Age of Steam and Steel: Concert of Europe Part III (Sign up and Rules Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:41:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Age of Steam and Steel: Concert of Europe Part III (Sign up and Rules Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15
Author Topic: Age of Steam and Steel: Concert of Europe Part III (Sign up and Rules Thread)  (Read 15889 times)
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2020, 09:54:17 PM »

Question about the various factions in the Persian Civil War: Am I correct in that the dark pink in the northwest and southeast is the Qajars, the light pink the Kurds, the light green the Husaynians, and the gold the Zinatians? Also, who is the head of the Qajar family?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2020, 10:48:38 PM »

Question about the various factions in the Persian Civil War: Am I correct in that the dark pink in the northwest and southeast is the Qajars, the light pink the Kurds, the light green the Husaynians, and the gold the Zinatians? Also, who is the head of the Qajar family?

Yes, that is correct.

For the sake of simplicity, Mohammad Shah Qajar is currently leading the Qajar faction.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2020, 10:49:42 PM »

Can I take the Kingdom of Mexico, as I have not played a nation game actively for a while.

You're welcome to join at the start of the next turn. I've already done some NPC deals as Mexico for 1835 and it wouldn't be fair to some players to retract them Tongue

I really like this naval system. I do have a question though, for the Economy/Popularity can you change the green back.
In what sense?
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2020, 10:53:29 PM »

Can I take the Kingdom of Mexico, as I have not played a nation game actively for a while.

You're welcome to join at the start of the next turn. I've already done some NPC deals as Mexico for 1835 and it wouldn't be fair to some players to retract them Tongue

I really like this naval system. I do have a question though, for the Economy/Popularity can you change the green back.
In what sense?

The dark green messes with my vibe I like the light green for strong you changed it.

For example

old

new
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2020, 03:45:50 PM »

does the turn end on Monday night?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2020, 04:49:27 PM »

Okay, Turn 1 is posted and starts today. I'll extend it through next Thursday unless everyone gets their responses in to me early.

I'm taking it as July 9 being the absolute deadline, but if everything looks settled, Spamage may end things as early as Monday.  At this point, I'm done with my turn except to respond to any diplomatic missives that might be sent Joseon's way.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2020, 09:47:18 PM »

Okay, Turn 1 is posted and starts today. I'll extend it through next Thursday unless everyone gets their responses in to me early.

I'm taking it as July 9 being the absolute deadline, but if everything looks settled, Spamage may end things as early as Monday.  At this point, I'm done with my turn except to respond to any diplomatic missives that might be sent Joseon's way.

That is correct. If I have everyone's orders early I will end the turn on Monday, otherwise it will continue until the 9th.

Expect the first mid-turn update tomorrow.

Also, I never heard back from BaconKing, so in the interest of being fair and keeping things moving Priest of Moloch (Donerail) is now accepted as the Japanese player. Further negotiations will be conducted with him. I'll be doing some research tonight, posting his prompts in the morning PST tomorrow.

Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2020, 11:49:34 PM »

Also, I never heard back from BaconKing, so in the interest of being fair and keeping things moving Priest of Moloch (Donerail) is now accepted as the Japanese player. Further negotiations will be conducted with him. I'll be doing some research tonight, posting his prompts in the morning PST tomorrow.

Glad to hear that the Japan issue has been resolved. I've sent the new player some basic diplomatic messages.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2020, 10:20:55 AM »

I have a few outstanding PMs and will respond Monday, not blowing folks off, but I will be largely away from Atlas until then
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2020, 05:10:58 PM »

I've always been unsure but how do mid-turn updates work?

I love them but to give away my secrets I tend to send my turn orders as late as possible; both to allow myself to think but also to sort out diplomatic lose ends; are we encouraged to send them earlier?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2020, 05:34:47 PM »

I love them but to give away my secrets I tend to send my turn orders as late as possible; both to allow myself to think but also to sort out diplomatic lose ends; are we encouraged to send them earlier?

It sort of varies, but they're mostly to give updates on NPC developments, urgent actions by some players, geopolitical developments (like if war is declared). People would not be operating a whole year without hearing of major developments elsewhere, hence forcing players to respond to sometimes sudden changes. When people get their orders in early that can be material for a mid-turn update, but generally only if they've been explicit about implementing it or are engaged in a shocking action (surprise attack etc.).

I mean, no one is penalized for not responding to them in any way, but it is how it can be made clear when there's a major shift.

Turn orders at the end of the turn is perfectly fine, no pressure at all.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2020, 05:38:46 PM »

It sort of varies, but they're mostly to give updates on NPC developments, urgent actions by some players, geopolitical developments (like if war is declared). People would not be operating a whole year without hearing of major developments elsewhere, hence forcing players to respond to sometimes sudden changes. When people get their orders in early that can be material for a mid-turn update, but generally only if they've been explicit about implementing it or are engaged in a shocking action (surprise attack etc.).

I mean, no one is penalized for not responding to them in any way, but it is how it can be made clear when there's a major shift.

Turn orders at the end of the turn is perfectly fine, no pressure at all.

I've always thought of them as a major development that might affect your country in a pretty major way. Like if Britain sent their orders before the mid-turn update there may be need to change their orders in order to respond to the mid-turn update as their actions may have relied on the Suez or the leader of the Colombia.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2020, 08:41:51 PM »

I have received quite a bit of orders, but am still waiting on several players. 5 PM GMT on Thursday will be the final deadline to submit orders for this turn. As always there seems to be some interesting developments Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2020, 08:43:14 PM »

I have received quite a bit of orders, but am still waiting on several players. 5 PM GMT on Thursday will be the final deadline to submit orders for this turn. As always there seems to be some interesting developments Smiley

Thanks for the extension!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2020, 02:52:07 PM »

No Paraguay Sad
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #90 on: July 07, 2020, 03:04:19 PM »

You could be Spain; Lord knows they need help rebuilding Tongue
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2020, 03:52:23 PM »

We on turn 1 and I'm already confused
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2020, 05:13:05 PM »

Damn it, I'll never get to play as Doctor Francia.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2020, 07:37:36 AM »

Could you please make it 9 PM EST?  I just realized that 5 PM GMT is 1 PM EST.  I was exhausted yesterday and I have to study for the bar exam some more today, but I should be able to send all my orders after I finish and have dinner.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2020, 09:14:21 AM »

Could you please make it 9 PM EST?  I just realized that 5 PM GMT is 1 PM EST.  I was exhausted yesterday and I have to study for the bar exam some more today, but I should be able to send all my orders after I finish and have dinner.

Yes, that is fine.

Expect the end of turn update late Friday or early Saturday, depending on the time I have available. There is a LOT to process. Next turn should begin at some point during the weekend.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2020, 07:59:24 PM »

I had a RL emergency, but everything is fine now and I am typing up my orders as we speak.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #96 on: July 09, 2020, 08:32:59 PM »

Orders sent
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2020, 08:34:54 PM »

Good, I've got some ideas for 1836, but I need to see how 1835 turns out first.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2020, 03:01:37 AM »

I had a RL emergency, but everything is fine now and I am typing up my orders as we speak.
I hope you're being okay.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #99 on: July 10, 2020, 07:19:39 PM »

I hope you're being okay.

Yeah, all is well now Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies