The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:32:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 128
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 168541 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1700 on: March 07, 2022, 11:14:29 PM »

I believe the Biblical account of Creation, the Global Flood, and the age of the Earth.  I also believe that scientific evidence supports a ~6000 year old Earth if only they would consider the impacts of the Flood.

To disagree with such a post is fine and good.  Lots of people don't agree with this post.  I'm an Evangelical Christian and I don't particularly believe in Young Earth theology.  But to post this here just puts this poster's unbridled hatred for Evangelical Christians on display.  If someone placed a comparable post about an Islamic belief here, S019 would likely petition the post be removed, citing religious bigotry, etc.

There are many mainstream religious beliefs of faiths other than mine that I consider false.  I am sure that many people believe that my religious beliefs are false.  That's fine and good, and someday Faith will be Sight.  I would not, however, post such a theoloical quote from another poster here.  That S019 sees fit to do so is a view into his particular soul.  I'll leave it to the reader to decide what that view is like.

Young Earth creationism crosses the line from religious dogma into conspiracy theory. YEC and its adherents don't deserve to be treated any differently from flat-Earthers.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1701 on: March 08, 2022, 03:37:35 AM »

So, let me get thos straight more R nut maps are being created just because QU has Biden at 39 percent Landslide Lyndon warned us about University polls, QU strikes again with bad polling lol D's are leading in key battleground states in AZ, NV, PA, CO and FL

Tied in OH, WI and KS Gov and Reynolds is only 8 pts ahead and Grassley is up 15/20 but QU strikes again

Just remember if Rs take control the reason why we aren't getting Stimulus checks, one more Corporate taxes was taken by Ryan, Mcconnell and Trump from 35/20 Biden won based on raising corporate taxes to 27 and we will get BBB passed once a Secularist Trifecta forms after 22

QU IS A UNIVERSITY POLL IT OVERPREDICTED NIDEN IT HAD BIDEN WINNING OH PN THE LAST WEEKEND OF CAMPIAIGM

ITS NOT GOOD IF YOU ARE A D TO MAKE R NUT MAPS I WAS MAD WHEN I UNDERPREDICTED OBAMA MARGON IN 2008/12 IN fL, IN and NC it's more likely than not it's gonna be a 65/60 M election and that's a Landslide in Midterms we only won 46/43 M votes in 2018 and we won 41 H seats
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1702 on: March 12, 2022, 01:22:04 AM »

If I were a Defense Attorney in this case, I would try and argue that a hate crime is impossible because White People cannot be victims of hate crimes, only perpetrators of hate crimes.

Either it would get me an acquittal/hung jury, or it would get me laughed out of court.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1703 on: March 12, 2022, 04:57:50 PM »

I believe the Biblical account of Creation, the Global Flood, and the age of the Earth.  I also believe that scientific evidence supports a ~6000 year old Earth if only they would consider the impacts of the Flood.

To disagree with such a post is fine and good.  Lots of people don't agree with this post.  I'm an Evangelical Christian and I don't particularly believe in Young Earth theology.  But to post this here just puts this poster's unbridled hatred for Evangelical Christians on display.  If someone placed a comparable post about an Islamic belief here, S019 would likely petition the post be removed, citing religious bigotry, etc.

There are many mainstream religious beliefs of faiths other than mine that I consider false.  I am sure that many people believe that my religious beliefs are false.  That's fine and good, and someday Faith will be Sight.  I would not, however, post such a theoloical quote from another poster here.  That S019 sees fit to do so is a view into his particular soul.  I'll leave it to the reader to decide what that view is like.

Young Earth creationism crosses the line from religious dogma into conspiracy theory. YEC and its adherents don't deserve to be treated any differently from flat-Earthers.

That's what you think of religion in general.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1704 on: March 12, 2022, 07:41:35 PM »

What I disagree with:
America was founded as the land of religious freedom. Related to this, a state religion is always a bad thing.

Why:
America was the land where England sent its religious extremists. Some like Puritans were Taliban-like, while others like the Quakers were just considered odd.

As far as state religions, I would argue that the lack of a state religion is what led to today's fundamentalism. For all practical purposes, New England had a state religion, and isn't particularly religious today. Southern colonies were Anglican (and less religious than the rest of the nation), but the church didnt have much influence in sprawling rural areas, which led to every idiot interpreting the scriptures in his own nutty way. Sometimes its nice to have scholars interpret sources - imagine if you were teaching a class in your specialty and every student googles up some nonsense and claims you're wrong because google says so.

KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« Reply #1705 on: March 12, 2022, 08:59:15 PM »

What I disagree with:
America was founded as the land of religious freedom. Related to this, a state religion is always a bad thing.

Why:
America was the land where England sent its religious extremists. Some like Puritans were Taliban-like, while others like the Quakers were just considered odd.

As far as state religions, I would argue that the lack of a state religion is what led to today's fundamentalism. For all practical purposes, New England had a state religion, and isn't particularly religious today. Southern colonies were Anglican (and less religious than the rest of the nation), but the church didnt have much influence in sprawling rural areas, which led to every idiot interpreting the scriptures in his own nutty way. Sometimes its nice to have scholars interpret sources - imagine if you were teaching a class in your specialty and every student googles up some nonsense and claims you're wrong because google says so.

I wish you would stop minimizing the terror-fueled reign of the Quakers. Their famous acts of violence and denying UN food supplies to starving friends ought to be condemned to the highest degree.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1706 on: March 12, 2022, 09:11:14 PM »

What I disagree with:

Why:

I wish you would stop minimizing the terror-fueled reign of the Quakers. Their famous acts of violence and denying UN food supplies to starving friends ought to be condemned to the highest degree.
The night is filled with the screams of those who lay dying in blood-soaked oat fields, trembling before the vengeful grin of Great William Penn.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1707 on: March 13, 2022, 09:12:10 PM »

Info on the woman who would have died without the abortion? Or is this white lefty propaganda

It's in the article you dolt.

"Basically, the doctor looked at me and was like, well, the baby's underdeveloped," says Anna. "Even with the best NICU care in the world, they're not going to survive."

And as painful as it was to hear that, the doctors told Anna there was another urgent concern.

" 'You're at a high chance of going septic or bleeding out,' " she says the doctors told her — a risk of infection or hemorrhage, which could become deadly. " 'And unfortunately, we recommend termination, but we cannot provide you one here in Texas because of this law.' "

But under Texas law, abortions are allowed at that stage only for severe medical emergencies, defined as when a patient is "in danger of death or a serious risk of substantial impairment of a major bodily function."

And because fetal heart tones were detectable, doctors told Anna they couldn't offer her that option.

Have you ever read past the headline in your life?

title doesn't matchup with what you posted

What is the contradiction?

Texas woman has to fly to Colorado to get lifesaving abortion

" 'You're at a high chance of going septic or bleeding out,' " she says the doctors told her — a risk of infection or hemorrhage, which could become deadly.

Saying "to get lifesaving abortion" implies she will die. The article talks about complications and possibilities, not a guarantee. But, you knew this and tried to stretch the argument to make your point.
Its quite something to claim that your argument opponents are disingenuously stretching the arguments because they aren't using your pedantic definition of the word "lifesaving".
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #1708 on: March 20, 2022, 04:58:35 PM »

Yes. I would teach them about science and the reality of the universe. 

NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #1709 on: March 22, 2022, 07:07:30 PM »

I am actually glad he is saying this. Good for Braun.

All the Dems here who are squealing are the same ones who have people in the party like Maxine Waters, etc. who are probably not happy that Judge Ketanji is married to a WHITE MAN!!

WHITE MAN BAD. WHITE MAN EEEVILLLLL!!!!!!!

Yet, the irony of this is that white liberal men like Bradley Cooper, Tim Ryan, Travis Kelce, etc. hang around this stuff.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1710 on: March 23, 2022, 01:21:45 AM »

He (Bill Clinton) galvanized the right because his moderate rhetoric was just that and he was actually indistinguishable from people like Gore/Kerry/Obama/his wife on social (and cultural) issues.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #1711 on: March 23, 2022, 02:12:37 PM »

Context:

Hard to imagine anything more humiliating than getting second place in a competition nobody on earth else cares about only for the dumbest people on earth to go insane and demand I get a participation trophy for losing. Personally, I think I would prefer to just practice more
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1712 on: March 23, 2022, 02:53:51 PM »

Yeah Democrats should just give up on a Florida 5th based in Leon. DOA at SCOTUS. I think the recent SCOTUS decision at WI could put some fear in GOP legislators if DeSantis threatens to go nuclear(sue over legislative districts as well)
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #1713 on: March 23, 2022, 04:17:01 PM »

All the old guard of American Politics and Diplomacy are dying out.

It's actually kind of sad to see.
Albright and McCain have been vindicated when it comes to NATO, Eastern Europe, and Russia.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1714 on: March 23, 2022, 06:20:40 PM »

Government shouldn't be in the business of marriage anyway.

You don't really fully believe this, unless you oppose no-fault divorce and marital rape laws.

We should get rid of no-fault divorce, actually.  It's a cancer on our society.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1715 on: March 24, 2022, 10:14:50 AM »

This is the problem with the Left. Y'all hate whites, yet, you want to bring more of these people in the country. What's up with that?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1716 on: March 24, 2022, 12:18:29 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2022, 12:23:32 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

People obsessed with me inputting polls in the Database this isn't a state by state polls it's an Approval rating and it's probably will be from now on they polled so much during Trump because the D's were netting seats but they're not gonna poll that much if the status quo remains or D's losing seats , this is STATE BY STATE POLLS

I already figured this out why keep polling if it's a 3o3 map anyways but FL and one red state Senate race like an OH, NC, LA or MO can surprise us

Since, 2016 it's been a 65/62 M vote Election and before that it was a 45 M Sane day voting you can look at it on Election results we can still hold onto the H narrowly if we win a FL or a OH or a MO, but it's a 303 map not an R NUT MAP , because the NPI average not because of Biden  subpar Approvaks and Trump exceeded expectations both in 2018/20 and he was at 40/57 in 2018 and 43/54

Rs like to compare only Obama approvals to a Midterm but 2010/14 we're very low Turnout 33/33 M
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1717 on: March 24, 2022, 03:09:48 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2022, 03:13:08 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Well, it's over, there won't be anymore Student loan Pauses, the Feds are trying to get all the interest back they lost during the Pauses it makes sense now, what happened with inflation, everyone was getting those stimulus checks not paying their Student Loans, I am not talking about poor people, but buying extravaganza

Well, just like the unemployment and CDC momemtorim it's over

I don't want to talk about Bronz but we have slot of people that got college degrees and not using them, well it's time now.

I am not gonna rehash everything I said the General Electrion but it's true these stimulus checks paid people not to work

The reason the Govt needs their money is aid to Ukraine just like the student loan interest in the 1990s helped Welfare moms it's a new day, I am so glad, it doesn't hurt me, I get a deferment going back to school
😎😎😎

Again, there are too many people that have college degrees that wants to be paid not to work, you know if you don't make enough money on one job you can get two jobs you don't have to get a 6 figure Job
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #1718 on: March 27, 2022, 12:56:57 PM »

IQ is useless. I have thought that ever since my sister tested higher than me.

Instant classic.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1719 on: March 27, 2022, 01:11:59 PM »

IQ is useless. I have thought that ever since my sister tested higher than me.

Instant classic.

That seems like an obvious joke.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #1720 on: March 27, 2022, 09:02:20 PM »

He (Bill Clinton) galvanized the right because his moderate rhetoric was just that and he was actually indistinguishable from people like Gore/Kerry/Obama/his wife on social (and cultural) issues.

this is not absurd, it's true.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1721 on: March 28, 2022, 02:09:30 PM »

To be fair, it takes a very high IQ to grasp that humor.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1722 on: March 28, 2022, 04:24:20 PM »

this is not absurd, it's true.
Kerry voted against DOMA.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #1723 on: March 31, 2022, 10:17:31 AM »

Democrats hate every straight white male---straight white people in general since white women are not off the hook, either.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1724 on: March 31, 2022, 05:53:59 PM »

Republicans do know how to win votes and turn out their base so you can't necessarily blame them. If anything I think Democrats should concede these issues to them and simply maintain a economically liberal message. If Democrats can get socially conservative, but economically liberal candidates elected then they could get things like a minimum increase passed. After all I think there are more socially conservative voters than LGBTQ voters in this country, so majority rules.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 128  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies