Alternate Timeline: The first ever worldwide elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:55:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  International What-ifs (Moderator: Dereich)
  Alternate Timeline: The first ever worldwide elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alternate Timeline: The first ever worldwide elections  (Read 2533 times)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« on: July 12, 2020, 12:12:40 PM »
« edited: July 12, 2020, 12:19:50 PM by Hatman 🍁 »

Biden would not be a candidate.

If there were a "capitalist party" (lol), someone like Angela Merkel would probably be a front runner.  Of course, there'd be a plethora of parties, and I doubt there would be 2 candidates who would emerge as front runners.  

Here are some possible presidential candidates/parties:

Communist: Who knows, but I'll give Xi to you
Progressive: Maybe Jacinda Ardern? Maybe you'd get a broad tent party fighting off challenges against people like Evo Morales in a primary. Joko Widodo is another possibility.
Liberal: Obama! He'd be a front runner world wide too. If he doesn't want to get back in to politics, then there's always Trudeau or Macron.
Conservative: Merkel would be the front runner here. Does Boris challenge her? This might be a big tent party like the Progressives, as you could have soft nationalists like Modi in this camp.
Nationalist: Trump or Putin, take your pick. Some others that could run include Netanyahu, Orban, Le Pen, Bolsonaro, Erdogan, etc. Does Duterte fit in this group?

My list is very Euro-centric of course. Quite possible someone from other parts of the world would run too.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies