Opinion of John Dule
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:39:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of John Dule
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Opinion of this abrasive poster
FF
HP
Neutral
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Opinion of John Dule  (Read 1694 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2020, 02:18:37 PM »

FF. Fighting the good fight against the tyranny of the humorless and unimaginative.

This. I'll note with a caveat that I've never heard of, let alone read, any of his alleged Anti trans rants. Hope that's an aberration he can get over if true.

Secondly, major shame on the OP for creating a neutral option. Such Nuance in these polls is grossly violative of forum tradition, outside saving it for the comments themselves.

Its really not an anti trans rant by any sane measure anywhere but atlas.

It was taking one joke from Monty Python and getting moderated and making some debate in the TERF thread/JK rowling.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2020, 02:22:44 PM »

I don't subscribe to the belief that gender is different from sex. Honestly, if that's our biggest area of disagreement, I must be doing something wrong. I have much, much more objectionable views than that.
Of course it's (probably) not our biggest area of disagreement (For God's sake, you're a libertarian!). It's just the one that rubs off on me the most, albeit for admittedly selfish reasons.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2020, 02:47:37 PM »

Problematic fave.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2020, 02:54:34 PM »

I don't subscribe to the belief that gender is different from sex. Honestly, if that's our biggest area of disagreement, I must be doing something wrong. I have much, much more objectionable views than that.
Of course it's (probably) not our biggest area of disagreement (For God's sake, you're a libertarian!). It's just the one that rubs off on me the most, albeit for admittedly selfish reasons.

Regardless, I hope you understand that this does not equate to a denial of your humanity. I like your posts on this site; you might be a bit more focused on social issues than I am, but you take dissenting opinions in stride and have a good sense of humor. I've said before (and I will say again) that I would refer to you by whatever pronouns you want if we met in person, for the same reason that I might say grace with Fuzzy Bear if I were to have dinner over at his house. Perhaps I don't personally share your beliefs, but I would still extend the courtesy for an individual who I genuinely respect.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2020, 03:01:35 PM »

Politics aside (and even those aren't really that awful), FF, pretty clever and fresh.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2020, 03:02:35 PM »

Regardless, I hope you understand that this does not equate to a denial of your humanity. I like your posts on this site; you might be a bit more focused on social issues than I am, but you take dissenting opinions in stride and have a good sense of humor. I've said before (and I will say again) that I would refer to you by whatever pronouns you want if we met in person, for the same reason that I might say grace with Fuzzy Bear if I were to have dinner over at his house. Perhaps I don't personally share your beliefs, but I would still extend the courtesy for an individual who I genuinely respect.
Then there's hope for you yet. Tongue
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2020, 11:22:08 PM »

FF for the memes. I haven’t seen him make any OC memes, but I’m sure they’re great if he’s made any.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2020, 12:08:42 AM »

Then there's hope for you yet. Tongue

Nah, he's as hopeless as the rest of us.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2020, 05:57:47 AM »

FF, possibly the best libertarian poster here.

im offended
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2020, 08:28:21 AM »

Trust me, you don't even make the top 50, and I think there's only about twenty such posters.
The Simpsons Cinematic Universe
MustCrushCapitalism
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -2.78

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2020, 08:33:01 AM »

FF, or at least not HP. Although I have largely disagreed with him in past discussions, he has genuine convictions that I understand and appreciate.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2020, 04:34:43 PM »

Good guy! FF.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2020, 05:36:26 PM »

Moving in the right direction!

Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2020, 05:42:16 PM »

You’re becoming a Forum Institution.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2020, 10:22:49 PM »

An interesting fellow that has successfully made himself stand out through notoriety. While I disagree heavily with this poster, I have to note that his persistence and rhetorical skills aides him in every debate, no matter how inane or abhorrent. He’s also skilled at riling up people across the forum in a way that uniquely does not weaken his standing.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2020, 02:15:31 AM »

Yay, I'm going to be institutionalized!
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2020, 10:15:39 PM »

Well, you've got a nice little institution right there don't ya'?
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2020, 10:32:17 PM »

Good. He's funny, creative, intelligent, and self-aware (although perhaps not quite enough). His politics aren't even really that bad considering how he identifies politically. He makes good posts more often than he does bad ones.

With that said he still has some annoying features. He adheres to libertarian-as-identity despite arguing desperately against identitarian politics. There's still a very annoyingly smug "debate me coward" quality to him which mysteriously disappears when he is met with a challenge that doesn't fall right along the axis he is interested in debating on at a given point in time. I'm not sure why he still clings to persuasion as a meaningful vehicle when that's been pretty well discredited on several fronts in his time here.

All in all, he's an FF. He's a breath of fresh air, albeit one that still smells slightly like a fart. But, considering what this place usually smells like, that's a marked improvement.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2020, 11:57:01 AM »

Genius.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to: