Crumbling Reich: A Weimar Republic Game (Signup Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:43:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Crumbling Reich: A Weimar Republic Game (Signup Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: Crumbling Reich: A Weimar Republic Game (Signup Thread)  (Read 10978 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: August 26, 2020, 10:10:29 AM »

Nice. So either Hitler's coup succeeds, or France/Britain invade Germany for violating the Treaty of Versailles because of the Reichswehr expansion, or knowing the French Government's  dislike of Germany, both happen.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #151 on: August 26, 2020, 10:23:03 AM »

Ah yes, Britain and France. I completely forgot about them when publicly announcing something which would violate the Treaty of Versailles and certainly did not factor in their response to my announcement.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #152 on: August 26, 2020, 10:24:11 AM »

Ah yes, Britain and France. I completely forgot about them when publicly announcing something which would violate the Treaty of Versailles and certainly did not factor in their response to my announcement.
You really should have Sad
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #153 on: August 26, 2020, 01:08:32 PM »

Alright this may take me a while, but I want it to be awesome. Here's my checklist for today.

-Overall descriptions of events from both sides
-Anecdotes from the ground

(and when it ends, today or some other day)

-Some conclusion statement of the coup's events
-Wikibox
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #154 on: August 26, 2020, 05:13:47 PM »

Part I of build up is posted. Part II will go into depth on the fighting.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #155 on: August 26, 2020, 09:19:04 PM »

Hope ya'll like it. I have mostly worked from a combat map I drew up, but it is really a vague marker of events rather than a useful pinpoint for use.

I welcome questions in messages.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #156 on: August 26, 2020, 09:46:01 PM »

RIP
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #157 on: August 26, 2020, 09:54:14 PM »

RIP indeed.

I convinced KaiserDave to let Hitler die of his wounds, as I don't believe Hitler would have survived unless the putsch was successful. Another militia or the Reichswehr would have finished him off.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #158 on: August 26, 2020, 09:55:28 PM »

RIP indeed.

I convinced KaiserDave to let Hitler die of his wounds, as I don't believe Hitler would have survived unless the putsch was successful. Another militia or the Reichswehr would have finished him off.

I'll put it in the thread (in game his fate is still unclear however), Hitler is going to die at the Nazi Berlin headquarters of his wounds. Heydrich, Strasser, Röhm, Goebbels, and Himmler are still messing however.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #159 on: August 26, 2020, 10:16:01 PM »

RIP indeed.

I'll put it in the thread (in game his fate is still unclear however), Hitler is going to die at the Nazi Berlin headquarters of his wounds. Heydrich, Strasser, Röhm, Goebbels, and Himmler are still messing however.
Well this took a turn into uncharted territory.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #160 on: August 26, 2020, 10:20:05 PM »

RIP indeed.

Well this took a turn into uncharted territory.

Indeed it has
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #161 on: August 26, 2020, 10:24:44 PM »

It is amazing how quickly the right, center-left and far-left set aside their differences.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #162 on: August 26, 2020, 10:36:55 PM »

It is amazing how quickly the right, center-left and far-left set aside their differences.

Give it a week. They'll be back at again.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #163 on: August 26, 2020, 10:53:13 PM »

I don't doubt it. But first, we have other problems.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #164 on: August 26, 2020, 10:57:19 PM »

A full week? Rather optimistic of you!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #165 on: August 27, 2020, 02:22:27 PM »

Custom
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #166 on: August 27, 2020, 02:58:09 PM »

Thank you @NYE for his dedicated gameplay as the most evil man, thwarted before his schemes could come to fruition.

If you desire to take another character you are welcome, thank you for playing.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #167 on: August 27, 2020, 03:18:58 PM »

Thank you @NYE for his dedicated gameplay as the most evil man, thwarted before his schemes could come to fruition.

Given the likely British and French (and possibly Soviet) reaction to the violation in the Treaty of Versailles in putting down Hitler's putsch, if I were to play as someone else, it would probably Ramsey MacDonald (currently the British Prime Minister) or Josef Stalin (no friend of the German right, and probably not a friend of Von Papen, even if he did put down Hitler.)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #168 on: August 27, 2020, 03:20:01 PM »

Given the likely British and French (and possibly Soviet) reaction to the violation in the Treaty of Versailles in putting down Hitler's putsch, if I were to play as someone else, it would probably Ramsey MacDonald (currently the British Prime Minister) or Josef Stalin (no friend of the German right, and probably not a friend of Von Papen, even if he did put down Hitler.)

That's an interesting idea, but I will probably keep foreign characters in my hand.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #169 on: August 27, 2020, 03:22:43 PM »

That's an interesting idea, but I will probably keep foreign characters in my hand.

Fair enough. I do suggest a British/French invasion of Western Germany as the result of the Versailles violations though.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #170 on: August 27, 2020, 03:29:50 PM »

Fair enough. I do suggest a British/French invasion of Western Germany as the result of the Versailles violations though.
The French maybe would have wanted it but the british would have never accepted it so no intervention in the end.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #171 on: August 27, 2020, 03:41:29 PM »

Lets say that a British/French invasion would come as a shock.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #172 on: August 27, 2020, 08:28:15 PM »

There's been a lot of legislative proposals, so for when the Reichstag resumes seating please list them here to avoid confusion for me

Thanks
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #173 on: August 27, 2020, 08:31:38 PM »

There's been a lot of legislative proposals, so for when the Reichstag resumes seating please list them here to avoid confusion for me

Thanks

I'm sticking with the Nazi Suppression Act and Volunteer Support Act.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #174 on: August 28, 2020, 12:21:42 AM »

RIP indeed.

A song in tribute of the fallen Führer:
https://youtu.be/wvM_JpqViBA
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies