The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:06:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 ... 128
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 168509 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1725 on: April 04, 2022, 07:08:18 AM »

Republicans do know how to win votes and turn out their base so you can't necessarily blame them. If anything I think Democrats should concede these issues to them and simply maintain a economically liberal message. If Democrats can get socially conservative, but economically liberal candidates elected then they could get things like a minimum increase passed. After all I think there are more socially conservative voters than LGBTQ voters in this country, so majority rules.

It speaks volumes that BRTD thinks this is awful but I think this is great.

It speaks volumes as to who is the elitist and who is not.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1726 on: April 04, 2022, 10:51:30 AM »

Republicans do know how to win votes and turn out their base so you can't necessarily blame them. If anything I think Democrats should concede these issues to them and simply maintain a economically liberal message. If Democrats can get socially conservative, but economically liberal candidates elected then they could get things like a minimum increase passed. After all I think there are more socially conservative voters than LGBTQ voters in this country, so majority rules.

Not wanting to throw queer people, etc under the bus is not elitism.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1727 on: April 04, 2022, 10:55:54 AM »

There aren't any state by state polls but Approvals we are getting very close to Eday where the Election is resolved regardless of what happens the Filibuster is gone next yr that means a Supermajority Senate and a Majority H D's can pass anything they want

As I have mentioned many time Minority turnout isnt R because most of the members on Welfare are Minorities, Minorities on Welfare and single white mom's aren't gonna vote R no matter how bad Biden Approvals are and there is precedent in 2018/2020 if Biden is still at 44% Approvals by EDay with VBM giving minorities access to voting we can still net the Trifecta, Trump did it twice net gained seats at 44% Approvals

Beto down only 42/40 to Abbott is good news because we have a bunch of H races that can go R in November

It's the vote that counts not just Approvals and it's not a white Election it's a black and Brown, minorities aren't trending because Welfare Received are minorities and single white female moms

I put this post here so many users think that Whites are underestimate in polls it goes both ways Minorities are underestimate in polls too that's why NEWSOM won the recall on minority support
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1728 on: April 04, 2022, 11:06:21 AM »

Unfortunately, historically there has been a linking of supporting marginalized groups with elitism in this country by reactionaries. Back in the day pro-slavery arguments constantly went back to attacking the abolitionist crowd as rich and elitist Northerns looking down on the Southern way or life and this line of argument carried over into Jim Crow. Hell, anytime the issue of racial profiling by cops comes up at some point the anti-profiling crowd will get attack for living in gated communities. So as much supporting the rights of marginalized people isn’t elitist it definitely has been linked historically
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1729 on: April 04, 2022, 11:52:58 AM »

I also like it being sarcastic, that users they don't make user Predictions like Sir Mohammed and Bronz say a state like TX or FL is safe R then put it in your map, your user Predictions don't have to be accurate but Xing thinks that just because he has an R nut map it's going be one, lol

I also like to comment on that's it's your PREDICTION it's not an Atlas results map that some think it might be
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1730 on: April 06, 2022, 04:11:00 PM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1731 on: April 07, 2022, 11:12:10 AM »

As I said before Ryan, Crist and Beto are Flush with Hollywood cash they are wave insurance candidate that will help end Citizens United that's why Hollywood donate to them, that's why I will continue to donate to Ryan and have to Beto anyone can lose we Ds don't have a monopoly on blue states that's why users indlcluding D's make those R nut maps it's their Perogotive it's my Perogotive to make a D Hack map, that's why I changed my map always near Election day from 303 to 413 and just did I will keep it that way from now on

RS don't have a monopoly on red states either

It's silly to think that D's have a monopoly on blue states and Rs in red states that's why I posted it here

Anyone can lose on EDay including Rs they lost in 2006/2008/2012/2018/2020
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1732 on: April 08, 2022, 02:13:55 AM »

Why in the world are we still testing people?  End this madness already!

Suddenly doing things that are the most basic common sense--testing people for infections so they can treat it, and isolating those infected so they don't spread it--has become this deranged moral outrage.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1733 on: April 26, 2022, 12:12:38 AM »

Seems like this man should be in a psychiatric facility, not a jail cell, even when you take into account the terminal illness.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1734 on: April 26, 2022, 07:52:59 AM »

Unfortunately, historically there has been a linking of supporting marginalized groups with elitism in this country by reactionaries. Back in the day pro-slavery arguments constantly went back to attacking the abolitionist crowd as rich and elitist Northerns looking down on the Southern way or life and this line of argument carried over into Jim Crow. Hell, anytime the issue of racial profiling by cops comes up at some point the anti-profiling crowd will get attack for living in gated communities. So as much supporting the rights of marginalized people isn’t elitist it definitely has been linked historically
[/b][/i]

The ignorant part is highlighted.

The idea that being socially conservative is throwing people under the bus is ignorant, especially in light of the behavior of the Woke amongst us over the last 2-3 years.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1735 on: April 26, 2022, 01:06:16 PM »

[/b][/i]

The ignorant part is highlighted.

The idea that being socially conservative is throwing people under the bus is ignorant, especially in light of the behavior of the Woke amongst us over the last 2-3 years.
Thank you for posting directly into the thread.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1736 on: April 26, 2022, 01:28:53 PM »

FWIW I've noticed the discourse on this is actually a good example of why as annoying as I find them in general the hyper-woke types are at least preferable to TERFs (referring to actual literal TERFs here, and not the term when used as a slur as it often is), the later are still mostly defending her and considering Depp an abuser despite all the evidence (although this isn't a shock, these were kind of the only people still accusing the Duke la crosse team after that story fell apart), while the woke crowd seems to be pretty much entirely anti-Heard as well. But this isn't surprising since the evidence is that she's a serial abuser and the majority of her victims are actually women.

A lot of so-called "TERFs" are themselves victims of rape and other forms of male violence, so I have some sympathy for them assuming the woman is right in cases like this. That doesn't actually make them right, and certainly it's been proven by cases like the Duke Lacrosse disaster that they can be VERY wrong (although I blame the f--king criminal DA for that particular atrocity far more than any feminists). But it does make their motives more sympathetic in my eyes. I can get why someone who had dick forced on her traumatically would be leery of the idea of dicks getting too close to her in private spaces, or might reflexively assume the one with a dick is more likely to be the aggressor in a given situation. Again this does not make them right or mean we shouldn't have an objective evaluation of each situation on a case-by-case basis; no one is shocked I have defended Bill Clinton here, not to mention Al Franken among others, so that might get me verboten in "TERF" spaces (aside from me just being male) even if I agree and sympathize with them a lot more than most men.

Anyway, regarding this particular case? I think both Depp and Heard are mentally ill. Both seem to have borderline tendencies and the former is clearly an alcoholic/addict. Again, I don't know who or what to believe exactly and care even less. Depp said some nasty things on tape; much could be excused as being emotional outbursts in the heat of the moment. At the same time, the very idea of Heard posing any kind of serious physical threat to him strikes me as a joke. It's something I agree very much with the "TERFs" on; they acknowledge fully the reality that men are significantly stronger on average than women, something much of modern feminism is extremely reluctant at best to acknowledge, even though it is one of the most essential and important distinctions between the two sexes, and indeed may be THE single thing which has historically ensured male dominance over females (considering there is zero difference in intelligence). To not acknowledge this reality is essentially to concede there is no difference between men and women at all, which defeats the point of feminism in the first place.

In any case, all I can say (and again I would get kicked out by TERFs for saying this, another distinction)? Amber Heard is hot as hell and I wouldn't kick her out of my bed even if she s--t it. And I sure as hell wouldn't be afraid of her hitting me LOL.

There's also the fact that Johnny Depp is like 20 years older and was and is far more famous and powerful than her, specifically more powerful both socially and physically. Forgive me for not buying this idea that he was somehow trapped and subdued and cowed into submission by this young, physically small woman. She had far more reason to believe he could knock her lights out than he ever had any reason to believe she posed any serious threat to him. He could have left at any time.

I was reluctant all this time to take sides on this, because I saw ALL the signs of a typical internet circlejerk a mile away. And now that more actual facts and information are coming out at trial which (unsurprisingly) muddy the waters, I feel vindicated in doing so. I don't think either party is innocent, to be clear, but I certainly don't think Depp is some martyr for the male cause or some helpless victim. That's utterly laughable.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1737 on: April 26, 2022, 03:07:28 PM »

I cannot wait til. Election is over you get Doomsday scenario I'm Yahoo because of the Ukraine War and Gas prices but when you get to the individual candidates our candidates are phenomenal compared to the Rs line Vance and Mandel, Heller and Grietans are horrible fits for the state

I walk by D's registered to vote canvassing places I don't know what this lack of enthusiastic narrative the media is telling us we Ds won the Cali Recall and narrowly lost VA by 2

Happy voting Day, looking forward for Ds beating expectations, if Pre Election polls were the Predictive why bother to vote we would just Elect our Govt by Pre Election polls Hogwash, they mean the World to Rs cause they don't win many elections we won 80/75M votes in 20 and 65/62M in 2016 and 65/60M in 2012 and 69/59M in 2008, need I say more

But, I have been unpredictable because of course the Approval
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1738 on: April 26, 2022, 03:52:26 PM »

Well, I hope the millions of people who benefit from this will appreciate it, because the millions of people who don't are going to hold a lifelong grudge against all Democrats.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1739 on: April 27, 2022, 02:25:58 PM »

Sorry for the double post:

So Democrats need to have fair maps because Democrats need to play by the rules, but Republicans are free to gerrymander all they want because they don't believe in rules, great.

Exactly, if your opposition to gerrymandering is sincere and not a political posture.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1740 on: April 27, 2022, 08:17:58 PM »

Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1741 on: April 27, 2022, 08:31:47 PM »

Sad to see you're so contemptuous of democracy.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1742 on: April 27, 2022, 08:43:02 PM »

I'd be a Republican if I was.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1743 on: April 28, 2022, 05:37:22 AM »

People keep talking about Student loan Discharge and they're gonna means test it just like IDR and Forbearance everyone think Ms with a 30 T deficit we're gonna give everyone a 50 J student loan Discharge if that was the case they Congress would spend another 2 T on one more stimulus check or pass BBB those cost 2 T get real the only person that will qualify for 50 K is a person on SSDI whom makes 15 K a yr on, which is about 12oo monthly if you make 2400:?nyhly and 15.00 an hr and work 40 Hrs you won't get a 50 K student loan Discharge it's that simple

If Biden was willing to forgive that sort of Debt he would have done so, but many people will qualify for 10 K
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1744 on: April 28, 2022, 09:46:35 AM »

It's a 303/235 map the Approvals of Govs shows that it is so users whom are Ds can stop making them with Turnout it's not gonna be a 2010 EDay we had only 90 M votes back then it's been 110/125 it won't be 80/75M because of the Ukraine War but it's gonna be 7
65/60M
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1745 on: April 29, 2022, 04:33:12 AM »

Defamation/libel/slander laws should not exist, nor should copyright. They are infringements on free speech.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1746 on: April 29, 2022, 01:59:53 PM »

Defamation/libel/slander laws should not exist, nor should copyright. They are infringements on free speech.

Pulling anything from pieman is unfairly low-hanging fruit. Posters like him are why the ignore button was created
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1747 on: April 29, 2022, 02:05:46 PM »

Someone please force The Pieman and Fuzzy to have a serous discussion on this matter.
Wink
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #1748 on: April 30, 2022, 04:50:18 PM »

How does one measure smart ? Serious question.

Whether or not they vote Democratic.

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1749 on: May 02, 2022, 09:45:01 PM »

While this is obviously GREAT news, pray that the 5 Supreme Court justices in the pro-life majority remain strong until the verdict is official. Pray for the state governments around the country that will determine abortion laws in every state.

Pray for the hearts and minds of every person in this nation. Pray that the Church will be able to continue to stand for both unborn babies and mothers with love, Truth, and compassion!

But, most of all, I'm so happy that I literally just cried. I've been waiting for this day since January 2008 (when I first heard of abortion) and sometimes wondered if it would ever come!!
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 ... 128  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies