Community (TV Show) fans?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:58:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Community (TV Show) fans?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Community (TV Show) fans?  (Read 516 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 01, 2020, 02:47:29 AM »

I just finished binging Community, and absolutely loved it.

Anyone here watched it/wanna discuss it?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 03:20:09 AM »

Watched the 1st four seasons. Abed and the timelines / darkest timelime are definitely the highlights. It takes serious writing talent to make the viewer somewhat like and kind-of sometimes root for a piece of s___ like Jeff.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 07:58:56 AM »

It's (probably) my favorite live action TV comedy of all time.  The worst episode of Community is twice as good as the best episode of, say, The Big Bang Theory.  I was a fan of Joel McCale from The Soup, so I was excited about the show before it even aired and was a big fan from go.  No show is more streets ahead than Community.  There should have been less Chang and more Troy and Abed, but other than that, the show is pretty much perfect.  Hopefully we'll get a movie in a year or three.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 08:22:27 AM »

Watched part of it with a housemate c. 2016. For reasons I can't fully explain, I began watching it from the start a few weeks ago and it has gripped my mind like a vise. On S6 now, which has sadly seen the departure of what appear to be 3 characters, but such is life. It was in the third episode, where Abed makes his first movie, that I realized "this is more than just comedy." For very similar reasons the S2 Christmas episode was very touching (and I really love Abed episodes in general). But having "meaningful" episodes in no way detracts from the downright hilarity of the entire ensemble. If only we could all stumble so organically into full on simulated post-apocalyptic paintball/pillow-blanket/floor-lava combat!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 09:14:48 AM »

Yes but I don't like the "special" episodes where suddenly everyone is a cartoon or claymation or whatever.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 11:36:17 AM »

I watched until the 2013 season but just never finished it
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 02:22:59 PM »

I just finished it like a month a go. It's pretty good, but not exceptional. The first three seasons were fantastic but then it completely fell apart without Troy and Shirley.
anthonyjg
anty1691

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -7.48

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2020, 02:36:33 PM »

It's incredible, I'm about halfway through season 5 right now.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2020, 02:49:03 PM »

I don't really like it I think it's just dumb maybe I just don't understand it.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2020, 04:12:02 PM »

How many seasons were there? 6 I believe
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2020, 04:17:04 PM »

It's (probably) my favorite live action TV comedy of all time.  The worst episode of Community is twice as good as the best episode of, say, The Big Bang Theory.  I was a fan of Joel McCale from The Soup, so I was excited about the show before it even aired and was a big fan from go.  No show is more streets ahead than Community.  There should have been less Chang and more Troy and Abed, but other than that, the show is pretty much perfect.  Hopefully we'll get a movie in a year or three.
Nah, the best TV comedy of all time was Roseanne.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2020, 04:32:52 PM »

The best TV show of all time is Parks and Rec and that's not up for debate.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2020, 04:36:47 PM »

It very much is up for debate.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2020, 04:48:46 PM »

Joel McHale's performance was really good, and I think my favorite character was either Britta or Jeff. Britta made me laugh the most, but Jeff definitely changed for the better the most.

And the "six different timelines" episode was just fantastic.
anthonyjg
anty1691

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -7.48

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2020, 10:44:10 PM »

NBC’s lineup of Community, Parks and Rec, The Office, and 30 Rock is pretty surreal looking back on it.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2020, 11:19:51 PM »

Just popped into my YouTube recommendations. Classic.

Jesus Loves Marijuana

KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2020, 06:05:49 AM »

I haven't gone out of my way to watch any episodes myself, but I often sat down on my computer next to my mom and watched along when she watched the show. Gotta say, I love it. The humor's not too forced, the characters are colorful, the scripts are well-written, it's just a phenomenal show.

Although, I will say that it fell a little flat when Yvette Nicole-Brown and Chevy Chase left the show. While the show wasn't the same without them, Pierce's "special complimentary gift" scene was probably one of the best moments of television history, hands down.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2020, 02:06:02 PM »

It's probably my second-favorite comedy after the Simpsons, and I think I've watched every episode at least three times. I think its peak was from about the midway point of the first season to the end of the third season, but even the worst season (season 4) was pretty good.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2020, 02:54:01 PM »

Awesome show. So well acted.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies