Bill Maher: 70% of Democrats misinformed on Covid
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:33:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bill Maher: 70% of Democrats misinformed on Covid
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Bill Maher: 70% of Democrats misinformed on Covid  (Read 1501 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2021, 05:15:42 AM »

It's a shot at Biden, since he came in on the notion he was gonna fix everything and the Covid virus has increased not decreased. If you go back to debates Biden told Trump he would fix Covid

The 1.9 Stimulus bill was supposed to be the last one and push Covid away, it looks like D's will have to give another one since Covid is still here

That's why his 2T Infrastructure spending is being cut to 800B

Did Biden really think he was gonna get away with that since Covid is with us

D's were misinformed by Covid, it's a virus we are stuck with that Biden can't get rid of, they thought big Govt was gonna fix and it hasn't yet
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2021, 05:52:27 AM »

On this particular question, however, it is VERY normal for people to overestimate the risk of pretty much everything. Part of the reason for this is that we are very risk averse in general and part of the reason is media blowing things out of proportion. If you were to ask people about the risk of being the victim of violent crime or a terrorist attack, those risks would also be blown way out of proportion.

No, it is not normal. And it's a topic that has been covered 24/7 in more than a year. You can't compare it to terrorism that gets covered only occasionally and briefly. You have all time in the world to get facts straight. It's 100% on media and politicians, and it is the reason why Europe mostly kept schools open, while Democrats of USA didn't. Fearmongering.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2021, 07:50:46 AM »
« Edited: April 20, 2021, 07:54:04 AM by Torrain »

For all of his "religion bad, science good" posturing, he really is a pretty bad arbiter of scientific truth. I remember that he once had a panel, I believe including Marianne Williamson, where someone (correctly) stated that there is no compelling evidence that GMOs are dangerous for humans and Maher laughed in his face while refusing to actually provide any evidence to the contrary, because there is none. I also believe that he has gone on about how you can get "too many vaccines" and that's why he doesn't like the flu vaccine. And then in this video, he says that the reason why COVID cases have declined in Texas after lockdowns were lifted is because there's more "sunlight and wind" Huh

He's known to be one of those homeopathy cranks

And herein lies the great hypocrisy of Maher.

Homeopathy is more woo than most. Beyond the surreal reasoning that medicine gets stronger as it becomes more dilute, most homeopaths also repeatedly hit the mixture with a stick or book to 'energise' the molecules (using occult reasoning, rather than even attempting a medical explanation).

The fact that Maher is on board with alternative 'medicine', but thinks that he's 'better' than anyone who holds a religious belief, is just infuriating.

And he's not 'Team Science'. He's far too dogmatic for that!

I've been involved in some science communication work as part of my postgrad. And if you want to improve scientific literacy, and vaccine/medicine uptake, the last thing we want to do is denigrate the beliefs of those we want to reach out to. It's an instant turn-off for most people. I'm know I can be hard on homeopathy, but in person, I'd try to at least be understanding.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies