Vladimir Putin Gets to Stay in Power for (At Least) Another Sixteen Years (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:13:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Vladimir Putin Gets to Stay in Power for (At Least) Another Sixteen Years (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vladimir Putin Gets to Stay in Power for (At Least) Another Sixteen Years  (Read 1496 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 04, 2020, 09:51:55 AM »

I doubt Putin intends to stay in office as President until 2036. The passage of this amendment simply kicks the ‘2024 question’ into touch for a goodly while, which will give Putin the time to work out some sort of exit strategy for himself. Probably the best solution, rather than having some internecine power struggle for the Presidency over the next four years.

I don't know that the track record shows he or his people are capable of finding a satisfactory exit strategy. There's been some commentary on how Kremlin machinations have grown increasingly crude.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 12:03:05 PM »

Now that I think about it, Ukrainians should be grateful for the Soviet Union, the Soviets gave them Polish territories (Including Lwow), Bessarabia, and Crimea.

...Bessarabia is Moldova, though, no...?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 04:28:17 PM »

Now that I think about it, Ukrainians should be grateful for the Soviet Union, the Soviets gave them Polish territories (Including Lwow), Bessarabia, and Crimea.

...Bessarabia is Moldova, though, no...?

Its coastal region Budjak became part of Ukraine, making Moldova a landlocked country.

Fascinating!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies