The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:57:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 127
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 164483 times)
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1600 on: January 19, 2022, 04:11:30 AM »

[
DavidB has been a good Atlas buddy of mine since 2015 and I can tell you he isnt what you think he is.

Keep in mind polls have shown European Conservatives generally are to the right of American conservatives on immigration

See, I haven't met any member of this forum personally. In an Internet place like this, we only know each other through our posts. It seems to me being an Atlas buddy is not comparable to meet someone IRL and anyway that's a poor argument. I know the views of DavidB though occasional interactions and hundreds of posts

On the other hand, I don't dispute the average European can be conservative on immigration. But DavidB is further to the right of mainstream European conservatives, while Donald Trump was a conservative US president notorious for his sentence about a wall to be built across the Mexican border. I mean, what are you talking about?

Regarding the Great Replacement theory and the transatlantic connection

https://france24.com/en/europe/20211108-how-the-french-great-replacement-theory-conquered-the-far-right

Contentious Fox News host Tucker Carlson often refers to it live on air. It propelled a white nationalist to commit the 2019 terrorist attacks on two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, killing 51 people. Now it’s resurfacing in its country of origin, where far-right pundit Eric Zemmour is propagating the theory on TV and social media. But what is the "great replacement" theory and how did it originate? 

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1601 on: January 19, 2022, 12:54:34 PM »

[
DavidB has been a good Atlas buddy of mine since 2015 and I can tell you he isnt what you think he is.

Keep in mind polls have shown European Conservatives generally are to the right of American conservatives on immigration

See, I haven't met any member of this forum personally. In an Internet place like this, we only know each other through our posts. It seems to me being an Atlas buddy is not comparable to meet someone IRL and anyway that's a poor argument. I know the views of DavidB though occasional interactions and hundreds of posts

A atlas buddy of mine who is also a IRL buddy of Mine personally know DavidB as well and basically confirmed hes an FF as well
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1602 on: January 19, 2022, 05:28:57 PM »

Anyway, one of the things I'd do is use the nuclear codes to bomb Pyongyang for several hours straight.

Surprisingly, not S019 this time.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1603 on: January 19, 2022, 05:32:02 PM »

Anyway, one of the things I'd do is use the nuclear codes to bomb Pyongyang for several hours straight.

Surprisingly, not S019 this time.

I don't blame you for putting that post here...I mean, it probably is naive/ignorant to assume I could just get away with bombing it without North Korea getting wind of it and/or retribution, but there are legitimate reasons this wouldn't be a terrible idea -

I'm serious. I was reading Wikipedia pages about North Korea and its dictatorship about a week ago and I began to realize just how terrible life in North Korea must be. There are human rights abuses and life is literally a living hell - if you think our leaders are even remotely authoritarian, research North Korea and you'll realize it could be much, much, much worse (I'm not telling you specifically, I'm using it as a general term to anyone reading this post). So...yeah. And aside from that there are safety issues, since North Korea is working on nuclear weapons and successfully conducted a test a while ago. Who knows what they might do. So it's probably best to preempt them and just eliminate them and liberate millions of oppressed North Koreans (basically, like the argument George W Bush made to invade Iraq in the early 2000s, except this one is based on what is publicly known to be true and isn't covered in lies and distortions).
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1604 on: January 20, 2022, 08:51:09 PM »

Officeholders in AZ can be recalled if a petition garners signatures equivalent to 25% of the votes cast in the last election for that office, which in this case would be about 596,000 signatures. If this poll is even remotely accurate, the AZ Dems should be able to get that easily. If I were Ruben Gallego or someone connected to him, I'd quietly get an effort organized to recall her.
Imagine trying to recall FEDERAL office holder in accordance with state law, LOL.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1605 on: January 20, 2022, 10:22:52 PM »

Not sure why Scott Morrison wasn't included. Many countries have experienced democratic backsliding but Australia has easily been the worst. Voted "other". Austria and Israel (which, at least, seems to be changing course now) are two particularly bad cases out of a whole lot of other countries (including my own) that failed this democratic stress test.

HP for locking up her country for 1 COVID case out of 5 million people

Conservatives seem to have brainworms whenever they open their mouth about COVID.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #1606 on: January 20, 2022, 10:31:52 PM »

Not sure why Scott Morrison wasn't included. Many countries have experienced democratic backsliding but Australia has easily been the worst. Voted "other". Austria and Israel (which, at least, seems to be changing course now) are two particularly bad cases out of a whole lot of other countries (including my own) that failed this democratic stress test.

Conservatives seem to have brainworms whenever they open their mouth about COVID.
That actually happened though

Source: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-zealand-lockdown-one-covid-case/
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1607 on: January 20, 2022, 11:09:17 PM »

That actually happened though

Source: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-zealand-lockdown-one-covid-case/

"locking up her country," seems to imply that you think she's imprisoning them or something, that's the brainworms moment. You are, for whatever reason, unable to distinguish between imprisonment and measures to ensure public health. Also you may hate her, but her strategy kept cases very low and also kept deaths very, very low (a total of 52 deaths). She clearly handled it far better than your idol for sure.
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #1608 on: January 20, 2022, 11:12:53 PM »

Squinting

Another Democrat Media's peace of Fake News in order to steal election from Trump got busted.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1609 on: January 20, 2022, 11:56:07 PM »

Jesus Christ, that guy seems to ignore the existence of white supremacists in his country. They are crazy, yeah

For the love of god, how can you possibly say that someone who said this is a "fantastic guy"?

China can be predominantly Chinese and Nigeria can be predominantly Nigerian, why can't the U.S. - which was built up by Europeans - be predominantly European?

Like I said he has a very European view on that issue and his view would not be like that if he was American .

Also even if you think those views make him crazy, tell me do you not have a single friend or family member whose views you wouldnt consider crazy. If you dont then you are the one who is living in a bubble

No I was clear talking in the context of DavidB there

DavidB is indeed European, but his brand of white nationalism has equivalents on the other side of the Atlantic. There is no American exceptionalism and context does not justify moral relativism.

If DavidB was American,  he could have been a Trump supporter who stands for a White America.  No big difference with the European guy, actually

DavidB is not a white nationalist , its just his concept on what makes a nation a nation is different due to being European

Let me tell you that Europeans are mostly white. US supremacists and European far-right radicals share a common belief a white and christian civilization besieged by immigrants and minorities.

The views of DavidB on nation and ethnicity are not shared by all Europeans. I think that theory of the Great Replacement is very popular among certain people in the right like DavidB himself,  not by the European mainstream. For sure US supremacists believe in the Great Replacement. In the end, his brand of nationalism aims to preserve the "European Civilization" on both sides of the Atlantic. I won't delve into the personal contradictions of that poster here, just point that it's ignorant to ignore the transatlantic connections existing between far-right radicals

Blatant racism is cool as long as it's by a buddy!
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #1610 on: January 21, 2022, 02:50:08 PM »

I feel that it would be a wholly appropriate time to remind everyone that Robert Reich is 4'11.

I usually don't mock people's heights, but this embarrassing fool just endorsed violence against women, so I do not give him that level of respect.

Reich's got a genetic disorder. Congrats, now you're just as bad as him.

I was genuinely not aware of that. Deleting ASAP.

Putting this here because even if THG wasn’t aware of Reich’s disorder, belittling someone because of their height is still incredibly shameful and disgusting
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1611 on: January 22, 2022, 06:01:07 AM »

2700 deaths today. Very bad.

On the plus side we're now 2 weeks out from the probable peak in cases, so hopefully the deaths are peaking soon.

2800 deaths today and yesterday was revised to 3100 which is the most since last winter. Very bad.

That number could be 300,000 and this forum still wouldn't change its mind, it's that entitled and spoiled and dead set on "return to normal". It's even starting to borrow old Trump talking points, demanding the end of testing and saying that hospitalizations and deaths are inflated, insinuating that there is a conspiracy in the hospitals to label unrelated things as COVID.

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1612 on: January 26, 2022, 03:04:35 PM »

The same faction told us in 2017/18 Bill Clinton was the last white male Democratic president.

The last white male liberal to be on the Court. Period.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #1613 on: January 26, 2022, 07:39:35 PM »

Good.

Affirmative action is the greatest example of modern-day systemic racism.

Systemic racism? Talk about white fragility.

Fragility is when people are upset about being discriminated against, apparently.

Oh my goodness, white people have every advantage imaginable. Universities making a small effort to correct for this imbalance isn't discrimination. Mediocre white people need to realize that maybe they aren't qualified instead of crying about affirmative action.

Asians are white?

White adjacent, yes.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1614 on: January 26, 2022, 08:34:13 PM »

The same faction told us in 2017/18 Bill Clinton was the last white male Democratic president.

The last white male liberal to be on the Court. Period.
I mean, assuming things continue on their current trajectory with no changes to the map of US States, then Democrats will probably lose the Senate in 2022 and then never win it back ever again, which would make whoever replaces Breyer the last liberal on SCOTUS ever.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1615 on: January 26, 2022, 09:20:54 PM »

Good.

Fragility is when people are upset about being discriminated against, apparently.

Oh my goodness, white people have every advantage imaginable. Universities making a small effort to correct for this imbalance isn't discrimination. Mediocre white people need to realize that maybe they aren't qualified instead of crying about affirmative action.

Asians are white?

White adjacent, yes.

I think he was joking. Or at least I hope so.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1616 on: January 28, 2022, 01:46:32 AM »

Some people here need to cope harder.

Anyway, I might as well provide a critical effortpost in this trash heap of a thread. While I have massive respect for Lenin, it can’t be understated the clear and persistent mistakes made by him in matters of internal discourse and domestic matters.

Firstly, Lenin was supreme only to Trotsky in punching left. Whatever you make of the war in Ukraine, jailing the “left” communists inside the Bolsheviks and suppressing the various strikes brought on by wage controls was the wrong way to go. Lenin, along with Trotsky, were imperative in establishing a toxic and good olé Boys culture with the harassment and sexist remarks on figures like Alexandra Kollontai which would pervasively alienate the cultural and societal developments of the Soviet Union through reactionary views.

Secondly, Lenin’s two major mistakes in running the country were the undeserved promotions of Stalin and the NEP. Stalin’s promotion as play-up general would cost the war in Poland and the NEP would re-establish a rigid class structure they spent an entire war dismantling, wasting more resources trying to fix this error during a famine. The end of the great project was foreseen in its beginning

Still, we cannot forget that some great foundations stood the test of time. The Indigenization policies of the 1920 were vital in ethnic awakening and cultural outputs among diverse nations in the Soviet Union. Lenin promoted an Affirmative Action-like policy—the largest project until India—that promoted cosmopolitanism in the CPSU and in individual production sites that would last until its dissolution. That effort built most of the industrial and technological sites and innovations in the surrounding member republics, responsible for Kazakhstan being a mining giant and Estonia being a tech hub.

Also I might as well disprove some myths about his time leading the Bolsheviks

Despicable mass murderer. Gets a softer treatment in history than he deserves because his successor was more evil and more murderous and his predecessors were incompetent. The overwhelming majority of the Russian left was preferable to him (as well as all the liberals and many on the right), and did not support his brutal tactics and aims. He let his ideological dogmatism and pursuit for utopia blind him to the consequences of his actions among the poor suffering Russian people, especially the peasantry. Such terrible crimes as Decossackization, the suppression of the Tambov Rebellion, many of the policies of War Communism, the Red Terror, and more come to mind.

The humanitarian and scientific improvements of the USSR from the Tsarist backwater did not necessitate the historic amount of blood shed, lives ruined, families destroyed, and communities annihilated "in defense of the revolution."

Outside of virtue signaling about lost lives and downplaying the achievements of the Soviet Union, this post ignores the context of several actions done by the Bolsheviks and does not state the crimes done by others

How anyone could defend the pogrom-inducing, imperial warrior caste of Tsarist Russia is beyond me. The Cossacks were the main force of suppression of internal dissent and terror against bordering nations, peasants, and Jews in Russia. Their violence and fiefdoms needed to have been removed else the revolution fail. The Tambov rebellion, falsely painted as a rebellion of peasants against the Bolsheviks, were mainly former White officers taking advantage of the collapsing situation to hold onto territory. Indeed, outside of reactionary peasant leaders and the difficulty in maintaining the Soviet early on in the war through War Communism, the relations between the Bolsheviks and peasants were better if not the same then the remaining Left. Menshevik controlled Georgia and the nationalist republics in Poland, Azerbaijan, and the Baltics also heavily suppressed peasant uprisings and took harsh taxation and tribute. This, along with total war against the seceding republics, made it easy to conquer them.

I’m finishing this off with the usual stump speech. Education spending was rapidly increased for all in this new state under Lenin, Women could get an education and were strived to be equals under the law under Lenin, Lenin greatly aided anti-colonial and justice movements across the world, and finally sexual and artistic freedom were greatly expanded under Lenin. The revisionists and Landlords by all evidence deserved it, while the Leftcoms and Anarchists who had beliefs you all would still hope fail did not as much and in the way it happened.

Under Lenin during the revolution; he managed to recruit the best writer among the Mensheviks, the peasant leaders who didn’t accept compromise, and even a possible Okhrana agent. Lenin was chiefly responsible for getting workers to support the Bolsheviks, what the self-compromising Mensheviks failed to do. Lenin was furthermore in the literal middle of the party as the chief negotiator between the different factions. He was by all accounts a team player.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #1617 on: January 28, 2022, 06:41:53 AM »

Let me tell you that Europeans are mostly white. US supremacists and European far-right radicals share a common belief a white and christian civilization besieged by immigrants and minorities.

The views of DavidB on nation and ethnicity are not shared by all Europeans. I think that theory of the Great Replacement is very popular among certain people in the right like DavidB himself,  not by the European mainstream. For sure US supremacists believe in the Great Replacement. In the end, his brand of nationalism aims to preserve the "European Civilization" on both sides of the Atlantic. I won't delve into the personal contradictions of that poster here, just point that it's ignorant to ignore the transatlantic connections existing between far-right radicals

Is this coming from a fantasy in your mind?

DavidB is one of the smartest posters here.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #1618 on: January 28, 2022, 06:59:42 AM »

Did I say he is not smart?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #1619 on: January 28, 2022, 09:18:46 AM »

Good.

Asians are white?

White adjacent, yes.

I think he was joking. Or at least I hope so.

Nah. Read his post history.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1620 on: January 28, 2022, 03:35:34 PM »

Support. Teachers withholding information like that from parents is unethical at best, grooming at worst. In a sane society, parents are entitled to all information regarding their children.
Apparently not outing queer kids to their bigoted parents who would throw them on the street if they knew is grooming.
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #1621 on: January 28, 2022, 04:21:15 PM »

What does this even mean?  Loans are just money.  If you won't give my kid a student loan to go to Harvard, I'll just take out a HELOC and use that debt to make up the difference.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1622 on: January 28, 2022, 10:24:32 PM »

This is actually a completely valid and accurate critique of DavidB's stated views. "Intelligence " has nothing to do with it.
James Monroe

« Reply #1623 on: January 30, 2022, 02:30:52 PM »

I believe God regularly responds to requests from the faithful. In fact, I've directly asked for help from God numerous times and got it immediately. The assistance I've received from all-knowing, all-seeing, all-hearing God led me to vote for A in this poll, but if that's too strong of an option or I'm misunderstanding the poll, then I ought to be considered, de facto, a vote for B.

Alright, do you really think the assistance is coming from an all-powerful Deity that remains anonymous behind the curtain wall? You never turn around and think how many people in the world do the same with your beliefs? I'm not going into a cliche about praying before war, how about playing a game of football. If I was the star quarterback for the team and heading into week 12 I'm going to be facing the best team in the NFL.  I ask the lord to help me win the game. When the game comes I get injured during the game in the first quarter. My team does fine absence my position, they come up short of winning the game. Doctors have examined my condition and ruled I'll be out for the season. Explain to me why God didn't grant the will to intervene in the game.
This world is a mere test, and without adversary of some form and some form of being tested, life is incomplete.
Unjust things happen in the world (initiated by Satan and his agents, allies, et cetera), and God is fine with that. How we respond to those unjust things is far more important. If we do what's right in the face of that, we will be rewarded.

This is such an childish view of thinking evil in our world. With the line of thinking you think the Holocaust or other mass atrocities were a work of Satan and his allies? Could you justified this by applying all bad things in our world to fantastical thinking.

Satan (and his legion of allies, minions, and co-conspirators) regularly and persistently pulls people away from good and God. But it should be noted that he only can set up residence where people themselves leave an opening. By himself he's weak and basically almost powerless. It's the dark impulses, amoralness, and misguidedness of humans that leaves room for him to do his shenanigans, and with that in mind, I'd say it's not accurate to say he's directly responsible for most of the evil in the world. Amoral/immoral human enablers are the ones who deal most of the damage. It is human agency and free will that not only allows us to be properly judged but also leaves the room for terrible atrocities to happen.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1624 on: January 30, 2022, 02:32:00 PM »

Whatever. I knew you'd not like my views on this.
Have a nice day good Sir.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 127  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies