Opinion of McGirt v. Oklahoma
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:35:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  Opinion of McGirt v. Oklahoma
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: This is a...
Freedom Decision

Horrible Decision

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: Opinion of McGirt v. Oklahoma  (Read 653 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 09, 2020, 01:21:59 PM »

https://t.co/6sChmA5Ug4
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 03:22:51 PM »

Federal government can still prosecute, so I don't have a problem with this.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 10:00:32 AM »

I wish the prosecution hadn’t been arguing for a convicted sex offender, but it seems like it was the right decision. Makes my opinion of Neil Gorsuch go up.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2020, 11:11:02 AM »

I wish the prosecution hadn’t been arguing for a convicted sex offender, but it seems like it was the right decision. Makes my opinion of Neil Gorsuch go up.
In Sharp v. Murphy, the prosecution argued for a convicted murderer. Kavanaugh and Roberts joined the liberals in a 6-2 ruling.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2020, 11:27:10 AM »

In Sharp v. Murphy, the prosecution argued for a convicted murderer. Kavanaugh and Roberts joined the liberals in a 6-2 ruling.

Why do you say that as if it's some mind-blowing circumstance & not just a consequence of the fact that, though they didn't agree with the decision in McGirt, they know better than to enable the potential occurrence of a literal same-day Supreme Court jurisprudential split?
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2020, 11:29:13 AM »

“The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.”
- H. L. Mencken

Granted, I wouldn’t quite call it an issue of freedom in this case, but it still stands.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2020, 11:38:29 AM »

Why do you say that as if it's some mind-blowing circumstance & not just a consequence of the fact that, though they didn't agree with the decision in McGirt, they know better than to enable the potential occurrence of a literal same-day Supreme Court jurisprudential split?
Thomas and Alito beat a dead horse and dissented despite already losing. Shouldn’t the decision have been unanimous?
W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2020, 11:20:05 PM »

FD, McGirt is a HP.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies