HB 25-02: Repeal of the Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:53:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 25-02: Repeal of the Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HB 25-02: Repeal of the Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act (Debating)  (Read 3592 times)
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« on: August 27, 2020, 05:26:13 PM »

As my predecessor was the sponsor I motion to take sponsorship of this bill.

The amendment having been withdrawn, the question posed is closed without resolution as moot. Debate resumes.

Or not in this case as there has been jack said on this bill for well over a month. Gee, and the Southern Chamber gets grief for inactivity.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 08:57:35 PM »

I object to the motion to table and to a final vote.

I propose the following amendment to the bill

Quote from: Repeal of the Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act Amendment Proposal
HOUSE BILL

Repeal of the Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act

To repeal the misguided and ineffective assault weapons ban.

Be it enacted by both houses of the Congress of Atlasia

Findings
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. The Federal government recognizes the right to keep and bear arms in the republic of Atlasia is a fundamental right and therefore the Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act are hereby repealed.

All parts of the Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act are hereby repealed.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 09:18:38 PM »

It seems the honorable gentleman, finds rights and freedoms to be somewhat of a laughing matter.

May I enquiry of the honorable gentlemen what in particular he is objecting to?
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 10:50:13 PM »

Nay
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2020, 11:19:49 PM »

I object to your unnecessary amendment wasting this House's time. If the Rep. would do the bare minimum and offer some justification for his proposed changes, they may be more well-received.

No, this House does not find that assault weapons are a fundamental right. This House believes widespread assault weapons ownership is a public health hazard.

It's hardly an unnecessary amendment. It actually adds to this bill an explanatory reason for the repeal of these anti freedom and anti firearms bills. Rather than simply repeal without context. If the honorable representative is too blind to see that, I may not be able to help him with reading and comprehension classes. As this Bills sponsor it's my duty to see that it is in the best possible state before being put to a vote. Which is why I voted objected to your motion to table which you since changed to a motion for a final vote which I also objected to. Hardly wasting this House's time to do one's job by improving a bill. All Y'all have wasted more of the time of this House by doing nothing with this bill for a over a month.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2020, 01:17:50 AM »

Representative, this pandemic has been a rough time for everyone.
I'll quote the honorable gentleman to himself.
Your condescension is noted and highly appreciated.

There is no shame in resigning a position, that one, due to circumstances beyond one's control, can no longer perform to the best of their ability. In fact that is the honorable thing to do. Would you not agree?

Now if this bill has been such a waste of time for this house why did the honorable Representative not make this motion for a final vote at anytime during the entirety of the last month before I became sponsor? Mr. Deputy Speaker, If the honorable gentleman who clearly believes that this shouldn't even be on the floor of the house for discussion, didn't have the wherewithal to do this in the last month. Now sees that I am the sponsor motions to table then edits his post to change it to a motion for a final vote. I don't see why doing so now, trumps my efforts to improve a bill that I am currently the Sponsor of. A bill, the honorable representative, has only now. Now that I've replaced my predecessor as sponsor. Only now does the honorable gentleman remember that this bill is "wasting this House's time". One post, Mr. Deputy Speaker. One post. That was all the honorable gentleman needed to do in the last month in this thread. Might the honorable representative, to use his own words, done... He'd not have to put up with me trying to serve my nation by trying to improve this freedom bill.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2020, 01:42:24 AM »

Quote from: Deputy Speraker Ted Bessell
It is now in order to consider pending amendments. We shall consider the amendment proposed by Representative Muad'dib.

Quote from: Repeal of the Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act Amendment Proposal
HOUSE BILL

Repeal of the Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act

To repeal the misguided and ineffective assault weapons ban.

Be it enacted by both houses of the Congress of Atlasia

Findings
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. The Federal government recognizes the right to keep and bear arms in the republic of Atlasia is a fundamental right and therefore the Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act are hereby repealed.

All parts of the Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act are hereby repealed.

A vote is now open on the adoption of this amendment. Representatives shall have 72 hours to vote, or 24 hours from whenever the amendment attains majority support or opposition.

Aye
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2020, 04:56:20 AM »

Guys, we have a Congressional Discussion Thread for this Tongue
it’s more common now just to debate it in the thread itself, I guess you’ve been gone for awhile

I hope a future President MB will see the value of this Freedom bill.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2020, 01:28:13 AM »

AYE
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies