Age of Steam and Steel: Concert of Europe Part III (Sign up and Rules Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:39:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Age of Steam and Steel: Concert of Europe Part III (Sign up and Rules Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15
Author Topic: Age of Steam and Steel: Concert of Europe Part III (Sign up and Rules Thread)  (Read 15914 times)
Spamage
spamage
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: September 12, 2020, 08:50:14 PM »

Let me present you my new character : Grandmother Queen regent Marie Ferdinanda. She has vowed to not die until all his Grace's enemies are dead and evil has been driven from the realm.

Who would have thought there could be two grandmother regencies at the same time.
Actually, there are THREE grandmother regencies. Remember Joseon? Cheesy

Oh you're right. I was forgetting Prussia Smiley Maybe I need to start sparing the spouses when there's an assassination attempt. Tongue
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #251 on: September 12, 2020, 10:28:38 PM »

Let me present you my new character : Grandmother Queen regent Marie Ferdinanda. She has vowed to not die until all his Grace's enemies are dead and evil has been driven from the realm.

Who would have thought there could be two grandmother regencies at the same time.
Actually, there are THREE grandmother regencies. Remember Joseon? Cheesy

Oh you're right. I was forgetting Prussia Smiley Maybe I need to start sparing the spouses when there's an assassination attempt. Tongue

It wouldn't necessarily matter depending upon how the grandmother and mother feel about each other.  Altho, Heonjong may have been a special case since his father predeceased him, thus Sunwon had been the Queen when Heonjong inherited the throne from his grandfather. That said, Heonjong will be 14 this year (by Korean age reckoning, 13 by Western reckoning), and unlike real life I don't intend to cling to power as Sunwon, Once he has at least one heir, I'll try to turn things over to him, even tho Sunwon will still try to retain some influence from behind the throne.  Whatever the merits of the ladies may have been, the Queen Dowagers of 19th century East Asia historically didn't help their countries all that much.  Of course, if I'd played Sunwon with historical accuracy, it wouldn't have been nearly as much fun.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #252 on: September 14, 2020, 12:09:39 AM »

Turn 6 is open, it will continue (for now) until Monday, September 21st. Expect a midturn update later this week (Thursday or Friday). Much faster than I expected, though that comes with having less players, I suppose.

A couple of things to note: Louisiana's numbers are larger because they have assumed direct control over the American rebel army. I've decided to keep China, Russia, and Persia's numbers (hopefully if I remember I'll add back some of the former player nations as well). I realized having Spain's numbers made everything a lot easier when I'm tracking NPCs.

Also, wow, we're getting into a time period where armies can get encircled and eliminated more than in the past. Big blows of Austria and Russia (who both, admittedly, have men to spare). Should be quite unique moving forward Smiley

I have a bunch of diplomatic things to respond to, expect me to get back in the next couple of days. Let me know if there's any concerns with the update or something I forgot. Thanks!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #253 on: September 16, 2020, 05:44:46 PM »

Midturn moves posted
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #254 on: September 16, 2020, 08:11:22 PM »

Can midturn please be extended one day?  I had RL emergency today and may not be able to get them in otherwise.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #255 on: September 16, 2020, 08:24:10 PM »

Can midturn please be extended one day?  I had RL emergency today and may not be able to get them in otherwise.

I was not planning on posting them today anyways, they'll probably come late tomorrow.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #256 on: September 16, 2020, 09:08:55 PM »

I was not planning on posting them today anyways, they'll probably come late tomorrow.

Could it please be after 11:30 EST?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #257 on: September 16, 2020, 10:27:00 PM »

Could it please be after 11:30 EST?

Given I'm on the west coast, that's no issue at all.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #258 on: September 17, 2020, 04:38:10 PM »

I’m sorry, but I really think I’m gonna need tomorrow.  Can the midturn please be extended until then?  I can explain more via PM if need be although it’s kinda private tbh.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #259 on: September 17, 2020, 04:42:19 PM »

I’m sorry, but I really think I’m gonna need tomorrow.  Can the midturn please be extended until then?  I can explain more via PM if need be although it’s kinda private tbh.
I'm sorry for hearing about that. I hope you're being fine IRL.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #260 on: September 17, 2020, 05:02:00 PM »

And regarding update, perhaps it could be about some stuff happening in Europe while leaving X world alone so he could make the moves at the end of the turn even if he misses the midturn?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #261 on: September 17, 2020, 05:59:12 PM »

And regarding update, perhaps it could be about some stuff happening in Europe while leaving X world alone so he could make the moves at the end of the turn even if he misses the midturn?

I have stuff I’d really like to get in during the midturn if at all possible and some of it does involve Europe, so...
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #262 on: September 17, 2020, 07:26:42 PM »

I have stuff I’d really like to get in during the midturn if at all possible and some of it does involve Europe, so...

So does this mean that Catholic Republicans are going to want to start a new papal election or something else?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #263 on: September 17, 2020, 08:10:42 PM »

No problem, I was probably going to need to push it back regardless as I’ve been working late today.

Just a reminder to everyone though, given the volume of midturn orders only 2 threads will be chosen for updates.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #264 on: September 17, 2020, 08:20:54 PM »
« Edited: September 17, 2020, 08:29:34 PM by Southern Motherf***in' Catholic Republicans »

So does this mean that Catholic Republicans are going to want to start a new papal election or something else?

No comment.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #265 on: September 18, 2020, 06:47:10 PM »
« Edited: September 18, 2020, 07:05:28 PM by Southern Motherf***in' Catholic Republicans »

I'm sorry, I've got to drop out.  I just have too much I have to deal with RN with RL.  

Edit: I'm actually gonna hold off till tomorrow and make sure I'm not reacting impulsively due to personal RL stuff.  Spamage, can you please not include anything effecting Brazil, the other Latin American Catholic-Republican countries, or Portugal in the midturn update?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #266 on: September 18, 2020, 11:08:42 PM »

Midturn posted, I received quite a bit of orders this go around and had to be strategic to ensure I had an update that fit with existing requirements (some of you are threading the line about no direct actions against one another quite carefully Wink ). Everyone who did not have their moves chosen is, as always, welcome to submit their orders for the midturn as a part of their regular end-turn orders.

Also, the website (or maybe my connection) crashed as I was posting. I can see it as posted, but it's not showing up as the most recent post for some reason. If you all have trouble seeing it, let me know.
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #267 on: September 18, 2020, 11:22:59 PM »

You can't trust Hohenzollerns anywhere.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #268 on: September 18, 2020, 11:23:44 PM »

Either it's  a very short midturn or only 1 of your 2 usual posts got put up.  I only see the news about the declaration of a Kingdom of Padania and Quebec striking north.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #269 on: September 19, 2020, 02:34:32 PM »

Very sad to say this but I'm going to be having to drop out.

I've really enjoyed this & it's been great fun (I still think we won't see anything like the invasion of the suez in another game) but sadly I'm back to working insane hours again for the next few months so I can't put the time in that I'd want
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #270 on: September 19, 2020, 02:35:32 PM »
« Edited: September 19, 2020, 03:17:57 PM by Chief Justice windjammer »

I don't want to be the person to say that but. We have way too many NPC players and everyone is busy. Maybe this turn should be the last turn with an epilogue?

I'm honestly busy at hell as well.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #271 on: September 19, 2020, 06:07:41 PM »

If it helps, I've decided to keep playing Smiley
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #272 on: September 19, 2020, 06:14:58 PM »

Honestly I just hope the game will soon end. China, Japan, UK, Russia are gone.
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #273 on: September 19, 2020, 06:17:34 PM »

I think the Great Eastern War makes it hard to end the game either way right now. Either side could win.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #274 on: September 19, 2020, 06:33:55 PM »

I think the Great Eastern War makes it hard to end the game either way right now. Either side could win.

The great Eastern war is going to last for 4 additional turns. The game would have already ceased to play since then.

In the first game, we stopped the game while a major war still happening. In the second, a UK vs Quebec war happened etc
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies