Age of Steam and Steel: Concert of Europe Part III (Sign up and Rules Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:53:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Age of Steam and Steel: Concert of Europe Part III (Sign up and Rules Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Age of Steam and Steel: Concert of Europe Part III (Sign up and Rules Thread)  (Read 16034 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« on: June 26, 2020, 10:47:26 PM »

I formally yield Prussia. It's been tremendous fun, but I'd like to try something different this time. I'm determined to play in the Americas, but I'm undecided between Quebec, Louisiana, Colombia or Mexico (the last two are the special tier though, and I don't want to force Spamage - brilliant work with the backstory - to do unnecessarily excessive research).

Will decide in a few minutes.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 10:59:37 PM »

Made up my mind, I'd like to reserve Quebec if possible (barring that, then Mexico or Louisiana, whichever is less time consuming to research/write for Spamage).

May I just say as a spectator that I love these games. Great work Lumine!

Flattered, but this work of art belongs to Spamage, the actual superior GM (I still find it incomprehensible he actually manages to update his games on time without constant hiatus)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 04:57:45 PM »

I realise I'm comically slow but who do I blame again for selling my glorious crown jewel of India?
From what I can skim, Prussia bought Corsica for some reason, Lumine kept trying to kill people I'm pretty sure he killed the Pope, Empress of Russia, and tried to kill a couple others. The plague came back, Lumine tried to kill the King of France, the British pissed off Bengali folks and then Louis XV made them a pretty sweet offer and that's where I think we get the French domination.

To defend the remnants of my honor as a Prussian monarch, it bears reminding that I never killed the Pope why would I?), and the attempt on Louis was, I believe, a clever false flag. I've done some pretty awful things (initially out of self-defense, then out of excessively cold pragmatism or hotheaded rashness), so there's no need to embellish with crimes I didn't actually commit.

And yeah, the British did sell Bengal, as they focused their efforts elsewhere (Australia and the Americas), plus they had to deal with Jacobite rebellions. The Corsica thing was me making an offer just in case, only to learn I was the only player who actually bid for the island. Then it grew into a territory I became somewhat emotionally attached to, until I made stupid mistakes and felt forced to sell it.  
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 08:50:34 PM »

Brilliant work!

Question, am I Louis-Ferdinand or Louis-Henry? Both names appear on the gameplay thread.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 12:41:13 PM »

I support the new system. Trust me, it's a sheer pain to keep track of fleets as a GM, and it serves little point to force Spamage to waste too much time on it.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 04:29:11 PM »

Orders sent!

(not opposed to an extension either)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2020, 09:45:02 AM »

Hm. Well, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested in switching and playing Prussia again, I have missed it.

Any chance I could keep it reserved? (would really like to see the end of turn)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2020, 02:33:51 PM »

I wouldn't mind deferring to Ishan, but in case Prussia is judged to be solely for experienced players then Quebec would be open for him (if it helps, I could write a guide with my actions thus far).

(Don't want to get too ahead of myself though, for all I know I could end up with a game over this turn or Europe could explode in flames)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2020, 09:44:40 PM »

I formally ask for Prussia.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2020, 10:50:20 PM »

Magnificent work as usual, Spamage, a thoroughly impressive turn.

I shall continue as Prussia. With the gods as my witness, I shall not rest until I drag a couple of people to hell with me.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2020, 04:02:44 PM »

Writing mine.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2020, 03:36:34 PM »

Will be able to send orders, but it will be during the night.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2020, 09:28:42 PM »

Orders sent.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2020, 04:32:05 PM »

I'm aware there's a few PM's from other players I really need to respond to, but there's a lot of RL pressure at the moment and I will take some extra time to respond.

(On that note I have to confess I feel a bit overwhelmed at the moment, particularly after two turns with my main ally as an NPC rather than a player. I certainly hope to have provided a decent enough challenge to my three skilled rivals and am doing my best to avoid harming - again - a very successful round, but the pressure has certainly been high!)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2020, 03:02:26 PM »

My sincerest apologies, but I have reached the point in which I'm forced to drop out as well. Have more or less managed to carry on despite RL pressure, but I did recieve some bad news this week (family related, as some of you know) that have made it very difficult - if not impossible - to concentrate.

If I can help in any other way to keep the game going (issuing very general directives or something like that) please do let me know. In the meantime, I can only say that, as usual, it was yet another brilliant round from the master himself, and probably (quite likely!) one of the most challenging experiences I've had.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies