Concert of Europe Part III?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:53:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Concert of Europe Part III?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Concert of Europe Part III?  (Read 689 times)
Spamage
spamage
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 23, 2020, 07:11:13 PM »

Hey all,
   I've recently been contacted by some veterans of 2017's Concert of Europe and 2018's Encore of Europe political simulation games hosted here. After about a year of mulling over ideas in my head, I'm willing to host again if there's suitable interest. It'll probably begin around the 1830's with some of the open-ended issues from the last game coming to a head early on.

Obviously I will have to do quite a bit of reviewing of the past game in order to project the world moving forward (I very much prefer a dynamic, immersive scenario that is going to force players to make some interesting decisions). So if there is enough support for continuing it'll probably take a week or so before I'm able to get things going.

I'd prefer to allow veterans to take their former roles back if they should so desire, but anyone would be welcome. This is not a sign up thread by any means (that'll come if there's enough interest), just merely checking to see if there's broad enough interest.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 07:59:28 PM »

YES! As one of the veterans who contacted you, I cannot overstate how excited I am about a Part III!
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 08:00:33 PM »

Good to hear from you Spamage! I know that I would be thrilled to see the game return for a third iteration.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 08:05:07 PM »

I’d be interested
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 08:07:08 PM »

Oh my. Its actually happening. I'm very very happy to see this.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2020, 08:12:37 PM »

Aye, it's hard to express just how wonderful this is! I'm in, of course. I'd like to reserve my traditional Prussian role for the time being, though I'm tempted to start elsewhere for this iteration.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2020, 08:14:13 PM »

I'd love the chance to return as Venice.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2020, 08:22:28 PM »

Yes please!  Sounds great!
NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2020, 08:23:38 PM »

I'd be interested
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2020, 09:00:43 PM »

Great! I'll get started tonight. Very excited to get this going Smiley
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2020, 11:39:22 PM »

Very interested.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2020, 01:37:40 AM »

Very interested in taking back my role as King of France.

I will write something about it!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2020, 12:52:19 PM »

I’m absolutely interested. Hopefully I do better this time.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2020, 01:29:20 PM »

So so,

I expect the following events to happen:

- South America War of Independence: Spain is going to face a huge revolution in South America. It will be interesting to see how the european powers will make their moves. Will they help the republicans led by Brazil, or will they stand together against republicanism?

- Grand Duchy of Piedmont succession crisis: with the last treaty signed between France and Austria, it was specifically stated that should Benedetto have no legitimate heir, IRL Louis XVIII's wife would inherit, and IRL LOUIS XVIII and his wife in this game have a daughter, who is the current queen of France. Benedetto's first wife abdicated all her privileges facing the threat of republicans. and he was quite old: so either he died childless or he could have had children from a second wife (a habsburg I guess!) but with his first wive still alive, so BIGAMY!!!

- Russia going after the Ottomans/Kalmar Union, Prussia going after Austria

- the rise of nationalism: in Flanders/Brabant, in Poland, in Greece, in Ireland, in Italy...

- North America being unstable: republican new england, Louisiana facing being unstable

-Asia being unstable notably China

- all the bishop princes in the HRE being more and more contested

As for France, this country was in the lasr decades in splendid isolationnism, but if I would guess its diplomatic relations at the beginning of this game:

- VERY GOOD RELATIONSHIP: Japan, as they have been good partners and been working well together

- GOOD RELATIONSHIP: Spain, Naples, the italian other bourbons, Louisiana (all the bourbons basically) + Prussia

- NEUTRAL: RUSSIA, OTTOMAN, SCANDINAVIA,

- RIVALS but not enemies: Britain (no war for many decades after all, France didn't even help the rebels against Britain in the US, but still they are rivals) ; Austria (Rhine borders, potential italian feud but at the same time they worked together against republicanism , and the HRE empress is french (in this game Louis XVI's granddaughter) ; China (vying for Asia domination but never in war against each others)

- ENEMIES: the Netherlands, Piedmont
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2020, 04:19:59 PM »

crown emoji
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2020, 04:43:36 PM »

Very excited to reprise my role as Japan, will try to be more active this time Smiley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2020, 11:39:54 PM »

So it looks like I'll finish the broader historical post either Friday or Saturday and will open the sign up and rules thread then. I'll give a broad overview of political developments in the years 1800-1835, but specific details for each realm will only be included in the prompts several days later when the game actually starts (there's just too many nations Tongue ). I also need to freshen up a bit on my practices in the previous game. For anyone interested in how the last two games shook out, I'd recommend going back a few pages to the old threads and freshening up a little about where we left off Smiley

I'm also planning on trying a bit of a tier system this game during sign ups, as in certain countries being ranked higher and lower based on in-game power. I recognize, especially for newcomers, sometimes it is tough for some of you to participate as much as one would like, and it's also difficult for me to write 3 prompts for tiny states. Smaller local powers may only get two prompts or so a turn and would be for people looking to play, but perhaps not quite as in-depth. While they'd be free to conduct diplomacy and take action just like other players, it would save me time having to research really obscure things just to come up with the prompt.

It's looking like there will be initially 27 possible powers to pick from, but obviously I would put a cap somewhere around half of that. This would just help people know what is potentially available should they choose to join.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies