The Presidency of America's Maverick
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:24:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Presidency of America's Maverick
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30
Poll
Question: Who Will win the 2008 Election
George W Bush

Hillary Clinton

Will be a 269-269 Tie

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 15

Author Topic: The Presidency of America's Maverick  (Read 62923 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: June 29, 2022, 09:57:03 PM »

CNN: Election Night in America 2008(Part 7)

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DITO8F3KUlE

2:35:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B_U0FyRwvU

Blitzer: CNN is now projecting Hillary Clinton will win the state of Missouri and its 11 electoral votes bumping her electoral total to 269.

Clinton 269
Bush 262

Blitzer: Now lets go over to Clinton headquarters in Manhattan where Jessica Yellin is still at despite the fact everyone seems to have left

Yellin: Yes a short while ago Terry McAullife a co-chair of the Hillary Clinton campaign told everyone and that Senator Hillary Clinton will address them tomorrow afternoon no matter what the outcome is.

Blitzer: Now lets go over to Bush Headquarters in Dallas where I am being told Karl Rove told the same thing to the people over at the Bush headquarters

Bash: Yes Karl Rove told the people here at the Bush headquarters that the election will likely not be decided tonight so he told everyone to go home and get some rest as Senator Bush will address them tomorrow afternoon about the state of the election.

Blitzer: We all knew this election would be extremely close but we never knew that it would be this close. Thank You Jessica and Dana and we will be right back for more

3:25:

Cooper: CNN has some major news to project to you and that is

Breaking News : Democrats to Take Control of the United States House of Representatives
Cooper: CNN can project to you that the Democrats will take the house of representatives as they will indeed win that first district in New Mexico and that takes them from 217 to 218 which is more than enough to win the house. There are still 2 races left in California that are to close to call and probably wont be decided today but will be by tomorrow evening. Now lets look at the overall composition

Democrats: 218
Republicans: 214
Too Close to Call: 2
Runoff: 1

Cooper: Now lets bring up the overall state delegation

Democrats : 25
Republicans: 24
Tie: 1

Keep in mind in a 269-269 tie you need 26 votes to get to a majority so at this moment neither party will have that 26 votes though it will be easier for the Democrats to get to 26 than the Republicans.

4:07:

Blitzer: CNN can now make its final projection of the night and it a major one

Breaking News: Nobody To Receive Majority of Electoral Votes
and that is we can project the state of Oregon to go to Senator Bush. That means the election will end up a 269-269 tie and we will have a deadlocked election as nobody will receive the 270 electoral votes you need to be President. This means the Presidential Election will be decided by the House of Representatives and the Vice Presidential Election by the Senate .

Clinton 269
Bush 269

Blitzer: Also since nobody has received a majority of the state delegations in the House that means it will be very hard to project who will be the next President. So lets go over to our panel for a final reaction

Carville: Well I am disappointed by the fact that we didnt get to 270 electoral votes but the fact is we always knew it was possible especially given the Ralph Nader factor but the key thing is it is not over and the fact is Democrats will have an easier path to the presidency than the the Republicans. The reason is simple and that is if the House Deadlocks and is unable to pick a winner by January 20th the Vice President Elect who will be Jay Rockefeller given we have won a majority in the Senate becomes acting President. So for all the Democrats out here, I have to say not to panic

Bennett: Well I am gonna say this is a consequence of neither candidate really being a fresh face and that is a reason for being a deadlock and while I like Senator Bush and think he would be a great president the fact is he wasn't a fresh face. Second I think tonight exposed some potential downsides
Senators Bush and Clinton could bring to their party if elected as the Ralph Nader vote exposed potential divisions on the Democratic side which could get worse if Hillary Clinton becomes president, and Senator Bush showed weakness in key Midwestern and Rust Belt suburban areas in ways that neither his father or President McCain showed.

So it is something both Senator Clinton and Bush will have to keep in mind whomever ends up taking the presidency.

Castellanos: I agree and also want to add that I do think a House Contingent election will truly be a tossup as there are many southern conservative blue dog Democrats that Senator Bush will try to convince to vote for him and same goes for liberal North Eastern Republicans for Hillary Clinton. It will be very interesting to see what happens

Begala: My point is that we are getting ahead of ourselves as these electoral vote projection dont take into account faithless electoral votes and really I can tell you that both Senator Clinton and Bush will try to get a faithless electoral vote on their side cause if they do they will get to 270 electoral votes and win.

In my opinion whoever ends up winning the popular vote will have an easier case to go to a faithless electoral and tell them to vote for them. John am I right in saying that even though Senator Bush narrowly leads in that, Senator Clinton probably will win it after the voters are counted in California

King: Yes if you extrapolate the remaining votes in each state that has votes still left counting, you can say that Senator Clinton is probably the favorite to win the popular vote

Begala: All right so in that case Hillary Clinton can go to that elector in Maine for example and say listen 1. In a 269-269 tie shouldn't the tiebreaker go to the person who won the most votes 2. That Hillary Clinton won the state of Maine , 3. Hillary Clinton would have won the district if not for a third party candidate. So I think its no where near over

Blitzer: Yes due to those circumstances we at CNN will cover the official casting of the votes by the electoral college as well to see what the official electoral tally is. All right we will sign off on our election coverage though if you want to see more coverage please continue watching us as CNN will still be covering the election, just along side regular programming.

Junior Chimp

« Reply #676 on: June 29, 2022, 10:03:25 PM »
« Edited: June 29, 2022, 10:12:53 PM by 2016 »

You got to be kidding me!
I had a sense that Missouri & Wisconsin were going for Clinton given how well she did in the Suburbs.

New Mexico though is a big disappointment given that Democrat Bill Richardson is Governor there.

The Clinton Campaign has some tough Questions to answer why her 56-39 lead nationally among Hispanics did not translate into a win in States like Colorado, Nevada and New Mexico.

Keep in mind 56-39 is still not that great for a democrat with Hispanics. Keep in mind Bush is still over performing McCain 2000 in terms of Margins with Hispanics (who lost by 20 vs 17) and another thing to keep in mind is the Nader effect as hurt Clinton out in the West which is why she is not overperforming Biden in the West as in other regions.

Nader is only a factor in Oregon.
Hillary won California overwhelmingly which why my Prediction of the Popular Vote ( I predicted 49-47 Clinton) won't be far off.
So Hillary will win the Popular Vote by about 1.5 to 1.7M Votes but might lose the Election in the House.
INSANE!!!

If all what's left in Missouri is the remaining Precincts of St. Louis City then Hillary will have a 20.000-30.000 Vote lead in the State once those Precincts are counted.

Edit: And I called it. Easy win for Clinton in Missouri.
Interesting that all of the contested Battlegrounds are outside Recount Territory, way different compared to the 2000 OTL Florida Vote.
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #677 on: June 30, 2022, 07:14:48 PM »

A 269-269 tie. Didn't expect that at all.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #678 on: June 30, 2022, 08:30:53 PM »

I can't wait what both Candidates going to say to their Supporters the Morning after Election Day! Probably Clinton will say whoever wins the Popular Vote should be the next President and Hillary seems to be favoured for that.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #679 on: July 01, 2022, 03:17:02 PM »

President McCain reacts to Election Results in Post Election Press Conference:

Source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:McCainInDenverMay29Of2008.jpg

McCain: Last night Americans in all walk of life went to the polls to pick who they wanted our nation's next President after a long and hard fought campaign and I want to start out by thanking them for doing their civic duty. While many may be disappointed that the election ended in an inconclusive way, I do want to emphasize the most important thing we can do at this moment is to let our process run its course.  In the meanwhile I have spoken with Senator Bush and Senator Clinton and have let them know that while there may not be an official winner yet, we should not let it come in the way of stopping a smooth transition process which is why I have requested my staff to work with the teams of both Senator Bush and Senator Clinton to ensure their administration is ready to hit the ground running from day 1.

It is why I have also requested both Senator Bush and Clinton to also name their choices for Secretary of State, Defense , Treasury as well as their chief of staff and national security advisor to ensure we a smooth transition in the most important areas that effect our nation.

Media Member 1: Will Senator Clinton and Senator Bush be receiving the President-Elect briefing too and if so why not wait till we find out who the president-elect actually is

McCain: That is a good question, and the reason is in a time of war like we face right now and a time of extortionary challenges we cannot afford to wait until January 6th of next year to begin the transition process as on areas regarding our national security and our economy it is essential that whoever our next President is be prepared and up to date to meet those challenges on day 1 of their presidency and a rushed transition process would really hurt that process. It is why I have also requested both camps name the heads of these important positions so we can get them up to date as well.

Media Member 2: According to many reports , Senator Hillary Clinton is expected to win the popular vote by around a quarter of a percentage point so do you think the tiebreaker should go to her given she won more votes

McCain: Listen we have a process for deciding tiebreakers and my belief is we should let the process play out . As for the popular vote one thing to keep in mind in these types of debates is if elections were based on the popular vote the campaigns would be different and I dont think any of us could say with certainty who would win the popular vote in that case. So for that reason it is my belief rather than engage in these hypotheticals we should let the process play out and have a potential conversation about potential electoral reform later

Media Member 3: So do you believe there should be a reform to our electoral process to ensure disputes like this dont happen again

McCain: Listen I do not think it is wise to jump to and immediate conclusions at this moment and reform the system just to reform the system. I also want to add that even in other systems like parliamentary systems you get disputes even more frequently than we do through hung parliaments and just like our system they have processes to deal with it but what I am saying is no matter what system we implement there will be some issues and close elections can lead to dispute.

Now that does not mean either that we should not make any reforms but rather I think congress should have a bipartisan committee to first study this issue to see if we need reform to the system and if we do then study different types of reforms to fix the issues they come up with. This is a process that will take a few years but it is better to be cautious rather than reform the system for the worse. Thank You , but I wont be taking any more questions at the moment .

Senator Hillary Clinton gives Speech to Supporters Following the Results of the Election:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0KQ9wj8liE

Clinton: Thank You Thank You. Last night we experienced one of the closest elections in the history our country and certainly the closest election in any of our lifetime but what is important at this moment is to know that our nation does have a system to deal with such a result and it is important we let that process work it self out(Applause). This election now will first be decided by the electoral college and if the electoral result comes out the same as it is projected too today, will be decided by our congress which is why last night's election for the congress was even more important than before. For the first time in 14 years Democrats will control the House of Representatives and the Senate(Applause) and for the first time in 14 years there will be more House Delegations Controlled by the Democrats than Republicans(Applause). We also will very likely be coming out of this election with a lead in the popular vote(Applause) which is why I believe we will have a better case to make to the electoral college and the House of Representatives to break the tie in favor of us(Applause). Thank You May God Bless You and May God Bless America

Senator George W Bush gives Speech following the results of the election:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibMf68i4rz8

Bush: Thank You Thank You. Last night I had the opportunity to speak with Senator Hillary Clinton and we both agreed to let our process play out as while this election may have ended up in a tie, our founders set up a system to resolve electoral disputes exactly like this and both Senator Clinton and I will not go outside that system(Applause) and both of us will accept whichever the eventual result is. I want to thank all of you who voted for our ticket last night and want to let you know that we will do the best we can to convince the electoral college and congress to break the tie in favor of us(Applause). The fact is neither party will have a majority of state delegations in the House which means that this election will be decided by which one of us has more of a cross party appeal and it is my belief that the platform we laid out in this campaign will have more cross party appeal than Senator Clinton which is why we believe the tie will end up breaking in our favor(Applause). Thank You, May God Bless You and May God Bless America
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #680 on: July 01, 2022, 03:19:34 PM »

Oof.
LAB-LIB
Dale Bumpers
United States

« Reply #681 on: July 01, 2022, 03:25:20 PM »

Hillary seems to have the stronger case, if Bush wins, the midterms are going to be a bloodbath for the Republicans especially considering the fact that they have so many more senate seats from 2004. If Hillary wins, the midterms could be pretty bad for the Democrats. Either way, I'm probably getting way ahead of myself. Good work!
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #682 on: July 01, 2022, 07:27:58 PM »

Dubya and Hillary naming potential cabinet picks for their potential administrations
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #683 on: July 02, 2022, 03:40:12 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2024, 01:46:56 AM by OSR stands with Israel »

2008 Election Results:

Presidential Election Results:

Senator Hillary Clinton(D-NY)/Senator Jay Rockefeller(D-WV) 269 48.35%
Senator George W Bush(R-TX)/Former Senator Bill Frist(R-TN) 269 48.11%
Activist Ralph Nader(G-CT)/Attorney Matt Gonzalez(G-GA) 0 3.04%

States Decided by 5 points or Less:

Oregon: Bush 46.81% Clinton 46.48% Nader 5.59%
Missouri: Clinton 49.06% Bush 48.59% Nader 1.88%
ME-2: Bush 46.31% Clinton 45.79% Nader 6.89%
New Mexico: Bush 48.08% Clinton 47.41% Nader 3.72%
Wisconsin: Clinton 48.04% Bush 47.41% Nader 3.67%
Ohio: Bush 49.03% Clinton 47.59% Nader 2.97%
Pennsylvania: Clinton 49.72% Bush 47.67% Nader 2.22%
Kentucky: Bush 50.09% Clinton 47.61% Nader 1.92%
Nevada: Bush: 49.93% Clinton 46.57% Nader 3.03

Iowa: Clinton 50.14% Bush 46.61% Nader 2.73%
Minnesota: Clinton 48.13% Bush 44.34% Nader 5.91%
Colorado: Bush 48.27% Clinton 44.22% Nader 6.04%
Florida: Bush 51.02% Clinton 46.73% Nader 1.85%
New Hampshire: Bush 49.89% Clinton 45.43% Nader 4.03%
Michigan: Clinton 51.12% Bush 46.29% Nader 2.23%

States Decided by 5-10 points:

Washington: Clinton 49.88% Bush 44.84% Nader 4.73%
Maine: Clinton 48.84% Clinton 43.73% Nader 7.01%
Louisiana: Bush 51.76 Clinton 46.57% Nader 1.43%
Virginia: Bush: 51.35% Clinton 45.73% Nader 2.44%

West Virginia: Clinton 51.93% Bush 46.04% Nader 1.77%
Arkansas: Clinton 52.02% Bush 46.01% Nader 1.65%
Tennessee: Bush 52.37% Clinton 46.33% Nader 1.05%
New Jersey: Clinton 51.34% Bush 44.88% Clinton 3.33%
North Carolina: Bush 54.07% Clinton 44.33% Bush 1.25%

Senate Election Results:

*NC Special is Supposed to show Dem hold

Democrats: 53(+4)
Republicans 46(-4)
Not Yet Decided: 1

House of Representatives:

Democrats: 219 48.8%
Republicans: 215 48.4%
Runoff: 1

Gubernatorial Elections:

How much Did Ralph Nader Effect This Election:

Blitzer: So John How many states did Ralph Nader cost Senator Clinton in

King: Well the actual answer is we dont know but it we are gonna make an estimate a good way to do so in my opinion is to take around half the votes Mr.Nader got and then compare it to the margin of victory Senator Bush had in each state and see whether that is greater than the Bush margin. Reason I say half is keep in mind many Americans who voted for Mr.Nader otherwise would not have come out to vote to begin with and second some of them would have voted for Senator Bush. While that second point may sound weird, well politics can get weird so I think Half is a good number to use.

If you use that number Senator Clinton would have won Oregon, that 2nd district in Maine, New Mexico and barely I mean barely take Ohio. So Senator Clinton in this case would have anywhere from around 282 to 302 electoral votes without Nader if you take that into account. Now this is just a hypothetical as neither of the two major parties are entitled to anybody's votes so I would still be careful before saying Mr.Nader is the only reason why Senator Clinton did not get to 270.

How can Senator Clinton or Senator Bush unite this nation

Blitzer: Given these results how difficult will it be for either Senator Clinton or Senator Bush to unite the country

Gergen: Oh it will be difficult but it is by no means impossible and by no means these results will mean 4 years of gridlock. What I think it means is that we will not see any sweeping policies implemented in an ideological way cause neither side can claim a mandate to pass such an agenda, but that does not mean we will be unable to pass moderate liberal or moderate conservative legislation and that is what I will expect.

I will also add that it is whoever the President is to unite the nation because if they dont then the nation will be united in another way and that is against them and their party which could result in a disastrous midterm in 2010 and could doom them to be one term presidents.

Will Senate Republicans fall into the wilderness after last night's defeats:

Blitzer: Last night Democrats smashed through the once impenetrable Republican firewall in the senate and handily grabbed control of the senate including defeating Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. So Bill could last night's defeat presage years in the wilderness for Senate Republicans similarly to what the Democrats went through for over a decade

Bennett: Well losing Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell was a pretty big blow to us as he was someone with the political skills to lead a minority so the question now is will whoever the new GOP Senate Leader which I am likely told will be Jon Kyl be able to lead a minority in a skilled and ruthless way. This will be especially true given how skilled an operator the new Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is and if the answer turns out to be no then yes it could presage years in the minority for Senate Republican.

BigVic
Australia

« Reply #684 on: July 02, 2022, 07:59:31 PM »

A Bush/Rockefeller administration
Junior Chimp

« Reply #685 on: July 03, 2022, 05:57:26 PM »

I hope Hillary Clinton gets confirmed as President eventually.

Assuming the Financial Crisis strikes some time in 2009 I trust her a whole lot more than I trust Bush to get us out of it given that Dubya monkied up the Nations Economy in the OTL.

And Senator Bush declaring his Ticket has more crossover appeal is just laughable. You are no John McCain Senator.

Naming Cabinet picks especially for the State, Defense, Homeland Security, Attorney General, NSA, etc. seems reasonable to me given the times we are living in.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #686 on: July 04, 2022, 01:25:35 AM »

Senator Clinton and Senator Bush announce Heads of Transition Team's and their Chief of Staff:

Clinton's Head of Transition Team and Chief of Staff: Former DNC Chair Terry McAullife

Source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Virginia_Governor_Democrats_Terry_McAuliffe_095_Cropped_(cropped).jpg

Bush's Head of Transition Team: Former Secretary of State James Baker

Source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:JamesBaker.jpeg

Bush' Chief of Staff: Campaign Manager Karl Rove

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Rove

President McCain meets with Senator Clinton and Senator Bush to discuss Transition Plans:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfBEvW_0Nco

Source https://www.pbs.org/video/pbs-newshour-sen-john-mccain-there-will-be-scandals-in-campaigns/

Source https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl-W3IXRTHU

McCain: As you all know I met with both Senator Bush and Senator Clinton earlier today to discuss with the both of them how we can best make this uncommon transition period work between mine and either of their presidencies . I discussed individually each of them how we can make this work between my team and their teams and also discussed important policy such as economic policy and national security policy to get both of them up to date on some of the important issues they may be dealing with when either of them take the office. Thank You
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #687 on: July 04, 2022, 04:03:41 AM »

A Bush/Rockefeller administration

Would be interesting. And even more so if Bush was impeached at some point or forced to resign.
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #688 on: July 04, 2022, 08:18:08 AM »

It’s an awkward situation for outgoing President McCain to meet Senators Clinton and Bush during their transitions and to prepare for their administrations
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #689 on: July 04, 2022, 02:16:02 PM »

Democrat Mark Begich defeats Scandal Plagued Long Time Senator Ted Stevens to become next Seat from Alaska

Source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Mark_Begich,_official_portrait,_112th_Congress.jpg

Blitzer: We have some breaking news to announce and that is the Democrat Mark Begich will defeat long time senator Ted Stevens to become the next senator of Alaska. Senator Stevens was the longest serving Republican in the senate but was mired in scandal and was convicted in court of multiple felonies a week before the election. Due to this , the senate which had planned to hold an vote to potentially expel Senator Stevens will no longer have to go through with the vote as he will be leaving the senate on January 3rd of next year.

This also means the Democrats will have 54 senate seats when the new congress comes into session but that number would drop to 53 if Senator Clinton becomes the next President due to New York having a Republican Governor but would rise to 55 if Senator Bush becomes the next President due to Texas having a Democratic Governor.

Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #690 on: July 04, 2022, 03:42:13 PM »

Is Giuliani the Governor of New York?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #691 on: July 04, 2022, 03:48:27 PM »

Yes
Junior Chimp

« Reply #692 on: July 04, 2022, 04:43:33 PM »

Going to be really interesting what Donald Trump does. He could either run for New York City Mayor in 2009 or New York Governor challenging Giuliani in 2010.

I btw think Hillary Clinton will eventually assume the Office of the Presidency in January!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #693 on: July 05, 2022, 05:52:29 PM »

Senator Bush Cabinet Picks:

Secretary of State: Former UN Ambassador Condoleezza Rice

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condoleezza_Rice

Secretary of Treasury: Economist Glenn Hubbard

Source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Glenn_Hubbard_portrait.jpg

Secretary of Defense: Former Senator Dan Coats

Source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Dan_Coats,_official_portrait,_112th_Congress.jpg

Secretary of Homeland Security: Secretary of Homeland Security Bill Bratton

Source : https://youtu.be/EzwGe-t_z48

National Security Advisor: UN Ambassador Robert Kagan

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kagan

Senator Clinton's Cabinet Picks:

Secretary of State: Former Senator Sam Nunn

Source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Senator_Nunn_headshot_2010_cropped.jpg

Secretary of Treasury: Former Director of National Economic Council Gene Sperling

Source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Gene_Sperling_(National_Economic_Council)_(cropped).jpg

Secretary of Defense: Former Deputy Secretary of Defense John Hamre

Source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Deputy_Secretary_of_Defense_John_Hamre,_official_portrait.jpg

Secretary of Homeland Security: Secretary of Homeland Security Bill Bratton

Source : https://youtu.be/EzwGe-t_z48

National Security Advisor: Former General Wesley Clark

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQVOKLCd9lk

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #694 on: July 09, 2022, 04:32:29 PM »

President McCain signs India-US Civil Nuclear Deal days after congress approves final deal and reacts to 26/11 attacks

Blitzer: President McCain just singed the India-US Civil Nuclear Deal which the US has agrees to work towards full civil nuclear cooperation with India in exchange for the Indian government agreeing to separate its civil and military nuclear facilities and place all its civil unclear facilities under IAEA safeguards. The President also made this statement giving his condolences to the people of India for the terrorist attacks in Mumbai

McCain: I just spoke with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to first give my condolences to the people of India for attacks in Mumbai yesterday and let him know that our nation pledges full support to India to do help in whichever way we can to ensure the people responsible for attacks are brought to justice. The people who did this are evil and like terrorists everywhere look to disrupt the way of life and I have full confidence that the people of India will send a message to them that they have failed in doing so. They over the past many decades have built a strong multi ethnic democracy and despite these attacks will continue to make their democracy even stronger.

These attacks though are another example of the evil of terror and why it is critical that the world works together to hunt down and destroy terrorist groups across the world to ensure attacks like this never happen again. Thank You, and May God Bless the people of India

Media Member 1: We have been told you have signed the India-US Civil Nuclear Deal

McCain: Yes I have

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #695 on: July 09, 2022, 09:27:52 PM »

Breaking News: Republican Joseph Cao wins stunning upset victory over scandal plagued Democratic Incumbent William Jefferson in Runoff for Louisiana's 2nd district

Blitzer: CNN can now project the Republican Joseph Cao will win a stunning upset over scandal plagued Democratic Congressman William Jefferson and will be elected as the next representative of the extremely solidly Democratic 2nd district of Louisiana. This means the final balance in the House of Representatives will be 219 Democrats to 216 Republicans in the next session of congress that begins next January . One thing to keep in mind though is the overall state delegation math has not changed as Louisiana was gonna be in Republican hands either way this result went so the overall delegation math will remain 25 Democrats to 24 Republicans to 1 which is tied.

King:  I want people to remember that Senator Clinton in November won this district by 50 points so this is a huge upset indeed though not as surprising as people may think given the fact that Congressman Jefferson has been indicted on 16 felony charges related to corruption . Add to the fact that Speaker-Elect Pelosi backed Speaker Boehner's decision to strip him of his assignment of the House Ways and Means Committee back in 2007 along with the fact that Senator Clinton has not supported Congressman's Jefferson reelection bid very likely played a factor in his defeat.

Now its very likely that Congressman Cao will only be here for one term as he will face an extremely uphill battle against a Democrat that does not have this baggage but who knows what incumbency can bring so it very well may not be a rental.

Gregen: I think this result is a good message to send to corrupt politicians no matter which party and that is if you cross a certain line, you will lose regardless of how solidly your district is in favor of your party.

Junior Chimp

« Reply #696 on: July 10, 2022, 09:45:51 AM »

I think Hillary Clinton/Jay Rockefeller/Nancy Pelosi/Harry Reid and John A. Boehner would work just fine as a Government. Big uncertain thing is a Hardliner like designated Senate Minority Leader Jon Kyl. The Guy will stop everything even if that means no Enonomic Recovery.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #697 on: July 12, 2022, 01:36:18 AM »

CNN's Coverage of the Electoral College Vote:

Blitzer: Welcome to CNN's coverage of the official electoral college vote too see whether or not we will have a president-elect at the end of today or whether this election will be decided by the Congress.

Brown: Now this is day is just a formality as we usually know who the president-elect is and this day usually makes official what we already know but today this matters cause if each elector votes the way they are expected to then we will end up with both Senator Bush and Clinton having 269 electoral votes which would then send the election to Congress a few weeks from now. Now on the other hand if one of these electors defects to the other side and becomes a faithless elector than well we will have a President-Elect tonight.

Blitzer: So around 10 to 15 states are expected to report each hour so Campbell and I will interrupt regular coverage at around the top of each hour to bring you those resuts. We will also have a electoral vote tally ticker on the bottom of your screen which will update with you with the results as they come in real time. Alright we will now send it to back to your regular coverage

3:00

Blitzer: As you can see we have gotten the official results in 11 states so far and so far Senator Bush and Senator Frist have won all the electoral votes in Alabama, Georgia, Virginia, Florida, Kansas and North Dakota.

Brown: Yes and Senator Clinton and Senator Rockefeller will win all the electoral votes in Arkansas, West Virginia, Michigan, Illinois, and Rhode Island

Blitzer: So far we have no faithless electoral votes this hour but there is a long way to go

4:00:

Blitzer: 15 states have reported results this hour and so far Senator Bush and Senator Frist will win all the electoral votes in New Hampshire, Ohio, Kentucky, Texas, South Dakota , Colorado, Utah, and Montana.

Brown: We are also getting that Senator Clinton and Senator Jay Rockefeller will win all the electoral votes in Vermont , New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Wisconsin, Iowa

Blitzer: So Far Again the states are coming in as we expected but we do have 13 more states and the District of Columbia coming up in this next hour so we will watch to see if we get any there

5:00:

Blitzer: So it is the top of the hour again and we can report to you that Senator Bush and Senator Frist have won all the electoral votes in Tennessee, South Carolina, Louisiana, Oklahoma , Arizona, Wyoming and Oregon

Brown: We can also report to you that Senator Clinton and Senator Rockefeller will win all the electoral votes in Massachusetts , Connecticut, Pennsylvania, the District of Columbia, Minnesota, Missouri and Washington. In Maine we have a split result as we can project to you that Senator Clinton will win 3 of the 4 electoral votes in Maine as expected and Senator Bush 1 of the 4 electoral votes.

Blitzer: So far there have been no faithless electoral votes which but we will see if this holds as there are still 11 states left and that is still a lot to swing an outcome

6:00

Blitzer: We have some breaking news to project to you

Breaking News: Presidential Election Deadlocked

Blitzer: That is we can project the Presidential Election will be deadlocked as both Senator Bush or Senator Clinton will fail to get to 270 electoral votes meaning this election will be decided by a house of representatives in which neither party has control of a majority of the state delegations making the presidency still completely up for grabs. The reason we can project this is because we are able to report to you that Senator Bush and Senator Frist will win all the electoral votes in North Carolina, Indiana, Mississippi , Nebraska, New Mexico , Idaho, Nevada and Alaska.

Brown: We can also project that Senator Clinton will win all the electoral votes in California and Hawaii and as you can see that bumps Senator Clinton to 269 electoral votes which is exactly the amount Senator Bush has meaning this election will officially be decided by the house of representatives in a few weeks and nobody knows how that will end up.

Blitzer: So David it is official that 2008 will be the first election to be thrown the United States Congress since 1824

Gergen: Yes though I would say given the senate results , Senator Rockefeller is the heavy favorite to become the next Vice President though I agree we have no idea what will happen for the Presidential Election as the house votes by state delegations and right now Democrats have 25 to Republicans 24 to 1 tie and you need 26 to win. I would say if forced to choose that gives Democrats a slight edge plus the fact that if we are unable to get a result then Senator Rockefeller will become the acting President so I would say the Democrats are favored to get the Presidency so far.

Blitzer: We will be waiting for sure to see how the closest election in anyone's lifetime will be resolved.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #698 on: July 12, 2022, 08:28:37 AM »

OSR,
Question: Which State has the State Delagation, that is tied?
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #699 on: July 12, 2022, 09:15:34 AM »

OSR,
Question: Which State has the State Delagation, that is tied?

Maine
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies