Crumbling Reich: A Weimar Republic Game (Signup Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:58:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Crumbling Reich: A Weimar Republic Game (Signup Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Author Topic: Crumbling Reich: A Weimar Republic Game (Signup Thread)  (Read 10615 times)
RGM2609
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2020, 05:02:59 PM »

Unfortunately, I will not be able to play in the game anymore. I have realized I will get too busy in this period, sorry.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2020, 05:20:20 PM »

Unfortunately, I will not be able to play in the game anymore. I have realized I will get too busy in this period, sorry.

Sorry to hear

We will need a new Hugenberg then
RGM2609
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2020, 05:33:47 PM »

Sorry to hear

We will need a new Hugenberg then
Good luck with that!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2020, 10:00:07 PM »

Game thread will be up tomorrow!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2020, 04:28:15 PM »

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=381469.0

Gameplay thread up
RGM2609
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2020, 05:22:11 PM »

Will newspaper interviews be a thing?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2020, 05:25:30 PM »

Will newspaper interviews be a thing?

If you want! It's all yours! Though it's ironic considering Hugenberg owns many.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2020, 03:28:23 PM »

What are the rules for claiming a character late?

In the interests of keeping the Presidential election interesting (and because it would be a new experience for ne) I'd like to claim Hitler.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2020, 03:37:41 PM »
« Edited: July 06, 2020, 04:04:51 PM by KaiserDave »

In the interests of keeping the Presidential election interesting (and because it would be a new experience for ne) I'd like to claim Hitler.

Hm. Usually I would allow for late claimants, and I think the election seems interesting already, but I'm split on this. On one hand I would appreciate a Nazi character, but on the other I am skeptical on having the Nazis win, I feel like repeating history is fairly redundant. I'll think this over.

Furthermore, I've already had my way with them as default NPC controller, but that's not a problem with my decision making at all, just that you'd be okay with it.

EDIT: One more thing as a generality, late players are always a win as long as they accept any NPC controller moves that may have occurred.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2020, 04:20:13 PM »

Hm. Usually I would allow for late claimants, and I think the election seems interesting already, but I'm split on this. On one hand I would appreciate a Nazi character, but on the other I am skeptical on having the Nazis win, I feel like repeating history is fairly redundant. I'll think this over.

Furthermore, I've already had my way with them as default NPC controller, but that's not a problem with my decision making at all, just that you'd be okay with it.

EDIT: One more thing as a generality, late players are always a win as long as they accept any NPC controller moves that may have occurred.

I don't see any reason to change any results that have happened in the past. That certainly wouldn't influence Hitler (or anyone else's) behavior going forward though.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2020, 04:35:25 PM »

I don't see any reason to change any results that have happened in the past. That certainly wouldn't influence Hitler (or anyone else's) behavior going forward though.

I'll think it over, mostly because I'm trepidatious because I don't want Hitler to win the game and that's no fun for the person playing it. I do love new players on the right wing though. I'll think it over though, you have expressed a lot of interest and that's awesome.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2020, 04:37:36 PM »

I'll think it over, mostly because I'm trepidatious because I don't want Hitler to win the game and that's no fun for the person playing it. I do love new players on the right wing though. I'll think it over though, you have expressed a lot of interest and that's awesome.

I assure you, I'm no right winger.  Hitler's the one person from that era of German history that I'm most familiar with (except for Hindenburg, and he's unplayable.)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2020, 04:41:37 PM »

I assure you, I'm no right winger.  Hitler's the one person from that era of German history that I'm most familiar with (except for Hindenburg, and he's unplayable.)

That's not what I mean, I mean playing right wing characters. We have more left wing than right wing characters.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2020, 04:45:56 PM »

That's not what I mean, I mean playing right wing characters. We have more left wing than right wing characters.

That's probably reflective of the forum as a whole.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2020, 04:47:49 PM »

I'm sorry there's a disconnect here, we have more left wing characters in game than right wing characters. What I'm trying to say is that while I love having new right wing characters for the game, but I'm trepidatious about adding Hitler because overall I'd prefer to not have the Nazis win because that would be somewhat less interesting. But I'll think it over since you've been interested for a while.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2020, 04:55:24 PM »

I'm sorry there's a disconnect here, we have more left wing characters in game than right wing characters. What I'm trying to say is that while I love having new right wing characters for the game, but I'm trepidatious about adding Hitler because overall I'd prefer to not have the Nazis win because that would be somewhat less interesting. But I'll think it over since you've been interested for a while.

Hitler running for President and winning would change history, because it would mean he'd have to appoint someone else as Chancellor. He wouldn't have the support to rule as the Fuhrer automatically.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2020, 04:58:48 PM »

What I'm trying to say is that while I love having new right wing characters for the game, but I'm trepidatious about adding Hitler because overall I'd prefer to not have the Nazis win because that would be somewhat less interesting. But I'll think it over since you've been interested for a while.

With all due respect, I find it much more interesting to run against a real Hitler than an NPC. I am fine if history ends up repeating; that gives folks like me more incentive to do our best to prevent that outcome.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2020, 05:00:54 PM »

What I'm trying to say is that while I love having new right wing characters for the game, but I'm trepidatious about adding Hitler because overall I'd prefer to not have the Nazis win because that would be somewhat less interesting. But I'll think it over since you've been interested for a while.

With all due respect, I find it much more interesting to run against a real Hitler than an NPC. I am fine if history ends up repeating; that gives folks like me more incentive to do our best to prevent that outcome.

Thanks.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2020, 05:13:00 PM »

Alright then

NYE is Hitler he can confer with me on what I have NPCed Hitler to do
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2020, 07:21:41 PM »

The current Bundestag composition chart was incorrect, so I went ahead and made a new one with the proper colors and correct numbers:

Own creation made using the Parliament Diagram Tool

The listed parties were two short of 577 so I added two independents.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2020, 07:29:05 PM »

The current Bundestag composition chart was incorrect, so I went ahead and made a new one with the proper colors and correct numbers:

Own creation made using the Parliament Diagram Tool

The listed parties were two short of 577 so I added two independents.

Thank you KING Cheesy Cheesy
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2020, 08:14:12 PM »
« Edited: July 06, 2020, 08:44:02 PM by KaiserDave »

The presidential campaign phase will begin either tomorrow the 7th or the 8th. Until then players are free to post, answer their character dilemmas or play the game of politics how they see fit

Currently we have as presidential candidates

Hitler
Frank
Thälmann
Hindenburg

Anyone else can jump in if they like
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2020, 10:49:42 PM »

Just to make clear

Please keep me in the loop on interplayer communications so I can stay in the loop

And of course anything secret will remain so
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2020, 10:14:15 AM »

If people want I can release first round results tonight, or whatever works if people have more campaigning to do.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2020, 11:10:32 AM »

I’d be ok with releasing the results early.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies