Rate CO-03
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:25:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Rate CO-03
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: ^
Safe D

Likely D

Lean D

Tilt D

Tossup

Tilt R

Lean R

Likely R

Safe R

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 93

Author Topic: Rate CO-03  (Read 2369 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2020, 01:11:49 AM »

Lean R. It’s a better pick-up opportunity now, but it’s still a pretty Republican-leaning district.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2020, 03:42:58 AM »

She seems nice.

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2020, 08:32:17 AM »
« Edited: July 01, 2020, 08:35:19 AM by Ishan »

She's also been endorsed by Salvini, that Italian politician from the party which is failing.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2020, 08:43:24 AM »

Lean R but closer to Likely than Tossup

I'd say Boebert+4 or something like that
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2020, 09:23:33 AM »

What would a Democratic presidency be without a literal right-wing nut job pushing cooky conspiracy theories on the floor of Congress. She will win, unless there is a legitimate write-in campaign or a near-universal disavowal by the Republican Party.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2020, 09:28:02 AM »

What would a Democratic presidency be without a literal right-wing nut job pushing cooky conspiracy theories on the floor of Congress. She will win, unless there is a legitimate write-in campaign or a near-universal disavowal by the Republican Party.
Tbh that was only during Obama, there was no one like that under Clinton or Carter lol
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2020, 09:40:23 AM »

Ds and Rs voted nearly 50/50 in the primary yesterday in CO-03
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2020, 09:41:34 AM »
« Edited: July 01, 2020, 09:46:31 AM by Roll Roons »

Tbh that was only during Obama, there was no one like that under Clinton or Carter lol

Look up Larry McDonald and Helen Chenoweth. Unfortunately, far-right nutjob conspiracy theorists in Congress have been a thing for much longer than you'd think.

Even though he was technically a (very, very conservative) Democrat, it also fits that McDonald's district includes a lot of the same territory as the one that Marjorie Taylor Greene is running for.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2020, 09:50:30 AM »

From Wikipedia:

“Much was made of her "insistence" on the title "Congressman Chenoweth," (as opposed to the more common "Congresswoman")”

bruh
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2020, 09:58:48 AM »

From Wikipedia:

“Much was made of her "insistence" on the title "Congressman Chenoweth," (as opposed to the more common "Congresswoman")”

bruh
The Blackburn rule, I see.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2020, 10:00:25 AM »

Boebert is awful candidate, and in D+8-10 environment this seat will flip. Lean D

Walker Stapleton won this district by 4 points. I really don’t think it’s going to flip.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2020, 10:01:51 AM »

Look up Larry McDonald and Helen Chenoweth. Unfortunately, far-right nutjob conspiracy theorists in Congress have been a thing for much longer than you'd think.

Even though he was technically a (very, very conservative) Democrat, it also fits that McDonald's district includes a lot of the same territory as the one that Marjorie Taylor Greene is running for.

Maybe if Greene and Boebert get elected they'll start a Q Caucus.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2020, 10:29:41 AM »

I'm gonna say Lean R, but somewhat closer to Tossup than Likely R.

1. Boebert herself just makes this thing more competitive, lol.

2. Large cash gap between DMB and Boebert.

3. There were almost as many Democratic primary votes as Republican primary votes.

4. The national climate is looking no better for the GOP this year. In fact, it's arguably worse than in 2018.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2020, 10:35:00 AM »

Boebert is awful candidate, and in D+8-10 environment this seat will flip. Lean D

Walker Stapleton won this district by 4 points. I really don’t think it’s going to flip.

Uhhhh, that's evidence that this district absolutely could flip.

I am from here. This idea that "rural America" or the "white working class" is a monolithic community is just not the case. This district has plenty of wealthy and educated voters in La Plata and Garfield counties who regularly vote GOP that could easily waffle on this nutjob.

It's a tossup right now. And if Republicans don't treat it as such, Democrats will definitely win the seat.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2020, 11:41:55 AM »

Don't forget Cawthorn!
voice_of_resistance
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.34, S: 5.22

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2020, 11:53:55 AM »

Uhhhh, that's evidence that this district absolutely could flip.

I am from here. This idea that "rural America" or the "white working class" is a monolithic community is just not the case. This district has plenty of wealthy and educated voters in La Plata and Garfield counties who regularly vote GOP that could easily waffle on this nutjob.

It's a tossup right now. And if Republicans don't treat it as such, Democrats will definitely win the seat.

Yeah, DMB isn't some left wing wacko, and Boebert is literally batsh**t crazy. Combine that with some residual ancestral Democratic strength, Hispanic voters, and ski-country liberals and some non-insane Republicans who may not like Boebert, this district absolutely could flip. This race is Tossup at worst for Dems right now.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2020, 12:19:06 PM »

Don't forget Cawthorn!

Cawthorn strikes me as an all around dumbass rather than a Quer
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2020, 12:36:35 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2020, 12:42:21 PM by Storr »

I guess this is Lean R now? John Salazar did hold this seat from 2004 to 2010. I boundaries didn't change much after redistricting and only swapped some territory south of pueblo (Las Animas County and the part of Ortero County) for areas around Aspen.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2020, 01:17:12 PM »

Also, it's worth noting that Biden is leading in this state by a large margin (close to +20) which is almost guaranteed to make this seat competitive if not outright winnable for DMB.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2020, 01:25:41 PM »

DCCC needs to go on the air right now and define her before she can readjust anything.
nerd73
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -7.83

« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2020, 06:15:57 PM »

I live in nearby Colorado Springs. I remain firmly cynical that the voters in this district won't bend over backwards to justify voting for this nutjob. Likely R.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2020, 08:42:44 PM »

DCCC lying about her being a Q follower

DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2020, 08:48:39 PM »

That's what Q wants you to believe.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2020, 01:50:52 AM »

It actually wouldn't shock me if Biden carried this district. Trump won it by 12 points but it was 52-40, most if the third party vote will probably go Biden and with how far ahead of Hillary he's running that's not too difficult to clear. Even Tipton only got 51.5% in 2018. With those numbers and the current environment it's difficult to see Boebert clearing 50%

So I'm gonna be bold and say Tilt D.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2020, 03:10:13 AM »

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/01/885991730/gop-candidates-open-to-qanon-conspiracy-theory-advance-in-congressional-races

Boebert appeared on SteelTruth, a show hosted by QAnon believer Ann Vandersteel, during the primary campaign. In that interview, she said she was "very familiar" with the theory and voiced support for it, though she didn't say she fully believed in QAnon's ideas.

"Everything that I've heard of Q, I hope that this is real, because it only means America is getting stronger and better, and people are returning to conservative values, and that's what I am for," she said. "And so everything that I have heard of this movement is only motivating and encouraging and bringing people together stronger, and if this is real, then it could be really great for our country."
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies