The Presidency of America's Maverick
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:13:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Presidency of America's Maverick
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 30
Poll
Question: Who Will win the 2008 Election
George W Bush

Hillary Clinton

Will be a 269-269 Tie

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 15

Author Topic: The Presidency of America's Maverick  (Read 62801 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2020, 03:41:25 AM »

President Clinton reacts to results of the election:

Clinton: Last night I had the opportunity to speak to President-Elect McCain and congratulate him on his victory's in yesterday's election and had the opportunity to invite him to the white house to talk about ways to ensure a smooth transition. I was impressed with the President-Elect's victory speech and calls for unity and it is important for all of us to remember like the President-Elect said that we are all Americans first not Democrats or Republicans first which is why I also look forward to working with him over the next few weeks in helping unite our nation as well.

I also had the opportunity to speak to Vice President Gore and congratulate him on a well run campaign and thank him for all the effort he put into this adminstration for the last 8 years because I absotuley would not have the successes I have without his effort. It was an honor having him as my Vice President for the last 8 years and I wish him success for any future plans whether its in the private or public sector. Thank You , May God Bless You and May God Bless America
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2020, 01:34:06 PM »

President-Elect McCain names Head of Transition Team and Chief of Staff as he prepares for transition meeting with President Clinton

Head of Transition Team: Indiana Senator Richard Lugar

Chief of Staff: Campaign Advisor Mark Salter

President-Elect McCain meets with President Clinton at White House for Transition Meeting:

Source: https://edition.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1999/05/04/kosovo.congress/

Shaw: The President and President-Elect met for a few hours at the White House today in a meeting they both called excellent and talked over ways they could create the smoothest transition possible, and also talked over many national security issues as well. After the meeting, they went to President Clinton's favorite restaurant in Washington DC to have a lunch where they are right now.

Former Wyoming Senator Alan Simpson to become new head of RNC after new year

Shaw: We have been told that President-Elect McCain will appoint former Wyoming Senator Alan Simpson to head the RNC after the new year . Senator Simpson like President-Elect McCain is a strong supporter of campaign finance reform, a moderate-conservative which is why the President-Elect named him to become the new head of the RNC. Bill what changes will be made to the RNC under Senator Simpson's leadership

Schnider: We are told that Senator Simpson will ban the party's committees from raising funds not subject to the federal limits which will mean he will crackdown on what the President-Elect likes to call soft money. This also is a smart legislative play by President-Elect McCain as this means that Republicans will be more likely to vote on his campaign finance legislation to avoid a situation for the next 4 years in which only the Democrats can benefit from soft money.

Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2020, 04:42:12 PM »

Simpson and McCain will probably allow the Democratic Party to remain competitive in the south and the republicans to remain competitive in New England and the northwest for longer
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2020, 05:59:58 PM »

President-Elect McCain selects his foreign policy team:

Secretary of State: Former National Security Advisor Colin Powell

Secretary of Defense: Pennsylvania Governor Tom Ridge

National Security Advisor: General Norman Schwarzkopf

UN Ambassdor: Professor Condoleezza Rice

Woodruff: These picks weren't much of a surprise with the exception of Mrs.Rice who was a top foreign policy advisor to the Bush campaign and it seems like President-Elect McCain decided to name her UN Ambassador. He also has followed through on his pledge of having his secretary of state, defense and national security advisor be people who served in the military.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2020, 09:03:25 AM »

I hope McCain will be able to stop 9/11 but he might just do the same thing as Bush as he has the same foreign policy team basically.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2020, 01:46:16 PM »

I hope McCain will be able to stop 9/11 but he might just do the same thing as Bush as he has the same foreign policy team basically.

While it may seem similar on paper, remember Bush/Cheney sidelined Powell significantly in favor of Rumsfeld and people like Ridge were given lesser roles while Rice a much more higher position in OTL .
McCain will listen to Powell’s advice far more than Bush did and also the fact their is no Don Rumsfeld , and no Paul Wolfowitz both of which held significant influence in the Bush admin

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2020, 04:48:31 PM »

President-Elect McCain selects his Economic Team:

Secretary of Treasury: Economist Robert Lucas Jr

Secretary of Commerce: New York Governor George Pataki

Secretary of Labor: Former Maine Governor John McKernan

OMB Director: Representative John Kasich

Schnider: President-Elect McCain so far when it comes to economic policy has a mix of conservatives and moderates with Mr.Lucas and Congressman Kasich being part of the Conservative Wing and Governors Pataki and McKernan being part of the more moderate wing. Governor Pataki while he endorsed Governor Bush early on had become more neutral by super tuesday which is probably why he was able to get this position.

Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2020, 05:05:03 PM »

Mary Donohue declined to seek the governorship in 2006 so I expect she won’t seek a full term in 2002.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2020, 02:58:51 AM »

President-Elect McCain fills out significant portion of his cabinet:

Attorney General: Representitive Lindsey Graham

Secretary of Health and Human Services: Wisconsin Governor Tommy Thompson

Secretary of Education: Arizona Superintendent of Public Instruction Lisa Keegan

Secretary of Housing and Urban Development: San Deigo Mayor Susan Golding

Secretary of Transportation: Represenatative Tillie Fowler

Secretary of Veterans Affairs: Representative Jack Quinn

Greenfield: President-Elect McCain has continued to fill his cabinet with a mix of moderates and conservatives like expected and its clear from his picks the Senator was to make it clear that he wants to lead a non ideological administration . His most controversial pick here is gonna be Representative Graham due to his rule in President Clinton's impeachment trial but given the fact he is good friends with President-Elect McCain , its not surprise the President-Elect made that pick
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2020, 08:04:53 AM »

Graham and Quinn’s seats are probably safe R for the special elections.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2020, 08:41:56 AM »

Graham and Quinn’s seats are probably safe R for the special elections.

Graham's is definitely safe R. Quinn's district was actually quite Democratic, but he was very popular and had a lot of crossover appeal. I think that one would have a good chance of flipping in a special.

Also I wonder if McCain will pick any Democrats for his cabinet.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2020, 01:58:56 AM »

McCain rounds up his cabinet by selecting his environmental team :

Secretary of Energy: Alaska Senator Frank Murkowski

Secretary of Interior: Former Oregon Senator Mark Hatfield

Secretary of Agriculture: Nebraska Senator Bob Kerrey

EPA Director: Alaska Governor Tony Knowles

Schneider: Well I think this pick means that while the US will move to increase domestic oil production, the President-Elect will balance that by addressing environmental issues too but the question is how the President-Elect handles the balance. Also it will create more or less a team of rivals with Governor Knowles and Senator Murkoski being opposed to each other on many issues so lets see how that goes.

As for Senator Murkoski's replacement, the state legislature in Alaska has passed a bill which has gotten veto proof majority support which while it would still allow the Governor to appoint Senators special elections must be held within 90 days of the vacancy. So while Republicans majority will be cut down to 51-49 , they will have the opportunity in a special election which probably will be held by the first week of may to make it 52-48 once again.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #112 on: August 13, 2020, 03:18:15 PM »

President-Elect McCain officially resigns from the senate and Governor Hull announces that McCain ally, Grant Woods, will fill his vacant senate seat

Source: https://ktar.com/story/2300490/former-republican-arizona-ag-grant-woods-is-now-a-registered-democrat/

Woodruff: Earlier today President-Elect John McCain announced he would resign from the senate as he prepares to take the Presidency next month and called serving in the senate one of his highest honors and thanked many of his friends in the senate as well. With the seat vacant Governor Hull announced former Arizona Attorney general and close ally to President-Elect McCain, Grant Woods would be filling that state's now vacant seat. He will be sworn in on January 3rd 2001.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #113 on: August 14, 2020, 02:01:37 PM »

President-Elect McCain holds first press conference since the election:

Media Member 1: President-Elect McCain many people have noticed that your cabinet is filled with people who differ ideologically so the question many have is how can you ensure that your administration will run smoothly with many differing views

McCain: Many Presidents such as Abraham Lincoln have had very ideologically diverse cabinets which as you know was called the team of rivals and it worked cause while they had differing ideas on how to accomplish a certain goal, the goal was the same and the same is true of the cabinet I picked. The men and women in my cabinet yes have differences but all agree on the goal and thats what important.

Media Member 1: One big difference is for example Senator Murkoski and Governor Knowles disagree a lot on the issue of energy and the environment so wouldnt their policies they set clash

McCain: No cause like I said I believe that we need to strike a good balance between one increasing our energy production here in the US using traditional sources while also protecting our environment. We can and we will do both

Media Member 2: Senator McCain you have said your top priority is passing campaign finance reform, but what are your other priorities for the first 100 days

McCain: Well other than campaign finance reform which will be the top priority of my administration, another priority is getting a budget passed which will one help rebuild our military and two continue to pay of the debt.

Media Member 2: What about some other reforms, what will be your other priorities on that front in your first 100 days

McCain: We will move on multiple fronts at once in that regard and by the end of the first 100 days I expect that the main components of bills such as tax reform, education reform, lowering the price of prescription drugs should be ironed out in the various committees and we should be on the individual details phase of the bills by then.

Media Member 3: Who are some past leaders you plan to look too when you govern this nation

McCain: Well as you know my favorite President is Teddy Roosevelt and I will look towards his presidency and his career to help guide me in the years ahead. I will also look towards my predecessor in the Senate , Barry Goldwater who really helped create the modern conservative movement in  this nation as he stood firm on key principles despite being seemingly alone in the fight for decades but it was thanks to him other leaders such as Ronald Reagan were able to rise and be as successful as they were and I will look towards my state's long time senator for guidance as well.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #114 on: August 15, 2020, 01:18:45 AM »

President Clinton holds final Press Conference:

Media Member 1: President Clinton, when history looks backs say 30-40 years now what would they say would be your biggest accomplishment

Clinton: Well I dont know exactly what history will say but what I do know is that during the past 8 years we were able to create over 23 million jobs , bring 7 million Americans out of poverty, see incomes rise for all Americans and put our nation on path to paying of our national debt.  We also able to reform welfare, expand trade relations with nations all over the world .

Media Member 1: What do you say to critics in your own party who say you were not a Democrat in the tradition of Jackson, FDR and Kennedy.

Clinton: Well I would say thats just not true because what defined our party is not some narrow policy views but the principles in that we put the working people of this nation first and we did as you can see from the historic drop in poverty , record low unemployment and increased home ownership.

Media Member 2: What legislative failure would you say was the biggest during the past 8 years

Clinton: I would say the failure to pass healthcare reform was definitely our biggest failure as our healthcare system does infact not work for many people in this country and we do need to address it and while we were able to pass other reforms such as the Family and Medical Leave Act and CHIP , broader healthcare reform is needed and I hope one day it does pass.

Media Member 2: Did you learn any lessons from it

Clinton: Of Course I did and that is that moving fast and proposing too much change can lead to problems and thats what happened. In hindsight we would have proposed a healthcare reform bill that did not do as many things as fast as then we could have had better chance of getting a bill passed.

Media Member 3: Like President-Elect McCain , 8 years ago you came in as the change candidate do you have an advice you would like to give to the President-Elect

Clinton: That is bringing change is not easy, and there will be many failures but do not lose hope because that is what the forces who are for the status quo want you to do.

Media Member 3: What are some reforms you are excited to see

Clinton: Well I hope the campaign finance reform bill , President-Elect McCain as talked about for years becomes law as doing so is very important in restoring trust in our democracy.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2020, 02:15:20 AM »
« Edited: August 24, 2020, 02:40:21 AM by Old School Republican »

President Clinton's Farewell:

Clinton: My fellow Americans, tonight will be the final time I will speak to you as your President and before I leave office a couple days from now I want to first thank you for giving me the honor twice of representing you as your president . I also want to reflect on the past 8 years as well as give my thoughts about the future of this great nation of ours. 8 years ago when I took office we just came at the end of the cold war and I believed that moment gave us a once in the opportunity to make our nation more prosperous ever. Over the past 8 years we have seen over 23 million jobs been created, millions of people brought up from poverty into the middle class and we saw wages increase across the board for Americans. Our founders believed that we could create an America where the lives of the next generation is better than the life of the previous generation and it is certinatly true today as we will enter this new century more at peace and more prosperous than ever before and I belive that we can continue that tradition going.

To do that we must reform our education system to meet the needs of the 21st century as the only way we can be successful in the future is by educating our next generation which is why over the past 8 years I have pushed to include more instruction about use of computers in school as using a computer becomes more and more an essential skill to have in our economy. We have also expanded the access to the world wide web in our schools and I believe it is essential that every school in our nation can have access to the internet for our education system to be able to meet the needs of this century.

Lastly we must continue to build closer and closer relationships with nations all around the world as the fact is doing so is the best way to keep the peace. Trade helps increase economic ties between nations which in turns reduces tensions between people of nations as well which is a good recipe for peace. While doing so might not seem easy , I can tell you that history has proven time and time again that removing barriers that divide nations around the world increases the prospect of peace just like it has for Western Europe since WW2. As someone who has gotten to know President-Elect McCain for the past few weeks I can tell he will be deeply committed to making sure we can preserve peace around the world and while I may disagree with him on most of the issues , I can tell you that I will be proud to have him represent me as my President because President-Elect McCain is one of the most honorable and decent men I have ever met and I wish him well.

Thank You again, May God Bless You and May God Bless America
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #116 on: August 18, 2020, 08:12:49 AM »

Has Bill Clinton spent the morning of January 20th, 2001 signing pardons a go-go in this timeline?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #117 on: August 18, 2020, 03:01:17 PM »

Has Bill Clinton spent the morning of January 20th, 2001 signing pardons a go-go in this timeline?

He will do that and it will be mentioned in the Inaugration Update
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2020, 02:06:56 AM »

The inauguration of John Sidney McCain :

President Clinton defends controversial pardons on way out of office

Woodruff: President Clinton on his last day signed 140 pardons which in a controversial move included his brother Roger Clinton who was convicted in 1985 of cocaine possession and drug-trafficking. The President defended his action by saying it didnt have anything to do with family relations . These actions though were criticized by many Republican leaders some of which are now calling for reform of the pardon system.

President McCain gives his inaugural speech after new Vice President and President take oath of office:

Danforth Sworn in by Justice Thomas:

Thomas: Senator, put up your right hand and repeat after me

Danforth: I, John Claggett Danforth, do solemnly swear
that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States
against all enemies, foreign and domestic;
that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;
that I take this obligation freely,
without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion;
and that I will well and faithfully discharge
the duties of the office on which I am about to enter.
So help me God.

Thomas: Congratulations, Mr.Vice President

McCain sworn in by Chief Justice Rehnquist :

Rehnquist: Senator, put up your right hand and repeat after me

McCain: I, John Sidney McCain, do solemnly swear
that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States,
and will to the best of my Ability,
preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.
So help me God.

Rehnquist: Congratulations, Mr. President

President McCain gives his inaugural address:

McCain: Mr.Chief Justice, President Clinton, President Bush, President Carter , President Ford and distinguished guests and my fellow Americans , this occasion where we celebrate the peaceful transition of power which thanks to the our founders and the constitution they wrote became common place which before would be considered unthinkable and this inauguration is also a celebration of them(Applause). While we have had many inauguration days that marked the transition from one party to another, or one set of policies to another my hope is history will remember this day as the day where we began our transition from special interest groups and lobbyists to you the people(Applause).

For too long these groups have used their lobbying power and taken advantage of a broken campaign finance system to structure the political debate here in Washington on their terms instead of the terms of the constituents that sent members of Congress to Washington which in turn led to the faith our people had in politics to drop but I can promise you that we will change this broken system(Applasue). While I will be willing to compromise on many issues and policy goals , on this issue there will be no compromise(Applause) as the only way we can reach consensus on many of the problems facing our nation, they won't happen until the interests of the American people is taken into account than the interest of lobbyists(Applause).

Our nation has faced many problems before and many of them far worse then the problems we currently faced but we continued to fix our problems and make our nation a better place and it will be no different now and it will be no different another 200 years from now as well(Applause). Our nation has come a long way in the past 200 years from abolishing the evil practice of  slavery, to expanding voting and civil rights to all Americans, to creating a more prosperous country than any nation in the history of the world but we still have work to do to keep our American Dream alive(Applause). Thank You May God Bless You and May God Bless America
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2020, 11:02:52 AM »

Honestly if the ticket was McCain/Ridge v Gore/Gephardt, I would probably vote McCain

Wasn’t Bob Graham even more conservative than Gephardt so why would you dislike a Gore/Gephardt ticket more than an Gore/Graham one

Just was never a fan of Gephardt
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #120 on: August 24, 2020, 05:41:18 PM »

President McCain signs first 5 executive orders of his presidency:

Executive Order 13198: A 5 year ban on anyone who works in the executive branch from becoming lobbyists after they leave and a permanent ban on them from them becoming lobbyists for a foreign government or foreign country.

Executive Order 13199: A ban on any prospective employee being hired for a job within the executive branch if they sign policy-related pledges to third party groups

Executive Order 13200: A pay freeze on government employees making $125,000 or more annually

Executive Order 13201: A Requirement that any new proposed regulation do a cost-benefit analysis before its implementation and that the analysis be disclosed to the public

Executive Order 13202: Restores President Reagan's Mexico City Policy
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2020, 01:15:47 PM »

All Cabinet Appointees confirmed with easily with exception of  Congressman Graham and Congressman Kasich who get narrowly confirmed

Source: http://www.whitehousemuseum.org/west-wing/cabinet-room.htm

Secretary of State: Colin Powell Confirmed Unanimously
Secretary of Treasury: Robert Lucas Jr Confirmed with a vote of 84 Ayes and 16 Nays
Secretary of Defense: Tom Ridge Confirmed with a vote of 98 Ayes and 2 Nays
Attoreny General: Lindsey Graham Confirmed with a vote of 55 Ayes and 45 Nays
Secretary of Interior: Mark Hatfield Confirmed Unanimously
Secretary of Agriculture: Bob Kerrey Confirmed Unanimously
Secretary of Commerce: George Pataki confirmed Unanimously
Secretary of Labor: John McKernan Confirmed  Unanimously
Secretary of Health and Human Services: Tommy Thompson Confirmed Unanimously
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development:  Susan Golding Confirmed Unanimously
Secretary of Transporation: Tillie Fowler Confirmed Unanimously
Secretary of Energy : Frank Murkoski Confirmed with a vote of 65 Ayes and 35 Nays
Secretary of Education: Lisa Keegan Confirmed with a Vote of 84 Ayes and 16 Nays
Secretary of Veterans Affairs: Jack Quinn Confirmed Unaimously
UN Ambassdor: Condoleezza Rice Confirmed with a Vote of 92 Ayes and 8 Nays
OMB Director: John Kasich Confirmed with a Vote of 56 Ayes and 44 Nays
EPA Director: Tony Knowles Confirmed with a Vote of 97 Ayes and 3 Nays

Dates of Special Elections to fill seats of members of Congress who joined the cabinet :

Alaska Senate:
Date: May 1st
Interim Senator: Dennis Egan
Rating: Lean R

SC-3:
Rating: Safe R

FL-4:
Rating: Safe R

NY-30:
Rating: Lean D

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #122 on: August 26, 2020, 02:36:29 AM »

Senate passes President McCain campaign finance reform proposal by an overwhelming margin

Shaw: The Senate Today passed President McCain's campaign finance reform proposal by an overwhelming 87-13 margin. The reason for this margin many beleive have a large part to do with new RNC Chair basically putting the provisions of this bill into Republican party rules which meant that without this bill the Republicans would not be severely limited in their ability to get soft money while the Democrats would not which incentivized Republican senators to vote for the bill

Woodruff: Here are the main provisions of the bill which also includes other anti corruption measures as well

Main Provisions of Campaign Finance Reform Bill:

- Ban on unregulated soft money to political parties

- requires all contributors to a PAC to be publically disclosed

- crackdown on issue advocacy ads especially

- increase "revolving door restrictions" to ban elected members of congress , their senior staff and other high ranking buercrats from being lobbyists for 5 years and having a lifetime ban on lobbying behalf of foreign governments for life

Shaw: Another reason we suspect why so many Republicans who oppose campaign finance reform voted for this is the fact that Presdient McCain has said he would use his bully pulpit to get this done and many Republicans would not want to be faced with having to face a primary challenger who has their own party president backing. Sill despite this 13 Republicans did vote against this bill and as of now it looks very likely it will pass the house and be signed into law

President McCain remarks about signing campaign finance reform bill after house passes senate bill unchanged

McCain: Thank You, Thank You. For many years many Americas became more and more cynical of our political system and started tuning it out due to the fact that it seemed like lobbyists, and special interest groups were given more attention to by our government than the average American voter and they were right it was. The reason for that was a broken campaign finance system which allowed large special interest groups to donate large sums of money to political parties or PACs which then would spend it on committees , and also the revolving door where high ranking members of our goverment would become lobbyists after their time as politicians. Today thanks to the work done by many in congress, we will finally put an end to that system and return power back from lobbyists and special interest groups to the people

(McCain Signs Bill)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2020, 05:46:14 PM »

President McCain meets with former rival and Texas Governor George W Bush to discuss education reform

Woodruff: For the past few hours , Texas Governor and former Republican primary rival to President McCain George W Bush has been in a meeting with the President and the Education Secretary to discuss education reform. Now lets go there to hear a joint statement

Bush: I want to thank President McCain for holding this meeting today because there is no issue more important in my opinion than making sure our children have a decent education and the fact is our current system isnt working anymore . One of the good parts of our system is that it gives different states a chance to implement certain policy and be a model for what we can do as a nation and I believe the system we have in place in Texas would certainly be a good model. We have been able to move many kids from failing schools into private and charter schools with little to no cost for the family and test scores have proven that system has worked.

McCain: I want to also thank Governor Bush for coming here today because the fact is what Texas has done over the past few years has worked and while of course there are differences in details between implementing on a national level and a state level it is something we should consider implementing. Due to this my adminstration will allow states and local cities to use block grant money for voucher programs if they want.

Keegan: The Department of Education will also begin to work with states to develop state wide testing programs that will allow parents to accurately get an assessment of where their kids are at in their education . We also will be working with the states to find ways where we can create incentives to send the highest quality teachers to the areas in most need of them as that is one of the best ways we can change things.

McCain: That will be all
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #124 on: August 28, 2020, 07:24:00 PM »

Good start for the McCain Administration. They passed campaign finance reform and they seem to be about to adopt education reform Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies