Age of Steam and Steel: Gameplay Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:39:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Age of Steam and Steel: Gameplay Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Age of Steam and Steel: Gameplay Thread  (Read 14375 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: June 30, 2020, 02:25:32 PM »

A Declaration Regarding the Egyptian Rebels

Any nation who refuses to sign onto an international embargo of the Egyptian rebels, or who recognizes the legitimacy thereof, will be viewed as hostile to Ottoman interests. Therefore, we reserve the right to expel merchants of that nation, to refuse entry to agents of merchants of that nation or of that nation itself, and to refuse access to the Suez Canal and other Ottoman waterways to any ships of that nation. Befriending rebels is a crime against our nation and comes very close to a declaration of war. We reserve the right to further respond, diplomatically, economically, or militarily, against any nation that decides to commit such crimes.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 05:14:16 PM »

A Declaration on the Operation of the Suez Canal

We, the Undersigned, declare without regard to the current conflict occurring within the Eyalet of Egypt, that the right of travel through the Suez is of paramount interest to the peace and prosperity of the civilized world. As such, the Suez Maritime Canal should always be free and open, in time of war as in time of peace, to every vessel of commerce or of war, without distinction of flag.

X Francis III, Holy Roman Emperor

X King Louis XVIII, King of France
xFrederick and Catherine, King and Queen of Scandinavia

X Frederick III Hohenzollern, King of Prussia

X King Charles III

The Ottoman Empire has always defended the rights of all nations in the Suez Canal. But if any of these signatories sponsor rebels in our territories, they become a nation de facto at war with the Empire. If I sponsored rebels against any nation, I would not expect to be treated as a neutral nation. So let us again be clear: this mild mannered hand waving against my nation, in spite of the fact that several signatories have repeatedly (if privately) assured me that they understand and will abide by my proclamation, means nothing.

As more than one of you have withdrawn from trade negotiations with Egypt or promised never to conduct such and apologized to myself, the lack of intervention in Ottoman affairs is much appreciated.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 04:33:48 PM »

Treaty of Versailles
I. The Suez Canal shall be administrated by an eight member Suez Canal Commission. One member each shall be appointed by: the Ottoman Empire, Russia, Scandinavia, France, the British Empire, the Netherlands, Austria, and Prussia.
II. The Commission recognizes the territory and jurisdiction of the Ottoman Empire over the Canal.
III. The Ottoman Empire recognizes the administrative authority of the Suez Canal Commission over said Canal.
X LOUIS XVIII

X Peter IV, Emperor of all the Russias
xFrederick IV and Catherine, King and Queen of Scandinavia

X Sultan Mustafa IV
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 02:30:42 PM »

On the Death of the Brother of the Sultan:

My heart weeps for my dead brother. As most men know, it was an ancient tradition of my forefathers that on assuming the throne, he must kill his brothers. I did not obey this tradition, nor did my father before me. My brother was my most faithful ally, and his advice will surely be missed. Let every man know: his children I hereby take as my own. They are under my protection, and anyone who harms them will be treated as if he harmed my son.

I hereby order a thorough investigation. Was this the action of subversive elements in the Army? Or were foreign powers behind this? Was this the last blow of the recently defeated rebels? I shall seek the answer unflinchingly. All my ministries are hereby ordered to comply with any request of this investigation. A special committee is hereby formed, including myself, my son who is a prince, two of Mahmud’s sons, my minister of justice, the Imam of the Sultan, the Patriarch of Constantinople, a police spokesman, a high judge, and a military general. The City Guard, the local police, and the justice ministry shall launch a joint investigation under the immediate control of the Justice Minister and the City Guard’s Captain.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies