Democratic Alliance Party HQ - Snap July Convention [PARTY PLATFORM ADOPTED] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:18:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic Alliance Party HQ - Snap July Convention [PARTY PLATFORM ADOPTED] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic Alliance Party HQ - Snap July Convention [PARTY PLATFORM ADOPTED]  (Read 6698 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« on: July 17, 2020, 12:01:41 PM »

Adding two of the planks introduced by Blairite:

Economic Policy

- Democratic Alliance is a firm believer in capitalism with regulations necessary to protect consumers and ensure fair business practices where needed.
- Democratic Alliance supports a progressive tax system that promotes financial equity. Tax loopholes need to be closed so that no person can avoid paying the taxes they are supposed to.
- Welfare and social programs must be protected from harmful funding cuts.
- We believe strong stimulus measures are needed in times of economic recession or hardship.
- Limit outsourcing of Atlasian jobs by businesses through fair trade agreements and implement tax repercussions for companies that outsource.
- Expand trade agreements with countries which share Atlasia's values of liberal democracy, strong workers' rights, and environmental protection.
- Pass incentives for businesses to move operations back to Atlasia and create jobs on the home-front.
- The enforcement of anti-monopoly laws should be strengthened and the government should prevent large corporate mergers that are harmful for the consumer.
- Immediately expand assistance programs for struggling businesses and start-up businesses, with emphasis on small businesses and non-corporate farms.
- Rural areas of Atlasia continue to be lacking in basic social services such as healthcare and education. We support increasing investments rural development programs and providing subsidies and relief to ensure that all citizens have access to this.
- Investment in infrastructure development and maintenance to rebuild our crumbling infrastructure will create jobs and modernize Atlasia.
- Increase investments into programs that help communities suffering from economic decline to rebound.
- The High-Speed Rail Act of 2018 should have been passed. We support expanding high-speed rail systems and continual expansion of access to public transportation.

I'm surprised, but this is very good! I didn't expect to see such a positive policy plank. We could work well together.

Some questions: How does DA differentiate theirselves from Labor? What specific changes do you want to implement, like how I campaign for a corona tax or a shorter work week.

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 12:10:39 PM »

Got a few more amendments to propose.  As with the others, additions in blue, deletions in red.  

Economic Policy

- Democratic Alliance is a firm believer in capitalism, with regulations that are necessary to protect consumers and ensure fair business practices where needed.
- Democratic Alliance supports a progressive tax system of limited taxes and federal regulation. that promotes financial equity. Tax loopholes need to be closed so that no person can avoid paying the taxes they are supposed to.
- Taxation and regulation should be made simpler, and easier to understand.  
- Welfare and social programs must be focused on helping those who cannot work, rather than those who can, but choose not to protected from harmful funding cuts.
- Limit outsourcing of Atlasian jobs by businesses through fair trade agreements and implement tax repercussions for companies that outsource.
- Pass incentives for businesses to move operations back to Atlasia and create jobs on the home-front.
- The enforcement of anti-monopoly laws should be strengthened and the government should prevent excessively large corporate mergers that are harmful for the consumer.
- Immediately expand assistance programs for struggling businesses and start-up businesses, with emphasis on small businesses and non-corporate farms.
- Rural areas of Atlasia continue to be lacking in basic social services such as healthcare and education. We support increasing investments rural development programs and providing subsidies and relief to ensure that all citizens have access to this.
- Investment in infrastructure development and maintenance to rebuild our crumbling infrastructure will create jobs and modernize Atlasia.
- Increase investments into programs that help communities suffering from economic decline to rebound.
- The High-Speed Rail Act of 2018 should have been passed. We support expanding high-speed rail systems and continual expansion of community access to public transportation.

Regarding the first line, my amendment is strictly grammar-based.  The sentence should have a comma in it.  Smiley

Also, I find the language of "where needed" to be redundant...we've already said that regulations are "necessary", which means the same thing as "needed".  

On the issue of assistance programs, I find that the first line dealing with it..."immediately expand...farms" is also redundant.  The language "increase investments...rebound" should be sufficient, IMHO.  
I disagree strongly with your amendments. I'm not a member of DA, but with such an initial platform, we could very well work together, though i'd like to see more focus on the environment.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 05:27:28 AM »

Environmental Policy

- Democratic Alliance views global warming as a serious issue, and believes actions must be taken to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases. This includes investment in clean energy development and production, especially in areas with economies based around fossil fuels.
- By incentivizing private businesses, Atlasia can continue to innovate and develop more green infrastructure and technologies, and create good paying jobs.
- Protecting public lands and waters, and the wildlife that live in them is important for the future of Atlasia. Balancing development with these goals will be key to ensure our environment will be protected for future generations.

Approved
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies