SCOTUS rules that the President can fire the head of the CFPB at will. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:18:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  SCOTUS rules that the President can fire the head of the CFPB at will. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SCOTUS rules that the President can fire the head of the CFPB at will.  (Read 1957 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 02, 2020, 09:27:14 PM »

Congress can not dictate to the President who he can and cannot fire. However, I’m sorry to say that I’m not convinced this would have gone the same way at all if Clinton had been elected and fired Cordray, or, more likely, if Biden had fired a Republican CFPB Director instead.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 02:17:59 PM »

Can that same principle be applied to the USPS Board of Governors?  If so, President Biden can get rid of Postmaster General Louis Dejoy much faster than anyone thinks, and stop him from further sabotaging the Postal Service in preparation for its eventual privatization. 
I should note that Dejoy’s possible successor could be, interestingly enough, Thurgood Marshall Jr.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies