The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:36:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (search mode)
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 168471 times)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« on: April 21, 2021, 01:40:30 AM »

By the way, for information's sake.
Minnesota has a 5% Black CVAP population and the jury was picked from all around Minnesota.
The jury of 12 has 4 black jurors and a few mixed race.
The odds of there being 4 or more black jurors is 0.2% assuming pure random selection from Minnesota citizens of voting age.
This is not how voir dire works.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 07:39:18 PM »

In response to a post saying that Britain’s government was never in serious threat during WW2:

Pseudohistorical nonsense. An invasion was planned in great and exhaustive detail and would have occurred had the Battle of Britain not ended in decisive defeat. Why don't you f**ck off and read some actual history for a change?

The idea that Operation Sea Lion had a >0% chance of succeeding is probably the dumbest historical take I’ve ever seen on this whole site, and certainly the dumbest about WW2.
You claim that Britain was never under 'any real threat'. Irrespective of Sea Lion's odds of strategic success, this is bonkers.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2022, 07:53:53 PM »

I said that the government was never under any real threat. They never had to worry about the possibility of losing their power to the Nazis. I clarified that British citizens of course had to worry about bombing campaigns/rockets.
If you mean the possibility of full blown Nazi occupation, sure, that was quite unlikely.

Beyond that, there were many threats to the British effort to prosecute the war and by extension, the British government. Certainly in 1940 there was a distinct possibility that Britain would conclude a humiliating armistice with the Axis powers.* If the Atlantic war had gone differently, that could have threatened the supply of basic goods on the homefront. I wouldn't totally discount the potential of domestic unrest were things to get dire enough on that front.

Bottom line: I don't know how you can conclude there was no real threat to Britain during the war. Total victory for the Allies and the United Nations was not inevitable.

*Your post mentioned the mentality of 'if threatened, surrender without fighting'; surely an armistice or further appeasement would qualify as something along those lines
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2022, 05:20:09 PM »

Regarding whether to vote for TDAS04 vs. Jason Ravensborg.

Ravensborg.

I don't vote for people who consider me an HP.  

Ravensborg's situation is being misrepresented here, btw, and in a way that wouldn't be so if he were a Democrat.

Fuzzy's "contributions" to the thread go downhill from there.

Notice that in all these years on Atlas, he's never said the same about Ted Kennedy.
Ayy lmao
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2023, 12:38:07 AM »

As for Trans Kids getting "kicked out" of their homes:  How many of these kids are "kicked out" not for "being trans", but for behaviors such as drug abuse, dysfunctional sexual behaviors carried out in the home, and other dysfunctional behaviors that keep the home in turmoil?

Few posts on this forum truly qualify as Satanic, but this one most certainly bears the mark of the beast.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2023, 01:21:50 AM »

I said after the 2022 midterms that Democrats still being shell-shocked from 2016 explained a lot of the overperformance.

I don't think people who lived through that will ever let that happen again. Most Democrats I talk to still don't believe any polls showing Biden ahead, in fact I hear them terrified about his re-election prospects the same way they sounded 3 years ago. I really, really don't think complacency is going to be an issue for Democrats as long as Trump is the face of the party.
How is this absurd?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2024, 08:16:34 PM »

Dems need to go for the disaffected middle and turn US politics into the Lib Dems vs UKIP. Leave the blue hair brigade politically homeless and disenfranchised forever.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies