Pelosi, Biden say there is a difference between removing Confederate leaders, past presidents (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:10:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Pelosi, Biden say there is a difference between removing Confederate leaders, past presidents (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pelosi, Biden say there is a difference between removing Confederate leaders, past presidents  (Read 2636 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: July 03, 2020, 07:57:22 AM »

The question we have to ask is if they built their careers and legacy around violence against this nation or its modern inhabitants. We shouldn't be celebrating those people.

For example, Woodrow Wilson was a racist but that wasn't what his legacy was. His legacy was beginning the creation of the global financial system, the notion of world peace being something that should be actively pursued, and that the government should be restructured to be more relevant and responsive to change.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 05:08:19 PM »

They actually picked a really good triangulation point here.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 08:52:34 AM »

Going to Charlotte to get my stuff this weekend, I was reminded that the army training base north of Columbia is named Fort Jackson and that a major parkway in Columbia, SC is named Strom Thurmond parkway. I definitely think Strom Thurmond's name should be taken off of things but I am unsure about Jackson's but am swinging towards thinking it should be renamed. On one hand Jackson destroyed whole nations people and disobeyed the Court in doing so. On the other, he was a war hero who also was a major proponent of popular sovereignty/Democracy and who also violently demanded national unity.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies