The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 07:51:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 ... 129
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 175409 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1800 on: May 13, 2022, 03:51:32 PM »

The leaker is clearly inciting violence and needs to be arrested

How are they inciting violence? They just leaked a draft opinion of an upcoming court case.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1801 on: May 13, 2022, 03:59:41 PM »

How are they inciting violence? They just leaked a draft opinion of an upcoming court case.

The ones who leaked the addresses
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1802 on: May 13, 2022, 04:53:15 PM »

The ones who leaked the addresses

Great. Then can we criminalize the morons who sue people who go out-of-state for an abotion?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1803 on: May 13, 2022, 05:11:45 PM »

No, you see, it's been determined that the leaker was most likely a conservative so they don't care about that now.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1804 on: May 13, 2022, 10:58:30 PM »

This whole thread is kinda dumb. It's just people posting posts that their political beliefs are not aligned with. Anyone who posts in here is just big mad that someone took a different opinion than them.

Thanks for the direct post.

But seriously, if it were that simple, this would be the busiest thread on all of Atlas.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #1805 on: May 15, 2022, 08:55:58 AM »

Every single one of bronz's posts from the Buffalo shooting thread belongs here.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1806 on: May 15, 2022, 05:11:50 PM »

I'd pick Ukraine, at least they have more unity against their oppressors. Here half the population supports the oppressors.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1807 on: May 16, 2022, 01:50:36 PM »

Bronz is gone until Midterms, that's a sigh of relief
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1808 on: May 17, 2022, 01:55:43 PM »

To be fair you sported an R-VA avatar and had the display name "Clinton-Kaine-Northam-Warner-Biden voter for Youngkin" for a long time. Soo...you're probably in that group of posters who likes MT's memes.
Also that name looks REALLY stupid now after Youngkin's victory. It's the circle jerking about how inevitable Matt Bevin was all over again.

Yeah that too. In fairness S019 changed his name from that before the election, and I'm hardly one to talk given my own bold predictions about a decent-margin McAuliffe win, but it's kind of an embarrassing name now nonetheless.
Honestly the reason I think those avatar/name/sig combos need to be banned is not just that they're incredibly annoying* but they actually degrade discourse here and create a sort of groupthink. Once that prediction is splattered in every single post someone makes it creates the look of a consensus and people don't want to challenge it. We saw this with KY-GOV, at first the forum was pretty split with many pointing out Bevin was likely vulnerable with his numbers being that bad but then once IceSpear put on his "TITANIUM SAFE R TROLOLOLOL" schtick the discussion just devolved into people circle jerking about whether Bevin would win by double digits or not. Anyone who ran against the hive mind was bullied relentlessly and then when it turned out to be a really wrong prediction...oh well everyone was wrong anyway! And then the themed avatars/names/sigs all vanished.

Really the sort of predictions made by them regularly turn out wrong, the last two examples are very prominent but there also was one in 2020 mocking the idea that Hispanics in Florida would swing R. And then that happened! Although largely forgotten because forum backlash forced the user to drop it.

MT Treasurer's are the most annoying though because they often mock things that he just made up to mock like that recent one about incumbents. But really it's the people who inexplicably think they're hilarious who are the real lame ones here.

*This is subjective of course but every time they flare up it seems a solid majority of the forum agrees and argued against them and there's a big messy fight about them, but the people doing them dig in and argue they're necessary because Chris Cillizza said something stupid or something.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1809 on: May 17, 2022, 01:57:24 PM »

To be fair you sported an R-VA avatar and had the display name "Clinton-Kaine-Northam-Warner-Biden voter for Youngkin" for a long time. Soo...you're probably in that group of posters who likes MT's memes.
Also that name looks REALLY stupid now after Youngkin's victory. It's the circle jerking about how inevitable Matt Bevin was all over again.

Yeah that too. In fairness S019 changed his name from that before the election, and I'm hardly one to talk given my own bold predictions about a decent-margin McAuliffe win, but it's kind of an embarrassing name now nonetheless.
Honestly the reason I think those avatar/name/sig combos need to be banned is not just that they're incredibly annoying* but they actually degrade discourse here and create a sort of groupthink. Once that prediction is splattered in every single post someone makes it creates the look of a consensus and people don't want to challenge it. We saw this with KY-GOV, at first the forum was pretty split with many pointing out Bevin was likely vulnerable with his numbers being that bad but then once IceSpear put on his "TITANIUM SAFE R TROLOLOLOL" schtick the discussion just devolved into people circle jerking about whether Bevin would win by double digits or not. Anyone who ran against the hive mind was bullied relentlessly and then when it turned out to be a really wrong prediction...oh well everyone was wrong anyway! And then the themed avatars/names/sigs all vanished.

Really the sort of predictions made by them regularly turn out wrong, the last two examples are very prominent but there also was one in 2020 mocking the idea that Hispanics in Florida would swing R. And then that happened! Although largely forgotten because forum backlash forced the user to drop it.

MT Treasurer's are the most annoying though because they often mock things that he just made up to mock like that recent one about incumbents. But really it's the people who inexplicably think they're hilarious who are the real lame ones here.

*This is subjective of course but every time they flare up it seems a solid majority of the forum agrees and argued against them and there's a big messy fight about them, but the people doing them dig in and argue they're necessary because Chris Cillizza said something stupid or something.

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1810 on: May 17, 2022, 01:57:58 PM »

Not an argument, also it’s really hilarious how all of these people live in your head rent free and you can’t tolerate your posts being posted here.
Cassandra
Situationist

« Reply #1811 on: May 17, 2022, 06:46:35 PM »

So far, Trump has as many votes as FDR.  What does that say about the credibiity of this forum?

This board seems to have acquired a lot more right-wingers lately.

True, but it surprises me that none of those who voted for Trump here (so far at least) voted for Bush II. 

Conservatives will change their ideology every five years to match whatever the right-wing media outrage industrial complex tells them to believe.

Watch, in about six weeks they'll all starting insisting they were never that pro-life.  Once the consequences liberals predicted actually come to pass.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1812 on: May 18, 2022, 02:11:29 AM »

Tonight's R Sen Primary shows Polls are worthless polls showed Keynetta and Barnette surging and they lost Big after Keynetta won the Debate and what happened to Conor Lamb

D's making R nut maps based on Approvals are gonna be so wrong in Nov, as I said it's a 303 map with D's fav in the S WI and PA 52/48 and wave insurance OH, FL, NC for the H majority and Trump backed candidates are gonna get Kenneth Blackwell numbers in Afro Americans community don't like Vance, Portman didn't win blacks but he leveled the playing field, Trump candidates are insurrection

But, the polls, R say about the Approvals the polls were wrong again
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1813 on: May 19, 2022, 10:48:12 AM »

Belief in right to conquest =/ “extremely awful belief.”
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1814 on: May 19, 2022, 07:26:24 PM »

It's not listed on the ballot, so of course not.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #1815 on: May 19, 2022, 08:26:49 PM »

This whole thread is kinda dumb. It's just people posting posts that their political beliefs are not aligned with. Anyone who posts in here is just big mad that someone took a different opinion than them.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1816 on: May 19, 2022, 08:50:15 PM »

You have to be somewhat careful attacking him because I believe he is on the spectrum. Not that that excuses his stupid statements, but in his case there is a reason for why much of what he says comes off odd.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1817 on: May 23, 2022, 06:15:21 PM »

It has become politicized by the Left.

I grew up with an FBI that was politicized by the Right and by J. Edgar Hoover, who was my personal pick for Scumbag of the Century.  COINTELPRO.  Blackmail of politicians.  Spying on American Citizens.  Truly liberal people worked to reform this, but today's illiberal Left has created a new politicized FBI.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1818 on: May 23, 2022, 06:19:07 PM »

I don't know about the '50s/60's, but he and Bill Clinton governed as moderate Republicans so it's definitely possible.

“Moderate Republican Obama” is well a take, but I expect nothing better for someone who loves Dr. Oz and is literally the epitome of the #populist LARP meme. Also finally good candidate to name this thread after.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1819 on: May 23, 2022, 06:30:41 PM »

I don't know about the '50s/60's, but he and Bill Clinton governed as moderate Republicans so it's definitely possible.

“Moderate Republican Obama” is well a take, but I expect nothing better for someone who loves Dr. Oz and is literally the epitome of the #populist LARP meme. Also finally good candidate to name this thread after.

Dude that poster literally was defending you in another thread and is one of the nicest posters on here.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1820 on: May 23, 2022, 11:28:33 PM »

And you are probably not even female.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1821 on: May 24, 2022, 09:41:21 PM »

I don't have a hateful or racist bone in my body. Even with that statement, I have no regrets defending you because you didn't deserve to get bullied, nobody does. People are more than their political beliefs. I'm not sure if I offended you in other ways, but I'm sorry if I have.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1822 on: May 25, 2022, 05:39:39 PM »

In response to a post saying that Britain’s government was never in serious threat during WW2:

Pseudohistorical nonsense. An invasion was planned in great and exhaustive detail and would have occurred had the Battle of Britain not ended in decisive defeat. Why don't you f**ck off and read some actual history for a change?

The idea that Operation Sea Lion had a >0% chance of succeeding is probably the dumbest historical take I’ve ever seen on this whole site, and certainly the dumbest about WW2.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1823 on: May 25, 2022, 05:51:12 PM »

In response to a post saying that Britain’s government was never in serious threat during WW2:

Pseudohistorical nonsense. An invasion was planned in great and exhaustive detail and would have occurred had the Battle of Britain not ended in decisive defeat. Why don't you f**ck off and read some actual history for a change?

The idea that Operation Sea Lion had a >0% chance of succeeding is probably the dumbest historical take I’ve ever seen on this whole site, and certainly the dumbest about WW2.
Have to agree here.
I'm shocked at how out of depth Al is on this specific facet, in an area he's rather knowledgeable on. And I'm saying this as someone who has learned more about Russian history because of him.
On AH.com, I learned that Sealion was a silly invasion that had no chance of succeeding. From people who knew what they were talking about. Every so often people would make threads asking "what if Nazis invaded Britain" and thinking it could happen, only to get schooled by people who knew better than them.
By no means am I putting any judgement on Al's overall postings, just looking at this in isolation. This little thing here is just utterly silly and is beneath his usual standards.
Cassandra
Situationist

« Reply #1824 on: May 25, 2022, 06:09:02 PM »

Have to agree here.
I'm shocked at how out of depth Al is on this specific facet, in an area he's rather knowledgeable on. And I'm saying this as someone who has learned more about Russian history because of him.
On AH.com, I learned that Sealion was a silly invasion that had no chance of succeeding. From people who knew what they were talking about. Every so often people would make threads asking "what if Nazis invaded Britain" and thinking it could happen, only to get schooled by people who knew better than them.
By no means am I putting any judgement on Al's overall postings, just looking at this in isolation. This little thing here is just utterly silly and is beneath his usual standards.

I was going to dunk on TheReckoning for being an obvious ah.com poster, but this is just too good. If that "Thande" guy wasn't a prolific poster a decade ago, this wouldn't even be a thing.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 ... 129  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies