TimTurner for CoD
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:14:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  TimTurner for CoD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: TimTurner for CoD  (Read 1711 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2021, 03:25:44 AM »

I thank everyone who supported, endorsed, and/or voted for me, either as a first preference or lower down. I am glad I won. I look forward to serving the people once again and working with newcomer Abdullah and others in the chamber, as well as our governor LouisvilleThunder, to further the cause of good governance in the region. Congratulations to all who won elected office, and thanks to all those who didn't for putting themselves up as alternatives and thus enhancing the range of voices the electorate could choose from.
Best of luck y'all.
Thank you once more. God bless the South.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2022, 12:31:37 AM »
« Edited: April 10, 2022, 12:35:36 AM by Southern Delegate Punxsutawney Phil »

[from an undisclosed location in Texas]
Southerners, Laborites, Atlasians, I speak to you with a sullen heart today, from my home state of Texas, part of the allegedly unfree "Trans-Mississippi".

It was decided back at the Constitutional Convention that our glorious past President, Adam Griffin, had a decisive role in leading and proceeded to win even many conservative votes in doing so, that Kansas was Southern soil. Kansas being in the South was reaffirmed in the most recent Constitution our great Atlasia has passed, and it is the position that I, a proud Laborite myself and a reliable voter for Labor-backed presidential candidates, have supported as Delegate. It is a position I have held for as long as I have had an opinion on the matter, and it's a position I make no apologies for, come hell or high water.

I have held a large amount of elected offices. I was the Labor Speaker of the region for years, I was Governor on two occasions and am the most recent Laborite to win a region-wide election. I won office time and time again, and am a fixture of Southern Labor.

If me, a party loyalist who has voted for basically every Labor-backed presidential candidate in every election, isn't completely safe from this president's whims, no one is. This Labor-backed president is turning on his own comrades. Mere minutes after I elect not to move against him domestically, I get put on an enemies list merely for holding onto my view, a view well within what is allowed from a Laborite in good standing, that it was fine that Kansas is Southern.

Hell, perhaps my crime was that I created an opinion poll that reflects how people actually voted. Mr. Calamity Blue created the poll, and it showed a 3-2 split in favor of the Southern government; Calamity Blue reset the poll, voted in it, then locked it. I felt this wasn't right. I felt that we needed a true register of the public view, so I created what was a much fairer register. In that poll, as of the time of this writing, people backed the Southern position 10 votes to 8. If creating such an opinion poll somehow suffices to justification to charge someone with sedition, I'm proud to be charged of sedition.

I liked President Oregon Blue Dog's overall job performance, until today. I was ignorant to his plans. I never thought he'd stoop this low. I expected too much from him. To quote another Labor-backed President, a very fine Fremonter who I am proud to count as a spiritual brother of mine: "You are killing the game. You are why people are leaving. You are killing the game. You are why people are leaving."

I cannot hope to surpass this great friend of mine in positively succinct writing, but I can let others know that I, as an Atlasian, Southerner, and Laborite, stand opposed to this presidential lawlessness. We the people elected OBD so that he would better this great republic. Instead he has became a net negative. He is dividing Fremonter against Lincolnite, Lincolnite against Southerner, and Southerner against Fremonter. He is dividing Atlasians, and it has to stop. He has purged wxtransit from his cabinet. Even party colleagues insinuate this is just a stupid waste of time derived from the President being bored.

If the President ever gets his hands on me, I will be proud to consider myself a political prisoner. Any and all colleagues and allies, part of or adjacent to the Labor organization who end up behind bars at his behest, are political prisoners, as are Atlasians of any party affiliation such targeted; and any Southerner, or any Fremonter or Lincolnite, who dies due to his actions, is a martyr of this madness. The President, if any deaths follow from his actions, for sure has blood on his hands.

I'd like to take this moment to thank Governor KaiserDave for his resolved actions in helping protect the safety of Lincoln and that fine region. I'm proud to sit in the same party as this man of immense resolve and leadership potential. KaiserDave is doing what he needs to do for the welfare of the same.

I'd also like to thank any responsible Fremontians for their role in helping Atlasian civil safety. I'd like to take the moment to thank everyone who has tried, however futily, to hold back the anarchy and defend law and order in Atlasia, using whatever is in their power. By this I mean elected officials who have behaved responsibly and honorably in this saga. I don't know all your names, but I would thank you for taking action when and where you can for sake of the people.

I regretfully have to call for the impeachment and removal from office of President Blue Dog. He seems not to have understood what makes this Republic great. He spares neither friend nor foe, Lincolnite, Fremonter, or Southerner. If he would go after me, then I don't see how he's supposed to be trusted.

I don't recall having many political enemies in my long political life, but for the time being, I must regard President Oregon Blue Dog as one of them, with great regret. Perhaps if/when this all subsides, we can be friends again. But I don't consider those who designate me enemies of the state as friends. A man like this will throw his friends under the bus, force party comrades into jail, and undermine the rule of law for sake of...possibly alleviating him being bored.

Try and get me, Mr. President. You probably can't lock all of us up. And if you do, then you deserve to be removed from office for gross abuse of power, even more so than before. The Senate will decide your fate. If you want to save your job, dail back everything - immediately.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2022, 04:26:09 AM »

[from an undisclosed location in Texas]
Southerners, Laborites, Atlasians, I speak to you with a sullen heart today, from my home state of Texas, part of the allegedly unfree "Trans-Mississippi".

It was decided back at the Constitutional Convention that our glorious past President, Adam Griffin, had a decisive role in leading and proceeded to win even many conservative votes in doing so, that Kansas was Southern soil. Kansas being in the South was reaffirmed in the most recent Constitution our great Atlasia has passed, and it is the position that I, a proud Laborite myself and a reliable voter for Labor-backed presidential candidates, have supported as Delegate. It is a position I have held for as long as I have had an opinion on the matter, and it's a position I make no apologies for, come hell or high water.

I have held a large amount of elected offices. I was the Labor Speaker of the region for years, I was Governor on two occasions and am the most recent Laborite to win a region-wide election. I won office time and time again, and am a fixture of Southern Labor.

If me, a party loyalist who has voted for basically every Labor-backed presidential candidate in every election, isn't completely safe from this president's whims, no one is. This Labor-backed president is turning on his own comrades. Mere minutes after I elect not to move against him domestically, I get put on an enemies list merely for holding onto my view, a view well within what is allowed from a Laborite in good standing, that it was fine that Kansas is Southern.

Hell, perhaps my crime was that I created an opinion poll that reflects how people actually voted. Mr. Calamity Blue created the poll, and it showed a 3-2 split in favor of the Southern government; Calamity Blue reset the poll, voted in it, then locked it. I felt this wasn't right. I felt that we needed a true register of the public view, so I created what was a much fairer register. In that poll, as of the time of this writing, people backed the Southern position 10 votes to 8. If creating such an opinion poll somehow suffices to justification to charge someone with sedition, I'm proud to be charged of sedition.

I liked President Oregon Blue Dog's overall job performance, until today. I was ignorant to his plans. I never thought he'd stoop this low. I expected too much from him. To quote another Labor-backed President, a very fine Fremonter who I am proud to count as a spiritual brother of mine: "You are killing the game. You are why people are leaving. You are killing the game. You are why people are leaving."

I cannot hope to surpass this great friend of mine in positively succinct writing, but I can let others know that I, as an Atlasian, Southerner, and Laborite, stand opposed to this presidential lawlessness. We the people elected OBD so that he would better this great republic. Instead he has became a net negative. He is dividing Fremonter against Lincolnite, Lincolnite against Southerner, and Southerner against Fremonter. He is dividing Atlasians, and it has to stop. He has purged wxtransit from his cabinet. Even party colleagues insinuate this is just a stupid waste of time derived from the President being bored.

If the President ever gets his hands on me, I will be proud to consider myself a political prisoner. Any and all colleagues and allies, part of or adjacent to the Labor organization who end up behind bars at his behest, are political prisoners, as are Atlasians of any party affiliation such targeted; and any Southerner, or any Fremonter or Lincolnite, who dies due to his actions, is a martyr of this madness. The President, if any deaths follow from his actions, for sure has blood on his hands.

I'd like to take this moment to thank Governor KaiserDave for his resolved actions in helping protect the safety of Lincoln and that fine region. I'm proud to sit in the same party as this man of immense resolve and leadership potential. KaiserDave is doing what he needs to do for the welfare of the same.

I'd also like to thank any responsible Fremontians for their role in helping Atlasian civil safety. I'd like to take the moment to thank everyone who has tried, however futily, to hold back the anarchy and defend law and order in Atlasia, using whatever is in their power. By this I mean elected officials who have behaved responsibly and honorably in this saga. I don't know all your names, but I would thank you for taking action when and where you can for sake of the people.

I regretfully have to call for the impeachment and removal from office of President Blue Dog. He seems not to have understood what makes this Republic great. He spares neither friend nor foe, Lincolnite, Fremonter, or Southerner. If he would go after me, then I don't see how he's supposed to be trusted.

I don't recall having many political enemies in my long political life, but for the time being, I must regard President Oregon Blue Dog as one of them, with great regret. Perhaps if/when this all subsides, we can be friends again. But I don't consider those who designate me enemies of the state as friends. A man like this will throw his friends under the bus, force party comrades into jail, and undermine the rule of law for sake of...possibly alleviating him being bored.

Try and get me, Mr. President. You probably can't lock all of us up. And if you do, then you deserve to be removed from office for gross abuse of power, even more so than before. The Senate will decide your fate. If you want to save your job, dail back everything - immediately.

100% agreed and very well spoken. OBD is dividing the country and him potentially winning re-election may be the end of Atlasia.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2022, 05:34:14 AM »

The current behavior of some individuals is extremely discouraging to new players. To paraphrase someone else, and I can't remember who, if new players came across the forum/game now, who among them would say, "Awesome! This is something I want to be a part of!"?
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2022, 06:34:39 AM »

[from a undisclosed location in Texas]
I'd like to thank the people of the South, and all those who preferenced me, for my returning to the Chamber tonight. At a time when we need seasoned leadership more than ever, you voted for me to continue in office. Much thanks. We shall continue to act in order to ensure Kansas remains Southern soil and to manage relations with other regions prudently.

I'd also like to take the opportunity to congratulate all of today's winners both in the South and nationwide, and any challengers they drew for their part in enlivening the democratic process. In the South, we have, among others, Governor LouisvilleThunder, and fhtagn (both people I've known and worked alongside for years). Our Dean Reagente was returned. The people's work is never done, and I look forward to continuing to work with you in the next session for the good of the people.

On national level, we saw the Old Labor Party perform phenomenally, outpolling the Labor Party. Adam Griffin (if my memory serves me right) won more first-preference votes than any other candidate, doing well enough to get another candidate elected on his coattails. He was not the only man who did well in this election though, to be clear. I for one at least made history for being the first person in Atlasian history to write in Mr. Sparkles for any office.

I feel this great Republic is probably, hopefully, in safe hands after tonight. There is a piece of music in the Kirby games that has a name called, "Ashiita* wa Ashiita mo Kaze ga fuku". In English that is, "Tomorrow is another day". Tonight's election results are like a ray of sunshine, and hopefully the start of a bright future.

In general, best of luck everyone! Good night. Long Live the South, and Long Live Atlasia.

*=placed extra I in there to prevent the filter from censoring the Japanese word. Apologies.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2022, 09:30:16 AM »

I'd like to thank the people of the South, and all those who preferenced me, for my returning to the Chamber tonight. At a time when we need seasoned leadership more than ever, you voted for me to continue in office. Much thanks. We shall continue to act in order to ensure Kansas remains Southern soil and to manage relations with other regions prudently.

I'd also like to take the opportunity to congratulate all of today's winners both in the South and nationwide, and any challengers they drew for their part in enlivening the democratic process. In the South, we have, among others, Governor LouisvilleThunder, and fhtagn (both people I've known and worked alongside for years). Our Dean Reagente was returned. The people's work is never done, and I look forward to continuing to work with you in the next session for the good of the people.

On national level, we saw the Old Labor Party perform phenomenally, outpolling the Labor Party. Adam Griffin (if my memory serves me right) won more first-preference votes than any other candidate, doing well enough to get another candidate elected on his coattails. He was not the only man who did well in this election though, to be clear. I for one at least made history for being the first person in Atlasian history to write in Mr. Sparkles for any office.

I feel this great Republic is probably, hopefully, in safe hands after tonight. There is a piece of music in the Kirby games that has a name called, "Ashiita* wa Ashiita mo Kaze ga fuku". In English that is, "Tomorrow is another day". Tonight's election results are like a ray of sunshine, and hopefully the start of a bright future.

In general, best of luck everyone! Good night. Long Live the South, and Long Live Atlasia.

*=placed extra I in there to prevent the filter from censoring the Japanese word. Apologies.
Very based!
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2022, 04:33:25 AM »

Very based!
Thank you Good Sir!
Best of luck!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2022, 09:14:23 PM »

Congrats on another reelection! Looking forward to working with you again in the next session.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2022, 09:46:57 PM »

Congrats!
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2022, 04:24:13 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2022, 04:28:37 PM by Southern Delegate and Atlasian AG Punxsutawney Phil »

I've been busy writing lately, but I want to make it clear: congrats to all the winners from this election, and thanks to everyone who ran for enlivening the democratic process.
Best of luck to President-elect Cao in his administration. I guess the Labor winning streak was bound to end eventually!
This is only the second write-in bid I've ever mounted (not that I wanted this to become a write-in bid as opposed to a normal one), if I recall correctly. First one that's failed. I had a platform and everything, but was too busy to post it. I guess the results should not surprise me. Thanks to everyone who left me on your ballot (which is to say, at least ChristianMan. Apologies if I didn't notice anyone else, but wanted to give out thanks by name here for this man anyway!).
There's a first time for everything.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2023, 03:58:20 AM »

Bump
I am running for the Senate at-large this election cycle.
Please get out and vote! No matter your political allegiances.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2023, 05:42:56 PM »

I thank everyone for voting for me. Congratulations to all the winners for being elected (including my soon-to-be Senate collegues) and to the electoral losers for enlivening the democratic process.
This is my first time running for national office that I can recall and it was successful. I look forward to continuing to serve the public in my new role.
Regards,
Tim
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2023, 07:49:34 PM »

You have my full and enthusiastic endorsement!
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2023, 11:24:29 PM »

All these years, and this was your first national attempt? You've just about blown my mind. Congrats on a most well deserved victory, Tim, and welcome to the Senate!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies