Liz Cheney as a Trump critic
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:16:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Liz Cheney as a Trump critic
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Liz Cheney as a Trump critic  (Read 405 times)
Roll Roons
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 01, 2020, 02:45:28 PM »

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/30/cheney-takes-on-trump-346089

Recently, Liz Cheney has become a more vocal critic of Trump. Could this cause her problems in the Republican primary?
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 02:51:10 PM »

Hopefully. I don’t care which Republican primaries her, anybody is better than a Cheney
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 03:38:23 PM »

Is there a reason she hasn’t received a major primary challenge three times in a row now? There’s no shortage of Republicans in Wyoming and I have a hard time believing that there’s no one who could muster the resources necessary to give her a run for her money, but my impression has been that people are genuinely afraid of running against her. Sven?
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 05:12:42 PM »

Is there a reason she hasn’t received a major primary challenge three times in a row now? There’s no shortage of Republicans in Wyoming and I have a hard time believing that there’s no one who could muster the resources necessary to give her a run for her money, but my impression has been that people are genuinely afraid of running against her. Sven?

I'd have guessed any primary challenger would instantly earn the ire of some very powerful friends of the Cheneys within the Republican Party.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 05:28:14 PM »

Recently, Liz Cheney has become a more vocal critic of Trump. Could this cause her problems in the Republican primary?
No, it won't cause her any problems. Liz Cheney probably angling for House Speakership if Republicans get the House back in 2022 and they will get it back if Biden falls for these ultra leftist Legislations particularly House Democrats proposing.

That 100 Trillion Relief Bill, the new Green Deal, D. C. Statehood, etc.

That is going to fire up a lot of Republicans and not just Trump Supporters but also #NeverTrumpers as well.

That Democratic Congressional Majority in both Houses will be very shortlived I can guarantee you that if Biden/Pelosi/Schumer bow to the wishes of the Progressive Wing of their Party. Heck, that's gonna be a great fun to watch as a Republican the next four years. I almost want them to go full bore left 2021 and 2022 if they control Washington so that we can rebound.

Coming back to your Question I would like Liz to become Speaker and not boring Kevin McCarthy. Kevin doesn't have the guts to do it.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 05:37:22 PM »

No, it won't cause her any problems. Liz Cheney probably angling for House Speakership if Republicans get the House back in 2022 and they will get it back if Biden falls for these ultra leftist Legislations particularly House Democrats proposing.

That 100 Trillion Relief Bill, the new Green Deal, D. C. Statehood, etc.

That is going to fire up a lot of Republicans and not just Trump Supporters but also #NeverTrumpers as well.

That Democratic Congressional Majority in both Houses will be very shortlived I can guarantee you that if Biden/Pelosi/Schumer bow to the wishes of the Progressive Wing of their Party. Heck, that's gonna be a great fun to watch as a Republican the next four years. I almost want them to go full bore left 2021 and 2022 if they control Washington so that we can rebound.

Coming back to your Question I would like Liz to become Speaker and not boring Kevin McCarthy. Kevin doesn't have the guts to do it.

Lmao
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 03:49:25 AM »

If it wasn’t for her surname she’d probably be a viable presidential candidate in the future given that she’s been actually standing up to Trump and trying to help the country. As is I’d say she ought to be the next GOP house leader.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 11:28:58 AM »

Sven’s been muted and is likely about to taste the banhammer, so he won’t be able to give his insights.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies