Crumbling Reich: A Weimar Republic Game (Signup Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:22:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Crumbling Reich: A Weimar Republic Game (Signup Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12
Author Topic: Crumbling Reich: A Weimar Republic Game (Signup Thread)  (Read 10848 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: September 19, 2020, 09:21:57 AM »

Given that Dereich has been inactive for some time now and the game can not start again without a Chancellor, I would be open to taking on the role of Franz von Papen shall everyone here agree. This combined with a new claimant should be enough to restart it to a degree.

I've said I'd also be willing to take Von Papen on a temporary basis if needed.
RGM2609
« Reply #226 on: September 19, 2020, 12:03:43 PM »

Given that Dereich has been inactive for some time now and the game can not start again without a Chancellor, I would be open to taking on the role of Franz von Papen shall everyone here agree. This combined with a new claimant should be enough to restart it to a degree.

Would you also be willing to take on as Hugenberg?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #227 on: September 19, 2020, 12:12:53 PM »

I thought you were Hugenberg.

I'd be willing to be Von Papen, but I am doing another game, and I'm wary of overstretching myself.

So multiple roles in this game would be a problem.
RGM2609
« Reply #228 on: September 19, 2020, 01:00:14 PM »

I thought you were Hugenberg.

I'd be willing to be Von Papen, but I am doing another game, and I'm wary of overstretching myself.

So multiple roles in this game would be a problem.

Tbh, I want to be FvP too, so I was asking if you would want to replace me as Hugenberg. But anyway, I guess we will see.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #229 on: September 19, 2020, 01:36:01 PM »

I would almost prefer for RGM to take on the role of the entire cabinet and Reich Chancellor as to streamline action. But if he wants to take on FvP exclusively Im not opposed.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #230 on: September 19, 2020, 01:55:24 PM »

I'm okay with RGM becoming Franz von Papen and NYE going Hugenberg. Just confirm with Dereich before we go ahead.
RGM2609
« Reply #231 on: September 19, 2020, 02:05:48 PM »

I would almost prefer for RGM to take on the role of the entire cabinet and Reich Chancellor as to streamline action. But if he wants to take on FvP exclusively Im not opposed.

I thought that was off the table. I would obviously agree to it as it was my original idea anyway.

On the Dereich confirmation, I am pretty sure he has stopped responding to PMs about the game weeks ago. Waiting for it would just continue the current gridlock.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #232 on: September 19, 2020, 02:07:55 PM »

I'm okay with RGM becoming Franz von Papen and NYE going Hugenberg. Just confirm with Dereich before we go ahead.

Flip it and I'd be happier.

That said, I'd be fine with being Hugenberg as well. It would being both Von Papen and Hugenberg that would sink me, as again, I'm committed to another game, and I'd rather not overstretch myself.

Also, yeah, we shouldn't wait for Dereich.
RGM2609
« Reply #233 on: September 19, 2020, 02:13:27 PM »

That said, I'd be fine with being Hugenberg as well. It would being both Von Papen and Hugenberg that would sink me, as again, I'm committed to another game, and I'd rather not overstretch myself.

Another option you have is taking on to playing as one of the Nazi fugitive leaders and try to organize a shadow resistance. I think that will be fun and prevent the government from becoming too powerful.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #234 on: September 19, 2020, 02:15:34 PM »

Another option you have is taking on to playing as one of the Nazi fugitive leaders and try to organize a shadow resistance. I think that will be fun and prevent the government from becoming too powerful.

Only one left is Heydrich (unless Goebbels and Georing are still alive somewhere...)
RGM2609
« Reply #235 on: September 19, 2020, 02:21:29 PM »

Only one left is Heydrich (unless Goebbels and Georing are still alive somewhere...)

I think there are more of them but I think KaiserDave knows more about it. Also FvP has, for some reason, granted lenience to most Nazis I arrested after your coup so you have some forces to reorganize.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #236 on: September 19, 2020, 02:22:04 PM »

I would prefer that RGM keep Hugenberg, given the effort put into that character.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #237 on: September 19, 2020, 02:23:28 PM »

I would prefer that RGM keep Hugenberg, given the effort put into that character.

In that case, I can take over Von Papen on a temporary basis, if needed.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #238 on: September 20, 2020, 09:10:43 AM »

Might as well finish what I started if I can...
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #239 on: September 20, 2020, 01:54:32 PM »

Done
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #240 on: September 20, 2020, 02:16:17 PM »

Done

As Von Papen, I would PM the new cabinet to you, correct?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #241 on: September 20, 2020, 07:37:59 PM »

Unfortunately von Papen is being held hostage about another member of the cabinet (now I know it feels to playing against Hitler).

An updated cabinet list should come out shortly (I have to move one member from one Ministry to one without portfolio)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #242 on: September 21, 2020, 01:42:23 AM »

Nevermind...
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #243 on: September 21, 2020, 09:45:41 AM »

As has been observed, I have been mostly away since a major transition began at work1 about a month back, my time to address this game as it deserves has been extremely limited. For a few weeks I thought it would be sufficient if I ignored things for a few days and followed up with a clump of responses, but while that might suit some games this one in particular requires rapid response and action. So I'll officially withdraw as von Papen. I really want to thank KaiserDave for actually reaching out to have me join and for keeping everything so compelling and fresh.

1 I am moving to a new courtroom at the start of next month requiring me to resolve as many of my pending cases as possible, to push up as many time consuming things such as depositions to this month on the cases that cannot be resolved, and to learn the 95 new cases I am inheriting.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #244 on: September 21, 2020, 09:54:59 AM »

As has been observed, I have been mostly away since a major transition began at work1 about a month back, my time to address this game as it deserves has been extremely limited. For a few weeks I thought it would be sufficient if I ignored things for a few days and followed up with a clump of responses, but while that might suit some games this one in particular requires rapid response and action. So I'll officially withdraw as von Papen. I really want to thank KaiserDave for actually reaching out to have me join and for keeping everything so compelling and fresh.

1 I am moving to a new courtroom at the start of next month requiring me to resolve as many of my pending cases as possible, to push up as many time consuming things such as depositions to this month on the cases that cannot be resolved, and to learn the 95 new cases I am inheriting.

Thank you for understanding and for all your great gameplay!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #245 on: September 24, 2020, 03:11:02 PM »

I'd love to have a Kaiser Wilhelm in game. Could make things interesting.
For the record,  I would love to play the pretender to the throne as soon as it is available.

Are you still interested?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #246 on: September 29, 2020, 04:44:18 PM »

Okay gentlemen, I should be back in gear soon enough.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #247 on: October 05, 2020, 09:38:01 PM »

Congrats to the Monarchy supporters on their victory.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #248 on: October 06, 2020, 08:08:57 AM »

I'm so happy.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P