. Therefore it is imperative that people who are elected will not consider too lightly the costs of unfunded proposals and add to the debt burden of the state. That we elect a state government that will respect paygo and make sure that that the costs are covered.

I have urged the members of the CoD to continue debate and to respect the win duties and responsibilities of minimizing tax burden and also avoiding debt, while still pursuing and adopting policies that help our our struggling children and their families. Contrary to what some people may tell you the Federalist Party, understands and respects this balance. It starts by ensuring that paygo is instituted where it is not and maintained where it is. It then continues with making tough choices to either fund proposals, or avoid a proposal if it is not funded.

While many proposals can often be great in the short term and on the surface, an unfunded program is a tax on the future and it is also paying a premium ( the interest on the debt) for every dollar of expense incurred, making the proposal that much more costly. Some times governments have to spend money be it for protection, or to give struggling families a fair shake, but there can be no greater irresponsibility then throwing it on the credit card. Debt comes as its own tax both in terms of higher taxes to fund interest payments and down the road cuts to education and other priorities. As I often say the path to avoiding crippling austerity in the future, is fiscal solvency now. Fiscal responsibility is thus necessary for a main street prioritization.

The Federalist Party understands fiscal responsibility and it understands the main street priorities that it enables, and regardless of what one new member who I respect greatly has supported in a chamber, our party's legacy on minimizing spending and avoiding the large tax hikes that fiscal irresponsibility necessarily requires stands tall.

I encourage you all to come out and vote for main street federalists this weekend.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2020, 08:47:29 PM »

Quincy, Massachusetts

This Speech campaigning for Federalist Party candidates was conducted with masks required. The size was limited of those in attendance with likewise limited and six feet social distanced satellite locations with digital displays setup. Temperatures were checked at the door and people were also checked for obvious symptoms.

I am glad to be back in Massachusetts, and this general area is of very great importance to the Federalist Party. While many are use to us disclaiming connection to the 18th century Federalist Party and with good reason seeing as how we rejected sectionalism, secession and treason obviously, it should be noted that the very early Federalist Party when it included the likes of even James Madison. The Federalist Party of the Federalist Papers and such forth is one that we would certainly respect and admire some of the contributions to our legal and structure systems.

Naturally our party is committed to a balance of power between the regions and the federal government and while back then there was no large government and threat of centralized encroachment like today, there was very much reason to fear the anarchy, mobs, pirates and criminals that had free reign in the powerless state the existed prior to. They found it necessary to move the needle towards a more powerful central government to rectify those concerns, but now the biggest threat isn't too little government from Nyman, now the threat is far too much.

It is an important dichotomy and not a contradiction to be made here and I think someone like James Madison or even John Adams would approve of the transition based on the contemporary concerns. Obviously there is still a need for domestic security, but at the same time a need for a respect for civil and constitutional liberty that has at times been impeded by government action and other times allowed to be passively trampled underfoot. The agents of government where they do remain necessary should strive to protect and defend both security and civil liberties and not set the two up at cross purposes. Doing this can only yield counterproductive and negative results naturally. Furthermore, we face the growing threat of large international firms engaging in spying on citizens without oversight or restraint, some times possibly with the assent and even request of governments both here and abroad.

While it is important to resist the effort to centralize government in the highest authority possible and move it furthest away from the people, we understand that this must not be allowed to continue. On the other hand where the civil, constitution and natural rights and liberties are being infringed, the Bill of Rights should be protected and held firm. This is the only way to properly respect the balance of authority in our system and also build a system based on mutual trust and cooperation, moving away from the current discontent that so often see being exploited by extremists and schemers manipulating on the fringe to become relevant.

I tend to think that I do know something about how to thwart and defeat radicalism and the answer lies not just in the up front opposition to the radical movements, but identifying the threads, the ropes that they are grabbing onto and hoping to use to climb off of the fringe, the ragged edge and instead become mainstream operators. To cut these off, it is thus necessary for us to remove those sources of discontent, many of which exists not because of our system itself but because the system is not living up to its promises, be it on freedom or civil liberties or what have you.

The Federalist understand the importance of this balance of freedom and liberty with security and we believe that it is critical to empowering Main Street. I urge you to thus come out and cast your ballots for the main street Federalist option this weekend.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2020, 09:38:11 PM »

Stockbridge, Massachusetts
This speech campaigning for Federalist candidates for state office was conducted in front of a small audience, but was distributed through various online social media platforms. For those who were in attendance, masks were required of course and temperatures and symptoms were checked at the door. Six feet social distancing was maintained inside the venue as well for the event.

For some people, they may be inclined to think that when I visit a place such as this high up in the Berkshire mountains, that I am thus returning to something of an ancestral homeland. While I don't have any known ancestral links to this area, I must say that I do sense something of a home away from home in places such as this and it serves as a reminder that there is more to any state than its largest cities and it is places like these that I enjoy getting know over time.

For those of you who keep your Civil War calendars handy, today is September 22nd, which is the day that the Emancipation Proclamation was issued by President Abraham Lincoln. While this was not the complete resolution and end to the most horrible of institutions, that of slavery in this land, it nevertheless was an important milestone in the road to abolition of slavery in this country and for that we should honor that accomplishment even while acknowledging its limits and imperfections paving the way for and necessitating the later amendment to address those deficiencies.

Of course Stockbridge has a great connection to the abolition movement as it was the political base for 18th century politician Theodore Sedgwick. Sedgwick's contribution was bringing one of the critical "freedom" cases before the courts that would together eventually bring about the end of slavery in the state. While this case was not the decisive one, it did recognize the freedom held naturally under the constitution by Elizabeth Freeman and it was later upheld on appeal. This was followed by other cases and soon Massachusetts declared what we all should take for granted today, that "all people are born free and equal with certain natural and inalienable rights".

We should celebrate these accomplishments even as we recognize the importance of the need to change the fact that as humans, everything we do is subject to imperfection, and thus while the starting intent was good and noble there were instances as such where we did not live up to our own lofty expectations and those instances we need to be honest about the mistakes and work to correct the system to ensure that natural, civil and constitution rights are protected without question and to ensure that they are done so equally, as this is the only basis for a stable and free society.

At the same time, and as we Federalists are also quick to point out, we should thus always be mindful of the fact that the judiciary is very vital to the protection those rights and liberties. While the history books love to focus on the biggest failure of that system in the lead up to the Civil War as most horrendously exemplified by the tragic Dred Scott ruling, we must recognize that it was not always like this and these unfortunate rulings were thus the results of both corrupting of the independence of the judiciary and also the perversion of law for the sake of material and sectional interests.

However prior to this ruling, there were several such rulings in which the natural state of freedom to which all people are born was indeed recognized as such by the courts and the courts were thus at the vanguard of correcting for an excess of the democratic process whereby the laws of biased people and a biased majority violated the freedoms and liberties of an individual person. It is thus necessary to have the course be legitimate, independent of political calculation, immune to the partisan and sectional strife of the day and devoted protectors of the Bill Rights, and the liberties that it enshrines.

At the same time it is a lesson for the would be opponents of radical movements, extremists and those would wish to descend our system into violence. While it is important to oppose said groups face to face and to resist the inequity that arise naturally in submission to them, it is thus vital at the same time to recognize the imperfections as they arise and correct them, not to undermine our founding principles, but to more fully extend the promise and protections that are the principles that under guard both our founding and continued existence. It is by doing this that you thus avoid the legitimizing pull of the unanswered cry for help that every extremists yearns for, as that is the opportunity they will latch onto to enter the main stream of politics and bring about the havoc and chaos they desire.

It is important to maintain and independent judiciary that is thus able to carry out its objectives and interpret laws for the protection of rights, liberties and constitutional protections and this it must be able to do even when it is unpopular to do so. It is thus necessary for the court at times to act against the majoritarian view, yet at the same time respect the majority when it comes to areas of standard political practice and thus avoid judicial overreach. This is indeed a fine line that must be treated, but it is necessary for the court to maintain its legitimacy and respect, just as much as it is to maintain its independence and thus be able to protect civil liberties and constitutional freedoms. The Federalist Party is committed to striking this balance.

It is important likewise to reform deficiencies in our system to make our system better achieve its intended purposes. This would mean opposing reforms that degrade the ability of our system of checks and balances, but making sure that reforms that better make the carrying our of given institution's purpose not only wise but absolutely necessary. The Federalist Party is committed to our system of checks and balances and understands the importance of resisting the majoritarian impulse to infringe on the rights and liberties of the people.

It also means respecting the bill of rights for everyone equally and working to correct deficiencies there as well. The Federalist Party is committed to protecting and extending the bill of rights to ensure that the natural derived freedoms, liberties and rights are not trampled upon by government especially but also by other actors operating in the name of said governments or with their consent.

I thus urge the great people of this state when you go out to the polls, to remember to vote for the Main Street Party, the Federalists. I want to extend my thanks for your attendance also my wish for you to have a blessed evening! Thanks!
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #116 on: September 23, 2020, 11:22:14 PM »

Glenn Greenwald and Edward Snowden arrive in Los Angeles

Roaring crowd of conservatives, civil libertarians, and progressives clap for both speakers.

Part 1: Snowden

Hello all. Thank you for the opportunity to give my speech via skype. I'd like to thank Deadprez and the local conservatives/libertarians running for office for this opportunity. It's really important to talk about privacy and how government can often overstep its authority in the name of security. Historically, government has spied on many important figures. MLK, Malcolm X, even other government officials globally. This gross abuse of power is something that should never be ignored. Many people think government will never spy on them, believing their irrelevance or lack of importance would never cause the issue of privacy to ever be a concern. That's the worst way to look at it. You can always be a target. My work exposing the government's illegal ability to spy showed me even the most random individual has something to fear and worry about. That's why it's important for Atlasia to elect and support candidates who understand this issue and how it ties to government.

Crowd claps

Deadprez: Thank you for your speech. I know you don't have much time, but the local candidates decided to tell their constituents to ask you and Glenn some questions and they've provided a few.

Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #117 on: September 25, 2020, 12:21:06 AM »

[Representative Cao and former Lincoln Councillor thr33 made a stop in Syracuse to help out state House and state Senate candidates across upstate New York with a joint rally at which several speakers highlighted policies proposed by the New York Federalists. The event was livestreamed, masks were worn by all in attendance, and six-foot social distancing was in effect.]

Hello, Syracuse! Thanks for having us here today. If we could get a mic check here— yes, thank you, that’d be great. Right. I may be wearing a mask and my voice may be a little muffled, but it is most certainly worth the minuscule inconvenience if we can all continue to protect each other from this virus. And so I’m heartened to see you all similarly masked up and continuing to sit six feet apart – it’s the little things we can all do that ultimately prove to be the most effective.

That goes for many other things in our daily lives, several of which are even intimately connected with COVID-19. You know, past leaders and administrations have feared events like these that touch every aspect of our lives – our physical and mental health, our livelihoods and economic prospects, our kids’ education, our social fabric, the cohesion of our families and communities – because nobody wants to face so many problems on so many fronts. This becomes an administrative and logistical nightmare for people who believe in the expansive role of the federal government. And there is no doubt about the onslaught we’re facing now: the nation’s public health crisis grinding our social lives to a standstill, in turn sending the economy into a freefall, which loops back to produce ever more deleterious impacts on our familial and social and educational institutions. It has been hell for governments all over the world to deal with, even those whose populations are a tiny fraction of New York’s. But this is Atlasia, a nation founded on an exceptional hope, and it doesn’t have to be this way.

We are in the midst of one of the most far-reaching crises this country has ever seen. Historically, such times have been opportunities to centralize power to the benefit of power players in the federal government and to the loss of communities all across Atlasia. So some of us here remain wary of anything the federal government does during this time, and with good reason. But shouldn’t that be even more of a reason for us all to step up? Our lives are the ones being tossed about and drifting on the turbulent gust of unhealthily foul-smelling air that is 2020. It affects us, our families, and our communities in ways that can’t be adequately understood or comprehended by bureaucrats hundreds of miles away. And if you can’t fully understand a problem, or (to be more accurate) all the millions of different problems being encountered by average Atlasians in their home, at the bank, at school and at work, at this very moment: how can you get a solution that can fully solve it?

But we can understand it – and we can articulate it. We can stand up and exercise our right to free speech and to a just and democratic society; not to satisfy destructive instincts and further poison the public discourse, which goodness knows is bad enough already, but to be constructive. To take the measure of ourselves and our communities, the problems therein, and solutions that could work for us. Every community has its own needs and problems that won’t be solved by a one-size-fits-all solution imposed from the top. And if you don’t trust the federal government to do what’s best for your community, then it falls to you to inform them of what could actually work. It falls on all of us to do that if we want a better future for this country and for our fellow citizens. Partisan considerations be damned – what are the needs of your community, of your family, of the single mom next door, of the homeless man across the street? What can we do, at all levels of government from President to dogcatcher, to help them get through this and get the people into secure positions and get this nation back up and running again? Your elected representatives and leaders are where they are because you elected them to represent you and to lead. That is exactly what we need to be doing now. But as I said, there’s only so much we can do without your input; the citizen’s responsibility remains, and these past few months I’ve seen it in action across the country – we aren’t simply leaving the old and weak out to dry, and we aren’t putting economic considerations ahead of human lives. And I seem to see you good citizens’ input in all of this. Because this is Atlasia, and we don’t leave our own behind.

I’ve gone on long enough. So all of this is just words, but we Federalists are nothing if not prepared to back up our words with actions. We’ve seen and heard from citizens eager to help their families and communities not just here in Syracuse, not just in the great state of New York, but all across this nation. We’ve tried our best to tailor our policies to local needs, and I’m here tonight with a small selection of the results to be presented by an upstanding leader, a former Councillor and still a fighter for the region of Lincoln. Please give your warmest welcome to thr33!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #118 on: September 25, 2020, 02:54:37 AM »

Rochester, New York
This speech campaigning for Federalist candidates for state office was conducted in front of a small audience, but was distributed through various online social media platforms. For those who were in attendance, masks were required of course and temperatures and symptoms were checked at the door. Six feet social distancing was maintained inside the venue as well for the event.

Good Evening Rochester!!!

I wanted to stop by and pay you guys a visit. As I am sure many of your are aware there is an important election this weekend and I need you to be strong for us this weekend so that we can deliver the results that we have talked about over the course of this campaign. It has been our objective to inspire and engage people in a spirited campaign based on the issues, and with the strong leadership of OSR, BG-NY, and the People's Speaker, Joseph Cao, it is my belief that the Federalist effort in New York has been superb this cycle and I hope that it will serve as a model for future campaigns.

When it comes to education, the level of detail and breadth of the reforms proposed seeking to make our schools more effective, seeking to make sure they work for everyone, and doing so with an eye towards the future and the ability of people to get ahead, to succeed and to prosper. Education is not a magic bullet to wealth, but it is a critical element to the success of the next generation and if we want New York upstate and down state to succeed and grow, we need an education system that will work towards those objective.

Of course to put those skills and talents to work, we need a strong spirit of entrepreneurship and this has been a core element as well from the beginning. This includes tax policies that reward, not penalize the small business owner and also ensure that they have the best chance possible to succeed. It has been well established that most new jobs, especially good paying ones, are created by new and small firms and this makes sense when you think about it, because preexisting entities prioritize making their models more efficient and this trends towards job elimination.

Our plans have also touched extensively on how to cope with, work around and get past our present public health crisis, the Covid 19 epidemic. I asked from the beginning that we seek to respect the urgency of this crisis in all our event's from an organization standpoint, but I want to say how proud I am of our New York team for going the next step and incorporating concrete proposals in our education and employment plans.

An issue that rarely if ever gets enough discussion is mental health. It is a difficult issue to discuss and furthermore, a lot of people are uncomfortable talking about, making it difficult to achieve engagement and ultimately working towards positive outcomes via policy changes. Here again, the NY Federalist Party has demonstrated the level of appreciation, by takling the mental health aspect of the Covid pandemic. While this is only a small piece of the much larger issues at play, the core aspects of dealing with isolation and dealing with the despair that comes in hard times will apply regardless of the direct cause and hopefully lay a ground work for further action on issues of mental health taking the lessons learned from the Covid pandemic and using them to a generalized and comprehensive approach to mental health.

A critical component to being able to get all of this done is the ability to have a productive collaboration between the state Government in Albany and the local, city and county level governments. In the past many times we have a seen a leadership built off of dictation and abuse from above, and now with a main street Federalist Government in Albany, it will be our approach to respect local leaders and build trust with them and then with that trust in place, we will be better able to tackle a number of issues facing the state like education and job creation/economic development.

This weekend, I encourage you to come out and cast your ballots for a Main Street Federalist Government in Albany. Your vote can make a difference, so if you want an education system that works, a tax policy that helps small business, integrated covid responses and a productive collaboration between state and local government, then be sure to come out and cast your ballots for the main street federalists this weekend.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #119 on: September 25, 2020, 05:45:35 PM »

Whistle Stop Tour: Sioux City, Iowa
This event is to campaign for state Federalist Candidates for office. All covid precautions were taken.

Hello NW Iowa,

I am glad to be here and tonight I want to express why you should come out this weekend and vote for the Federalist Candidates for state elections here in Iowa. There is the fact that the Federalist Party believes in constitutional liberty and the constitutional restraints that protect this liberty. There is of course the belief in fiscal responsibility and the importance of obtaining fiscal solvency. The family is the issue there I most want to focus on in this campaign stop.

The family is a critical to the success of the economy and it is impossible to have broad based growth and prosperity long term without the success of the family at its foundation to ensure that the best support network for people is there.

I will of course say beyond the economy in general the education issue intersects with the family as strong families can help facilitate the educational process and facilitate the hard work of our educators and our teachers.

Beyond that it must be remember that it is one thing to push policies to help families get ahead in difficult times and it is quite another to spout empty talking points in a manner designed to be divisive or even offensive. Doing the latter only serves to hamper not facilitate pro-family policies. We need to change our policies to ensure our tax code doesn't harm families, help and promote entrepreneur ship and most important we need to make sure that when govt is intervening that it's policies don't disproportionately work to destroy families in communities that are already struggling.

I urge you to get out and vote this weekend for Federalist Party candidates for state govt. Thanks and have a blessed evening.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #120 on: September 25, 2020, 06:01:22 PM »

Whistle Stop Tour 2 West Des Moines, Iowa.

This event was held to campaign for state and local candidates for office. All covid precautions were taken during this event.

Hello Central Iowa,

I talkedd just a little while ago in Sioux City about the importance of the family and the need to have policies that help families get ahead. While this a critical objective and one the needs to be pursued with urgency and purpose, there must be consideration to the need for fiscal responsibility.

I have often said that the best way to avoid austerity in the future is to have solvency now. I have also been clear about why there are problems with relying on deficits not mattering and the consequences for us when this chickens come home to roost on this matter. Part and parcel to this is the danger to social security since it is impossible to maintain the trust fund's solvency if the whole treasury is insolvent.

The answer to this to ensure that while pursue our important priorities that we make sure that these prioritues are funded. We need to be mindful that both debt and higher taxes function similarly in terms of hitting people on main street with the major difference being the one taxes now, the other taxes in the future.

The Federalist Party is committed to ensuring solvency is maintained and they will be reliable guardians of your tax dollars in state government. The Federalist Party will look out for you and your interests, so cast your ballots for the Federalist Party this weekend.

Thanks and have a blessed evening!

West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: September 25, 2020, 06:38:07 PM »

Rallies will be socially distanced with masks mandatory. Masks will be handed out at the door for those without. Temperature checks will be taken upon entry.

Rally in Charlotte, NC

Our great region and even our home state of North Carolina are so diverse. Our state varies from its Blue Ridge Mountains to the forests, farmland, and towns of the Piedmont, to the cities of Charlotte and the Triangle to our lovely beaches and the Outer Banks. Every part of our state, and of our region is as diverse as our great country. This is why local government should be empowered and state government too. Regional government must be empowered to the same degree as the federal government because each region is different from our other regions. The South has a unique tradition but we are all Atlasians first. Since each region has differing interests, they should have a substantial degree of control over their own laws. Beyond the regions, each state and community has different values, industries, etc. Uniform, one-size-solutions are bound to not do enough in some areas and to go to excess in others. Waste is inevitable with federal solutions.

If you agree with me, please vote for your local and state Federalist candidates.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: September 25, 2020, 07:33:04 PM »

Rally in Greenville, NC (Event took place yesterday)
Our party, the Federalist party, strongly supports business, innovation, and economic development. We completely support economic success and opportunity.

I support eliminating corporate loopholes and taxing outsourcing. I believe we should protect Atlasian jobs. I, as many in our party, believe that corporate taxes should exist but should be set at a reasonable rate—high enough to contribute to reducing our serious national debt but not so high as to disincentivize business, money-making, and innovation.

I think the minimum wage should be left up to the regions, states, and cities because the cost of living is radically higher in some cities and states as opposed to other parts of our country. If we enact a dramatically high minimum wage, I believe we come to the problem of inducing inflation—driving up the cost of living—in our rural areas.

Any minimum wage increase should very probably exclude small businesses, in my opinion. What we do not want to do is to disincentivize mom-and-pop shops. Corporations often operate on thin margins too but when mom and pop own a single store or two, minimum wage increases can end their business. As I have said before if someone has the means to start a business and a good idea, unnecessary legislating and red-tape shouldn’t keep them from doing that. Some regulations exist to protect consumers and others exist merely to confuse and to flex the might of big government. We need some new laws, yes, but we should also focus on removing bad ones, unnecessary ones, with regard to regulating business and in general.

As you all know, something regarding cutting red tape that I am a major proponent of is allowing pharmacists to prescribe medicine. Even if only for some or most medications, I believe this is a good step for us to take. If you agree with me, and with us, for business and against overregulation, I strongly encourage you to vote for your local Federalists.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: September 25, 2020, 08:11:21 PM »

Rally in Wilmington, NC (Event took place yesterday)

I strongly support capitalism. Our party, the Federalist Party, strongly supports capitalism. We support this great economic system because consumer choice is king. Consumers should be able to decide what they value most when they buy: "Do the producers of this product share my values? Do they test on animals? Does this product contain GMOs?" If a consumer cares more about value than other factors such as those that I listed, then he should be able to make that choice at the grocery store, at the Walmart, at the Target, etc, etc, etc.

An absence of freedom is an absence of choice in products—what I am talking about is in Cuba, for example, where everything is the same, no brands at all. It's no choice, the state is king, not the consumer and not people at-large.

I believe in a free market, by and large—a mixed-economy. Our economy should be mostly private, though. I do believe the federal government should provide a basic safety net for our poorest, our elderly, and our disabled. However, I do not believe in Universal Basic Income, Single-Payer healthcare, etc. The state should not control the energy industry, the entire healthcare industry, etc. I support our public option but not eliminating consumer choice.

I believe that monopolies are harmful to consumers and for competition. Monopolies can dictate prices so they have no incentive not to drive them up and up. Government should step in only in cases of very large potential mergers, however. I think many business mergers, especially among smaller businesses and corporations are perfectly natural and I strongly believe that we should not break up big tech.

If you strongly believe in freedom and in capitalism, vote for your Federalist slate of candidates in the upcoming election.

Rally in Concord, NC

I strongly believe that social media companies should not regulate what they believe is true and false because this will always be subject to personal opinion. I will always support free speech so long as that speech does not directly encourage violence; however, these companies are free to do as they want to because they are private entities.

If you believe in free speech and freedom of bussiness from government encroachment, I encourage you to vote for your local Federalist candidates.

Rally in Taylorsville, NC

I don't fly the flag, myself, but I have no problem with it. I don't agree with NASCAR's banning of the Confederate flag. I can understand it, though. They want to be PC. I don't agree with getting rid of Uncle Ben's or Aunt Jemima's either. I saw a video on the news the other day that the family of the woman who was the likeness for Aunt Jemima is opposed to replacing the product.

As private businesses, however, they should be able to do these things though I certainly don't agree with them.

If you believe in freedom of speech, in the real issues above political correctness, then I encourage you to vote Federalist.

I support real equality, so I oppose affirmative action and of course, I oppose reparations. These stances are my own and not my party's but our party is the home of cultural conservatism in Atlasia.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2020, 08:33:58 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2020, 09:56:46 PM by West_Midlander »

Rally in Charleston, WV (Event took place on 9/23)

It's great to be in beautiful West Virginia!

When our founders created this great country of ours, before our refounding as Atlasia, we first started out with a failed Articles of Confederation—we know now that there are some necessary powers that the federal government needs to be effective, to defend this amazing country properly, and to effectively provide a basic social safety net for our most vulnerable.

We know too, that federalism is important. Our regions, in particular, and our states and counties need certain powers reserved for them. We do this by recognizing that fundamentally, central government does not "know best" and cannot fix all. Most problems can be better solved at lower levels of government: the regional, state, and local.

Our founders produced a uniquely Atlasian position for government and that was federalism. I believe federalism, and not being constrained by a sometimes-wrong federal government has led us to become the greatest, richest, freest, and most amazing country that God ever created. Federalism still has its place in protecting the Atlasian dream, in preserving freedom, life, and the right to bear arms. Alexander Hamilton wrote that militias were meant to defend the people from tyranny and that an absolute right to bear arms was meant to protect us from tyranny also.

If you agree with me about federalism and defending our rights, then vote for your local and state Federalist candidates.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies