The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:59:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 128
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 168580 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1500 on: December 01, 2021, 06:08:53 PM »

mtvoter doesn't seem like a bad guy at all, and I think this post was made in good faith, but nonetheless, it must be included -

Dr. Oz is an unbeatable suburban turnout monster. Him entering the race makes it likely R now.

I think he wins by 10% versus Fetterman, touted as the “WWC populist” who inevitably does worse among that demographic than Hillary Clinton.

Fetterman gets wiped out in the suburbs.

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1501 on: December 01, 2021, 07:20:55 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if some manufacturing or ware house workers created this variant to have an excuse not to return to work.

Not caring about the supply chain crisis this will cause.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1502 on: December 01, 2021, 07:32:29 PM »
« Edited: December 01, 2021, 07:36:26 PM by Badger »

FIFY

Lots of countries have characteristic bigotries that are weirdly common there. If Britain is TERF Island then it's in the same sense that Japan is Xenophobe Archipelago, India is Misogynist Subcontinent, and France is Islamophobe Hexagon.

Not sure how this post is wrong, let alone absurd or ignorant.

It testifies to sheer ignorance to call a whole country "xenophobe" or "IsLaMoPhObE".
Especially in view of the fact that he called me and other users racist for expounding the problems of blatant misogyny and racism of the Islamic World (which already spreads to Middle Europe). Plus, he glorifies and supports the crimes of the Arab family clans and the Lebanese Mafia by subdividing races and ethnicities into valuable and unworthy to live so that, in his estimation, the non-valuable ethnic groups don't have the right to mention, condemn and take action against those crimes.
This forum has turned into such a far-left extremist bubble that the majority of this community is not timid anymore about despising human dignity and rejecting facts and statistics that don't support their world view. In other words: Atlas has transformed into the woke equivalent of the QAnon/Querdenker bubble.

The fact that not everybody understands how absurd and ignorant Nathan's statement is reveals much about this forum's bias...

I think you are failing to distinguish between prejudices arguably being "common" in certain countries as Nathan stated, versus being" universal" which he clearly did not.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1503 on: December 01, 2021, 07:44:38 PM »

Islamophobia is not an especially "common" prejudice in France.
If upwards of 80 percent of French people would accept a Muslim neighbor, then France is probably not an especially intolerant society towards Islam in a European context.
My theory is that this is a common myth that is fed by the preponderance of Islamophobic sentiments in the chattering class due to apathy from Muslims and non-Muslims alike. French Muslims are quite apathetic towards this sort of stuff, which causes an imbalance which forces the political conversation dramatically in favor of the likes of Zemmour because there is no real counterweight. The marginal voter in France is probably decidedly more Islamophobic than the average Frenchman overall as well, but I don't feel like I can say there's real proof of that, it's more an educated guess.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #1504 on: December 01, 2021, 10:35:25 PM »

We already had that discussion and it is senseless to discuss it again as I won't change your mind and you won't change my mind in this matter.
The headscarf has exactly two purposes: one of them is the suppression and the objectification of women; the other one is being a menacing sign of aggressive Islamisation. That's what most Islamic scholars will tell you, that's what every feminist will tell you, that what every European constitution protection will tell you, that's the unanimous opinion throughout Europe, that's also what the majority of Muslims in Europe think (which is why most of them reject them).
Keep in mind please, that I was being attacked by Nathan and PUTP for defending those numerous moderate Muslims who became victims of radical Muslims, who were defended by PUTP and Nathan. If you think that a headscarf is merely some random tissue, fine, believe what what you want, but please don't insult me for holding the only mainstream opinion concerning that issue that exists in Europe. K?
And stop calling the whole of France an Islamophobic country just because they have banned the headscarf. In every West European country there is only group that is outstanding in each and every criminal statistics, and it is the task of the executive branch and forces to stem that problem. So, let them do their job. In this regard, however, you share the same character traits as your brethren from QAnon/Querdenker: You steadfastly refuse to acknowledge straight facts and therefore you beging to insult and attack us democrats once someone we state and provide them.

More I don't have to say about this topic.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1505 on: December 03, 2021, 03:30:54 AM »

I think, barring the military going around and literally jabbing the vaccine into people's arms whether they want it or not, this is necessary, and probably should be applied to the outdoors as well.

Any settings where masking is impractical, such as a restaurant should be permanently closed, with the owners being compensated by the government for the loss of their business.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #1506 on: December 03, 2021, 01:57:59 PM »

I am opposed to slavery but i am opposed to yankee filth even more
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #1507 on: December 03, 2021, 02:02:09 PM »

I do not care for many of John Brown’s actions, but Yellowhammer’s recent takes on the Civil War likely caused me to lose a not-insignificant amount of grey matter.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1508 on: December 04, 2021, 03:05:18 AM »

Pandemic has been over. But covid will not be let go as a political weapon, the campaign to make Americans let go and eventually forget about the basic liberties that were intact in 2019 is not going to let up between now and 2022 or 2024 for that matter.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1509 on: December 07, 2021, 05:36:47 PM »

"Popular High School Athlete Teams Up with Unpopular Autistic Nerd to Tyrannize Entire School"

All too familiar headlines, duh!

I’m glad I had my irresistible charm, intellect, psychoanalytical skill, and sarcasm (and decent enough looks) to compensate for my near-non-existent athlentic talents and lack of high-testosterone machismo behavior. At least enough to (thankfully) never consistently find myself in either position.

I don’t even think (but again -- mere speculation based on what I’ve read about this case!) that this guy was only planning to shoot people who bullied him, but it’s possible that he felt completely betrayed by some of the kids (especially the girls) who he might have viewed as possible friends but who abandoned him for the popular male bullies or that he just felt completely devastated by the entire "school culture." Add to that some combination of (possible/likely) mental issues, serious problems in/during upbringing, lack of friendships/social skills, and the unfortunate access to that gun and it’s not that hard to come up with plausible theories of how this unfolded. None of that justifies this crime (and I’m not engaing in any "shaming" because I don’t know anything about any of these people that wasn’t reported by news media -- this is based purely on their profiles), but the idea that this just occured "out of nowhere" is likely completely ridiculous.

uhhhhhhh
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1510 on: December 07, 2021, 10:05:04 PM »

Nina Turner's grandfather was a concentration camp administrator in the Holocaust.

I clicked on a quote in a poster's signature and the first thing I saw when I reached that thread was this and I burst into a fit of laughter.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1511 on: December 08, 2021, 09:47:16 PM »

Pandemic has been over. But covid will not be let go as a political weapon, the campaign to make Americans let go and eventually forget about the basic liberties that were intact in 2019 is not going to let up between now and 2022 or 2024 for that matter.

That S019 would find this absurd speaks to his views on basic freedoms.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1512 on: December 08, 2021, 10:06:03 PM »

"basic"
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #1513 on: December 08, 2021, 10:09:26 PM »

What does that have to do with "basic freedoms"? The pandemic clearly isn't over, or my dad wouldn't have been turned away from a hospital in his city because it's full of unvaccinated MAGAtards. That was three months ago and it's still full.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1514 on: December 08, 2021, 10:47:38 PM »

What does that have to do with "basic freedoms"? The pandemic clearly isn't over, or my dad wouldn't have been turned away from a hospital in his city because it's full of unvaccinated MAGAtards. That was three months ago and it's still full.
Your response definitely belongs here.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1515 on: December 09, 2021, 10:10:40 AM »

General McAuthur tried to silence me on a pbower2A 3A thread, that's laughable I have been posting on his Approvals for the longest
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1516 on: December 09, 2021, 10:12:15 AM »

General McAuthur tried to silence me on a pbower2A 3A thread, that's laughable I have been posting on his Approvals for the longest

Nobody is going to silence you, King.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #1517 on: December 10, 2021, 10:49:49 AM »

Yeah, nothing surprising about Iowa giving good numbers for Republicans. I have no idea why some still think the state is winnable for Democrats. Roy Moore would win Iowa by mid-high single digits.
This is pretty much peak atlas brain.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1518 on: December 10, 2021, 11:28:36 AM »

Your response definitely belongs here.

Lol, that's your response to the basic fact that the unvaccinated are causing hospitals to be full? I guess we can just shut off our brains and empathy to shill for Daddy Trump and the anti-vax hoaxers.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1519 on: December 11, 2021, 12:00:03 AM »

Masks are uncomfortable for sure and I'd like to get rid of them, but it's an effective and pretty easy way to slow down the spread of Covid, as proven in multiple studies. I don't understand why this is such a big deal.

I'm surprised how many people are just saying "get past Covid" when most of the world is clearly not at this point from a scientific stance. It's not just that a high infection rate gets hospitals in trouble (and with it other patients that need care), at least 10-15% of Covid patients suffer from long term health issues. Yes, the unvaccinated bear responsibility for their peril, but they still go to the doctor and take away ressources in the healthcare system that others need more urgent.

As for Omicron, it's simply not true that this variant is completely harmless. The hospitalization rate may be somewhat lower according to new data, but it's far more infectious and vaccines aren't has protective as they are against Delta. It will take at least 100 days before BioNtech/Pfitzer can deliver an "updated" vaccine for Omicron.

The pandemic absolutely sucks in many ways and I understand how anyone is tired and wants back to 100% normalcy, but we need to at least leave some protective measures in place and vaccinate as many people as possible.

They may be less effective but they're not useless. Also, I thought the boosters were supposed to provide more protection.

Honestly I can live with masking for a few more months. My school has been requiring masks for the past fall semester. Just please, no more lockdowns and going back to distance learning.

Yes, Boosters are still a very good measure to prevent severe illness according to current data.

It's just that infection itsself is more likely than with Delta, especially with only two shots or recovered with one dose.

Have you even left your home even one time since March 2020?

if anything we should be celebrating omicron being more mild by having covid parties!

(Quoting the conversation, but it’s the last post that belongs here)
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1520 on: December 12, 2021, 07:37:41 PM »

Caucuses are far more effective voter suppression than any Republican law
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #1521 on: December 14, 2021, 12:09:35 AM »

The fact that No was winning is an example of the anti-"party switch" circlejerk going too far.

No was winning earlier by a 5-0 margin, but then Nathan posted and now Yes is up by 2 votes. It's funny how people are willing to listen to him and recommend his posts but not me or mine.

You discredited yourself some months ago by asserting that religion dictates ideology regardless of class, ethnic, socio-economic and geographic considerations. In so doing you have achieved meme status, which means this poll result would be skewed by people reacting to you in kind.

AtorBoltox

« Reply #1522 on: December 14, 2021, 11:50:11 PM »

It never had any meaning.  I had literally never heard this word before 2015.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1523 on: December 15, 2021, 05:03:27 PM »

Offshore teaching jobs and go permanent remote to save taxpayer money. If kids want to go to a private school and their parents love them enough to cough up the cash, go for it. Absolutely no vouchers or tax breaks for that lifestyle choice, though.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1524 on: December 15, 2021, 05:19:33 PM »

Oh yeah, it's big brain time.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 128