The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 11:56:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 ... 131
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 181667 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2800 on: September 30, 2023, 10:39:32 PM »

Not letting enemy combatants come in, spread their legs and produce fresh reinforcements is anti-American? What?

Jesus. BG - NY has always been a racist xenophobe, but that is outright storm front level. Disgraceful
I'm anti-censorship so I won't report this libel, but there is nothing racist about me. I don't like white immigrants either, and have long been a proponent of a northern border wall. Zero means zero.

"I'm not a racist, I'm just a xenophobe."

Like that's any better?

Racism is absolutely worse than xenophobia and it's not remotely close.

Both are inexorably tied to the basic character flaw of bigotry. WTF is the matter with you?? Serious question.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2801 on: September 30, 2023, 10:46:12 PM »

Racism is a hatred of a person based on their race, which they can't control. Xenophobia is a "hatred" (it's not, it's just a word that people invented to demonize immigration realists) of people for having come to a new land, a factor that is entirely in their control.

And the "reformed" white supremacist joins in proving my point.

Yeah, people created xenophobia not because prejudice against foreigners is vile and downright evil, but because they were sitting around one day with nothing else to do. As in Melania ago during the time of ancient Greece. So it was invented then so Athens politicians could get rid of their border patrol?

Hate to break it to you, but bigotry and Prejudice is still awful whether you when does it against a particular race, or because of people's foreign nationality, or because of their religion. Based on your so-called logic, anti-Semitism would be fine and dandy because people can after all choose what religion they belong to. I'm sure many of your old skinhead buddies would agree.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #2802 on: September 30, 2023, 10:47:44 PM »

It's genuinely unsettling to see bigots -- sorry, ""immigration realists"" attempting to claim their hatred of foreigners and outsiders as somehow permissible and even virtuous
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2803 on: September 30, 2023, 10:50:32 PM »

Racism is a hatred of a person based on their race, which they can't control. Xenophobia is a "hatred" (it's not, it's just a word that people invented to demonize immigration realists) of people for having come to a new land, a factor that is entirely in their control.

Yeah, people created xenophobia not because prejudice against foreigners is vile and downright evil, but because they were sitting around one day with nothing else to do. As in Melania ago during the time of ancient Greece. So it was invented then so Athens politicians could get rid of their border patrol?

Hate to break it to you, but bigotry and Prejudice is still awful whether you when does it against a particular race, or because of people's foreign nationality, or because of their religion. Based on your so-called logic, anti-Semitism would be fine and dandy because people can after all choose what religion they belong to. I'm sure many of your old skinhead buddies would agree.
Ok. Where do I start with all this hooey?

1. You seem particularly angry tonight. Want to talk about it?

2. The canned "reformed white nationalist" line is as tired as it is false. You keep using to dodge anything I have to say, but it isn't going to work.

3.  I do not even understand the point you're trying to make in the second paragraph.

4. Judaism is a religion, but being Jewish is a race/ethnicity. So anti-semitism absolutely falls into the category of racism.

It's genuinely unsettling to see bigots -- sorry, ""immigration realists"" attempting to claim their hatred of foreigners and outsiders as somehow permissible and even virtuous
Because it isn't a hatred of foreigners. I don't hate 10,000 Guatamalans coming across the Rio Grande for being Guatamalan. I don't hate them at all in fact. But I do dislike that 10,000 people are coming across the border at a time. That is called immigration realism.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #2804 on: September 30, 2023, 10:51:28 PM »

No, like Sanchez already said hating someone for an immutable trait is far worse. This should be basic.

how, exactly, is "being different than you" not an immutable trait? people don't exactly get to decide their culture and nationality at birth. They're born with it just as much as they are race
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2805 on: September 30, 2023, 10:52:02 PM »
« Edited: September 30, 2023, 11:23:33 PM by Badger »

Not letting enemy combatants come in, spread their legs and produce fresh reinforcements is anti-American? What?

Jesus. BG - NY has always been a racist xenophobe, but that is outright storm front level. Disgraceful
I'm anti-censorship so I won't report this libel, but there is nothing racist about me. I don't like white immigrants either, and have long been a proponent of a northern border wall. Zero means zero.

"I'm not a racist, I'm just a xenophobe."

Like that's any better?

Racism is absolutely worse than xenophobia and it's not remotely close.

Both are inexorably tied to the basic character flaw of bigotry. WTF is the matter with you?? Serious question.

No, like Sanchez already said hating someone for an immutable trait is far worse. This should be basic.

What's the matter with you? You have a real anger problem and lash out a lot. Aren't you an old man with a family? Is getting triggered on an obscure message board and drunk posting really how you want to spend your golden years? You're turning into a red av fuzzy but without the occasionally thought proving historical insight.

So tell us how anti-Semitism is cool because being Jewish is a choice, chucklehead.

My "problem" is that I will gladly and unhesitatingly call out bigots like you who proclaim the world that prejudice against immigrants is a okay because reasons. If you had the common sense of God gave a Nat you would understand how fundamentally repulsive that view is, and not be remotely shocked as to why you're being called out on it.

And no, I'm completely sober thank you very much. But if you want to go down being that kind of an inks hole again to defend your own fundamental amoral bigoted prejudice, then be my guest.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2806 on: September 30, 2023, 10:53:49 PM »

2. The canned "reformed white nationalist" line is as tired as it is false. You keep using to dodge anything I have to say, but it isn't going to work.

3.  I do not even understand the point you're trying to make in the second paragraph.

4. Judaism is a religion, but being Jewish is a race/ethnicity. So anti-semitism absolutely falls into the category of racism.

Because it isn't a hatred of foreigners. I don't hate 10,000 Guatamalans coming across the Rio Grande for being Guatamalan. I don't hate them at all in fact. But I do dislike that 10,000 people are coming across the border at a time. That is called immigration realism.

Shocked Holy Inks that is a vile post from top to bottom. Judaism is a race/ethnicity? You must have earned those red boot laces.

Oh, and you're right. That "reformed" part really needs to get dropped.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2807 on: September 30, 2023, 10:55:28 PM »

how, exactly, is "being different than you" not an immutable trait? people don't exactly get to decide their culture and nationality at birth. They're born with it just as much as they are race
Being "different from me" isn't the problem. The problem is that the person in question, whether they be Irish or Guatemalan or Haitian or Laotian or whatever, is making a choice to come here, in violation of the law and organized process.

3.  I do not even understand the point you're trying to make in the second paragraph.

Shocked Holy Inks that is a vile post from top to bottom. Judaism is a race/ethnicity? You must have earned those boot laces.
Yes? Most Jewish people I know consider themselves Jewish even if they don't believe in a God. Have you ever met a Jewish person in your life? I mean, that shouldn't surprise you. They identify as an ethnic group and culture that is independent of the religious aspect of Judaism. Quit trying to make a mountain of a molehill. You're only making yourself look more belligerent than usual.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2808 on: September 30, 2023, 10:56:49 PM »

Also try and come up with something more clever than the red laced boots line, dude. You keep using the same canned personal attacks. Come up with some new material, dude.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2809 on: September 30, 2023, 10:59:52 PM »

No they're not lol. Some people are born literally caught between two cultures. And later in life a person can shift from Islamist culture to Western culture or to a hybrid culture for example. Not true for race, a Black man will always be a Black man and will face systemic biases in America due to his race, though of course hopefully fewer with every passing generation.

Culture has a real impact on the safety of sexual minorities as well! Hamtramck Michigan and their all Muslim city council recently passed an ordinance prohibiting pride flags on city property. They claimed the majority of residents were offended by them. We have enough religious fundamentalist here. Why diversify the bigot pool any further?

And btw, while you probably think I'm some far right nutcase on borders, I'm not at all. My position would fit well in the British Labour party. I think Obama's first term policies were reasonable and I wish we'd return to them. But sometime around 2014 everything relating to immigration broke.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2810 on: September 30, 2023, 11:01:05 PM »

Also try and come up with something more clever than the red laced boots line, dude. You keep using the same canned personal attacks. Come up with some new material, dude.

Okay, how's this and then I'll end it for the night. You can jerk off on your keyboard all you want. Taking any one of 98% of those Guatemalans who make your pure Aryan blood goes so ice cold would be a good trade for you, or BG- NY for that matter. Deporting either one of you and your attendant bigotry for any one of those immigrants would be a Net gain for this country and it's society.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #2811 on: September 30, 2023, 11:32:43 PM »

ChairmanSanchez has always been a brownshirt freak and the following post is not intended for him: a very substantial proportion of immigrants have no say in whether or not they become immigrants because they are brought to another country when they are children. And plenty of immigrants are refugees, whose next best alternative is being murdered.

As an example, someone full of hatred and loathing of generic immigrants in the 1930s (no one actually thinks like this but suppose some crypto Nazi pretends to think like this) might have turned boats around carrying Jews from the US using the reasoning advanced here. Was it their choice to be refugees? No, not in a meaningful way: they are fleeing from severe oppression.

Last, the post in question pertains to the children of immigrants i.e. people who have no say in being born to immigrants and the post treats them as enemies, even though they have done nothing but lost the lottery of birth, whereby by virtue of who their parents might, they will be treated as pests.

This is why normal people on the forum despise and loathe the various bigots who preach an ideology of hatred against immigrants. They are creeps. They should be ashamed of themselves and hide their faces from the world.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2812 on: September 30, 2023, 11:35:08 PM »

The rebranding of Euromaidan as a “coup” has been one of the most successful Russian propaganda lines and one of the most frustrating considering it’s weak facts. When I think of the term “coup” an event where masses of people protesting the government over an economic policy, the government doing a failed violent crackdown that turns more people against them, the president resigning, his second in command taking over, elections being held, and then a new government taking over isn’t what comes to mind. It’s more worse is the smoking gun of this supposed “coup” is tedious stuff like Nuland or McCain saying in memos or phone calls that Euromaidan could lead to a pro-west government so we should support it. Yeah no sh*t they’d say/think that, any nation in that situation would have government officials saying this. I mean by that logic the American Revolution is a French backed coup

Yes, it was.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #2813 on: September 30, 2023, 11:36:11 PM »

No they're not lol. Some people are born literally caught between two cultures. And later in life a person can shift from Islamist culture to Western culture or to a hybrid culture for example. Not true for race, a Black man will always be a Black man and will face systemic biases in America due to his race, though of course hopefully fewer with every passing generation.

Culture has a real impact on the safety of sexual minorities as well! Hamtramck Michigan and their all Muslim city council recently passed an ordinance prohibiting pride flags on city property. They claimed the majority of residents were offended by them. We have enough religious fundamentalist here. Why diversify the bigot pool any further?

And btw, while you probably think I'm some far right nutcase on borders, I'm not at all. My position would fit well in the British Labour party. I think Obama's first term policies were reasonable and I wish we'd return to them. But sometime around 2014 everything relating to immigration broke.

Yet you spend all of your time defending far-right bigots and creeps on the forum, all the while defending mass deportations that resulted in unnecessary pain and suffering for many Americans who were born in this country. Why? What was the point of any of this?

I'm tired of this stuff man. Just join the other side, we don't need people like you.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2814 on: September 30, 2023, 11:38:31 PM »

Yet you spend all of your time defending far-right bigots and creeps on the forum, all the while defending mass deportations that resulted in unnecessary pain and suffering for many Americans who were born in this country. Why? What was the point of any of this?

I'm tired of this stuff man. Just join the other side, we don't need people like you.

Really? I do? That's why I'm always dunking on people like ER and Redban?

I support universal healthcare, massive infrastructure investment and sensible criminal justice reform. My immigration policy as I already stated is basically Obama 2008. I could never imagine myself voting Republican. So no, sorry, you're stuck with me. Deal with it.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #2815 on: September 30, 2023, 11:39:47 PM »

Finally, to be clear, it is quite possible to oppose immigration without hating immigrants. In fact, it's remarkably easy to do this. Usually, people justify this by making statements like "the country is too full" or whatever - I don't agree but these are pretty banal sentiments that I understand. On the other hand, there's nothing defensible at all about hating immigrants. They are usually poor people who want something better for their families. Even if you don't want them in your country, hatred isn't an appropriate reaction, is it?
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #2816 on: September 30, 2023, 11:43:28 PM »

What American citizens have been deported?

Horus is a good man who fights the lunacy of the religious right and the delusions of the open borders left.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #2817 on: September 30, 2023, 11:46:32 PM »

Horus is a good man who fights the lunacy of the religious right and the delusions of the open borders left.

When the parents of American citizens are deported, usually said citizens are also deported. I understand they aren't American citizens to you but in the eyes of the law, they are citizens, and in the eyes of most Americans, they are Americans as, if they were not, it would chip away at the premise that allows a solid 30% of the country to be classified as Americans without hesitation.

Various dullards on the forum can't grasp this because their stance on immigration isn't driven by any understanding of immigration but petty malice that erupts as they see a taco truck or a kebab stand or whatever.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2818 on: September 30, 2023, 11:50:47 PM »

When the parents of American citizens are deported, usually said citizens are also deported. I understand they aren't American citizens to you but in the eyes of the law, they are citizens, and in the eyes of most Americans, they are Americans as, if they were not, it would chip away at the premise that allows a solid 30% of the country to be classified as Americans without hesitation.

Various dullards on the forum can't grasp this because their stance on immigration isn't driven by any understanding of immigration but petty malice that erupts as they see a taco truck or a kebab stand or whatever.
Are you speaking about anchor babies? They can stay in the US with a guardian. It's a great evil that people can try and plant a flag here, very much an invasion, but under the current law, they are citizens. That's why I disagree with Vivek - as evil as the birthright cancer is, it needs to be overturned by constitutional amendment.

In terms of immigration...I live in Manhattan. Beautiful city, aside from all the illegals here. I visited Tokyo earlier this year. Incredible city in an incredible country with closed borders. Why can't we be the same?
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #2819 on: September 30, 2023, 11:58:58 PM »

Are you speaking about anchor babies? They can stay in the US with a guardian. It's a great evil that people can try and plant a flag here, very much an invasion, but under the current law, they are citizens. That's why I disagree with Vivek - as evil as the birthright cancer is, it needs to be overturned by constitutional amendment.

In terms of immigration...I live in Manhattan. Beautiful city, aside from all the illegals here. I visited Tokyo earlier this year. Incredible city in an incredible country with closed borders. Why can't we be the same?

If you like Tokyo so much, why don't you just emigrate there? I'd like the United States of America to remain the United States of America and am not interested in it morphing to suit the fantasies of some addled online bigot.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2820 on: October 01, 2023, 12:00:00 AM »

If you like Tokyo so much, why don't you just emigrate there? I'd like the United States of America to remain the United States of America and am not interested in it morphing to suit the fantasies of some addled online bigot.

Some people want to stay in their country of birth and fight for what they believe in instead of running away and leaving less privileged Americans to face the consequences.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2821 on: October 01, 2023, 12:01:07 AM »

Because I'm American, and my ancestors have been here for 5 or more generations in each line. I wouldn't abandon my homeland.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2822 on: October 01, 2023, 03:54:33 AM »

Because I'm American, and my ancestors have been here for 5 or more generations in each line. I wouldn't abandon my homeland.

Exactly how many generations does it take for someone stop being a “spawn of an invader” and start being a real American in your eyes?

The canned "reformed white nationalist" line is as tired as it is false.

So you haven’t reformed?
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #2823 on: October 01, 2023, 04:27:42 AM »

Jews are an ethnoreligious group. We are a people who have been around for 3,500 years. Any Jew will tell you this. I am not going to participate further in this dumpster fire of a discussion. Just wanted to set the record straight on that one issue.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2824 on: October 01, 2023, 04:28:15 AM »

Exactly how many generations does it take for someone stop being a “spawn of an invader” and start being a real American in your eyes?

So you haven’t reformed?
My eyes don't matter, but the eyes of the law do. If you are born on US soil, you are no longer an invader. This evil can't change, unfortunately, short of a constitutional amendment. So children of anchors born to illegals are not spawn of invaders.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 ... 131  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies