Scott for Senate [Take... 9?)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:18:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Scott for Senate [Take... 9?)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Scott for Senate [Take... 9?)  (Read 1552 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2020, 04:59:19 PM »

Congrats Scott!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2020, 05:47:16 PM »

Our police reform bill is on the floor and the election is now ongoing!  Like in July, this election will be very close, so please be sure to vote this weekend and don't forget to vote Ted for Senate!

Vote now
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2020, 11:38:43 PM »
« Edited: August 23, 2020, 11:41:56 PM by Scott🦋 »

What a race, my friends.  At the end of Friday it looked very well that I could be the odd man out in this election, and with the election finally concluded it appears I received a plurality in first-preference votes!

Congratulations to all the winners of this weekend's elections, and especially to those who will be joining this next government in Denver.  My condolences go to Koopa for her loss this evening.  Koopa has long been a dedicated public servant to this Commonwealth and in every capacity she's served.  I certainly look forward to seeing her involvement again soon.

Now on a minor note with regard to civility, I will only say that it would be nice if some of us could be as graceful in victory as some of us are in defeat.

Moving on from that, I have decided that I will be running for Speaker as MP Oregon Blue Dog prepares to hand over the gavel next session.  With only the budget and a new police reform bill currently on the floor, it is imperative that we dedicate this session to activity.  We are still in the midst of a great plague, and the trust between communities and those entrusted to protect them are yet to be mended.  And police reform, in particular, is something I feel confident in saying we might find unanimous agreement in entering this next session.

Congratulations to FM Truman, Senator-elect Ted, and all of our victors this weekend.  And I wish the best of luck to Vice President Sestak as he steps down from his job at the White House.  I trust that President Pericles will pick a successor qualified to take his place from this point forward.

Dave bless you, Dave bless this Commonwealth, and Dave bless the Republic of Atlasia.  Thank you all, and good night.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2020, 12:22:14 AM »

Congrats on your victory! I’m excited to work in parliament with someone so iconic as a famed and successful politician.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2020, 12:32:50 AM »

Awesome! Can't wait to see what you do in Parliament.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2020, 02:33:57 AM »
« Edited: September 18, 2020, 02:40:25 AM by Scott🦋 »

Since Yankee is keeping track of all government offices, including ones for regional legislatures, I suppose I'll be using this thread for my office as MFP and Speaker as well as my campaign thread.

First Minister Truman was sadly unavailable to open the voting booth for this weekend's by-election, so I have invoked my constitutional powers to open the booth on his behalf and extend the voting deadline.

This election is competitive, so hopefully we can close the weekend with some good turnout!

To both our candidates, I wish you the best!

Additionally, I would like to thank both the Parliament and the Atlasian Congress on quickly and unanimously passing urgent relief funds for the states in our Commonwealth affected by the ongoing wildfires. These companion bills, which both await executive action, will provide matching funds to states to both extinguish current fires and devise a forest-thinning strategy for the prevention of future wildfires.

I would like to especially thank MP Oregon Blue Dog, for drafting the original bill in Parliament.

Parliament Speaker
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2020, 06:31:31 PM »

Scott tours Cheyenne, Wyoming, and holds a socially distanced, livestreamed rally for an official announcement

Folks, it's good to be back.

As most of you know, I have had some setbacks in my personal life. This ultimately led to me abandoning my post as Speaker of the Frémont House of Commons and deregistering from the game. But during my absence, I realized that Atlasia embraces something that the people of small states and cities are very familiar with: family, and a shared sense of brotherhood.

I am therefore officially announcing my intention to again seek the office of MP. While I understand some might prefer not to run as a kind gesture to my recent trauma, I realize that no one is entitled to this seat. And whether I receive an opponent or not, I fully intend on running a 100% positive campaign on my return to Denver.

Wyoming Labor knows its people. Wyoming Labor supports the right of the people to own and carry firearms, for sport, for protection, and for hunting. Wyoming Labor supports building the infrastructure necessary to accommodate the people who inhabit this great state and embrace this unique lifestyle. Make no mistake: Wyoming has a friend in Labor.

And I'd like to use this opportunity to talk about a certain bill being considered in Nyman - one which would set a federal 15% tax on cannabis in addition to regional taxes. And this law would make it increasingly difficult for Denver to resolve its budgetary issues if Nyman chooses to double-tax regions where cannabis is already taxed.

But overtaxing any product will easily drive it down to the black market almost as much as outright banning it. Make no mistake: we cannot afford this tax. The people of Frémont cannot afford this tax.

I fully intend to use my position as MP to advocate for the interests of our state and region both locally and federally. With the help of Oregon Blue Dog, I fought for both regional and federal relief to areas affected by wildfires.

The city of Cheyenne, along with the rest of our state, has much to offer. And we need advocates who will protect our natural resources and conserve the Wyoming way of life.

This October, vote Labor up and down the ballot. Vote for the people and the party who know the state best.

And if I am fortunate enough to return to Denver, I can assure you that I will never abandon my roots.

Dave bless you all. Dave bless this state. Dave bless Frémont. Dave bless this great Republic.

1. https://www.budgettravel.com/article/cheyenne-wyoming-guide

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2020, 06:36:23 PM »

Welcome back! Strongly Endorsed!
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2020, 10:38:08 PM »

Wonderful to have you back Scott. Endorsed!

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2020, 11:27:00 PM »

Endorsed as always, my friend.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2020, 11:30:49 PM »

obvs endorsed
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2020, 11:31:44 PM »

Endorsed!!
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2020, 11:32:22 PM »

ABSOLUTE CHAD

FF ENDROSED
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2020, 09:31:16 AM »

Endorsed!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2020, 11:31:25 AM »

Endorsed!
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2020, 09:13:41 PM »

So glad my first vote will be for this absolute king :')
charlottegaze
Rookie
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2020, 09:58:33 PM »

Endorsed
Joey1996

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2020, 10:04:11 PM »

Endorsed
Pedocon Theory is not a theory
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.61

P

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2020, 10:38:56 PM »

Endorsed
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2020, 01:40:34 AM »

Polls are now open! While both the Senate and Parliament by-election are currently uncontested, I urge all Frémonters to go to the polls and make their voices heard. And don't forget to stick with proven leadership and vote Labor up and down the ballot!
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2020, 11:52:07 PM »

Welcome back to parliament!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2020, 12:04:42 AM »

Thank you all!

Today, we continue the work of the people and hold Denver accountable to the public it serves.

Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2020, 02:39:35 AM »

Congrats! Can't wait to see what's in store.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2020, 07:30:23 PM »

While a special election is yet to be called, today I am officially announcing my candidacy for Vice President Ted's vacant Senate seat. I intend not be appointed in the interim, but to earn this seat by way of election.

This month I intend to tour the Commonwealth, as well as other states, to promote Labor candidates up and down the ballot in addition to my bid for the Senate race. I believe at this time that my positions and priorities are well-known, but I open the thread to any questions, comments, endorsements, or birthday presents.

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2020, 07:48:43 PM »

Proudly endorsed!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length