CNBC - Biden tells donors he will end most of Trump's tax cuts 'and a lot of you may not like that' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:26:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  CNBC - Biden tells donors he will end most of Trump's tax cuts 'and a lot of you may not like that' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CNBC - Biden tells donors he will end most of Trump's tax cuts 'and a lot of you may not like that'  (Read 2445 times)
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« on: July 01, 2020, 12:27:38 PM »

I must say Joe is trying very hard to make me enthusiastic about him.
He's taking a page out of the (Canadian) Liberal Party playbook: Campaign from the left, govern from the center.

Also known as taking a page from the man who had Biden as VP.
Sounds reasonable, no?
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 01:22:21 PM »

I must say Joe is trying very hard to make me enthusiastic about him.
He's taking a page out of the (Canadian) Liberal Party playbook: Campaign from the left, govern from the center.

Also known as taking a page from the man who had Biden as VP.
Sounds reasonable, no?

Less reasonable than sticking to one's campaign promises. Doing otherwise can damage faith in democracy and arguably was a big part of what brought the US to the Trump point.

Governing as an incrementalist is reasonable. Governing as Obama did would would not be - Obama was not merely moderate in his aims, but moderate in what he was prepared to do to see them realised (understandable at the time due to a theory which had not yet been debunked - that voters, eventually, would punish Congressional Republicans for obstructionism). If Biden isn't prepared to play hardball and use executive power as a check on gridlock, and if he isn't prepared to stand up to the worst of the lobbyists, he risks falling into nastier version of most of the pitfalls of the Obama presidency.

I meant that it is not at all strange if Biden tries to emulate Obama's style. Of course I agree that if Biden becomes president and he tries to get Republicans on board like Obama did, he will only face stonewalling like Obama did, if anything worse stonewalling, so he should be more aggressive when it needs.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies