How to teach future generations about Covid-19 and 2020 year
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:50:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  How to teach future generations about Covid-19 and 2020 year
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to teach future generations about Covid-19 and 2020 year  (Read 213 times)
American2020
CĂ´te d'Ivoire

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 11, 2020, 09:53:09 AM »

Imagine most of millennials will become seniors and their drand children go to high school and college.

What will they learn about covid-19 and 2020 year ?

What will be the lessons for the future generations ?

How will they feel about it ?

How a History Textbook Would Describe 2020 So Far

History never ends. But history textbooks must. As deadlines for new editions loom, every textbook writer lurches to a sudden stop. The last chapter always ends in uncertainty: unfinished and unresolved. I’ve experienced this many times myself, as a co-author on several history textbooks.

By now it seems clear that we are all living through a major turning point in history, one that will be studied for years to come. Future textbook authors will write entries on the year 2020, revise them, and revise them some more with each new edition. What follows is an attempt at—literally—a first draft of history: what I might write if I were wrapping up the last chapter of a high-school history textbook right now.

https://www.theatlantic.com/family/archive/2020/07/history-textbook-entry-year-2020/613885/
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 10:13:24 AM »

Considering what climate change is going to do to their lives at our hands, they're going to laugh their asses off at us suffering through a pandemic and depression.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 11:12:24 AM »

Imagine most of millennials will become seniors and their drand children go to high school and college.

What will they learn about covid-19 and 2020 year ?

What will be the lessons for the future generations ?

How will they feel about it ?

How a History Textbook Would Describe 2020 So Far

History never ends. But history textbooks must. As deadlines for new editions loom, every textbook writer lurches to a sudden stop. The last chapter always ends in uncertainty: unfinished and unresolved. I’ve experienced this many times myself, as a co-author on several history textbooks.

By now it seems clear that we are all living through a major turning point in history, one that will be studied for years to come. Future textbook authors will write entries on the year 2020, revise them, and revise them some more with each new edition. What follows is an attempt at—literally—a first draft of history: what I might write if I were wrapping up the last chapter of a high-school history textbook right now.

https://www.theatlantic.com/family/archive/2020/07/history-textbook-entry-year-2020/613885/
There won't be textbooks. Schools in the sense we think of them will no longer exist. More inquisitive children will click on links about 2020, and find dead links. 401.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 12:59:48 PM »

Certainly the utter lack of leadership and disastrous response by Donald J. Trump will be taught and used as an example of what NOT to do in the next pandemic.

His response will also seal his fate as the absolute worst president in US history.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 01:07:57 PM »

Considering what climate change is going to do to their lives at our hands, they're going to laugh their asses off at us suffering through a pandemic and depression.

Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2020, 03:42:30 PM »

Certainly the utter lack of leadership and disastrous response by Donald J. Trump will be taught and used as an example of what NOT to do in the next pandemic.

His response will also seal his fate as the absolute worst president in US history.

James Buchanan, anyone?
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2020, 04:09:11 PM »

Donald Trump will go down as one of America's worst and corrupt Presidents and a laughing stock.
American2020
CĂ´te d'Ivoire

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2020, 04:28:59 PM »

I add a slogan for the next generations: Plus Jamais ce genre de présidence (No More this kind of presidency).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies