Democratic Alliance Party HQ - Snap July Convention [PARTY PLATFORM ADOPTED] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:10:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic Alliance Party HQ - Snap July Convention [PARTY PLATFORM ADOPTED] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic Alliance Party HQ - Snap July Convention [PARTY PLATFORM ADOPTED]  (Read 6431 times)
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« on: July 07, 2020, 08:33:16 PM »

x AustralianSwingVoter
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 08:41:02 PM »

These are vague platitudes, not a real ideology. The question we need to ask is what real ideology are you trying to disguise? The obvious answer is the same right-wing ideology of the Federalist Party, opposed to our sensible progressive policies.

Or maybe progressive policies while also opposing the single party dominance that the Labor party has?
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 04:04:36 PM »

Aye
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 06:53:59 PM »

A vote for the leadership positions of Party Chair and Vice Chair is now open for 48 hours.

Official Ballot

Chair:

[X] Jimmy7812

Vice Chair:

[X] Ninja0428
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2020, 09:17:09 PM »

I'm strongly opposed to the amendments proposed by Fairbol. And given he isn't even a party member I fail to see why he is trying to completely overhaul our entire platform to suit himself.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 10:02:42 PM »

I support declaring that abortion is a fundamental human right, and women are always best equipped to make decisions about their own bodies.

Sorry, but no.  I understand the whole "my body, my choice" argument....but that's in error, at best.

It is an actual fact that the fetus meets all scientific criteria for a living organism (I'll go into detail if requested to).  That being the case, it is not simply part of a woman's body.

The fetus is a living thing, and thus has the right to life.  Taking away that right is tantamount to murder.

If you want a party that upholds your arch-conservative views then I would suggest you rejoin the Federalist party instead of trying to get us to rewrite our entire platform to suit yourself.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2020, 10:39:44 PM »

If you want a party that upholds your arch-conservative views then I would suggest you rejoin the Federalist party instead of trying to get us to rewrite our entire platform to suit yourself.

Heck of an attitude there.  What, I can't submit amendments now? Contrary to your belief, I'm not trying to rewrite the platform.  I'm merely suggesting changes to the parts of it that I disagree with. 

Since when have non-party members ever been allowed to submit platform amendments in any party? Otherwise every Federalist convention since the dawn of time would be full of Labor trolling over the Federalist platform.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2020, 02:06:22 AM »

Platform Plank #20 Vote

The vote shall last 48 hours.

[X] Option 1
Abortion should be safe, legal, and rare. The right to have access to abortion services should not be restricted to women during their first 20 weeks of pregnancy.

[  ] Option 2
Abortion is a decision best left for the regions to decide, not federal government. It should only be legal in cases of rape, incest or when the mother's life is endangered. Birth control and contraceptives should be free and readily available.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2020, 06:25:49 PM »

For October Convention Location:
To be chosen by IRV

Alliance, OH [ ]

Democrat Point, NY [ ]

Philadelphia, PA [X]
Pages: [1]  
Jump to: