Describe a Hillary 2016-Bernie 2020 primary voter
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:04:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Describe a Hillary 2016-Bernie 2020 primary voter
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Describe a Hillary 2016-Bernie 2020 primary voter  (Read 1585 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2020, 11:14:43 PM »

Very nearly me. If I ordered my priorities when voting differently, or were even just slightly further to the left, I can easily imagine having voted for Sanders.

Some other possibilities:

A very Twitter #MeToo activist who blindly believes any and all of the accusations against Biden.

Someone who really liked Hillary for various reasons in 2016, maybe for her foreign policy chops, but whose #2 main issue is something like affordable college education.

Someone very concerned about electability who has PTSD from 2016, worried progressives will stay home if it's not Bernie or that Biden won't be up for the general despite polling.

Someone who was concerned with the absolute absence of high-profile endorsements for Bernie in 2016 because of "we need someone who can work with Congress," and who was satisfied in 2020 that he built enough bridges with the establishment to assuage those concerns.

Or, of course, someone who has just moved left for whatever reason since 2016.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies