Age of Steam and Steel: Gameplay Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:57:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Age of Steam and Steel: Gameplay Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Age of Steam and Steel: Gameplay Thread  (Read 14461 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« on: June 30, 2020, 03:38:11 PM »

An Invitation for New Relationships

I highly urge all powers to becomes friends with the Eyalet of Egypt. Becoming a newly independent power, we wish to be friends with everyone as we engage in beneficial trade. Do not be afraid of the Ottoman’s threats, for their in the position of immense decline.

Any willing diplomatic or trade partners will get lucrative trade deals on our various goods; gold, Pearls, metals, wheat, and Cotton in particular for very generous prices. We also will become very major diplomatic partners, granting much in the terms of influence in the Mediterranean.

To the Squalid Port and the B@stard of Tunis

Withdraw immediately from the Eastern portion of Egypt and the Sinai peninsula, or be forced out. You Turks cannot hold onto Egypt indefinitely, and we will make sure your forces are crushed in battle. Withdraw or face immediate retribution.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 04:21:27 PM »

A Declaration on the Operation of the Suez Canal

We, the Undersigned, declare without regard to the current conflict occurring within the Eyalet of Egypt, that the right of travel through the Suez is of paramount interest to the peace and prosperity of the civilized world. As such, the Suez Maritime Canal should always be free and open, in time of war as in time of peace, to every vessel of commerce or of war, without distinction of flag.

X Francis III, Holy Roman Emperor

X King Louis XVIII, King of France
xFrederick and Catherine, King and Queen of Scandinavia

X Frederick III Hohenzollern, King of Prussia

X King Charles III
The Eyalet of Egypt shall respect the flags of all nations not currently aligned with the Ottoman domain.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 05:29:11 PM »

The Eyalet of Egypt is always open to negotiations and diplomatic recognition by the other Mediterranean kingdoms and states. We urge that any noise made by the Sublime Port be disregarded as both a ruse to ensure that the paper tiger is still standing and a bluff made by a nation already unstable and slipping in influence.

“The Emperor of the Sublime Port would do well to remember that those foolish enough to kick a hornet’s nest tend to get stung.  A man in his position would do well to tread carefully in this matter.”  - Frederick III Hohenzollern, King of Prussia
The Sublime Port is still in a nostalgic mentality that they are always bound to conquer Vienna and be the major power in Europe and North Africa. It seems it would take a few disappointing realizations for the Turks to get in touch with reality.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 01:00:50 AM »
« Edited: July 11, 2020, 01:42:59 AM by PSOL »

Statement by the Governor of Egypt

We are greatly pleased at our defense of Cairo and our western flank by the Ottomans. We quashed two major offenses and have greatly weakened Ottoman rule in Egypt proper. We did encounter major setbacks with the loss of our fleet and failure to dislodge them by the Sinai. The blame can be squarely put on the lack of coordination by the Alliance in their offensive.

On the situation in the Sinai peninsula and the Nile Delta, Ottoman forces should leave Egyptian territory immediately. The Sinai Peninsula is Sovereign territory of the Egyptian Governorate or else the penalties will be severe. European forces can stay, but only with clear understanding that the Suez belongs to Egypt. We also demand that the Otomans stop their ceaseless campaign against us or risk losing Egypt and the Sublime Porte’s North African territory forever. Give us the sovereignty of being a Viceroyalty or else.

The Governor of Egypt recognizes the plight of the common Egyptian during this time. To stabilize our society from further rifts, I am cutting Jizya taxes on people of the book by 75% permanently. We also are offering huge subsidies to farmers who are having trouble repairing their farms due to the war, as well as extensive irrigation projects to the South of Cairo. To raise the amount of soldiers needed, we are also offering freedom to any slaves and debt servants of the royal court if they join the military to help push back at the invaders.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 01:51:08 PM »

A proclamation concerning the Eyalet of Egypt

The Eyalet of Egypt is a free and independent state under the guidance of Reşid Mehmed Pasha, the official status of the Kingdom of the Netherlands is one of support to these people who fight against the Turk. This announcement is an official recognition of the Eyalet of Egypt as the ruler of the Nile delta and all claimed territories. The Kingdom of the Netherlands encourages that the Ottoman Turk ceases all hostilities with the Eyalet of Egypt. The Kingdom of the Netherlands will begin to officially trade with the Eyalet of Egypt, and if any Dutch ships were to be attacked by the fleet of the Turk that action shall be taken as an act of war, and shall be responded to with such force.

- King William II of the Netherlands Prince of Orange

Treaty of Amsterdam

Section I:

1. The trade restrictions and tariffs on goods traveling to and from the Eyalet of Egypt and Kingdom of the Netherlands are lifted

2. The Kingdom of the Netherlands shall provide the Eyalet of Egypt with 100,000 gilders to be repaid in 20 years' time.

x King William II of the Netherlands
x Resid Mehmed Pasha of Egypt
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2020, 05:23:45 PM »

I’m very dissatisfied that Egypt gets no say in the running of Egyptian infrastructure and sovereign territory.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2020, 08:35:53 PM »

Declaration by the new King of Egypt

The time has come for Egypt to sever all ties with the Ottoman realm. No longer will Egypt be considered an Eyalet still under Turkish rule, but an independent kingdom. I am now King Resid Mehmed Pasha— King of Egypt, Cyrenecae, and the Sinai. No longer will we ever join the Ottomans, but forge a new destiny to become a leading power in the Islamic world.

On ownership of the Isthmus of Sinai, or the Suez Canal

The current situation is clearly here to stay, and as such I am relenting complete control to the various European powers. However, I am disappointed that I was not welcome into the pact as a representative but the Ottomans were.As we control the land bordering the other side of the Suez, and took part in the liberation of the area, we demand a seat at the table.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2020, 12:19:26 AM »

Treaty of Bandar Abbas

The realms of Qajar and Joseon pledge to the promotion of peace and amity between our subjects.

Among the measures taken to so promote amity shall be measures to promote commercial intercourse.

To that end, Qajari ships and merchants shall be permitted to trade at the Joseon port of Incheon while Joseon ships and merchants shall be permitted to trade at the Qajari port of Bandar Abbas

x Queen Regent Sunwon on behalf of her grandson King Heonjong
x Agha Mohammed Shah
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2020, 12:31:36 AM »
« Edited: August 01, 2020, 12:35:02 AM by PSOL »

Proclamation by Agha Mohammed Shah

After much hard work, the territorial sovereignty and unity of the Sublime State of Persia is at last maintained. We have vanquished the Zintian and Husaynan forces in battle and have expelled the foreign presence of the Swedes and Durrani kingdom from mainland Iran. Our next objective is to start the vast process of modernization and prosperity.

I hereby proclaim that there be a pardon of the family of both rebel leaders from any punishment other then exile to Mazandaran. We need no more brutality nor inner conflict. With that, to mend the issues of religion, I am hereby setting up a specialized committee to address the needs of Armenians and Assyrians in our realm, as well as stopping unfair treatment of the Mandaean community.

To prevent such civil wars from happening again, I am expanding the centralization of our realm in our court in Tehran, as well as spending more money in modernizing and expanding the Army and Navy. I am also making it official that my nephew Fathali will take the throne after my death.

To the major powers of the region, I have no intentions of war with any of you and I’m open to establishing trade and diplomatic relations. Ultimately peace and the prosperity that comes with it is much more beneficial than war.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2020, 05:26:50 PM »

Treaty of Hormuz
I. The Kingdom of Scandinavia and the Shahdom of Persia agree to a non-aggression pact in perpetuity.
   a . The Shahdom of Persia recognizes Scandinavian sovereignty over Kish, Lavan, and Hormuz.
   b . The Kingdom of Scandinavia reaffirms Persian sovereignty over the remaining Persian administered islands of the Persian Gulf.

II. Formal Scandinavian and Persian embassies will be established in Tehran and Stockholm respectively.

III. Scandinavian merchants will be permitted docking rights at Bandar-e Kangan and Bandar-e Lengeh and will be allowed to sell goods for a reduced tariff.

IV. Scandinavia will dispatch military advisors to the court of Mohammad Shah Qajar.
xFrederick IV and Catherine, King and Queen of Scandinavia
X Agha Mohammed Shah
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2020, 09:14:48 PM »

Tour of the Land

I am taking me and my court to a journey throughout Persia to see where in my realm needs investment. Such locales will include Charbahadar, Esfahan, inland Fars province, and the coasts of Rasht in the first year. The second shall navigate the newly conquered territories of Ahvaz, Abadan, and the Shatt-Al Arab delta the second year if I see fit, along with the Ardabil mountain range and northern Iran near Tabriz and Qom.

Mainly the Sublime State shall build a port in the city of Abadan to reconnect khuzestan back into the heartland. The State shall also be greatly funding reconstruction in the war torn delta to turn it into a more prosperous region. I expect the next few years to be one of prosperous production and consolidation.

Now that I have access to pearls and more date trees, I urge for all European powers to realize that their inner strife as of late can be solved with prosperity and commercial ties. We are willing to establish these ties, yet so far there have been few takers aside from Russia and the maritime and commercial nations of the East, which has been a shame.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2020, 04:57:21 PM »

The Treaty of Abadan (1839),
A Treaty between the Kingdom of Prussia and Qajar Persia,

1.) The signatories hereby open a formal diplomatic relationship between their respective nations, recognizing the immense value inherent in close diplomatic, economic and military ties. Persia and Prussia shall continue their relationship via formal ambassadors.

2.) The signatories commit to a trade alliance, lowering current tariffs by 30% and undertaking measures to expand trade.

3.) Prussian merchants will be allowed to trade in the port of Abadan.

4.) Both nations will pursue the development of an extensive series of railroads. Both nations will have a 50% stake in Persia Rail.

5.) Both signatories recognize their present borders and areas of influence and/or interest.

x Queen Regent Augusta
X MSQ
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2020, 06:10:50 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2020, 06:27:33 PM by PSOL »

In my territory, these are where I want construction of new railways

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=Nh1MKI3D&id=1B6CCA42A3778C2516743EE8270E6BBFD4186242&thid=OIP.Nh1MKI3DboBQkqpCJt-axwHaGa&mediaurl=https%3a%2f%2fwww.railwaypro.com%2fwp%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2016%2f10%2fIran-railways_2010_map-1.jpg&exph=658&expw=759&q=iran+railway+map&simid=607990635706254060&ck=3144D48531E42C304324BF10AF231F0C&selectedIndex=0&qft=+filterui%3alicense-L2_L3_L4&FORM=IRPRST

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=Y6zPkfWK&id=12E1DEBC051242F05FB123E111D7B9DB2F6A9C3E&thid=OIP.Y6zPkfWK8kjOtoFmzgelEQHaFb&mediaurl=https%3a%2f%2firanvoyages.webnode.fr%2f_files%2fsystem_preview_detail_200002030-78d8a79d25%2faf-map-regionalrailnetworks-mom.jpg&exph=330&expw=450&q=iran+railway+map&simid=608037253224009043&ck=9CEABADF65950D582AEF8B8A8782678A&selectedIndex=43&qft=+filterui%3alicense-L2_L3_L4&FORM=IRPRST

The bolder and more darkly shaded lines take precedence. Also establish the Charbahar and Gwadar port as well.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2020, 04:34:59 PM »

Objectives for the next few years

In 5 years, the Persian Army shall be marching to Aleppo, Damascus, Mecca, and Medina to overthrow this so called Caliph, a well known debaucher who spits at the face of what is considered a holy man. I will reverse more than a millennia of deviation from the wills of god as stated by Prophet Abū al-Qāsim Muḥammad ibn ʿAbd Allāh ibn ʿAbd al-Muṭṭalib ibn Hāšim (Peace be Upon His Name) and rightfully put the track of the Islamic world as it should have been with the second successor, the second Caliph Ali ibn Abi Talib if Allah wills it.

I’m calling on all Muslims righteous enough to lead to a victory for Islam by taking the right path. Anyone who impedes on the progress of the Sublime State of Persia here will be facing the wraith of all of the Ummah. Specifically, the might of the Persian Army and naval assets. What should be done is that the hungry rulers of Europe should instead make peace and share the spoils of a hefty feast on Turkeys in the Balkans and Northern Africa. I have no care for the Sublime Porte, but I know Christendom does.

Glory to Persia, who in my reign has engaged in great campaigns and modernized the country. The advancements in Architecture, infrastructure, and splendor in my realm is the highest since the Safavids. In fact, I will go further by expanding into land not held since the Achaemenids. Glory to the Court of Qajar, glory to Persia. Allah Akbar, he gives Muslims Prosperity.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2020, 04:45:56 PM »

Edict on the Autonomy of Armenia

By Allah’s will, I have decided to give a high degree of autonomy to the Armenians around Yerevan. As people of the book, they have rights and privileges given to justly by the grace of Allah. Under the Turkish Yoke, they have become poor and stagnant, but I am willing to treat them with the respect they deserve.

Let it be known that with The Sublime State of Persia, such policies against the People of the Book—whether Jewish, Christian, or Sabian—will be respected and no molestation will occur. I have also allowed them to pick up arms momentarily to defend their land against bandits from the West. For the good of the religious minorities in the Ottoman domain, I suggest they think over whose allegiance will be best for their community.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2020, 05:13:54 PM »

Line of Succession

My Crown Prince Apparent shall be Nasser Al-Din Shah
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2020, 12:07:28 AM »
« Edited: September 30, 2020, 06:05:53 PM by Beta Vanguard »

On the Abolishment of the International Slave Trade in the Sublime Stateand Tax on the purchase and sale of Slaves

Purchase of Slaves from outside of the Sublime State is hereby illegal. Anyone violating this rule will be fined 1,000 Qiran (2,000 Touman) and the acquisition of the slaves if possible. Interstate trade is hereby imposed a tax of 70% of the value of the sale or purchase.

Penal Colony Authorization Decree

For every criminal act done by the subjects of Persia lasting more than 1 year but less than 15, they have a way to get clemency for half of their sentence in authorized penal colonies. These colonies shall aide in the construction of infrastructure, public works, and other wishes of the Crown. For captured Enemy Soldiers, they will spend 20 years working up their way to freedom, living in far worse living quarters in the remote desert locations.

Such penal colonies shall be run by the Directory of Prisons reporting to the local bureaucracy of the local provinces.

Local Industry Promotement and Subsidization decree

The various industries shall be promoted and subsidized by 15% for ten years under royal charter.

The industry of Silk production shall be established or expanded in Isfahan, Tabriz, Yazd, Urmia, Tehran, and Isfahan. Under royal charter; the Jewish merchants in Isfahan and Tehran shall have a local monopoly on production, distribution, and sale—Assyrian Merchants in Urmia and Tabriz shall have a local monopoly on production, distribution, and sale—Zoroastrians in Yazd.

Pearl cultivation and distribution in Qatif, Mahram, and the Delta valley in (now Kuwait and Iranian Khuzestan) shall have a royal charter by Shia Arab Shaikhs who first rebelled against the Turks and local Sunni Shaikhs respectively.

Alcohol in Gilan, Rasht, Yerevan, and Tabriz shall be run by royal charter by Armenians

Caviar shall be run by the royal princes in charge of the Caspian Sea

Small Farm plots shall have have their taxes reduced by 3% instead of a subsidy

Manufacturing of weaponry, processes industrial goods, and machinery shall receive a 20% subsidy. So shall sugar and tobacco production.

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2020, 12:15:36 PM »

The crown shall devise a holding company to have a complete monopoly on Tobacco as well. There will be a 50% VAT on it.

Flag of Persia

The Flag of Persia shall be a golden, Masculine Lion with its Right paw holding an issued Saber to our officers and a crown Atop its head. There shall be a Feminine Sun arising from its back in the what appears to be in the back.

The background shall be three equal sized horizontal bars going from the colors top to bottom as Red, White, and Green
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2020, 09:54:27 PM »

A reminder to All European powers

I have no interest in alienating any of you and I wish to expand trade and diplomacy in the near future. My objectives don’t go past Central Asia, the Caucasus, Arabia, and the Levant for purely security reasons. I highly urge for the concert of nations to look past any deals made with the Sick Man of Europe , and the bluffs of such a character.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies