The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:17:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (search mode)
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 168392 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: February 16, 2021, 05:37:20 PM »

In response to the query above, to save the nation from tyranny, when only patriots with guns can effect that. Oh wait a minute!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2022, 08:22:52 PM »
« Edited: May 27, 2022, 08:19:14 AM by Torie »

Absolutely none of what you wrote changes the fact than a successful invasion/occupation of the UK, and subsequent overthrow of the British government, was impossible. Hence, no, the British Government was never at any threat by the Nazis.

End of discussion.

No, that is not correct. If you wish to argue that there was never any threat and that a successful invasion at any point was impossible and that everyone who 'mattered' knew this, then you have to provide some actual evidence, which thusfar you have failed to do. An invasion being unlikely to succeed from the summer of 1940 onwards and extremely unlikely to do so from the autumn of 1940 onwards does not mean that there was never a realistic threat of invasion and does not mean that the British government was not deeply concerned at the prospect for a significant and frightening length of time. And of course the issue here was:

This is intensely off topic, but I will make my position clear: Operation Sea Lion had a 0% chance, all throughout the war, of accomplishing its objectives, had it ever been launched. There was never any chance of Nazi occupiers overthrowing the government of Britain, because Nazi Germany was incapable of successfully invading Britain. I say this because this is what all historian analysis’ on the subject agree upon. Not a single reputable historian has ever alleged that Sea Lion even had a chance at being successful. It was not “unlikely” to succeed, it was impossible.

In some alternate reality where things went better for Germany, could they have become crazy enough to launch the invasion? Maybe. But it would’ve gone absolutely no where for them. At best, they suffer significant losses and a humiliating defeat, at worst, they lose the entire war from it.

There are plenty of resources available to show all of the above to be the case.

The issue is whether the Nazi's could have starved the UK into submission by focusing single mindedly on bombing the ports, instead of getting deflected into bombing other targets. And of course not invading Russia, declaring war on the US and so forth.

https://gizmodo.com/could-the-nazis-have-starved-britain-into-submission-1377975000
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2023, 02:07:41 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2023, 02:14:14 PM by Torie »

No, but hey, maybe it is best.  Sunglasses
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2023, 05:51:43 PM »

LOL the only reason Badger was a Republican was so he could vote in Republican primaries to ensure that his boss at the time would keep his job. Acting like he was ever a real Republican is laughable.

When I switched my registration to Dem from Pub, and immediately changed the color of my avatar here (some might remember that), my hand was literally shaking as I affixed my name to the requisite document. I had been a registered Pub for close to 50 years. This happened in 2015, pre-Trump, but the tides were not promising. The thing is that elements of any party coalition wax and wane. My element waned to extinction. It's gone.

I find it distasteful to question the motives of private citizens, as opposed to politicians on the make. We all have our own journeys, and I would like to think most of us traverse them in good faith.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2023, 12:16:20 PM »

I once again call upon the mods to delete this thread. It is just becoming a repository of posts with which Ferguson disagrees.

Without this  thread I would never have known that Scott would never vote for me for POTUS, so it has value.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies